Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 77, knightmare wrote:her trying to say I could be scum sheeping a partner in Smith is a gigantic leap in logic for that stage of the game.

This part.
You asked me to show you the scum motivation behind your actions, i went and showed every possible scum reason and town reason i could think of, and showed why the town reasons werent possible, yet you spun it around as it being the sole reason i was pushing you.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by knightmare »

Having to think hard to figure out a motive is more or less what I meant about reaching. You had to
really think
as to how it could be scummy for me to do so, and even then you came up with two reasons that weren't very strong.

I think I have stated from the get-go that your reason to push me was bad, and I'll continue to reiterate even now considering I realize that apparently the issue wasn't that I sheep'd Smith's vote (which I did for reactions, thus answering you in such a way since I assumed that was what you were talking about) but because I made a second RVS vote. So no, I don't feel I've misrepped you. The reaching point was just another in which I was proving your case was bad.

All that said, I'm over it. I don't really think you are scum at this point, but I think you need to be a little more critical in how you interpret a player's actions.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 100, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 77, knightmare wrote:
her trying to say I could be scum sheeping a partner in Smith
is a gigantic leap in logic for that stage of the game.

This part.
You asked me to show you the scum motivation behind your actions, i went and showed every possible scum reason and town reason i could think of, and showed why the town reasons werent possible, yet you spun it around as it being the sole reason i was pushing you.

@knight: I don't recall her saying or implying that you were my partner. Is it your understanding that sheeping means partners?
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 102, mhsmith0 wrote:@knight: I don't recall her saying or implying that you were my partner. Is it your understanding that sheeping means partners?

Right here.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I said it when i was mentioning possible reasons for scum to do what he did on
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@knight:
I could've easily missed your question directed at me the way you typed it inside the quote :wink:

It simply means I'm getting early reads and sorting people out accordingly, and I need Sayaka to talk more with someone other than you to get a better read on them. I could also get on lowell seeing as both votes there are town leans for me.

N.B. All my reads are PRELIMINARY. This means they're temporary and subject to change at any given moment according to new posts.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by knightmare »

@Almost50 Idk why it embedded my question into the quote itself, when I typed it originally it was outside of it. But... *shrug*

And okay, fair enough regarding the other stuff. We will see.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

VoteCount 1.2

With 13 players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

Sayaka Maizono (2):
chilledtea, Almost50
Almost50 (0):

Sakura Hana (0):

Lowell (2):
Garmr, knightmare
mhsmith0 (0):

texcat (0):

Garmr (0):

Boonskiies (1):
texcat
Madonna (0):

Goodlordwill (1):
mhsmith0
knightmare (3):
Boonskiies, Sayaka Maizono, Lowell
chilledtea (0):

Expedience (0):

Not Voting (4):
Madonna, Goodlordwill, Expedience, Sakura Hana

The deadline is in
(expired on 2016-03-30 06:00:00)
Last edited by FA_Q2 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 104, Sakura Hana wrote:I said it when i was mentioning possible reasons for scum to do what he did on

nevermind missed it :oops:
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

@Mod: you missed my unvote in

That being said i'll just do it again in case i did it wrong
UNVOTE:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Expedience »

VOTE: Sakura Hana
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by knightmare »

@Smith - thoughts on anything else? Anything that has stood out to you, good or bad?

Looking at my wagon there is already a decent chance scum is on it. I feel like as much as I've been discussed at this point there's no way they don't bite at the chance to wagon me.

Figure out who it is.

My bet is between Lowell/Boon.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Funny to see naked votes from the person that hates naked votes and gut reads.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@knight: This is my first time doing RVS so... I don't know? It does seem that you've been taking this surprisingly seriously, so I wonder if you're a bit too defensive.

But frankly, my scum hunting approach is to try and figure out sincerity, try and figure out who's fake scum hunting, etc. I find it difficult to parse out the BS that's town trying reaction testing and messing with people form the BS that's alignment indicative.

PS Why do you think there's scum on your wagon? Why not just a bunch of townies that thought it'd be fun/interesting/productive to build a quick wagon and see what happens? Do you think that the wagon was a serious attempt to kill you and bring D1 to a quick close?

PPS Did you notice that the only person who hasn't posted since the confirms went in was the scum I caught? Why abandon such a clear winning wagon?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 113, mhsmith0 wrote:PPS Did you notice that the only person who hasn't posted since the confirms went in was the scum I caught? Why abandon such a clear winning wagon?

Red Flag here, the game hasn't been open for 24 hours, what's the correlation between time of posting and scumminess?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Inb4 there was some sarcasm/joke in there and i missed it.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by knightmare »

In post 113, mhsmith0 wrote:@knight: This is my first time doing RVS so... I don't know? It does seem that you've been taking this surprisingly seriously, so I wonder if you're a bit too defensive.

But frankly, my scum hunting approach is to try and figure out sincerity, try and figure out who's fake scum hunting, etc. I find it difficult to parse out the BS that's town trying reaction testing and messing with people form the BS that's alignment indicative.

PS Why do you think there's scum on your wagon? Why not just a bunch of townies that thought it'd be fun/interesting/productive to build a quick wagon and see what happens? Do you think that the wagon was a serious attempt to kill you and bring D1 to a quick close?

PPS Did you notice that the only person who hasn't posted since the confirms went in was the scum I caught? Why abandon such a clear winning wagon?

Why is it surprising for someone to be serious? I play these games because they're fun but I also like to win them.

PS: Based purely from a mathematical standpoint, it's already likely that there's scum on my wagon. Any random populace in the game of 4 or more players
should
produce at least one scum. I was up to L-2 at one point. Your question is a good one to ask though. The difference is in how I have been cased. Do you get the vibe that anyone who was wagoning me is doing it just for kicks? Or am I legitimately getting pushed as a serious scum candidate? When it's the latter, knowing my alignment, I now have to discern who is genuine and who is just trying to kill me because they need the mislynch. Can everyone who voted me be all town? Yes, but I strongly doubt it.

PPS: I lol'd at this, good one. :D Tbh, I haven't noticed though - but I will be giving players their due diligence as they come in though. Expedience/Madonna seem to be the next two up.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 114, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 113, mhsmith0 wrote:PPS Did you notice that the only person who hasn't posted since the confirms went in was the scum I caught? Why abandon such a clear winning wagon?

Red Flag here, the game hasn't been open for 24 hours, what's the correlation between time of posting and scumminess?

:facepalm:

/ninja'd: yeah you missed it

/double ninja'd: Partially jokey, partially because I wanted to see what knight would say. Possibly that was a bit too obvious of bait for him to say something stupid over.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 116, knightmare wrote:PS: Based purely from a mathematical standpoint, it's already likely that there's scum on my wagon. Any random populace in the game of 4 or more players should produce at least one scum. I was up to L-2 at one point. Your question is a good one to ask though. The difference is in how I have been cased. Do you get the vibe that anyone who was wagoning me is doing it just for kicks? Or am I legitimately getting pushed as a serious scum candidate? When it's the latter, knowing my alignment, I now have to discern who is genuine and who is just trying to kill me because they need the mislynch. Can everyone who voted me be all town? Yes, but I strongly doubt it.

What I'm getting from this post is that you honestly thought (or at least heavily suspected) that it was a serious attempt to kill you. What in that stream of votes made you think that? The L-2 vote in particular was such flagrant bullshit that even I picked up on it.
Goodlordwill
Goodlordwill
Townie
Goodlordwill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Goodlordwill »

Ok I am here
Goodlordwill
Goodlordwill
Townie
Goodlordwill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Goodlordwill »

In post 45, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 43, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 40, knightmare wrote:
In post 36, Boonskiies wrote:Alright, but actually. Way too defensive already. It's page 2. Hot damn.

Defensiveness isn't a scum tell.

Townies and scum don't want to get lynched either way. I'm gonna call out bad reasons regardless. This counts as one.

My understanding was the defensiveness WAS a scum tell. Not a "only scum do it" thing but something that leans scum more than town. Am I off base here? Admitted newbie (this is my third game and first participating in RVS) so maybe my theory background is weaker than I thought, so please do correct me if I'm mistaken.

You are correct. I actually do believe defensiveness leans more scum. Especially if scum thinks they are caught and shouldn't be.

Like, it depends how it's said. Page one: "here is why you are wrong" probably fine. "OMG this case sucks please don't lynch me" looks like scum because they are getting far too worried. Knight's post looked a little too worried to me.

Don't take this as final, I have skimmed two pages.
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by knightmare »

mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 116, knightmare wrote:PS: Based purely from a mathematical standpoint, it's already likely that there's scum on my wagon. Any random populace in the game of 4 or more players should produce at least one scum. I was up to L-2 at one point. Your question is a good one to ask though. The difference is in how I have been cased. Do you get the vibe that anyone who was wagoning me is doing it just for kicks? Or am I legitimately getting pushed as a serious scum candidate? When it's the latter, knowing my alignment, I now have to discern who is genuine and who is just trying to kill me because they need the mislynch. Can everyone who voted me be all town? Yes, but I strongly doubt it.

What I'm getting from this post is that you honestly thought (or at least heavily suspected) that it was a serious attempt to kill you. What in that stream of votes made you think that? The L-2 vote in particular was such flagrant bullshit that even I picked up on it.

The fact I got to L-2 alone is troubling for me. Perhaps it's a cultural difference from where I come from and here, but I am not used to wagons being formed for amusement. If you're asking what votes in particular I find the most suspect? Boon and Lowell, as I've stated already.

And I also don't think anyone's vote on me was not serious, minus Almost50. Do you disagree?

I'm not saying I would've been lynched within the first 24 hours of the game - but taking into context the discussion from today - I don't think it's unreasonable to say that I was/am a legit lynch candidate.
Goodlordwill
Goodlordwill
Townie
Goodlordwill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Goodlordwill »

K, read (well, skimmed) everything, and every part of my gut and brain is screaming that knight is town. I will defend him not to the death, but at least to the slight inconvenience!

He should really stop posting huge walls trying to defend himself though.
Goodlordwill
Goodlordwill
Townie
Goodlordwill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Goodlordwill »

In post 57, Lowell wrote:Oh hey knight is scum. Good find, whoever started this. Early wagons rule. BLOOD!

VOTE: knight

I do not believe this is alignment indicative.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 112, Sakura Hana wrote:Funny to see naked votes from the person that hates naked votes and gut reads.

These posts made me thing that you were scum:
In post 39, Sakura Hana wrote:All these people sheeping me are giving me the chills however...

In post 72, Sakura Hana wrote:P-Edit:
Unvote

Ok there's something very wrong with my wagon getting traction so easily.

Your explanation for your unvote is not believable to me.

It seems like you're just turning the tables on everyone who agreed with your (bad) accusation of knightmare, so that you always remain on top.

I also think that is reachy. So if you show me that you were doing RVS things in , I'll unvote you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”