Mini 1787: Peruvian Nightclub Mafia (Game End!)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Can we get Bins :D
I didn't like the way they seemed when they came back
Xyzzy also noticed that Bins seems to have "backed off" which fits with the "timid mafia" profile (which is what I was talking about in post )

Also I took a look at Zach and found this:

In post 73, Zachstralkita wrote:
Jaack wrote:

As for zach, I agree with your read and reasoning on Tyler. I don't think its ever to early to try and get reads -- some of my best reads are sometimes formed in the first three pages. Scum start playing from their first post, so why shouldn't townies? (That's a rhetorical question) I mean, you don't need to death tunnel someone from a page 2 gut read, but its important to take note of scummy or townie posting no matter where it takes place.

I didn't mean early to get reads, I meant early to be like, discussing them and shit. We could think a little more and see how things pan out, but you know that's just me. To be fair, posting about them does further discussion.

In post 94, Zachstralkita wrote:Blatant scum. Are you kidding me?

VOTE: Dunnstral

???

Additionally I noticed that Zach had no signs of a read on me in post , but after I made my posts and about jaack he pegged me as blatant scum and hasn't backed down or otherwise explained since then
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Bins »

XY, I'm trying to figure out who I'm going to switch my vote to. I just haven't read as in depth as I had liked. I pretty much skimmed and looked at the early stuff before I had to go to work.

My feelings have changed. If Dunn was mafia I feel like he would have dropped this "hey look how into this game I am" (I'm really trying to explain this as best I can) tone after being called out on it by 3 people. I'm curious about how he's actually going to push this "case" on me.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 174, xyzzy wrote:I felt like the "guess why I'm voting this way" in #46 wasn't that great (it's kind of a leading question that just gets other people to answer for your actions), but that's the only thing I've specifically disliked.

This is why I didn't like his entry.

Other than that my read is mainly just paranoia because of what I mentioned. Very similar to the reason I was scumreading Dunn at first but less awkward. Very "I know what I'm doing, look at me".

The fact all I have is gut reads right now is mainly - yep I'm making an excuse - because I haven't played this game in a year and I've pretty much forgotten what to look for. Don't bug me about it.

gtkas
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Floof »

VOTE: Jack

I am still on page 4 but I think Jack is scum. :D
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Floof »

In post 89, xyzzy wrote:here are some thoughts going through the thread post by post:

4: basically my thoughts on the "this isn't an rvs vote" line are that they're either 1)a deliberate pattern that serves some purpose unknown to the rest of us or 2)a totally meaningless thing that has no intent behind it. the former seems like slight scum behavior whereas the latter would be very slight town behavior.

12: I'm getting town vibes from this--not voting during RVS isn't inherently bad, and there's at least enough content to this post to generate discussion. doing things that generate discussion early on is good and pro-town, and that's what this post does.

29: this is a good post and I feel good about iraonavp.

34: I can't believe I misspelled "Dunnstral". anyway, this was basically an attempt to ask Dunnstral whether his posts had any specific meaning without going too far into detail about what things I think that meaning might be.

38: I don't agree with the sentiment that someone's comfort level can function as a tell with any real level of precision; there are probably just as many people who do exactly the opposite as scum.

40: this was me trying to ask the same question as #34 but in a more specific manner, seeking a specific answer.

41: not directly answering a question like this feels like it could be a sign that you're trying to avoid any really specific discussion, which would be bad. on the other hand, the fact that your reply was just 3 minutes after my post is a good sign; that seems to point away from the idea that you might be acting super deliberately at this point. I think after giving it more thought I feel like this is probably a town read (although that's also influenced by stuff from later in the thread, I guess, but whatever)

46: I don't like having a vote with the implication that there's meaning behind it without going into that reasoning at all; that said, Tyler's post #50 is substantial enough that I'm fine with the lowish level of detail here.

55: this post says some worthwhile things, but I'm not sure how to feel about Keyser overall yet. also, nice gifs.

59: this post is really incoherent, but that's my cat's fault for waking me up at 4:30 am.

62: this is a good post and I trust Tyler so far.

66: I don't particularly agree with you regarding your original vote, but I like the reasoning you give for it here.

70: this is the first post from Zachstralkita that I think actually says anything significant; the rest of his posts before this one have a really low signal:noise ratio.

77: why the unvote?

81: I think I answered your question here substantially enough earlier in this post, so I'm just acknowledging your line of questioning here.

87: you're one to talk; I'd say Dunnstral is one of the better players in this regard.

---

Tyler is the player I'm getting the strongest town vibes from. Dunnstral, if your opinion of Keyser changes at any point, I'm definitely interested in knowing that. Zachstralkita has managed to talk a lot while saying very little, and I really don't like that.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zachstralkita

Can you use the

Code: Select all

[post]number[/post]
tag next time because this post is pretty hard to follow and I don't want your thoughts to go to waste :C
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 178, Floof wrote:VOTE: Jack

Is this after seeing my post ?
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by Floof »

In post 180, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 178, Floof wrote:VOTE: Jack

Is this after seeing my post ?

I was at the bottom of page 3 so no.

But basically we have the same reasoning, I feel as though Jack has been trying too hard to look town and I don't see a lot of purpose in his posts.
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Floof »

In post 164, Dunnstral wrote:Mistakes were made

UNVOTE: jaack

I am all caught up and would prefer if you revote Jaack :)
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Bins »

HEY ANOTHER ONTARIO SCUMMER

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Bins »

sry I'm in bed but I got excited sry good night friends

gtkas
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Floof »

Goodnight fam o/
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm less inclined to believe that jaack is mafia and would rather get bin :)
Floof
Floof
Townie
Floof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Floof »

VOTE: H_A

Actually thinking about it this needs to post more.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 179, Floof wrote:Can you use the

Code: Select all

[post]number[/post]
tag next time because this post is pretty hard to follow and I don't want your thoughts to go to waste :C

oh geez yeah! I didn't realize that existed, because it didn't exist 6 years ago. that's so convenient!
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 186, Dunnstral wrote:I'm less inclined to believe that jaack is mafia and would rather get bin :)

I'm actually having trouble reading bins. Could you tell me what changed your mind on your previous townread on him?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

basically what I've been saying about the whole timid thing - I read them as real passive once they came back compared to the first times they posted
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 136, Dunnstral wrote:Wow you've got cake too

Well, don't take it to go easy on me cause its my 25th birthday. :P

I didn't get a chance to do my Randomness, so I did it there.

Unvote
For now.

not that I'm for Day one lynches either. Day 1 is good though.

TBh, reading though iron is one of those who catches my eye as not very helpful. So either he dosen't care, or thinks if he acts silly enough, people will blow him off.

when I'm not as tired I need take a look at certain peoples posts in general as I got no feeling whatsoever. (Dunn, and one other I can't think of.
Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 134, Robert2424 wrote:However.......I must prepare myself for Jake. For he may try to take revenge upon me from a previous game.

1. Happy birthday
2. I dont even remember playing with you
Thank you, and I imagine you wouldn't. I beat you being mafia with AJ. it was awhile back. Was my first time winning as the mafia btw, but you had us pagged from day one.
heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by heuristically_alone »

VOTE: Zachstralkita
Your first post and post 122 have been the 2 worst posts of the entire game. And in general you got more talk than game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 187, Floof wrote:VOTE: H_A

Actually thinking about it this needs to post more.

Not sure if that's deserving of a vote, he just got in here with this

In post 172, heuristically_alone wrote:Hey everyone. Feel free to call me Alone. This turned into a crazy weekend. Starting tomorrow I will be able to take this game super serious!

Though his followup is kind of iffy

heuristically_alone wrote:VOTE: Zachstralkita
Your first post and post 122 have been the 2 worst posts of the entire game. And in general you got more talk than game.

First of all there wasn't anything special about his first post? Just an rvs vote and his entry

Second of all you pretty much read to me as going for the easy lynch/joining a bandwagon, especially since you haven't contributed any other reads of your own
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

It was my birthday yesterday ladies and gents, please excuse my absence - I'll be online later.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Keyser I'm
interested
in hearing what you think of jaack, bins, and iraonavp
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 157, xyzzy wrote:
In post 97, iraonavp wrote:
In post 88, Jaack wrote:
In post 80, Keyser Söze wrote:
OK - I can understand your reasoning about scum being over-cautious or self-conscience in early D1 play, but I am not seeing that fear/over-concern in Robert2424's opening post. I saw it as a RVS reply to Jake from State Farm's RVS vote.

"offering an opinion without justification or commitment"
? - I have never seen this on Page 1 of a game.

I like playing aggressively at the beginning of D1. At the very least, it gets discussion going, and sometimes you'll get lucky and catch scum.

And I still don't think that Robert's post was an RVS post. I mean you may be right, but it seems serious to me. Not that it really matters because when Robert comes back he can write it off as RVS either way.

Why does it matter whether or not his post is RVS?

why on earth would it
not
matter?

If it didn't matter? I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 158, xyzzy wrote:
In post 103, iraonavp wrote:I think that voting the largest wagon is a good way to conduct RVS.

I voted Keyser because I found him suspicious? I don't see what's comical about that.

what about voting the largest wagon do you find helpful? I don't necessarily disagree entirely, but it seems like something vastly more variable than that.

If there are large wagons, the game can leave RVS faster.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 176, Bins wrote:XY, I'm trying to figure out who I'm going to switch my vote to. I just haven't read as in depth as I had liked. I pretty much skimmed and looked at the early stuff before I had to go to work.

My feelings have changed. If Dunn was mafia I feel like he would have dropped this "hey look how into this game I am" (I'm really trying to explain this as best I can) tone after being called out on it by 3 people. I'm curious about how he's actually going to push this "case" on me.

I don't think that is a good reason to think that Dunnstral is town-aligned. If I was using that metric to read Dunnstral I would invert it and call him scum-aligned for it, but I think the best thing to do is ignore it.

I think you are focusing excessively on this non-alignment-indicative aspect of Dunnstral's play because you are scum-aligned and your attempts to read players are fake.

VOTE: Bins
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 198, iraonavp wrote:
I don't think that is a good reason to think that Dunnstral is town-aligned. If I was using that metric to read Dunnstral I would invert it and call him scum-aligned for it, but I think the best thing to do is ignore it.

Huh? Why would I be scum-aligned and why would you be ignoring that?

In post 198, iraonavp wrote:
I think you are focusing excessively on this non-alignment-indicative aspect of Dunnstral's play because you are scum-aligned and your attempts to read players are fake.

VOTE: Bins

:shifty: Something about this seems off to me, I think it's the fact that you voted keyser when I said I had a feeling he was maf earlier and are now following me again

Can be coincidence but it seems weird since you also seem to be focused on me for some reason

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”