Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I asked him specifically BECAUSE I expected he would find it very difficult to give a reasonable answer. I need the SK to realize who the scum are tonight - that's my motivation. If you were a townie, you'd be thinking the same way. Can't you see we need to try to influence the SK? Yup, that's more evidence against you, that you're willing to sit back.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Off the Mark wrote:OK that's FIVE times you have refused to answer the question. I'm done trying to squeeze milk out of this turnip. Hopefully it is as obvious to the SK as it is to me that you are scum at this point.
Heh, I think that was supposed to be "blood" that you squeeze from turnips, not milk.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:09 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dasquian wrote:Then he'll readjust them again when more stiffs show up at daybreak, and
then
and only then will he have a chance to talk about what he's thinking, if he's even still alive. Same as the rest of us.

<snip>

Roll on day 3; even twilights drag in this game :(
World's smallest, yippiest dog here:

If the SK chooses to kill a townie, there won't BE a day 3. Hence my insistence on talking NOW.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Off the Mark »

correction: I guess if Mafia and SK both kill townies, the game will continue, but we'd be down to 1 town, 3 mafia, 1 SK, and I really don't think I like that scenario.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:39 am

Post by gorckat »

And thered'd still be no Day 3- no way the scum vote themselves. If it's a 2-person scum team, then 2-2-1 is still winnable.

Your rambling does make a case for you being town. If you were scum, you'd be sitting back and waiting to NK for the win, or at least getting ready to head into a favorable endgame.

If flea's town, the fact you won't shut up helps you, somewhat.

Since I'm on the brink of starting to post like an asshole, I'm done until dawn. Good night.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Somestrangeflea has been lynched. He was vanilla townie. Please send all night actions by september 29th.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dasquian is dead, he was a SERIAL KILLER.

Pete D is dead, he was a MAFIA THUG.

With 5 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, nobody vote quickly - it's pretty much assured we're in LyLo. I'll reread the game soon to find out who pete's partners are.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hmm. I'll get to that read later. I admit I need to rethink this game a bit, since I had not really pegged Dasquain as scum whatsoever (he was the person I thought
most
likely to be town besides CPE, since I've pretty much been in agreement with him on many issues throughout the game). I'm still a bit surprised he was killed at all - it
almost
suggests that the mafia was trying to kill town, which
really
does not make any theoretical sense, since after all, if they kill the SK and the SK kills town, the mafia wins. Besides, if the mafia wanted to kill town, they would just kill CPE.

So basically, I'm gonna try to read the game from a perspective where the mafia would somehow have guessed that Dasquain was scum.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:07 am

Post by gorckat »

That was quite a surprise.

So perhaps kilm was lying when she said one shot?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:59 am

Post by gorckat »

Or they could've just cross killed, I guess. Is that info the mod will share with non-killing roles: are kills blocked if someone killed the killer first or are all night actions simultaneous?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

They pretty clearly crosskilled.

Anyways, Gorc still looks like plausible scum to me, but I'm also going to go for the pete-partner-reread.

I propose that we operate the LyLo using pseudovotes, as a way to determine The Hotseat without risking quicklynch until we're good and ready.

Example:
Pseudo: Gorckat

Pseudocount

Gorckat - 1 (Pie)
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I need to reread and I am moving this wkend so it may be a few days before I can contribute much. I am quite surprised Dasquian was targeted by scum.

Gorckat is an easy choice for me at this point for a

Pseudo: Gorckat

but I need to think about the implications of Dasq-as-SK. Hopefully Gorck is the other scum and that's it - 2 scum and 1 SK? Does that happen much? Every game I have been in so far has been 3 scum at least (besides newbie C9).
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:46 am

Post by creampuffeater »

hi
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Off the Mark »

petroleumjelly wrote:Okay, nobody vote quickly - it's pretty much assured we're in LyLo. I'll reread the game soon to find out who pete's
partners
are.
Besides the fact that this whole post seems a bit forced, the fact that you're assuming there are multiple partners (I think that is probable but we do not know it yet) makes me suspicious of you. I may have to reread your analysis when you first entered. Seemed solid at the time.

minor
FOS: PJ
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

OTM, please point me to the last game you've seen with 2 Mafia v 1 SK v 9 town? I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say there are two Mafia left right now.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I haven't seen it actually, that's why I was asking if it was possible. Every game I've been in though, people bring up 2 mafia + SK as a possibility, so I assume it happens. All my games have been 3 mafia + some kind of neutral though, so you are probably right. I'm having a hard time putting Pete and Gorckat with a 3rd, though... gotta make time for that reread still.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Actually, I gotta consider Pie as suspect too.... he was always on Gorckat, but I don't think he ever went after Pete. So now Pete and Pie seem possible, with Gorckat as a scummy-playing townie. Bah, no more blather before I go back and read again.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

gorckat wrote:Interesting, since prior to replacement, Nanook had just said I was the top suspect and pj's first vote, once he'd settled in and re-read twice, was to vote me.

At the point pj came in, iirc, a string lynch was more likely than lynching me. Same for Nanook- only pie, if anyone, had voted me when he suspected me.
This is a very interesting post by Gorckat. It's making me look at PJ's actions in a whole new way. He did indeed come in and vote for gorckat when a superstring/SSF lynch was much more likely. Then later on, (after much suspicious behavior by Gorckat IMO) he ended up on the SSF bandwagon. This tells me his first vote could very well be a distancing vote. When it counted more, he voted for who he had to vote for, SSF.

FOS: petroleum jelly and Gorckat
as the last two scum
creampuffeater
creampuffeater
Virgin
creampuffeater
Virgin
Virgin

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by creampuffeater »

I agree that gorckat is probably scum. As for PJ: 2-1 scum setups usually have a very small number of town power roles (like this one). Shea could do it, but I agree with you, probably 2 scums left.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 am

Post by gorckat »

OTM: Like I said in twilight, it made no sense for scum to keep talking (my apologies, as I was a bit of a dick about it all).

If I assume you are town because of it, cpe is town as an uncounterclaimed vig, that leaves pie and pj as scum.

Psuedo: pj
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Interesting. Now I really need a reread. Tough to make time for this game when your house is in complete disarray.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I don't think Pete's behavior makes sense unless Gorckat is scum. How come he was so adamant to vote for string/SSF but never even considered switching to Gorckat? If Gorck and SSF were both townies, it seems like he would consider switching.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 am

Post by gorckat »

Unless he was setting up a bogus pairing that cpe or the other townie would buy easily.

I've seen it done elsewhere, and it is admittedly a totally WIFOM defense to a WIFOM linking.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:01 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Don't have time for the reread yet. But I am curious about a few things:

1.)
gorkcat, why did you pseudovote for me over Pie if we are both "equivalent" in your mind?

2.)
gorkcat, if you "know" you are town, why are you not more adamant about your opinion that pete d was trying to connect you to him (i.e. your post reads more like a deflection than would "he was probably setting me up for a lynch later", which I would
expect
a townsperson in your position to answer with)?

3.)
OTM, yesterday you continually 'went' after pete d, but I don't think you actually voted for him; I think distancing from
known
scum is a good deal worse than your "distancing" you are trying to display between gorkcat and I; I switched votes because the gorkcat wagon
was not going anywhere
, and I thought SSF was equally scummy. Feel free to reread that section of Day Two if you don't believe me.

I'm actually wondering about an OTM / pie pairing; the game makes a good deal of sense that way (
and
it explains OTM's actions at the end of Day Two). After SSF is lynched, OTM wants to make sure the SK does not hit one of his partners; so what does he do? He implores the SK to kill gorkcat.

In addition, that's one of the few pairings where I can understand killing Dasquain. If gorkcat ends up being the SK, they can lynch him Day Three. That leaves them to decide between me and Dasquain as to being the SK. I have not read Dasquain's posts exceedingly closely, but it may be that Dasquain pushed the agenda of a SK being present so much that it tipped off the mafia as to his alignment.

Basically, there is no reason to have killed Dasquain
unless
the mafia thought he was a SK.

No pseudovoting from me until after I have read the game, because I can see just about any pairing from the three {OTM, pie, gorkcat} of you. About the only pairing I sincerely doubt is the case is {OTM + gorkcat}, unless they have done some phenomenal distancing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”