Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (isolation #200) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:Don't have time for the reread yet. But I am curious about a few things:

3.)
OTM, yesterday you continually 'went' after pete d, but I don't think you actually voted for him; I think distancing from
known
scum is a good deal worse than your "distancing" you are trying to display between gorkcat and I;
Yes, I was stuck on Pete and Gorckat as a scum duo - still am pretty convinced of that, actually. I didn't cast a vote for Pete because I felt Gorckat had incriminated himself more. My only votes were for Dasquian (way back before the mass claim), and then for ssf/string and then Gorckat, once I pegged Pete and Gorck as a connected scum duo.

I switched votes because the gorkcat wagon
was not going anywhere
, and I thought SSF was equally scummy. Feel free to reread that section of Day Two if you don't believe me.
Totally untrue. Pie and I were voting Gorckat. If you had also voted Gorckat, that would have left the final lynch decision up to cpe. The Gorckat wagon was always alive, until you decided to vote SSF.
I'm actually wondering about an OTM / pie pairing; the game makes a good deal of sense that way (
and
it explains OTM's actions at the end of Day Two). After SSF is lynched, OTM wants to make sure the SK does not hit one of his partners; so what does he do? He implores the SK to kill gorkcat.
I can sorta see that, but that's not what is going on. I think Pie and I have simply been on the same page for a while regarding Gorckat's scumminess. I actually thought Pie was the most likely candidate to be the SK, until Dasquian's death.
In addition, that's one of the few pairings where I can understand killing Dasquain. If gorkcat ends up being the SK, they can lynch him Day Three. That leaves them to decide between me and Dasquain as to being the SK. I have not read Dasquain's posts exceedingly closely, but it may be that Dasquain pushed the agenda of a SK being present so much that it tipped off the mafia as to his alignment.
I have a hard time understanding the Dasquian targeting too, but I guess the mafia figured out he was SK, and they knew they had to kill him for the best shot at winning. If he was a townie, they would have been MUCH better to leave him alive, since he had aligned himself with Pete and Gorckat, but they must have been pretty sure he was SK somehow. I'm quite curious about that one and will want to know how they figured it out after we finish this thing.
Basically, there is no reason to have killed Dasquain
unless
the mafia thought he was a SK.
Exactly, if he wasn't the SK, they'd want to leave him alive.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #201) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:
gorkcat wrote:1) Because OTM thinks you are scum. I simply went for the common suspect between us.
FoS: gorkcat

Let's see if anybody can see what
I
see wrong with this statement.
It doesn't feel right to me, but I'm not sure how to explain it. He looks like he knows my alignment is town, for one thing.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #202) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Off the Mark »

PJ - it takes 5 votes to lynch, so SSF was never lynched back then. He had 4 votes, (Dasq, Gorck, Pete, and Me) and you were voting for Gorckat at the time. Once I saw the votecount and analyzed the voting pattern, that's when I unvoted and switched to Gorckat.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (isolation #203) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

PJ wrote:After CPE replaces, I vote in Post 961, on September 17. I had already seen the town's initial reaction to the gorkcat vote (which was to vote SSF), and I was more than willing to vote for gorkcat; I thought both were likely to be scum at the time, whether they were part of the same scum-group or not. This was pretty explicit.
So are you saying you thought SSF was very likely the SK? I thought there was a slight possibility of that, but I thought he was most likely townie. I never saw that you were "more than willing" to vote for gorckat. You seemed to consider it, but when it meant something, you voted SSF.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (isolation #204) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:08 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Heh, Pie's simple analysis actually makes sense to me. I think PJ and Gorck are indeed the last two scum.

PJ - OK, thanks for posting the reference, but I really can't take you at your word at this point. Sure, you
said
you'd be willing to switch your vote back to Gorckat, but you
didn't
so that doesn't mean a whole lot.

PJ - your other post (1036) was indeed a whole bunch of WIFOM. You say you would have had no reason to kill Dasq, but if you or your scumbuddies correctly identified him as SK, then he becomes a very good target, regardless of any other who-is-suspicious-of-who considerations.

So which one should we string up first? I have no preference at this point. I'll be shocked if Pie ends up being scum, as I have gotten good town vibes from him throughout the entire game.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (isolation #205) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think I'd still rather lynch Gorckat today. There is still a slight possibility of Pie and Gorck being the last two scum, but I can't imagine a scum pair that does not include Gorckat.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (isolation #206) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:39 am

Post by Off the Mark »

LOL your last line didn't match the rest of your post
at all
. I know it ain't me, and I still feel better about Pie than I do about PJ. Pie voted you early day 2 and was willing to stick with it to the end.

I think we need to lynch Gorckat - if not for scummy behavior, then purely because of the way Pete consistently defended gorckat. (despite occasionally saying he was suspicious of him, his reactions to my gorckat votes count as a defense in my book) If scum protects you like that, you're probably scum too.

vote: gorckat

I think PJ knows Gorckat is a dead man and he is trying to set himself up for a win on Day 4 by distancing. If the scum pair is Gorckat and Pie, Pie could have been doing the same thing on Day 2, but I don't see any reason for him to think that he needed to, at that point. So I'm still trusting Pie.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (isolation #207) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

gorckat wrote:cpe, that's game if the other scum gets on me :/
Other
scum? CPE is confirmed innocent so now you are acting confident I am scum, eh? That's quite a turnaround from being convinced I am townie after our twilight conversation. But I guess that doesn't suit your strategy anymore, so now you have to pretend I am scum. Quite transparent.

It won't surprise me if your scumbuddy hammers you at this point.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #208) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

gorckat wrote:Fuck it. OTM has to be scum and unless he or cpe pulls back, we're toast.
That doesn't even make sense. Townies who vote wrong are the ones we are worried about here. You are acting like I am scum and I need to pull back, which is mindbogglingly illogical.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #209) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:Well, the solves that. {Pie + gorckat} it is. I have absolutely no preference on which we lynch, but nothing doin' until we hear back from CPE.
Sorry, I don't find that very convincing.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #210) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I find it interesting that you are not ending it, PJ. Pie has no votes, Gorckat is at lynch -1. You said you have no preference. Put your money where your mouth is.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #211) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Off the Mark wrote:Pie has no votes, Gorckat is at lynch -1.
Sorry I meant Pie has no
other
votes (besides yours).
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (isolation #212) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Here's a quick PJ recap:

PJ replaced Nanook who replaced Eletriar.

Eletriar was pretty scummy. Not much content, semi-lurking, seemed to be a follower. Nanook's posting was ok, but his voting pattern was quite scummy. He was an obvious follower who tried to jump on bandwagons once momentum had built. He made the comment that he was convinced Pie was the real doc instead of Dodgy, which made me think he was town, but there's also the possibility that Nanook-scum would think Dodgy could be the SK false-claiming doc. Or he could have made it up (which would be pretty clever, but not impossible).

PJ came in with some decent analysis, although he seemed overly convinced that kilm and I were a scum pair. He voted Gorckat initially, but unvoted when actual pressure started to build on Gorckat, and then voted for SSF to help finish off the lynch (4th vote).

Looking over that, PJ's way scummier than Pie. Pie's only hint of scumminess was that he was pushing heavily for Dodgy and inHim to both claim on Day 1. And it's debatable as to whether or not that's a pro-town move. Besides that, I see no problem whatsoever with Pie's play.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #213) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:Hi. Have you not seen where I am waiting for CPE? Pretty sure I've said that at least twice by now. He's a goner tonight, and he's our confirmed innocent. I'd say ending the day without him giving us the green light is pretty stupid.
How convenient. You think he's changed his mind? He is voting for gorckat you know.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (isolation #214) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

gorckat wrote:
OTM wrote:I find it interesting that you are not ending it, PJ. Pie has no votes, Gorckat is at lynch -1. You said you have no preference. Put your money where your mouth is.
Mustard's getting thick, there, isn't it? I thought townies had to be cautious?
I didn't say he
should
be ending it, I just think he is being hypocritical, and I am calling attention to it.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (isolation #215) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote: It has nothing to do with getting him to change his mind. I'm mostly waiting to see if he'll take a stand on {me v Pie}.
I didn't say anything about "getting him to change his mind". Now why would you assume that? You just slipped up, big time.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #216) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:08 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Read it again. Your take on it has a different meaning than what I originally said.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (isolation #217) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I didn't get a strong feeling either way from Southpaw. I forgot Pie was a replacement, actually, as it happened before I replaced in.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #218) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:I'm mostly waiting to see if he'll take a stand on {me v Pie}.
I have another problem with this:

Why is this important for a townie to know at this point? I can understand why a scum would want to know this (to help him know who to nightkill) but I can't for the life of me figure out why this is important to a townie.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (isolation #219) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:See, when I play mafia, I tend to do this strange thing of reading between the lines. The
tone
of a post is often just as informative as the
surface wording
of the post. Your
tone
adds to the accusatory nature of your post, which is what
I
was responding to.
That's your problem right there. You're assuming too much. Tone is misleading, especially in forums. If you're going to make a leap in interpretation like that, you should clarify. Or say, "If this is what you meant, then blah blah blah...."
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #220) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:Do you have any reason to
not
hear what the confirmed innocent has to say when it costs nothing to do so?
I think CPE has already made his feelings clear. I think you are using his innocent status as a convenient excuse to not vote Gorckat.

Also, I am not saying that you
should
vote without waiting to hear from cpe, I am just saying that I think you are using an excuse which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, for a townie.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (isolation #221) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Bah, go town. Boy do I feel silly.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #222) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

D'oh!!! I knew PJ's long posts were smokescreens, but of course I was helpless to do anything about it. Very nice job, PJ, especially considering you replaced in.

Also sorry to gorckat... I also was really convinced you were scum. In my defense, you
were
voting along with a mafioso and an SK, against a townie, so you can understand... Anyway, if pete d intentionally setup the connection between himself and gorckat back on day 2... dang, that was smooth. Because either way, it would screw us up. If we
had
changed from lynching SSF to lynching gorckat, all hell would have broken loose. SSF or myself would have certainly been lynched and town would be done for.

I would really like to know how scum knew Dasq was the SK. And, for that matter, how Dasq knew to kill Pete D, rather than gorckat.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (isolation #223) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dasquian wrote:I think my days would've been numbered anyway, the mafia would know who I was and either kill me the next night or contribute to getting me lynched :)

It's hard to say who I would've NKed next. As soon as pete d showed up scum, I guessed (assuming a three-person scum party) that gorckat and OTM were the remaining scum. I would almost certainly have been eating humble pie and helping lynch gorckat, and then I would probably have thought OTM was the villain of the piece and NKed him.

The irony is that earlier on, from even a few pages in, I had Eletriar pegged as probable scum, and thought Nanook looked hella scummy too when he replaced in - I should've trusted my gut more.
Man, that would have been fun to see how that worked out. My best guess: Pete D (scum) still dies, of course, then Day3 we lynch gorckat (town) and then Night3 Dasq NK's me (town) and PJ (scum) kills Dasq. So we end up in the exact same spot, right? Day 4 has PJ, Pie and CPE.

Interesante!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”