Goon

Mini 1774: Formation of America's Mafiascum - Perfect Town W

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Learned Hand »

[*]
Formation of America's Mafiascum

Mini 1774
Setup: Open with Protests

Welcome to the formation of America's Mafiascum. This is a game modded by both Drixx and myself. We'll be collaborating on flavor. Drixx will provide more of a historical flavor while I'll be flavoring on the modern hallmark cases today. You may request flavor (but not legal advice) at any point. We'll go in order and stick them in the VCs.

Playerlist:

Added later

* = prod
Italics = Confirmed
Replacements will be noted with
Strikethrough

Spoiler: Still Making History (6/13)
Nosferatu
BBmolla
itlepip
Alchemist21
Firebringer
Killthestory
beeboy
Ranger

Spoiler: Frozen in time (dead) (7/13)
Sircakez, Mafia "Goon", lynched D1

Window Attack, Macho Doctor Inventor, killed N1

Shiro, Vanilla Townie, Lynched D2

Klingoncelt, Mafia "Goon", Lynched D3

Suzune, Gun Inventor, Killed N3
Diefire, Vanilla Townie (Hated but later Unhated), Killed N3
Persivul, Vanilla Townie, Lynched D4
Firebringer, Killed N4

itlepip, Killed N4

Spoiler: Forgotten Forever (Mod-killed) (0/13)
Let's have a good game and not go here.

Vote Counts:

Game Events:

Setup and Sample Role PMs:

This is an open setup with a protest mechanic in place.

Through protesting various injustices committed by the British on the American populace during the revolutionary war period, the American populace (read:town) can unlock abilities, remove negative modifiers or block the British Army from inflicting its abuses on the American citizenry. Town will not know what each protest unlocks, removes, or blocks. Scum can get this information through night actions, possibly.

However, you know there is a townie the red coats have made hated, meaning they take one less vote to lynch. This townie is unaware of their hated status. This hated status does NOT expire in lylo. This restriction may be lifted by selecting the matching protest. There also other positive roles unlocked by protests. The townies associated with these protests will not know which protests unlocks their role or what they are.

Certain protests, but not many, are linked to events such as particular townies being alive in the game or the game not being in lylo.
Protests may not be repeated.

Protest votes are submitted to the mod each night. The protest with the most votes (plurality) will be enacted. Scum and town both can, but are not required to vote for the protest. If there's a tie, the tie will be broken by random roll documented in the mod PT. It will be 1dX, where X is the number of players selecting the tying categories. Whatever the result of the die roll matches will be the selected protest. There is no other randomness in the game. If no one votes a protest, no protest will happen.

The effects of a given protest are felt that night, or unlocked the next day, depending on the protest. All protests have some sort of benefit to town.

The red coats know that their abilities may be shut off but not aware of which protests cause that to happen at the start of the game. All scum abilities are factional.If town protests and block a scum ability, the details of that ability will be revealed to the group. Killing a scum does NOT reveal or stop scum abilities. There is one ability that scum will always have access to. This ability will be revealed upon lynching of a scum as normal.

There are no flavor names (as Titus games are NEVER breakable by flavor). Although I don't feel fakeclaims are necessary, I provide them upon request. The sample town PM is available in the scum PT as well as initially in the thread. Historical deviations may happen for fun and balance. Knowing what tar and feathering is, who the female American solider was, or the date of the Boston Tea Party are great to be informed, but utterly useless in this game.

Each player may only take one action in addition to protest voting at night. This includes the scum nightkill.

Sample Role PMs:

#TOWNNAME - Vanilla Townie
A foot soldier in the revolutionary war
Down with the King
It's time to take declare our independence

Your power is your vote.

Day: You may vote to lynch a player as normal.
Night: You may vote to "Protest" a particular abuse done by the king. Please read the rules for more information.

Hidden Potential or Danger

You may be the hated townie or have an ability that is yet to be unlocked.

Credit: Varsoon's Steven Universe Role PM Formatting, who may have gotten it from Mr. Bulge

#SCUMNAME - Mafia "Goon"
A foot soldier in the revolutionary war
Long live the King
It's time to crush the American rebels

Your power is your vote.

Day: You may vote to lynch a player as normal.
Night: You may vote to "Protest" a particular alleged abuse done by the king. Please read the rules for more information.

You have the following factional abilities

[Redacted in the PT].

Upon the death of you or any scum partner, the town will know that your team has access to a [redacted] that cannot be blocked by protest or role action.

Your buddies are [Redacted] and [Redacted]

Credit: Varsoon's Steven Universe Role PM Formatting, who may have gotten it from Mr. Bulge
Last edited by Learned Hand on Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Learned Hand »

• GENERAL RULES
    (Borrowed from various folks. No sense re-inventing the wheel).

1) All sitewide rules apply. Read them here
    2) Please treat this game as a commitment to the other players and to yourself to have fun. Be active and have a great game.
    3) You may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless specifically allowed by your role PM. In such case, a PT will be provided and you may not discuss your game outside the game thread and/or the PT.
    4) Be civil and treat other players with respect--attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but I will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying. There is a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    I prefer to keep my hands off, but if you cross the line, I will not hesitate to take action. Please don't force my hand.

4a.) If there is an ongoing violation of Rule #4, please contact me via PM instead of commenting in thread. I receive PM notifications to my phone and will respond as rapidly as possible.
    5)
    This nice Orange
    and
    It's Bolded Variant
    are Drixx's colors in this game.
    Bolded Pink
    is reserved also to highlight announcements and any changes to deadlines.
    This nice red
    is Titus's color for mod communications. Please do not use these colors (unless you're referencing scum). Any use of these colors to impersonate the mod or anything confusing like that may result in an immediately mod-kill.
    6) Quoting or pretending to quote your role PM, PTs, or private communications with the mod is strictly forbidden. Loose paraphrasing is permitted. If in doubt, check with us first.
    7) Punishment for breaking any of the rules here listed, or exploiting any loopholes may include a private or public warning, force replacement, modkill, or even blacklisting, at my discretion. You have been warned. I'm not a fan of it and I've never had to do it yet as a mod. Please don't be the furst.
    8) If you have any minor questions or spot a vote count error please bold your question or concern in the thread addressing us (@ Mod). I will do my best to ensure things are smooth and there are no mistakes, but don't hesitate to say something if you catch a mistake.
    9) If you have outside information that influences your knowledge of the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or have any reason to believe that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod via PM immediately. The best policy is to be honest and let us handle the problem.
    10) Please also PM me for any other concerns not listed above.

VOTING/LYNCHING MECHANICS

11) For your vote or unvote to be counted, it must be completely bolded, and use the format Vote: PlayerName/Unvote: PlayerName or VOTE: : Playername/UNVOTE: Playername (capital letters and colon optional). Any other variation (such Hammer: PlayerName) will not be counted.

BBC CODES you can use (just type them the same way replacing PlayerName with the player of your choosing:

Code: Select all

[vote]PlayerName[/vote] or [v]PlayerName[/v] 

12) Votes for misspellings or acronyms of players' names (such as VOTE: Playrname or VOTE: PN) are valid as long as I can tell whom you intend to vote for. If I am not sure, I will not count the vote. You are not required to unvote before changing your vote. However, votes that are behind spoiler tags, in small or invisible text, or otherwise concealed are invalid.
    13) You may vote for a No Lynch using the voting parameters listed above.
    14) A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur wen 50% of the votes are cast for that option. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
    15) You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
    16) I will try to post a vote count at least every other page, or every 48 hours (whichever happens first). Vote Counts will be provided by player request as needed.

ACTIVITY AND DAY/NIGHT PHASES.

17) Days will have a deadline of (2) two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances, and will never exceed one (1) week of the total length of the day phase.
    18) Night phases will last for forty eight (48) hours.
    19) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the night deadline until some time after a replacement is found, regardless of whether that slot has a night action.
    20) In order for night actions to be accepted, they must be PMd to the mod or posted in bold in scum PTs before the deadline is up. If multiple actions are submitted, I will use the latest one that was posted or sent prior to the deadline.
    21) Players will be prodded after forty-eight hours without posting. They may also request prods on other players so long that player has not posted for a reasonable amount of time. All prods will be announced in thread.
    22) Players who do not respond to a (non-player-requested) prod within twenty-four hours or need to be prodded too often will be replaced at the discretion of the mod.
    23) If you will be unable to post for over forty-eight hours, inform the mod by PM or in the thread of when you'll be V/LA. Assuming the V/LA period is of reasonable length, you will be exempt from prods during that time. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod.* If you're V/LA will be longer than a week, please seek replacement instead.
    24) You may have one bah post with no game relevant information. After that, you're dead. If you have any game content, the mods will edit your post without consulting.
    25)
    The Scum PT will be shared after the game. The scum team should bear this in mind.

Most importantly: let's have a great game!
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Learned Hand »

Role PMs are going out as soon as possible. I will be sending them in the order Equinox has you in signups. Confirm by PM to Learned Hand. Also please confirm you understand your role and alignment. Game will start when 11/13 confirm.

Drixx is every bit a moderator as me. If I am unavailable, please don't hestatite to call him. I may get to be on a jury March 21st, if so activity may drop but I will still be watching.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

With 11/13 confirmed, the game has begun.

Vote count 1.0

Official Vote Count 1.00

No votes cast.

Not Voting (13): Nosferatu, Window Attack, BBmolla, Alchemist21, Firebringer, Klingoncelt, SirCakez, Suzune, Dierfire, Killthestory, Persivul, Shiro, beeboy

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch (even for the unknowing hated). Day 1 ends on

Available Protests (which are depicted in the intro):

For the Freedom of Assembly, For the Right to Bear Arms, Against the Quartering of Soldiers in Homes, Against Unreasonable Searches and Seizures, Against Taxation Without Representation, For a Fair Trial, For the Freedom of Religion (or from Religion), and the Freedom to Trade With Any Nation Desired

Good luck.

-----------------

Despite rebelling from the British, American law is largely based on British law at the time of the revolution. The founding fathers were largely not legal scholars of the various laws of other countries given they were more focused on running their own properties. Both Britain and America are common law jurisdictions, which generally means that case law builds upon itself. Other countries are statutory countries which rely much less on case law.

The Constitution of the United States built upon these common law frameworks when giving the Supreme Court and other Article III courts the power to interpret the laws. Even then, our Supreme Court being as powerful as it is almost didn't happen. Judicial Review of laws (meaning the Supreme Court's ability to determine if laws are constitutional or not) is not directly stated in the Constitution anywhere.
Last edited by Learned Hand on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Suzune »

VOTE: Kling

Long time since we had a game together
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Dibs on being Benjamin Franklin
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Firebringer
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: Dierfire
Fire is red. Redcoat confirmed.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: Dierfire

What about me?
My name starts with fire!!!
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Firebringer

HOW DARE YOU BBMOLLA! I THOUGHT WE WERE FELLOW SOLDIERS FOR THE BRITISH CROWN!
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Killthestory »

VOTE: SirCakez

ew
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 9, Firebringer wrote:
In post 8, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: Dierfire

What about me?
My name starts with fire!!!

In post 10, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Firebringer

HOW DARE YOU BBMOLLA! I THOUGHT WE WERE FELLOW SOLDIERS FOR THE BRITISH CROWN!

Total scumclaim gaiz.

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Also, I take it we won't see the protest options until the Night Phase?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 12, Alchemist21 wrote:Total scumclaim gaiz.

Sure
VOTE: Fire
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 13, Alchemist21 wrote:Also, I take it we won't see the protest options until the Night Phase?

I apologize for that. They are edited into the VC and are depicted in the picture in post 0. I got a work call and it distracted me from the VC.

You may also submit flavor requests as well. :nod:
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 14, beeboy wrote:
In post 12, Alchemist21 wrote:Total scumclaim gaiz.

Sure
VOTE: Fire

This vote is too vague and will not count.
Show

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 16, Firebringer wrote:This vote is too vague and will not count.

VOTE: bring me some fire right now
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 17, beeboy wrote:
In post 16, Firebringer wrote:This vote is too vague and will not count.

VOTE: bring me some fire right now

Show

Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

Votes for Fire will not be accepted as long as Dierfire and Firebringer are alive, as they are vague.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 5, Suzune wrote:VOTE: Kling

Long time since we had a game together

:D It's great to see you again!!
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Umm...

VOTE: Window Attack

Nice to meet you.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Hey Klingoncelt, want to tag team these Traitorous rebels?
Show

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 22, Firebringer wrote:Hey Klingoncelt, want to tag team these Traitorous rebels?

Sure - no, wait - TOWN is the traitorous rebels, you-you-
Tory
you! :eek:
-
MiniDeathStar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 23, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 22, Firebringer wrote:Hey Klingoncelt, want to tag team these Traitorous rebels?

Sure - no, wait - TOWN is the traitorous rebels, you-you-
Tory
you! :eek:

Just because the mod says so?
WELL, I AM FORMING A NEW REVOLUTION!
The town henceforth are the British.
The scum are the rebel yankees.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”