Mini 1766: SCP Foundation Mafia (GAME OVER)

jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:35 am

Post by jmo16mla »

In post 999, Raskolnikov wrote:I forgot this replaced aristo
VOTE: jmo

incorrect.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:39 am

Post by jmo16mla »

kind of a strange vote though. ill look at you later.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

oops
UNVOTE:

Ok I'm goona put in effort today I swear
deranged and incoherent
?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 984, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Klingon tell me in what way the OMGUSing and the panicking you're doing in this game is different from the OMGUSing and panicking in YCBA

I'm doing neither. Why are you lying?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 987, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 985, A Real Scourge wrote:Eagle, i read Saga, and Klingon certainly OMGUSed, but that's apparently normal for her. she also didn't panic, it's more like she retreated and tried to lurk it out.
can you quote her panicking here?

Saga? Was she scum or town there?

How often does she misinterpret/misrepresent people in order to OMGUS them?

I was Scum in SaGa. Early on there was a rushed wagon on me. I wasn't panicked, I was enormously pissed off over it - I had been horrifically sick, and was still sick as I came off a week's V/LA. Within hours of my return I was being voted for having lurked all week! Regardless of alignment, that kind of wagon is pure shit.

The rest of my game was filled with awesome. :lol: Frozen and Itlepip were there.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 988, A Real Scourge wrote:
In post 986, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 985, A Real Scourge wrote:Eagle, i read Saga, and Klingon certainly OMGUSed, but that's apparently normal for her. she also didn't panic, it's more like she retreated and tried to lurk it out.
can you quote her panicking here?

I read OMGUSing as panicking because that seems to be the only reason someone would do that.

Klingon just does it because it's her, as far as i can tell. i'm not certain but she's probably talked about her own meta here?

If not, here's how it's done:

Go to the user's profile and in the lower right, click on
Search user's posts
. Go to the last page and work your way forward.

I will say, don't bother with any of my games between May 1 to October 1. In R/L I had 6 people dead, myself and another nearly dead, a second burglary to deal with, and a shit ton of betrayal. I wasn't exactly on top of my game at that time.

Also, regardless of alignment I tend to Townhunt every bit as much if not more than Scumhunt.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 991, A Real Scourge wrote:can you link it? tho i don't know how reading another scum game will help here.

i just don't think Klingon is lying about her own meta here. you'd know what i meant if you read Saga, but it's such a massive game, i wouldn't have read it at all if i hadn't been casually following it from the beginning! my point is that she did it in Saga because she knew she could get away with it, because it was her meta. Klingon, am i off base here? i wasn't following the game as closely as someone who was playing would have.

That game was so fookin' epic! It should be required reading for all noobs.

I don't know how much it helps to read it on its own... the 4 Adventure threads from Nights 4 & 5 have to be included, as well as the Scum thread...

That could take all day to get through. It's a funny read, though, at least there's that.
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 992, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:My point is that I made a point about her being OMGUSY like she was in YCBA and she blew it out of proportion, misrepresented it as me trying to meta her and then attacked me for trying to meta her. Which I didn't do in the first place.

On top of all this if you read YCBA her actions were all reactionary and not intentional whatsoever.

And it still baffles me that you're trying to defend her town play with her scum game. I'm so confused as to why you're doing that.

Pedit I'm not accusing her of lying about her meta

In YCBA I was bused unnecessarily on Day 1. Had my partners left the wagon it would have dissolved. That was totally demoralizing, and my play showed my sadness and frustration.
-
MiniDeathStar
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Ok not liking pushing Klingon anymore
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by shos »

In post 1008, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Ok not liking pushing Klingon anymore

Klingon is TOWN. Trust me
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Elsa and Anna
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Elsa and Anna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Post by Elsa and Anna »

VOTE: Shos

There a wagon here? there should be.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:48 pm

Post by shos »

Oh noes
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Alrighto.

MM, klingon and E+A are all claimed (though E+A only partially); MM and E+A are near conf town barring some kind of SK, and klingon's claim is fairly convincing as well, though even if it wasn't, it's still worth giving her the night to try to prove it. That leaves 5.

Dream man I'm townreading. He has that somewhat detached style that I can never fully trust a player with, but his actual scumhunting this game has been decent. There's a few minor tells; I think scum are less likely to out the pgo ability that killed their partner, both out of "guilt" and also because as scum it's harmless to them but still has potential to kill town, so it wouldn't make sense to out it as he did. His observations have generally been insightful and pro-town, and although there's no town smoking gun I don't see any reason to suspect he isn't town.

Actually looking at jmo (lol), he hasn't said much. His only notable action is being against the mm wagon who we now know is town, which in isolation would be slightly good, but since literally everyone except for E+A was either on the wagon or okay with it, it would make sense for him to not join a partner on it. After the kelbris flip I looked back at beeboy (who was really mixed) and now that I don't have my replacements mixed up I think the slots probably town from beeboy's near-deadline play, though I still want to see more of jmo.

Now the big three... EE ARS Shos...

EE (W)
I was townreading him from our earlier "exchange", despite disagreeing with literally everything he said. He did switch from kelbris to me near the day's end and wasn't available for the last minute kelbris lynch potential which is some degree of bad. Day 2 was whatever for him, he's floundering and hasn't done much other than mm and didn't change to anyone else after the unvote. Who are his other scumreads and why doesn't he mention them; I thought he scumread me but he hasn't bothered with that since day 1. All that said for whatever reason his posts feel okay (tone?). Of the three I still like him more than the others and if I didn't have POE/claims this wouldn't ordinarily be this far down. His partner possibilities make sense and because of this day 2 I think he's probably scum?

ARS
Ughhh. The actual words and things she says are fine. She can sit here and talk about the game with you and it would be a nice exchange; she makes sense. But her attitude, tone, actions, everything else is just off for me. Looking through the ISO, - looks bad as a kelbris association. I don't like how passive she is her responses, especially "bad form" to aristo's vote on her, the unvote after alc's quote a la faked stream-of-consciousness, though the iraon vote is ok. The followup on iraon really was lacking, and the unvote unconvincing, I had a similar sort of unvote as scum in another game and it doesn't feel right here. She revotes but doesn't really seem to actually care about getting the lynch through; also and I don't like either given kelbris's flip. Day 2 was low activity, was okay with the mm wagon but didn't want him dead (), I now see sho's point on this. Finally today she's pushing for a lynch and it feels like she genuinely wants it done, but since shos is on the other side and losing this 1v1 would probably end ARS's life she doesn't actually get credit for this. As far as tone and trying to read motivation goes, the fact that it feels she's always around but rarely "truly" involved (worse than not being around and rarely involved) and up until now not seriously pushing does point me to her being either scum or less likely, a role like cop that also doesn't feel that motivated to scumhunt; I can see a cop not pushing for anything until they get their guilty. The problem is some posts do read alright to me, and the ars v shos does mean one of them is actually town. With all of that said this is 80% feeling that I can't put into sensible words, really want this lynched.

Shos (F)
This is the complete opposite of ARS. Objectively he's done scummy actions yet his posts feel good to me; it's mostly POE and reason that make me to consider this independently as likely scum, and almost certain if I'm wrong on ARS. ISOing, is exaggeration of something's scumminess which I see more often from scum, but minor either way. / is technically scummy as a shallow vote but because I agree with him I don't actually dislike it. Though he keeps a lot to himself I think he does read rather thoroughly; I assume he actually read part of my exchange with EE and it influenced his read on me and in is asking for EE's answers. Reading thoroughly isn't AI but it seems that he's doing so in a way that he actually is getting his reads from it, even though he isn't obvious in explaining his thought process in thread. Does that make sense? / pushing ARS and retracting in is technically scummy (the implication is he didn't actually have a reason the whole time) but I don't think it actually is because I've felt the same about ARS and that her problem is mostly tone rather than anything definitive as well. kelbris defending is bad, the defending of me here is notable as I was a wagon at the time. At this point the wagons were {ARS, Me, and aristo(now dream), with kelbris not wagoned but heavily scumread}, and he doesn't like Me/kelbris and was unsure on ars, not commenting on aristo. Townreading so many and not committing at the time in isolation is bad but with so many wagons available at the time I also don't know why scum wouldn't go on any of them. I'm not sure how scum would perform a catchup; would they look at the VC and pick targets and then fake scumread those, or would they "naturally" catchup and then vote based on what they faked there? and votes are shallow though again I like the votes themselves. Similar to both EE and ARS he wasn't willing/available to vote kelbris at deadline (despite him liking iraon ), though he's different in that he was townreading him which ee/ars weren't. He asks EE for confirmation and it's a little strange but reads good for him; scum shos+ee would be bizarre for this interaction, town ee vouching for shos is good and verifies the interaction, and honestly I think a role like this is more likely town (similar to FN) unless its part of a 1 shot for another joat-type mafia. Wagon on scourge is good, strong townreading of EE is weird/bad yet consistent with that night action if he's wrong town. Overall I like shos more than ARS even though I don't feel like I have much concrete on ARS while shos does have objectively scummy-ish play. Honestly even though I really shouldn't I think I have a soft spot for him for him sharing a lot of my views this game and his interaction with me would make me feel like I'd let him let him down if hes town and I'm wrong about it. Yeah...

Assuming I'm not wrong about Dream man+beeboy, both scum are probably in here. I think EE-shos would actually be little unlikely from that cute interaction. You can disagree here but I don't know why mafia would defend each other in that specific way, and it would be extremely creative if so. Looking back (), shos was on ARS and ARS on shos; the way these two players have went against each other even today looks to be beyond distancing and bussing your last partner would be suicide in a role madness as well. I want to rule out this combination as well. The problem is ruling out both of these associations with shos doesn't leave much room for him to be scum; if he is scum I'm either wrong about the EE-shos interaction or I'm wrong about one of my other reads (dream man?).

Alternatively, MM could be a mafia JOAT of sorts and have shot snarky with a type of 1-shot ability; I'm not experienced in setups but I think something like this, even if it does give mafia an extra kill one night would be possible a role madness. If I think about it, initially it doesn't make sense to shoot snarky as scum, but if you're going to fakeclaim vig it makes perfect sense, plus his claim looked premature as well. Just something to consider? This also makes sense with his partner being on the wagon (again, literally everyone was on/okwith this wagon) since he would know of this plan and it wouldn't count as a vote for him in the usual sense. The problem again is MM is after shos, and to repeat myself bussing your last partner in a role madness with near-conf towns is insanity. Who could be sho's partner? MM still probably town all this said.

If anyone has a link to a time where this weird (ee-shos) thing was done before from scum as a creative play I'd like to see it; I don't have enough experience to with stuff like this specifically.

tl;dr its ARS vs shos, ARS probably being with EE whereas shos would probably be with a townread I'm wrong on. I guess theoretically it's possible for it to be EE and one of my townreads but this is almost not worth mentioning; if ARS isn't scum then I'm wrong on this side and it's shos after all. ANYWAYS.

VOTE: A Real Scourge

I would also vote EE happily; shos I'd only do on the condition that we get ARS the day after no questions asked if shos turns out to be town. I'd have to see a really good case to consider dream/jmo at this point because I don't personally see any justification for them scum.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Whoops, that's L-1. I didn't check...
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Nvm it's L-2.

I'm tired I just spent like 6 hours reading this thread...
deranged and incoherent
?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:16 am

Rask your reads are literally the opposite of mine.

So. I wanted to hold off on this, but I think it's come to it.

Who do you plan to visit tonight?
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Dream Man
Dream Man
Goon
Dream Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Dream Man »

What a pleasant surprise. In the interests of time, I seek your understanding if I do not provide a equivalently detailed commentary on your thesis. I do, however, agree with most of the ideas in general.

However, it is important to take note of one point, and that is the identity of the replacements.
In post 1012, Raskolnikov wrote:aristo(now dream)

It would be prudent to keep in mind that:
Mariomaniac replaced AristoCow.
Myself replaced Holly and Sugar
jmo replaced beeboy.

I agree with your assertion that Eagle, would be more likely to be scum if given a choice between Eagle and shos, for, the latter constantly seeks confirmation but the former, noticeably, is reluctant to give it, or to reciprocate in a similar manner.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

What the fuck?
Role fishing?
deranged and incoherent
?
Dream Man
Dream Man
Goon
Dream Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Dream Man »

I, however, am worried about the speed at which you give jmo a free pass, for, despite my previous statements, jmo still remains a potential suspect.

Despite correctly identifying that jmo had replaced beeboy, there still remains this issue:
In post 1012, Raskolnikov wrote:I don't have my replacements mixed up

Perhaps, given that the issue continues to exist, this could have affected your reads on a holistic level? Certainly a matter worth thinking about.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

That was a typo, I didn't actually have the wrong idea this time. I would have brought up aristo if I thought he was your predecessor since I didn't like him at all, but holly I felt wasn't worth mentioning.
deranged and incoherent
?
Dream Man
Dream Man
Goon
Dream Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Dream Man »

In post 1015, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Rask your reads are literally the opposite of mine.

So. I wanted to hold off on this, but I think it's come to it.

Who do you plan to visit tonight?

Eagle, for the pleasure of the rest of us, could you elaborate on your reads, and how they are different from those of Rask?

Insofar I have only managed to identify your now-defunct scumread on Klingon, for what seems to be incorrect reasons, and a mild scumread on Scourge hundreds of posts ago, which may have been dated, and even if not so, does not contradict those of Rask's.

Looking forward to your reply,
Dream Man
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:32 am

In post 1017, Raskolnikov wrote:What the fuck?
Role fishing?

Answer the question.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 am

In post 1016, Dream Man wrote:What a pleasant surprise. In the interests of time, I seek your understanding if I do not provide a equivalently detailed commentary on your thesis. I do, however, agree with most of the ideas in general.

However, it is important to take note of one point, and that is the identity of the replacements.

jmo replaced beeboy.

I agree with your assertion that Eagle, would be more likely to be scum if given a choice between Eagle and shos, for, the latter constantly seeks confirmation but the former, noticeably, is reluctant to give it, or to reciprocate in a similar manner.

I've already shared everything as far as shos and the pm is concerned.
"@EE
Dream Man
Dream Man
Goon
Dream Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Dream Man »

In post 1019, Raskolnikov wrote:That was a typo, I didn't actually have the wrong idea this time. I would have brought up aristo if I thought he was your predecessor since I didn't like him at all, but holly I felt wasn't worth mentioning.

MarioManiac had replaced Aristo, and MarioManiac's lackadaisical play, which I had later excused him for as he seemed to have a certain track record of doing so, were the two reasons why there was a wagon on him earlier. However, with the realisation that Scourge could be scum playing on this conflict, by association Mario would be town if Scourge indeed flips scum.
Dream Man
Dream Man
Goon
Dream Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Dream Man »

In post 1022, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 1016, Dream Man wrote:What a pleasant surprise. In the interests of time, I seek your understanding if I do not provide a equivalently detailed commentary on your thesis. I do, however, agree with most of the ideas in general.

jmo replaced beeboy.

I've already shared everything as far as shos and the pm is concerned.

I'm not interested in the contents of shos and his PM, unlike some others. I'm observing how you are put in a position of higher power than shos, being able to confirm or deny his towniness, yet also in less power being tied by an outside-game-influence in the form of 'friendship'.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”