Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4300 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by vonflare »

I'm toying with this idea:

YOU mafia!

A game where the role is based off of the player!

Requirements:
cannot be an alt/hydra
Must be a member for at least 15 months

I design flavour and abilities based on your exploits as a scummer!
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4302 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:25 am

Post by vonflare »

Hmmmm maybe the month restriction is a little harsh
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4304 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:34 am

Post by vonflare »

Yeah

and 15 months is tooooo long IMO

maybe 6 months...?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4305 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:29 am

Post by vonflare »

You know what I'm going to run it. When I am done running my current game and then another one that I said I would run.

I am not accepting pre-ins at this time tho.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4307 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:30 am

Post by vonflare »

It will be a mini theme
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4309 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:33 am

Post by vonflare »

When I do run it, a few days before signups I will pm people who would really fit into the game and would be fun to design flavor around (cooldog, plotinus, etc) and invite them if they want to play.

then the remaining slots can be filled by /ins

I don't know if I need special permissions to run an invitational game or something, I'll do some research.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4313 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:34 am

Post by vonflare »

I promise I will mod it eventually.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4321 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4300, vonflare wrote:I'm toying with this idea:

YOU mafia!

A game where the role is based off of the player!

Requirements:
cannot be an alt/hydra
Must be a member for at least 15 months

I design flavour and abilities based on your exploits as a scummer!

I'm going to start sending out invitations for this, so I have time to read through people's egosearch/read their gtkas/have time to design their roles
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4322 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:24 am

Post by vonflare »

The first wave of invitations are sent:

Plotinus x wgeurts x
CooLDoG x Ythan x
Titus x shos x
MarioManiac4 x mastin2 x
StrangerCoug x inte x
SleepyKrew x lalaladucks x
Ether x
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4323 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 am

Post by vonflare »

next wave of invitations will be, in order:
ika
reck
cuddlycaucasian
notscience
deasvail
etc...

also if any mods want to play, PM me. I didn't think it was appropriate to invite mods.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4368 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4367, shaddowez wrote:I had an idea to do something a little different with them as well, but yes - I'm talking about more of a Cthulu game sanity mechanic. Something where your sanity level can change and different things can happen.

sounds interesting
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4373 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4371, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 4365, shaddowez wrote:Have any games been done with a sanity mechanic? I'm toying around with something in my head, but not sure how well it would pan out.

Yes. There was a game where players lost sanity as a result of various actions, and each missing sanity point placed a restriction on that player. IIRC it was pretty well done. Unfortunately, it was a Large Theme from ages ago so I'm not sure if I could easily find it; I'll look for it but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll find it.

EDIT: Found it. As it's numbered 3, I assume it had a couple of prequels too.

I just read the rules for that game and it looks freaking AWESOME
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4376 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4375, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 4373, vonflare wrote:I just read the rules for that game and it looks freaking AWESOME

Arguably it was, but town managed to break it. So the rules would need some modification for future use. (In particular, players were forced to demonstrate that they didn't have any unclaimed Insanities every day via doing things that would violate them, which was both a lot of faffing around and make the mechanic hard to use. As such, the list would need to be modified to be less observable.)

EDIT: Another problem is that if you look at the setup through a really complex, distorted lens, it looks like a Texas Justice variant (after all, every townie has the potential to vig…) This makes it semi-broken for much the same reasons.

I think I'll take that up as a project. design a nonbroken version of that game.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4378 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 4377, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 4376, vonflare wrote:I think I'll take that up as a project. design a nonbroken version of that game.

I've had thoughts along those lines too. Willing to let me help codesign?

haha sure man
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4523 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4522, eagerSnake wrote:A game with no time restraints, scum can't kill, rather, townies die randomly over time.

Apocalypse mafia.

You could even make it nightless, all play happens on day 1. Town must lynch the scum before they all die, lynches don't end days.

Also toying around with the idea of a "note-passing" mechanic, where players can pass notes (messages, through the moderator) at any time during the day, however everyone "sees" the note being passed. (Moderator posts on game thread "Xxx passed a note to Yyy.") (Because in real life, people may see the note being passed.) Or a "whisper" mechanic (same thing)

Could even go further with that one by making players "sit" next to each other, and they can only pass notes to who they're sitting next to, and that player can pass it on (or not) to the next one.

I like the idea of giving people choices as well, example "Xxx passed you a note intended for yyy. Would you like to
A) Read the note
B) Pass the note
C) Destroy the note
D) Publicly reveal the note"

Etc

If balanced properly, I think this could be really cool
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4545 (isolation #15) » Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 am

Post by vonflare »

Return to “Mafia Discussion”