Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:48 am

Post by Norinel »

No role details? No kill types? No
alignments
? Personal sanity level at 90% and falling...

random vote: Leonidas
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:08 am

Post by Norinel »

Those were all kind of rhetorical questions.

I would be very surprised FD didn't change the alignment of some of the roles, so at least some evil claimants would be able to successfully claim a pro-town version of their own role. (That and we don't know what Darkblade and Thoth submitted, so we could have up to two roles that don't match for free, and scum can always lie about the roles they submitted, etc.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:34 am

Post by Norinel »

I'm going through pretty quickly, so I don't have the time to weigh in on the evil claims debate. But it is 72 hours into Day 1, and ages, FrogGurl, (Who's away until today) and Leo haven't posted yet.

FD
- Is there a reason Totem's name is out of order in the living players list?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:31 am

Post by Norinel »

I think mneme already covered the problem with an all roles designed claim- in most cases, scum can just claim the pro-town role submitted by the same person who submitted their anti-town role. This'll work as long as the role isn't provable (they'd only have to claim changes to their role that make it unprovable) or in weird situations like the Hobo/Traitor. Also, as long as anyone who has a role that can figure out who designed what roles is dead, the scum can just lie about their pro-town roles, or say that other people lied about theirs when they claim.

unvote: Leonidas
since he's posted.

It's been a few days, but I can't help but think there might be more to mneme's little April 1 drama than meets the eye.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #186 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Post by Norinel »

I was away for a little while, but I'm back now. Too tired to post a lot of substance.

I've been cloned? That's easy enough to prove, if I didn't get attacked.

The indirect cop thing has been done before; see Vizzini in Princess Bride, for instance.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #197 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Norinel »

vote: NanookTheWolf
Did a reread, and I got a mental certainty that he's scum... from his posts. If he is, there's a good chance willows is as well.

Other things of note: Narninian claimed he didn't receive the roles ages submitted, then that ages submitted the Demoralizer. I put an obvious hint about my pro-town designed role, but it didn't appear to get responded to (Although the person who had it may have put a clue in before, in such a way that replying to mine would be too blatant). On the other hand, I'd have known if my anti-town designed role (As submitted) has done anything, and it hasn't.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #201 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:18 pm

Post by Norinel »

During my reread, I found a lot of stuff that said you were scum, and a lot of stuff that said Nanook was scum, and a little stuff that said you two were associated.

I think someone said asking to be investigated is a key sign of GF-ness, but I'm not sure who did, when, or where.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:30 pm

Post by Norinel »

More or less copied from my notes, so there's no quotes, just numbers:

Post 24- Willows goes for a quick bandwagon (albeit on an IRL friend)- scum/connection with Nanook?
Post 118- w_w skeptical of a now known to be accurate cop result. (Cops coming out with a guilty result Day 1 is common, at least in games I'm in.)
Post 127- Nanook does much the same, but more waffly.
Post 153- Nanook assumes a standard number of mafia. (It's happened before in games with a nonstandard number of mafia, 2 or 4 in a mini, that the first person to explicitly state something along the lines of "There's probably three mafia" was scum.)

I have some more stuff (Some other players) to look at, but that's what jumped out at me.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #226 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:17 pm

Post by Norinel »

I'm sure enough Nanook is scum (Between points raised in my previous post, Fuldu, and Fuldu's investigation) that I think that, given the deadline, he's our best option. Also, having a provable/nice-sounding role is half meaningless normally, and double meaningless in this game. The Demoralizer (And Framer, if you made up a pro-town ability to go along with it) are both provable, and I'd not be surprised if (As I said before) some of the mafia's abilities were made from a pro-town role. Vote-doubling may be a part of Nanook's role, which he gave to fellow scum Night 1 but a townie N2 to make it seem pro-town.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #240 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:33 pm

Post by Norinel »

So we have some source of information that's (To my perspective) paranoid/insane, in use of lying scum, or both. Sigh. Well, can you at least tell us if it was something along the lines of Fuldu's "mental certainity"?

Could Gaspode be scum? Perhaps. The timing of his revelation seems like it could be a scum ploy; reveal close enough to the deadline to push me over or get votes off Nanook. (Not to mention that his question answering time is something like 8-9 hours before deadline)
FOS: Gaspode
as well as
Narninian
for jumping on and commenting on the provability of Nanook's claim after I explained why provability means very little.

I don't see the need for a full claim yet. Let it suffice to say that I'm asking FD if I can claim previous tasks; that should be good enough for one of you. (And please, if you submitted it, say simply that I have your role and that it's a sort of role that'd be less likely to be turned evil.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #241 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:38 pm

Post by Norinel »

One more thing. Someone's probably going to come along and vote me because I didn't change votes in my last post. I doubt there's enough time to get a lynchwagon on Gaspode in the time we have left, and could view that as another part of a potential timing plot to keep scum below the deadline lynch threshold. Not sure whether or not I should; I haven't been feeling in much of a conscious thought mood lately.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #251 (isolation #11) » Sat May 01, 2004 1:12 am

Post by Norinel »

I think Nanook originally said that the double vote thing only lasts until nightfall, so I'd be the only one who might have it.

I suppose we need to hear from Leo, since he's implicitly claimed a similar role. It's also possible that I could've been Stewie's target Night 1, although I don't think I'd come to mind as someone who'd be investigated early.

If I were sure Nanook's lying about the vote-doubling thing, I'd agree to put a second-to-last vote on myself. But I think it's possible that that's part of his anti-town ability, so I don't find it worth the risk.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #255 (isolation #12) » Sat May 01, 2004 3:17 am

Post by Norinel »

Don't cast another vote on me yet; if two people indicate their desire to lynch me, I'll vote myself to see about confirming (Or not) Nanook's ability. If I survive, I hope some of the pressure'll come off.

FD
: If the lynching vote were cast and uncast within a single post, does the lynch go through?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #257 (isolation #13) » Sun May 02, 2004 1:25 am

Post by Norinel »

Nanook- I figure that if I'm going to die anyway, I might as well die in a way that gives the town information.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #260 (isolation #14) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:21 am

Post by Norinel »

I suppose Nanook & willows have both said what I consider intent to vote, so:

unvote: Nanook, vote: Norinel

*pause*

unvote: Norinel

Let's see what happens. If I do die, it'll certainly be ironic.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #266 (isolation #15) » Mon May 03, 2004 12:35 pm

Post by Norinel »

Hey, I survived. Wasn't expecting that. Pick a target, any target...

vote: Nanook
to reverse the bandwagons.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #278 (isolation #16) » Sun May 09, 2004 10:19 am

Post by Norinel »

Darkblade wrote:But secondly, when Nanook was about to die, he kept on saying "Once I die, kill Norinel!" Now what would be the motivation of scum to urge a post-mortem bandwagon when they know they will be found out? Simple. Nanook was pretty much despretly trying to distance himself from Norinel.
Or he was just trying to get me lynched, as there's enough against me and he knows I'm not associated with him. Or Nanook was trying to make it look as if he was trying to distance himself from me so I'd be lynched the next day, or Nanook was trying to make it look as if he were trying to make it look like he was distancing himself from me, or...

I admit I still can't explain Gaspode's result, other than to assume I got framed Night 1. And that is weak; I've usually lynched people who try the stronger Chainsaw Defence (My term for claiming your role is pro-town but makes you look evil), and they've been scum. In the unlikely case that whoever submitted my role was alive and missed my last allusion, it's the TV Show Host.

As for Mike, it's obvious enough that I submitted the Drama Queen, but I'd like to know what he knows about his revival and revelationchange as well. (Since the role as I submitted it wouldn't've caused either.)

vote: Leonidas
for being the other person implicated by the whole Gaspode thing.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #280 (isolation #17) » Mon May 10, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Norinel »

Leonidas was not a guilty result. Leonidas was implicitly claiming the role Fuldu submitted, which Gaspode claimed with more details. We don't know about anything that can frame a counterclaim yet. And why possibility of framers? Stewie was a framer.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #291 (isolation #18) » Wed May 12, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by Norinel »

Fuldu made that quote.

Leo and I don't seem to be reading the same thread. (Or part of his role is that he can't actually say anything specific about his role, or something.) Vote stands.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #294 (isolation #19) » Wed May 12, 2004 1:24 pm

Post by Norinel »

It's not a big hit against Gaspode, but he's contradicting himself a bit since he now implicitly states his accuracy goes down in intervals of 5% instead of 10%.
Gaspode wrote:Framers are always a possibility;
Possibility? Read the front post. Stewie is listed as a framer. In Post 181, Nanook claims submitting the framer, and that it makes false positives two posts down. (And yes, he's scum, but I wouldn't lie about my submissions if I were scum.)

The story of Leo, as I see it: (And I got lazy halfway down and stopped putting in links.)
Post 35: Leo votes for God "because he's scum."
Post 112: Leo claims cop and says he has a guilty result.
Post 122: Fuldu claims that he probably submitted Leo's role, a cop who loses accuracy with each post.
Posts 137 and 165: Leo posts without addressing Fuldu's claim
Post 159: FrogGurl (Who's previously claimed a role that can see who designed what) says bloojay submitted Leo's role.
Post 221: bloojay says Leo's claim is similar to an evil role he submitted.
Post 228: bloojay clarifies that his evil role is a cult recruiter of sorts.
Post 246: Gaspode claims ADD Cop, a cop who loses accuracy with each post.
Post 253: Fuldu confirms Gaspode's claim.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #295 (isolation #20) » Wed May 12, 2004 1:57 pm

Post by Norinel »

And speaking of bloojay, he's vanished, so a replacement might be in order.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #302 (isolation #21) » Wed May 12, 2004 11:22 pm

Post by Norinel »

Is anyone reading a word I'm saying?

willows: Leo never explicitly claimed an ADD cop-like role. He claimed cop, Fuldu assumed he was the ADD cop from his lack of posting, and he posted again without addressing it. He either wasn't paying attention, or he accepted it, or he's lying. The mental certainty is Fuldu's on Nanook.

Victoria: It's in my synopsis, post 253 to be exact.

Darkblade:
Leo is not a result.

Leo: I summarized the posts that create the case against you in my last post.

FrogGurl: Gaspode's done well in the past? He's shared two results: Me guility and Leo innocent, neither of which are confirmed yet.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #311 (isolation #22) » Fri May 14, 2004 3:02 pm

Post by Norinel »

I think things can't go much farther until we hear from bloojay's replacement.

Quick unofficial vote count, 7 to lynch:

Norinel (5)- Darkblade, Gaspode, Victoria, mneme, Totem
Leonidas (2)- Norinel, Mike Amok
FrogGurl (1)- Leonidas
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #317 (isolation #23) » Tue May 18, 2004 11:42 pm

Post by Norinel »

Stewie claimed that the hooker role is a roleblocker back in Day 1 (Post 42). I submitted the Drama Queen, but haven't said what exactly it does.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #322 (isolation #24) » Fri May 21, 2004 12:15 am

Post by Norinel »

Yay!

A brief summary of events for korais: Leonidas probably has one of the roles bloojay submitted. bloojay has said that Leo's behavior is similar to his evil role. Leo has claimed a cop of some sort. Is the pro-town role bloojay submitted investigative in nature? How does his anti-town role work?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #324 (isolation #25) » Fri May 21, 2004 9:21 am

Post by Norinel »

Narninian mentioned that he learned what ages submitted when he replaced him.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #326 (isolation #26) » Fri May 21, 2004 10:55 am

Post by Norinel »

No, I was using you as an example, as we need korais to tell us about the roles bloojay submitted.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #331 (isolation #27) » Sat May 22, 2004 10:00 am

Post by Norinel »

You shouldn't have given all the details of the pro-town role, so we could have trapped Leo by asking him for more info.

The Psychiatrist sounds worth killing sooner rather than later. My vote still isn't going anywhere.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #344 (isolation #28) » Fri May 28, 2004 9:30 am

Post by Norinel »

Hmm, what can I say? Well, I can say Leo may have been town, but he was town that couldn't be bothered to read the thread or post much of substance beyond his initial God investigation. And the Duo as bloojay submitted it didn't match up with his accepted claim of cop that loses accuracy with posting.

I can also say that I was blocked last night (By Darkblade if the pm I got from FD is any indication) and we're down a kill. It looks like the reviver can only revive night victims the night after they die, or Leo (Or Dementia Blader) would have seemed to be a more obvious choice of revivee.

Willows' death scene is interesting; looks like (s)he was targetted by both the shooting and slicing killers, or there are still two more mafia.

FOS: Totem
in case jeep's voting for other scum early on is a reasonable indicator- most of his votes so far have been for the three confirmed mafia.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #350 (isolation #29) » Sat May 29, 2004 12:27 am

Post by Norinel »

Totem wrote: misunderstood information about Crime-fighting Duo completely. I thought Leo was both the cop and the vig and choosing to lynch him will not kill him and only make him weaker.
That's how I interpreted it as well; I'd guess FD changed things around a bit.

Hmm, duelling copesque results. (And to think I was about to post something along the lines of "Let's give everyone a chance to talk before I get lynched." :roll: ) This could get interesting. It doesn't seem like there are scenarios much less contrived than what I think is the case (I was framed N1, Totem is telling the truth.): Totem's lying to save me, I'm innocent and was framed N1 and Totem's lying to establish trust once I'm revealed innocent, or I'm some weird scum like an even-night godfather.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #357 (isolation #30) » Sun May 30, 2004 4:44 am

Post by Norinel »

BlueSin wrote:I can't find 'sliced' in the night scene. I just can see the 'bang' there....
The "We met before" bit implies that it's the same pair of killers who went after Fuldu.

Didn't get anything regarding being in the shop, if that means anything.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #359 (isolation #31) » Mon May 31, 2004 12:07 am

Post by Norinel »

Well, FrogGurl, Gaspode, Mike Amok, Narninian and Victoria haven't yet posted today. Gaspode's excused, FrogGurl hasn't posted since the 22nd, Mike hasn't posted since the 13th, Narninian since the 23rd, and Victoria since the 12th. I'd suggest prodding for either Mike or Victoria.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #363 (isolation #32) » Mon May 31, 2004 1:28 pm

Post by Norinel »

Argh. I mildly resent being grouped with Victoria, who has hardly contributed to the thread since the beginning.
Wow, five posts over the entire game almost devoid of content. I really hope she has some sort of restriction. (And in general, restrictions that discourage posting harm the game. Talk is good.)
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #373 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:11 am

Post by Norinel »

And that's a lynch. :(

I still won't say what my role did in case lynch victims can be revived, but I still say that I have no actual useful information to give the town which I haven't said already. Maybe reading my posts once I'm revealed pro-town will help some. I'm still uneasy about the revivees, since none of them have been nightkilled yet.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #380 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:09 am

Post by Norinel »

I noticed that there was an extra player, but didn't think too much of it.
As I got no usable doc roles, I balanced it with a LOT of cops.
Well, Totem's role is essentially a doc role, (In terms of its ability to reduce kills) just one that always succeeds and clears its target.

Liked the game, despite the weird town luck. Who submitted what?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”