Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (isolation #200) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

dunno.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (isolation #201) » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:34 pm

My role PM says I'm town.
I was sent a false-negative message on Hiplop.
Which is insanely good ability because if I was lynched, you guys would probably be treating Hiplop like conf-scum today.
This game was advertised with the line
Furthermore I would like to announce that there will be a Godfather like ability of sorts in this game. As the Godfather is being used less and is starting to border unanticipated mod-lying I wanted to inform my players of its presence so that the Town doesn't loose for a silly reason.

I'm willing to believe that the PM I got sent was this ability.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (isolation #202) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:06 am

Yeah--I'm not saying it was sent to me by hiplop.
I never said it was sent to me by hiplop.
The PM I got said that Hiplop visited Flubber on N2.
I thought it was an amnesiac tracker message. I was planning on just saying it was my own message and trying to draw the kill to me, but once there was a cop-inno on Hiplop, I just claimed the full thing that I got because I thought Hiplop was scum Godfather.
Since it's now clear that he's not scum Godfather, I think the 'Godfather-like ability" that Wgeurts was talking about was the ability to send a false message like that one I got.
I was pushing for a mass-claim yesterday, because then either no one would claim the ability (proving it was a scum-sided ability and Hiplop was likely town) OR that someone would claim amnesiac-tracker who sent me the shot. None of that happened, and now you see how things turned out.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1657 (isolation #203) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 am

Hold the phone. Why is there a Specter Deflectors vote on me when Specter Deflectors was never voting me today at all?
Also, Lane, unvote. I'm not getting lynched until this massclaim is done.

Even then, if you all decide to lynch me, then I guess we lose and it's GG and we hand scum a perfect game.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1658 (isolation #204) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:01 am

In post 1655, Apricity wrote:I don't think the Godfather = fake results either :/ When EAP brought it up the other day I thought he meant like a normal inno cop result on a godfather.

That's what I thought was going on the other day, too.
I thought that your cop was yielding an innocent result on Godfather-Hiplop and that my message was an amnesiac-tracker result following Hiplop to the kill.
With Hiplop's flip, it's clear (to me, at least), that your results was an innocent on Hiplop and my message was a false-negative result.
But apparently that's far too intricate for some people to believe when, literally, that's what we've seen play out.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (isolation #205) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am

It really bugs me that Lane is voting me following the VC with the incorrectly? reflected Specter Deflectors vote.
D:
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (isolation #206) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:17 am

Pls unvote.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1663 (isolation #207) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:33 am

Because seeing that someone is being voted in LYLO and then stacking a vote on them is sketch.

@Zakk: Lol lets throw the game
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1664 (isolation #208) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 am

Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1665 (isolation #209) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:35 am

Waiting for Zakk's scumbuddies to run the train on me here.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (isolation #210) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:05 pm

In post 1666, lane0168 wrote:I just don't see how you got a hiplop visited flubber when hiplop didn't have a visit. Nothing explains that

I'm saying that the ability to send someone a message that says "XXXX PLAYER visited XXX PLAYER" as a lying message is scum-sided.
Jesus.
Also, call for a mislynch harder, Zakk.
"Lol we deserve to lose" is baiting so hard.
Why don't you just call town stupid outright?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1672 (isolation #211) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Lane's voting me and he doesn't even understand what the gamestate is
Zakk's voting me and saying town deserves to lose
it's like
All I wanted was a massclaim
Can we just finish the massclaim
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1674 (isolation #212) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:51 pm

It may just be an anonymous message sent that scum are using to make things look like negative results.
I asked the mod if a different player sent me the message and it was that instead of a mod-sent-message and he gave me 'no comment'.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (isolation #213) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:49 pm

So what was that dig at Apricity at the start of the day, then?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (isolation #214) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:29 am

Given all the protective power claimed, I'm actually pretty certain scum don't want to out themselves with a quick triple-vote to lynch, as failure to kill would result in 6 alive, 4 to lynch with the entire scum team being outed.
So there's that.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (isolation #215) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:42 pm

You guys are getting taken for a cruise.
I don't know why Zakk's buddies haven't hammered me yet, but it's probably to set up for the following day if they don't get a night kill.

With town being capable of having double-voting, scum don't auto-win unless they control majority vote. 3 scum in a 6 player outcome is not a majority vote.
Ayo.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (isolation #216) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:43 pm

But regardless, it's not even a numbers game or any of that shit
:P
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1725 (isolation #217) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Hahaha
VOTE: Zakk
Scum found.
BP claim is just an excuse to not be dead at this point.
Calling out Apricity like that in LYLO is a scum play.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1726 (isolation #218) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:56 pm

inb4 3 scum come in and hammer Zakk immediately

But for real
If he's not hammered outright immediately, it's clearly a numbers game and he must be scum, right? :3
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (isolation #219) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Two can tango, homie.
You've ridden out on all these bad lynches.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1728 (isolation #220) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:57 pm

For what it's worth:
We should probably still massclaim. :/
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (isolation #221) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Call my push flailing and more so you can win
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (isolation #222) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Tilt harder.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (isolation #223) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

I don't play for two short weeks and I come back to see this debacle with Zakariah.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1742 (isolation #224) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:02 am

That was not Varsoon.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (isolation #225) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:07 am

Jumps on and off my wagon like that is a thing and now has the gal to act so certain in LYLO.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1749 (isolation #226) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Apricity, did you still want to mass claim in a certain order?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (isolation #227) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:46 pm

Do you care about flavor?
I'm a lizard/snake progenitor species, iirc.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (isolation #228) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:00 pm

I started off as Vanilla
My first two choices were 1-shot Weak Doctor and 1-shot Reflexive-Roleblocker.
I evolved into Weak Doctor and used it on Night 1 on Specter Deflectors.
I didn't die; they're town.
My second two choices were 1-Shot Hider and 1-shot Rolestopper.
I went with Hider and was planning on posing like I was an investigative so I'd draw the kill.
I was hoping to mutate into Hider earlier and use it as an investigate with my life on the line but we didn't have the numbers for it when I finally evolved.
Naturally, I hid behind Specter Deflectors on Night 4.
My next evolution is another 1-Shot of Hider or I can go with 1-Shot Bulletproof.
If I evolve today, I'm going with Bulletproof.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (isolation #229) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I was originally Westlothiana lizziae, which is, like, an oldschool lizard.
Upon taking the Weak Doc shot, Tetrapodophis amplectus which was an oldschool snake adapted to living underground with cute little arms and legs.
The hider shot made me Najash rionegrina, which is a burrowing snake. Pretty fitting, I guess.

I crumbed my choice to doc shot on Specter, but people told me that my other crumbs were shitty so, /shrugs.
I think it's post 597.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (isolation #230) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:15 am

@lane: Maybe I'm just thinking of my games? Since Wgeurts was using my first post/rules layout, I figured that he'd be emulating that aspect as well, but you are right and that may not be the case. In my scum role PMs I always write the scum win if they control a majority vote or nothing can stop that from happening, but due to the nature of evolutions in this game, a 3-3 split could still result in a town win if enough town evolve on a no-lynch wagon and roll into extra votes, killing abilities, etc. Regardless, I do think most mods would go with equal numbers = scum win, so it's probably safe to err on that side and assume we're in LYLO right now--this is the assumption I've been operating on for most this phase anyway, but without a scumflip we can't know for sure.

@SpecterDeflectors: Oh, because if I used Hider as an Investigate last night and I died, then, numbers-wise, I think the game would be over today?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (isolation #231) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Oh jeeze I'm both impressed and sorry for pulling that off.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (isolation #232) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Those puppies are adorable.

But yeah, we took advantage of the 7 day deadlines to force a bunch of bad lynches for town.
Furthermore, I was pushing for the massclaim so hard at the end so that I could buy time and stall out.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (isolation #233) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:22 pm

@Hiplop: Part of being good as scum means redirecting poor town play to implode on town.

@Apricity: I do agree that I played very tunnel-hard against Anti. I'm sorry if there's any hurt feelings or bad blood there. I was solely trying to pull a win for my team and I didn't mean for things to escalate beyond the scope of the game/be taken personally.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (isolation #234) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Like, Hiplop, that's scum 101; You kill the strong players who are on top of figuring things out and you leave around the townies that are going to lynch each other, then you direct the mislynches.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (isolation #235) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Yeah, we really spent early days seeing how much inactivity we could skirt by with. It quickly became obvious that Heat could just lurk every single day out so long as someone else was making noise in the main thread.

I do agree that town made a lot of bad decisions. Those last few days, I sowed enough doubt that I still think a lynch on me in LYLO or the day before wouldn't lead to an auto-win for town. There were a lot of times I was sincerely worried that we'd be thrashed and there was a lot of maneuvering done on my part. I think the scum chat thread will be reflective of that when it gets made public.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (isolation #236) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:31 pm

I think that Apricity, Hellhound, and Hiplop all played real strong here.
That said, Hiplop and Hellhound getting too flustered cost them town cred among critical players and swing-voters.
Specter Deflectors was really on-point a lot of the time but got thrown for the gambit I threw down, despite it being a really, really dumb gambit.
"Why would Varsoon force himself into a 1v1 with a lie about a claim that buys him a town lynch and gives him some survivability?"
The question answers itself, I feel
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (isolation #237) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 pm

I think that, given time to think about everything, town would've made better decisions. Again, that creeping deadline forced hands a lot of the time.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (isolation #238) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Yeah, sorry for any ill-intent you got from him. I mostly read his posts as discrediting--which is important to do against a strong town player so other people will put less stock in that player's reads.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (isolation #239) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:59 pm

In post 1802, Antihero wrote:
In post 1794, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:@Apricity: I do agree that I played very tunnel-hard against Anti. I'm sorry if there's any hurt feelings or bad blood there. I was solely trying to pull a win for my team and I didn't mean for things to escalate beyond the scope of the game/be taken personally.
there's a pretty big difference between keeping things within the scope of the game and being toxic and making the game miserable to the point of being unplayable

like this:
In post 1210, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Hellhound links post after post of himself not building a case against this hydra and just saying "c'mon lynch him" and thinks that means he fought to have me lynched. I don't even know what homie is doing, really.

That dog don't hunt.

That dog don't hunt. (Explaining the joke for Anti's sake: your hydra is name Hell
hound
and you never actually scum hunt.)
-!V, btw.

P.S. Fucking Varsoon swooping in right when I caught up.
i could pull more stuff from twilight zone, but i think you already know what i'm talking about.
!V reporting in to be a sore winner, resting on the victory of his hydra-mate.

I feel like I said meaner stuff than that. -w-

You quoted me criticizing your play specifically. You gotta at least take that as fair game, man.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”