Wandering the South Commoners' District

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Wandering the South Commoners' District

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat May 15, 2004 9:07 am

Post by Kerplunk »

South Commoners' District

History

After the invasion of the Briaf, many Humans, Elves and Dwarves wanted to come to Amstaad. In their eyes Amstaad stood for new opportunities, better lives, good jobs and of course adventure. So, many Briaf men, women and their children went to seek fortune in Amstaad.
Space in Amstaad was not unlimited and so the city-Council decided to build houses South of Amstaad in order to house all these immigrants. The houses being build looked all more or less the same. When the immigrants came, the District was soon divided in rich and poor.

The more wealthy of the immigrants began to live in the East, south of the Noble District. They upgraded the decent but simple houses that had been build there by the Council. Soon the East Quarter of the District was populated by the most wealthy and the buildings there were the biggest and most decadent of whole Amstaad, save the ones in the Noble District of course. The rich quarter became known as the
Sjeek Quarter

In the middle part of the District the more simple people went to live. Those people weren’t as rich as the ones in the Sjeek Qtr. and had to work for their money. That’s why they decided to live South of the Old City and close to the Independent Avenue. Most of them did find work in the Old City or at the Docks. Some set up shops, inns or hotels in the Quarter itself. The houses are well kept. This part of the District is called
The Workers’ Quarter
. Where there are rich, there are also the poor. Because they couldn’t afford living in the Sjeek or even in the Workers’ Quarter.

They all had to build their own houses. Most of them are living West of the South Mercantile district.
The Slums
, as the Quarter is called, is one of the most depressing parts of Amstaad. People live here under the most terrible conditions. Some live in houses of stone, but most of them have to live in tents. In the Slums not a day goes by when there isn’t a poor soul murdered for a couple of dimes. When you walk the streets all you see is sad faces ready to give up. Some of the young are trying to get away from the Slums, few succeed.

When the lay-out of the South Commoners’ District became more apparent, the rich in the east and the poor in the northwest, on the border of the Slums and the Workers’ Quarter slowly a new kind of Quarter was forming. Smart people from both the Slums and the Workers’ found each other in their goal to make money in no matter which way. They began to do business in the region of illegal and legal. As the years went by, these men and women, who “tend to take the law”, began to unify themselves in a Thieves Guild, The Uhura. There came rules by which the members had to live. Things such as honour became important. Now the Guild is the center of the
Uhura Quarter
, which is situated at the border of the Slums and the Workers’ Quarter. The Quarter is where thieves, assassins, criminals meet each other and do ‘business’.

Locations in the Uhura quarter

- Uhura, Guild of Thieves
- The Black Rose Inn, main meetingpoint of the Uhura quarter
- O' Toole's, buy and sell you ware (stolen or not)
- Mirel's, essentially a mercenary base

Descriptions with NPC's coming
Last edited by Kerplunk on Sat May 29, 2004 4:53 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed May 19, 2004 5:39 am

Post by Kerplunk »

So... what do you think?

edit: I should say that this is the first version (after a few thinking scratches and thinkings), just curious what you all think of this first impression of the District.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Wed May 19, 2004 6:08 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Yaw wrote:Not to change the content in any way, just to fix up the English a little.
I tried so hard... :cry:

Seriously, that would be a very good idea. Thanks for the offer.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Sat May 22, 2004 9:59 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay, I changed the History a bit. But I wrote it pretty fast, just for people to see and judge it. I'll have to tweak some things and write some things in a nicer way. Maybe you could help, Yaw?

And the things in
red
are things I still have to think about.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #4) » Sat May 29, 2004 4:46 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay. Change the history... again. I think I will first make only a thread for the Uhura Quarter. I first want to do only one Quarter and see how this RPG will work. I'm afraid that if I open to much I can't pay my fullest attention to it. I think Uhura is interesting enough.

Later on, when I get "the hang" of it I'll open more Districts with more NPC's and locations.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #5) » Sat May 29, 2004 8:34 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay. But I have to make in every Quarter some locations where players can go, right? And in every locations I should make some NPC's which I control. So I have to play a lot of characters with different kind of personalities. Or is it not going to be like that?

We'll see, I guess. Looking forward to it!

Return to “Old Aamstaad”