Mini 1766: SCP Foundation Mafia (GAME OVER)

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:30 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

well, my pronouns are listed underneath my username. but it's cool, because you called me 'madam'.
i'm p sure mafia IS a social game though... even though people have different definitions of that.
i had to google 'pernicious'. it's defined as 'having a harmful effect, especially in a gradual or subtle way'.

so, of the votes on my wagon, Rask's is the best, shos's is scum, and Dream Man's is maybe scum. the worst of it is that shos agreed with Dream Man's analysis of my post without looking at it too closely, whereas Dream Man could have just made an error. the points against me that he made in his large 'case' post.. i'm surprised no one said anything about them. even those who seem to be viewing me as 'probtown' haven't said a word, which i find a bit weird. either you agree or you disagree...
like, one of his points was that i was asking a question about a replacement instead of checking it for myself, which is laziness, not alignment indicative at all, and the fact that he treated it as such hasn't been addressed. yet Dream Man says nothing to Rask, who placed a vote without checking at all (the vote on jmo that was for being Aristocow's replacement, which he wasn't). it looked like he was just scanning the post looking for something to say about it, using the fact that i said i was trying and not just lazily prodging as an excuse to say that my post wasn't good enough.

i've been thinking about it, and Dream Man is either scum, or just really not self-aware. i'm thinking it could be either, but with better candidates in mind i'll lean to him being town. Dream, for someone who fluffs up his posts all the time, i think it's insane that you'd call my posts fluffy, contentless, or anything of the sort. i mean, damn, in you sing off to Eagle like you're writing a letter!

actually, fuck it, i've got time now, i'm gonna go look at the post that Dream Man says 'warrants a vote immediately'.

but in the meantime VOTE: jmo16mla even though shos is better.
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 946, Dream Man wrote:
Therefore, as we can conclude that Scourge's questionable post was not made under the duress of his real-life commitments, and that a deeper analysis of Scourge's post further highlights the underlying motivations that tend to benefit scum moreso than town,

VOTE: A Real Scourge

oh my god i actually started responding point by point but the actual 'points' were so flimsy i stopped wanting to. i think there's a deeper issue here, deeper than Dream Man's 'analysis'.

1) being distracted while making a post shouldn't be an excuse. if anything, you should be more suspicious of a rushed post because it means the person wasn't paying attention, and is more likely to say something they'll regret later. a post made while relaxed is usually more put together than one made in haste.

2) you were looking at every SINGLE line of my post and finding scum motivation. i saw no evidence of trying to figure things out, or even entertaining the thought of why town would say what i did. you just took a line, explained how it
could
be scum, and then portrayed it as being exactly that. that's how scum scumhunts. they don't weigh posts and try to figure things out, they look for targets who they can push as doing something scummy, and they push them, while defending or townreading players who are doing things they consider 'towny'.

your 'deeper analysis' was incredibly surface level.

3) you keep framing me as 'taking advantage of the gamestate', such as with the situation with shos and Mario, but you fail to consider my position. i'm not stupid. at the time of that post, i hadn't been putting out content, and i wanted to get back into the game. subtly throwing shade on someone to increase suspicion toward them, as you suggested i did for shos when i said his confirmation from Eagle was thin as paper, is not something formerly lurking scum would try to do. if i had been an active participant in the discussion, capable of changing the flow of the game, then i might've tried it, but no one was in a position to have to listen to me. i can't pull the strings from the shadows when i'm not even here.[/b]

Spoiler: not game related
4) this is definitely a social game. 100%. logic is a tool, not the only way of winning. it doesn't even need to be right. everything you say is for your agenda, whatever it might be! the point isn't to be logically sound, it's to get people to listen to you, or to not suspect you. people have different strategies for that. faking confidence is something players do as any alignment! being defensive is something a lot of people do, especially newer town or town that just aren't comfortable with being suspected. just because i'm not like that, or you're not like that, doesn't mean other people aren't. this isn't chess, we're not robots, we're all trying to convince each other of our own views and all of us make mistakes.
All hail the king, baby.

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 am

Post by jmo16mla »

ive got two hours to read. woo
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:52 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 708, SnarkySnowman wrote:E&As softclaim feels scummy as fuck

dont see this.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:53 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 713, Elsa and Anna wrote:We are town. fuck off.

ii find your frustration legit.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:56 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 721, shos wrote:Tge three kills make me wonder if this could be multiball? Snarky js indeed most likely a vig kill, no sane scum would waste bullets there.

are you drunk this game or what?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 728, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: Klingoncelt

*twitch* you make me nervous with your voting.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 731, Klingoncelt wrote:Scum = Elsa and Anna, & probably Shos

:facepalm:
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:07 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 735, Klingoncelt wrote:So I'm at L-1?

Nice Scumwagon.

It definitely proves that E&A are Scum. Raskolnikov and Beeboy have proven to be Scum as well, by virtue of their naked votes.

Shos, maybe.

I read that you claimed, so im not calling you scum rn but you seriously sounded like an idiot.

In post 742, Klingoncelt wrote:very high post count strongly suggest 3rd Party.

This is... valid?

A Real Scourge
MarioManiac4

jmo16mla

Elsa and Anna

Extrapolated Eagle
Dream Man
Klingoncelt

Raskolnikov
shos

In post 824, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 822, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 820, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:if the results went to someone random, they can confirm, right? Is the player the results go to chosen out of player slots or is it from players who are alive at the end of the night?

I have a question friends. If someone is killed (as alc was) would this message be sent out anyways? This is important.

I don't have much experience with these mechanics, but if someone could answer this that would be great.

i would have sent it out. why not ask the mod?

In post 834, A Real Scourge wrote:scum will just kill that target if they're town. we can't do that.

so what happens if that target is scum?

In post 835, Elsa and Anna wrote:how is claiming a cop check on a dead person make you guys starting townread her?!

~Elsa

Unvoting=/= townreading..

but what are we supposed to do elsa? continue voting a claimed PR?

In post 837, shos wrote:Also I kinda have eagle confirming I am town so let go of that.

:igmeou:
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:09 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Can I just point out that shos is using his fruit vendor as an excuse for him being town.
I dont see town thinking that.
Whereas I can easily see scum, under heat, trying to find an excuse, doing that.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:10 am

Post by jmo16mla »

stopped there for now.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

I don't like how he's doubtcasting me for 'not doing enough' when I already killed one fucking scum and was pushing on scum for most of D1.
But if I were to vote Shos for being an ignoramus I would be lynching Shos 100% of the time and I don't have quite the same feels as I did in 1750.

I fucking loathe the fact that Jmo is getting away with lurksacking and hoping my pressure goes away so let's clarify this.

you have no reason to claim so early into the game, we are still in the RVS phase.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: beeboy

Srs?

Why wouldn't I want to be conf town o.o

This exchange is just fucking horrible, especially with the context of Kelbris being now confirmed scum. Beeboy's reaction to that shit is awful.
Town!Beeboy should see this as either one of two things: scummy as shit or a mason CC.

Then you'll notice that Kelbris IMMEDIATELY unvotes, then Beeboy starts trying to do a shitwagon on us which diverts attention away from

I think that this was a distancing stunt that went really wrong based on the fact that Beeboy never really pushed back on Kelbris for that shit and immediately tried diverting attention, plus his reactions were frankly just inappropriate and didn't make sense (asking about the mason partner page 1), Kelbris's unvote was a little weird, and because while Beeboy votes Kelbris on our request he does nothing to push it and immediately after voting him says that he'd rather be looking at Klingon if the leading wagons were town. The associatives are just really really bad from that slot.

And also just because of the way he reacts to my reaction to the shitwagon. If he was scum who believed in what he was doing either as a joke or because he's being a salty diva, I'd expect him to either react with 'oh it's just a joke calm your tits' or some sort of 'yeah fuck yourself RC . Instead his reaction was basically all 'oh sorry I didn't mean anything by it, etc, joke.' which doesn't entirely make sense because I think it's pretty fucking predictable that I'd respond in that way to his shit and I don't think him pretending otherwise makes sense. Like he knows how I am and the way he backed off of that gives me a strong impression that it was a tactical maneuver, particularly when you consider the Kelbris scumflip and you've got obvious scum motivation for it.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Radiant, in here posting and had to take a break. Lurk sacking? Really?
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:27 am

Post by jmo16mla »

By the way, I'm not a mason.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

The entire thing was written before you had posted anything today.

Do go on though.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:20 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1058, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 834, A Real Scourge wrote:scum will just kill that target if they're town. we can't do that.

so what happens if that target is scum?

what do you think?
outing cop targets is just generally a bad idea.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:21 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

VOTE: shos
All hail the king, baby.

Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Elsa and Anna »

Why did you unvote Jmo?
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:49 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

i wanna see what he does
All hail the king, baby.

SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Dunno that I read shos scum here. Should Def look into E&A more
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

i think those two could go either way? tbh i'm not sure how people are looking at shos and not seeing scum.

i also want to talk to Eagle tho, i hope he answers my questions when i get back.
All hail the king, baby.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Unofficial
vote count:

A Real Scourge (3): Dream Man, shos, Raskolnikov
shos (3): MarioManiac4, Elsa and Anna, A Real Scourge

Not Voting (3): jmo16mla, Extrapolated Eagle, Klingoncelt

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline: 4 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Both wagons are at L-2.

VOTE: A Real Scourge

A Real Scourge is now at L-1.

Scourge, care to claim?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

essentially, i'm a really vague flavour cop. now, my role is pretty useless unless there are fakeclaims, but there are a lot of pretty weird roles in this game so i'm not taking it to mean there is a 100% chance of there being fakeclaims. especially with how fluid the flavour can be for powers.
i'm the WaffleMaster 3000, SCP 1208. every night i can target a player and make a waffle out of them.

i targeted shos last night, and then after reading on all the pm stuff between him and Eagle, was pretty confused because the waffle i made (which shares the traits of the SCP i made a waffle out of) doesn't fit with dogs, puppies, or any kind of canines.
i made a papery-waffle. i'd bet it tastes awful.
i figure if i couldn't find an SCP that fits, shos probably can't either, so either he'll tell the truth and i just missed it in my search, or something screwy is up.
Last edited by Davsto on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All hail the king, baby.

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

That role sounds AWESOME

shos are you paper-related?