I Don't Like a Lot of the Guides

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:44 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 6, Killthestory wrote:
In post 5, itlepip wrote:Guides provide a good framework for players to deviate from while simultaneously giving tells that are decent on newbies and are at least a start on better players. Trust me if you don't have any tells a). You can't ever read anything b). You flake out because you can't actually scumhunt. Which has happened to me when I reject too many of what I view as scummy at a time. Your idea of a guide is just to achieve whatever ideal you like the most rather than to help new players get a decent grasp of the game. Also some of the advice is really useful, like a miller claiming as such after they get investigated is such bad EV that even if it is 'linear thinking' its bad.

Man, you misinterpreted everything I said so perfectly, wow.

My idea of a guide is to facilitate a new player into a proper playstyle that compliments them, and their personality.
It is not to direct them into a playstyle most commonly used.
The fact of the matter is that these guides are leading them too much into a generic townie playstyle when everyone's different in how they play. There is no right and wrong with playstyles as long as you are actively giving out your opinions.

Also I love the passive aggressiveness. Fuck off my dick if you can't say shit up front

I think he did say what he meant to say. I don't read this as passive aggressive. On the other hand, I see your response as ridiculously defensive.

So here's the thing. You don't like the guides that are out there? Write one of your own. This thread isn't very persuasive.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:13 am

Post by zoraster »

If some playstyles win more than others, isn't that a pretty good sign that they're better?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 am

Post by zoraster »

No? The goal of the game is to win the game, not really to "be yourself" except in the context of how that helps you win. This is a game based on subterfuge. Pretending is a pretty large part of how it works.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”