Post by wgeurts »

MINI 1776: EVOLUTION MAFIA

GAME STATUS:
GAME OVER

VICTOR:
MAFIA

EXTANT SPECIES (ALIVE):
Spoiler:
Edgar Allan Pro (Hydra of Varsoon & I_Am_Not_Varsoon)
Heat •
lane0168
Specter Deflectors (Hydra of Errantparabola & MaxwellPuckett) •
Persivul •
zakk •
(
shaddowez
)

Bold
: Confirmed
Striked
: Replaced
: Prod

EXTINCT SPECIES (DEAD):
Spoiler:
Shiro,
Cynognathus crateronotus (Vanilla Townie)
was lynched Day 1.
Iecerint,
Gerobatrachus hottoni (Town Miller)
was killed Night 1.
SirCakez,
Charmander (Town 1-Shot Redirector)
was lynched Day 2.
Flubbernugget,
Vegavis iaai (Town 1-Shot Role-Cop & 1-Shot Amnesiac-Tracker)
was killed Night 2.
hiplop,
Beiyanerpeton jianpingensis (Town 1-Shot Bomb & 1-Shot Absorber)
was lynched Day 4.
Firebringer,
Proconsul africanus (Town Doublevoter)
was killed Night 4.
Apricity,
Necrosaurus cayluxensis (Town 1-Shot Cop-Inventor & 1-Shot Loved-Inventor)
was killed Night 5.

WIPED OUT BY A METEOR (MODKILLED):
Spoiler:
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
Last edited by wgeurts on Sun May 08, 2016 8:28 am, edited 33 times in total.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:47 am

Post by wgeurts »

GAME RULES

Stolen from Varsoon.

SPECIAL MECHANICS:

Spoiler: MUTATIONS
Each Night all players that were part of the wagon that lead to a lynch the Day before will be given the chance to mutate one of two possible new abilities. In your role PM you can see the two options you would be able to pick between in the case you ever mutate. mutated abilities may be used the Night they are gained but don't have to be. In the case a lynch wagon isn't achieved and the deadline passes all players on the wagon with the most on it will mutate. If that is a tie, the wagon that arose first takes priority. No lynches count as a player for purposes involving mutation.

At the start of each Day I'll send everyone who mutated an updated role PM containing all gained abilities as well as two new abilities that can be picked between if you mutate again. This is just for flavour and your ease of tracking what abilities you currently have and can gain. In total each player can mutate a maximum of three times.

Also for clarification regarding X-Shot abilities; if you mutate an X-Shot ability the same as one you already have you gain another shot of that ability.

Spoiler: ANTIMUTAGENS
Each Day players may also vote to give another player an antimutagen besides the regular lynch-votes. This is done through posting "
Antimutagen: -Player-
" or "
AM: -Player-
". The mod will keep track of all votes in the votecounts, and the player who has the most votes on him at the end of a Day is prevented from mutating the next Day. This means that if they were a member of the lynch-wagon the same day they received the antimutagen they may still mutate, the Day afterwards however they will not. In the case of a tie the player who was voted first takes priority.

GENERAL RULES:

Spoiler:
This game will start with a Day phase.
As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity. Also, players may request a prod on another player after 48 hours. Any player may be replaced if they fail to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded by me or within 48 hours of being prodded after a player-suggested prod. If the game turns to night before you can respond to your prod, PM me letting me know you still want to play.
No prods will be issued during Night.
A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
You may not quote private topic or other out-of-game discussion (such as Hydra chats) in the public game thread, regardless of if the quotes are real or fabricated. Paraphrasing is acceptable.
There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings and approved QTs. If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to me immediately.

DURING THE DAY:

Spoiler:
Each Day will have a one-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
If the deadline runs out before a majority lynch is agreed on, the day will end in a no-lynch.
Players may vote for a No-Lynch via voting for 'No Lynch'.
Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
Votes should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g.
Vote: -Player-
or VOTE: -Player-).
Vote revocations should be bolded or tagged or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: UNVOTE: -Player- or
Unvote
). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
Votes/Unvotes must be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.
Vote counts will be posted as often as possible. Other announcements and requested vote counts will receive their own post.

DURING THE NIGHT:

Spoiler:
Night will have a 48-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
If you expect not to be here to submit your night action during the night, you may send one in in advance.
Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

MISCELLANEOUS:

Spoiler:
Please bold all requests to myself so that they don’t get missed.
Do not use this hideous shade of green (#80BF80). This is my color. All other colors are fine.

No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
If you do not understand how your role functions, feel free to PM me.
If you want to chat about delicious pizza and great vidcons, you can PM me about that, too.
I may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
- Just know, it's all about intention. If you genuinely mess up, I'll try to cut you some slack. If I determine you're trying to compromise the integrity of the game though, you won't be too happy with the punishment.
Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.
I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time, so long as I inform you in thread.

THE GOLDEN RULE:

Spoiler:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!
I created Evolution Mafia to bring people together, but ultimately, to have fun time on site.
Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other! Be cool.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:05 am

Post by wgeurts »

Sending out all the Role PM's, I will start the game once 9 players have confirmed. Those that don't pick up their role PM will be replaced after one day after game start.

9 players have confirmed!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:39 am

Post by wgeurts »

There is nothing as beautiful yet so cruel as nature itself. We live our lives daily, only ever occasionally pondering this fact. It isn't unlikely that you've read or heard of some devastating disaster before; abominations of nature such as earthquakes that level thriving metropolises, or freak hurricanes tearing through man's works; taking back what nature once lent him. These are but a shadow of the bigger picture. The reality is that all life, including us, is locked in an everlasting war that isn't limited to the occasional horror. Existence itself is an arms race like no other, an eternal struggle without victor, a fate that is promised to all. All species are plunged in to this ruthless frenzy whether they want it or not. To live, to thrive, to overcome; that is nature's command. We sit here and deem ourselves significant where as reality tells us that just like all the generations before us; we shall eventually be felled by time's blade. All we have ever loved and created will one day be reclaimed by nature's forces. And when we come crawling before mother nature, desperate and stripped of all that we thought made us human, she won't blink an eye nor shed a tear. She will watch as the last of our kind takes his final breath. For there is no mercy in our universe. Immortality is but a delusion...

Yet there is queer and peculiar beauty to be found in this grim truth; for every species that falls, others rise to take their place. The abundance of life we witness and adore today is but a fraction of what there has been and what there will be. We already stand perplexed at the life we know now, how much more awesome should it then be once we look past the present and into the future? Each form life takes is like a flower, taking bloom for all to appreciate. Our universe is a garden, and time is its cunning gardener. One day we shall bite the dust we once rose from and the petals of humanity will wilt, but on that day we may take comfort in the fact that we will be succeeded by something greater. We should appreciate the time we roam the lands, tending to what nature has generously lent us and enjoying the fruits she provides.

I hope that this game will capture a glimpse of this all. Each day you will select someone to wipe out, much like natural selection plays its role. Some of you will end up adapting and evolving over time, thus gaining qualities and skills that will advantage you over others. Yet for some of you the competition will just become too much and you shall join those that fell before you. Honestly it is funny how well suited mafia is for this theme.

Whatever your fate may end up being; I hope you enjoy my game.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:41 am

Post by wgeurts »

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved."
-Charles Darwin,
On the Origins of Species

VOTECOUNT 1.0

Not Voting (13):
Edgar Allan Pro, hiplop, Hellhound, Heat, SirCakez, lane0168, Shiro, Specter Deflectors, Apricity, Iecerint, Flubbernugget, Persivul, shaddowez

With 13 Votes, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-03-23 16:35:07)

Disclaimer: Not all the evolutionary lines are 100% accurate; instead they are a close representation of what could have happened. I'm not a biologist!
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Hellhound »

VOTE: edgar allen bro
Hydra of Firebringer and AntiHero
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Apricity »

VOTE: Specter

Hi Errant! And someone else idk :P
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Hellhound »

hello person i vaguely remember
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Apricity »

Anti? Maybe it was that Brass and Shrapnel game.
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Hellhound »

yep

also yeah it was whichever of etl's troll setup games
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Apricity »

Yeah that one. Where I was a bomb and got vigged >.>

Why is there both a Varsoon and a I am not Varsoon?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:54 am

Post by shaddowez »

VOTE: Hellhound

Hydras aren't natural and we haven't evolved yet - plus, it's Firebringer.
V/LA on Weekends
Heat
Heat
Mafia Scum
Heat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Heat »

VLA until Friday
YOU ARE AWFUL - DGB
Heat why do you replace into a game and then do jack shit - spiffeh
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: lane

He's gotta be scum sooner or later.

Will be interesting to see if this plays out at usual pace, or if lynches accelerate because people want in on the wagon.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

AM: Hellhound

Aight den, if that's how it's gonna be.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

I actually think we should ensure that town players are always on the wagon, while using our AM vote at L-1 to collectively agree on someone who probably shouldn't evolve.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 12, Heat wrote:
VLA until Friday

Noted.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:02 am

Post by lane0168 »

VOTE: hellhound get me on that wagon son!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 12, Heat wrote:
VLA until Friday

Noted. :twisted:
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 13, Persivul wrote:VOTE: lane

He's gotta be scum sooner or later.

Will be interesting to see if this plays out at usual pace, or if lynches accelerate because people want in on the wagon.

I am. In real life. Now remove that vote or find a severed horse head in your bed!
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Hellhound »

In post 11, shaddowez wrote:VOTE: Hellhound

Hydras aren't natural and we haven't evolved yet - plus, it's Firebringer.

In post 14, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:VOTE: Hellhound
AM: Hellhound

Aight den, if that's how it's gonna be.

In post 17, lane0168 wrote:VOTE: hellhound get me on that wagon son!

The hell part of the hellhound is here to fight off you maggots.

Now where are my souls to collect?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 15, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I actually think we should ensure that town players are always on the wagon, while using our AM vote at L-1 to collectively agree on someone who probably shouldn't evolve.

You seriously think we're going to sit calmly at L-1 while we decide the AM with the mutagen mechanic in play? I don't think so.
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Hellhound »

Persivul, how scum would scum scum if a true scum would scum would?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 am

Post by lane0168 »

I'm not voting Persivul, he's got to be town sooner or later
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 19, lane0168 wrote:I am. In real life. Now remove that vote or find a severed horse head in your bed!

Not liking my lone wagon anyway.
UNVOTE:

Although I wouldn't be averse to the first 7 of us on just lynching Heat and getting powerups :twisted:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”