Mini 1787: Peruvian Nightclub Mafia (Game End!)

toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 422, heuristically_alone wrote:@Robert I already explained my reasoning for why I added you to my scum board, and if you were paying attention you would see that it has nothing to do with what you think of me, but of how you answered my question when I asked if you were mafia.

Also, didn't you ask Zach if he was mafia, and not Robert?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 426, toolenduso wrote:
In post 422, heuristically_alone wrote:@Robert I already explained my reasoning for why I added you to my scum board, and if you were paying attention you would see that it has nothing to do with what you think of me, but of how you answered my question when I asked if you were mafia.

Largest scumslip of the entire game.

I'll save Dunnstral for the D2 noose.

UNVOTE: DUNNSTRAL

VOTE: H_A
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:49 am

HA is at l-1 as far as I can tell
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 am

Post by toolenduso »

Actually I think he's at L-2:

Unofficial votecount from tool

heuristically_alone -- 5
: floof, Keyser, Jaack, Dunnstral, Zachstralkita
iraonavp -- 3
: Tyler, bins, toolenduso
Zachstralkita -- 3
: xyzzy, JFSF, heuristically
Keyser Söze -- 1
: iraonavp

Not voting
:Robert2424

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-05-06 16:00:00)

That said, it might be a good idea to wait for an official votecount before we go any further.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:49 am

You're right. Floof was already voting ha when he unvoted Jack and revoted HA.
Show
Things I've learned.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Zulfy »

Wash wash wash
Dry dry dry
Run run run

Running back to the bar I see a line of people waiting patiently for me.
"Disculpen" I mutter.
Votecount 1.07

heuristically_alone
(L-2)
: Keyser, Jaack, Dunnstral, Floof, Zachstralkita
iraonavp
: Tyler, bins, toolenduso
Zachstralkita
:xyzzy, JFSF, heuristically
Keyser Söze
: iraonavp

Not voting
:Robert2424

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-05-06 16:00:00)
Last edited by Zulfy on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
no investigation no right to speak
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 422, heuristically_alone wrote:
@Robert I already explained my reasoning for why I added you to my scum board, and if you were paying attention you would see that it has nothing to do with what you think of me, but of how you answered my question when I asked if you were mafia. Now, because of how hard you're pushing back, it just increases my suspicions of you.

I'd really like to see an explanation for this, did you ask him this somewhere? Did you get mixed up?

Also why do I feel like I'm being ignored in a way
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:44 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

Ok, now I see where I went wrong and why Robert had asked me for my reasoning. When Robert had quoted my question to Zach, I read it wrong and though that Robert was responding as if I asked him the same question "Are you mafia?" It is a tactic that I tried in a couple of other games as well, and I got mixed up on who all I'd asked. That's why I read Robert as scum, when in fact he was just commenting on that question, and now I mixed myself up, sorry Robert. Though Robert did get pretty defensive once I accused him, which is still interesting to note, but it could be because I literal read him as scum without valid evidence or reason. Whoops.

@Dunnstral, are you saying that you feel like I'm ignoring you, or everyone in general?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

in general
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 427, Zachstralkita wrote:

Yea that's right, just casually move your vote away from me :D
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 436, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 427, Zachstralkita wrote:

Yea that's right, just casually move your vote away from me :D

Zachstralkita wrote:

You know what Jake, you're right, I'm beginning to see your point about reading comprehension.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 419, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Looking over this.

First - His reads and your reads aren't that different. I mean sure there are some people he has scummy and you have as town and vice versa but it looks like a bunch of people you both sort of agree on. I am not sure why him having different reads than you makes him suspicious. Clearly not everyone is going to share your viewpoint so scum reading him for that is just plain stupid. here is what I put together comparing reads between the 2. The bolded names are where the reads are the same or pretty close to each other which makes me wonder if Jaack actually compared ha's reads to his own.

Spoiler:
Tyler - Town (Jaack & HA)

Keyser - Town (jack) scum (ha)
Tyler - both town
Dunn - both town
xyzzy - both town

zach - Town (Jack) Scum (HA)
tool - town (jack) slightly suspicious (ha)
Bins - Decently town (jack) - leaning scum (ha)
JFSF - both townish

Floof - Don't really give a read but I sense scummy vibes from Jack, leaning scum (ha)

Robert - neither really give a strong read but both seem mildly suspicious

ira - scum (jack) town (ira)

Well first of all, even if we may 'agree' on certain reads, I didn't like the route he took to get to certain reads.

Secondofly, it's nearly impossible to not have similar opinions about half the players in the game due to the scum-town ratio. Note that we don't share any scumreads besides robert, (at least I think that H_A is scumreading robert right now. seems to change every post). And really, our reads aren't all that similar - he's scumreading my best townread in Keyser and townreading my best scumread in ira.

In post 419, Jake from State Farm wrote:Second - I am not sure what about his post makes you think he knows you are town, but he did say he has you in his town pile so i don't see why you have such an issue with him looking at the people voting you for scum. Seems like you should be doing the same thing yourself (no idea if you actually did or not)

I did look at the players scumreading me back when that was a thing. It was a while ago and it led me to suspect tool for a bit.

But as for H_A, I was concerned that he only very hesitantly called me town, but then based his entire reads on floof and tool based on them voting for me. Felt like a disconnect there.

In post 419, Jake from State Farm wrote:Third - yes Kaiser made the same mistake as you did and it actually looks like you just stole Keyser's thought about him knowing you are town. There is absolutely nothing wrong with somebody thinking a player is town and questioning people on that wagon. Keyser calls it conf. bias but so what, people do it all the time and there isn't really anything suspicious about it. How either of you come to the conclusion that he somehow KNOWS you are town is beyond me.

I don't have a problem with questioning people on a wagon you don't like. But something felt off to me about the way that H_A was doing it that makes me uncomfortable.

In post 419, Jake from State Farm wrote:why didn't you ask him for them? Anyways as you mention he does give a read on ira previously (town). he also gave a read on Dunn (town), and also for keyser (while he doesn't actually come out and say town or scum, he basically adds on to Dunn's read of Keyser from post 82 where dunn says he thinks keyser is mafia. I believe he also thinks keyser is mafia because he provides reasons for why dunn has come to that conclusion.

Well it's probably goofy, but my instant reaction to noticing that he left of 3 players is that he accidentally forgot to include his scumbuddies. It's probably not the right conclusion to jump to, particularly because I think that Dunn and Keyser are town, but it is something that stuck out to me. I just find it odd that someone would post a list of reads on almost everyone. That feels odd to me logistically, which I guess doesn't have to mean scummy.

As for not asking him, I thought I had, but I'm a doofus that apparently can't keep track of three questions to ask.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:28 pm

In post 438, Jaack wrote:Well it's probably goofy, but my instant reaction to noticing that he left of 3 players is that he accidentally forgot to include his scumbuddies.

:roll:
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:30 pm

In post 437, Zachstralkita wrote:You know what Jake, you're right, I'm beginning to see your point about reading comprehension.

The most important element of the game.
Show
Things I've learned.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 439, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 438, Jaack wrote:Well it's probably goofy, but my instant reaction to noticing that he left of 3 players is that he accidentally forgot to include his scumbuddies.

:roll:

Oh I fully admit it's dumb. But sometimes it's hard to stop your brain from thinking things you know to be dumb.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 441, Jaack wrote:
Oh I fully admit it's dumb. But sometimes it's hard to stop your brain from thinking things you know to be dumb.

Can confirm, I mean some of you guys think I'M scum :] :] :] :]
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by heuristically_alone »

In post 438, Jaack wrote:Well it's probably goofy, but my instant reaction to noticing that he left of 3 players is that he accidentally forgot to include his scumbuddies. It's probably not the right conclusion to jump to, particularly because I think that Dunn and Keyser are town, but it is something that stuck out to me. I just find it odd that someone would post a list of reads on almost everyone. That feels odd to me logistically, which I guess doesn't have to mean scummy

The reason they Dunn and Keyser aren't included is because when I first joined the game I gave my analysis of them, then later on in the day when I had more time I included the rest. I probably should have reposted my thoughts on them with everyone.

As for my feeling on Robert, I've decided that I can't tell if he's town or scum and want to see more posted by him.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:46 pm

So when you can't explain your 180 and you get called out for your mistake, your read goes to null? :lol:
Show
Things I've learned.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:48 pm

vote: Ha

That's l-1
Show
Things I've learned.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 445, Jake from State Farm wrote:
vote: Ha

That's l-1

What has H_A done to warrant your vote on him as opposed to me?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by xyzzy »

now that the topic has moved away from Jake's vote on Zachstralkita, I feel like Jake has been a far more useful player (even in just like the last page and a half). I'm still not a fan of the choices made by him surrounding that vote, but I'm feeling better now.

in response to Jake's : I think the relevance of that depends entirely on whether Robert could've had any good reason to strongly believe that you're town at that point; if Robert died and turned out to be scum, that would be a strong indicator in your favor, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that it was anything more than "I believe you're a skilled player, I'm going to keep my eye on you on the assumption that you would do well as scum."

I'm going to reread h_a; I've felt just slightly worse than neutral about him, but given that he's at L-1, I'd like to reassess.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by toolenduso »

I feel like HA is a good lynch. But I feel like it's a tad fast to lynch right now and I kinda want to sleep on this and come back and look at it with a fresher eye tomorrow. So in the meantime I'd like to ask for no hammers on H_A just yet. And certainly don't do it without getting a claim out of him first.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Also yeah it would be nice to hear from robert
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

why is HA a better lynch than me?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”