Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Vote: Cogito Ergo Scum

Always scum.

<3 on the name love.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:35 am

Mirth wrote:Since this is getting nowhere (and none of you are funny. Get over it) I will purpose the fowwing. Since Avalon's bandwagon hd 5 people on it (including himself) it would be satistically sound to assume that at least one of them is scum. In a game likje this, I will also assume that we have probably three or four mafia players (could be 2, could be 5 cause of the five rangers, but one mislynch and one nightkill would put town in LYLO with that, so I'm going to assume that 5 is less likely than 3 or 4 for that reason, though it is still possible due to the number of rangers). Possibly some other killing role, don't know yet since we started on day.

So, in no particular order, Blight, Avalon, Flame, CES, Unright, what do you all think about my above comment.
You're assuming and speculating too much.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:31 am

jmar wrote:We're four pages in and we've gotten nowhere. I for one am not happy with a random lynch- in my opinion it shouldn't even be up for discussion.
*alarm bells*

Posts like these make me suspicious. Saying something but not really saying anything at all. Of course we don't want to random lynch. :roll:
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:34 am

Unright wrote:
originality wrote:It looks to me like all discussion/voting going on here is based on "DURR YOUR POST IS POINTLESS! NO YOURS IS SHUT UP" which is no good.
Yeah, all the chatter so far is pretty crap. I guess we can start by discussing the theme of this game and see if we can figure out what kind of roles we might be looking at.

I'm old enough to remember the MMPR show when it was popular, but I was too old even then for the show to appeal to me. I read up on my character at least, but that's about it. Petroleumjelly did mention that any character to ever appear at least once is a potential candidate, so that gives scum plenty of fodder for false claims.

But it's a safe bet to assume that there are at least five scum: The Power Rangers (Red, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Black). 5 scum to 7 town seems to be a likely ratio.

Any one have any ideas as to the possibility of SKs? Or is anyone willing to admit real familiarity with the theme?
Five scum to seven town is an insanely unbalanced game. We're looking at about 3 scum total, most likely.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:36 am

jmar wrote:Or perhaps more than one mafia team?
Please stop with the speculation on the setup. It's painful. This is for everybody.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:37 am

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:I was thinking the '6th' ranger could possibly be an SK. Don't really know anything about the setup though. 5 scum could be possible, but I think it'd be much too hard to balance that out.

Unright isn't looking so townish anymore.
CES, you know better than this. =/
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:52 am

Top 3:

1. JMar- You've made lots of posts, but I don't think you've made one game-relevant post yet. You're lurking in plain sight.
2. Originality- You seem more interested in outing power roles than finding scum. You didn't have to call attention to what Peers said, regardless of whether that is true.
3. Flameaxe- You haven't said much recently and you're on a 4 player bandwagon without explanation.

Unvote, Vote: JMar
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:20 am

originality wrote:
PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:Top 3:

2. Originality- You seem more interested in outing power roles than finding scum. You didn't have to call attention to what Peers said, regardless of whether that is true.

Those 5 posts could and should have been one, are you trying to look more active then you really are? I'm not outing powerroles, I'm just confused as to why all this powerrole talk is going on so early in the game.

Also, you seem to be trying hard to find things that just ain't there. Really, no one made any logical mind blowing post yet, not even close.
I hate messing with tags and such so if someone says something I want to comment on, I start a post and reply to it. It's much easier than messing with tags. It's how I do things.

How do you know that the things I'm looking for "ain't there?" This is the way mafia is played. You have to look for clues and hints. This involves a little thought and close examination. If you're looking for someone to say "I'm teh scumz, guise, linch mi!" you're wasting your time here.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 am

dybeck wrote:I really don't think you can pin the outing of power roles on originality.

FOS: PlaysWithSquirrels
I never pinned the outing of power roles on him. I'm saying that he seems more dedicated to finding power roles than to finding scum. That is a big deal.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:56 am

How did I "attempt to derail this line of enquiry?"
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:04 pm

This game makes me want to tear out my hair.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:56 am

dybeck wrote:If you look at what's actually been revealed, it's that two people accidentally revealed that they weren't townies, and then partially or completely backtracked to cover their error.

Not townie != power role.

Not townie = power role OR scum.

I hugely doubt that both of these players are power roles. The fact that they're now both backtracking, to a lesser or greater extent, makes these two worthy of further investigation.

Your attempt to derail this line of enquiry has been noted.
Dear sir, I have made note of your douche-baggery. Don't let it happen again.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 pm

So... like... vote JMar and stuff.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Mirth wrote:I do not like this wagon hopping one bit. I also think Playswith's case is awful, so, for now,

vote: Playswithsquirrels
until he explains his last post.

Mod: can we have a vote count?
Nobody posted for a day and a half so I just restated my opinion to bump the thread. Is that ok with you?
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:15 pm

Mirth wrote:
Unright wrote: That's fine. But why aren't you commenting on Originality's "Oh shit I'm suspiciously forth I better unvote" move?
Because I don't find it suspicious. I'm inclined to think that avoiding baseless bandwagons is a good thing, and the unvote gives Originality brownie points in my opinion. Bob (and the rest of you), I don't see your logic in suspecting anyone from avoiding a totally unfounded bandwagon. I do, however, fail to understand why Originality voted Jmar in the first place, as I think the "OMG! You're lurking in plain sight!" argument is a poor basis for anything, expecially day 1.

PlaysWith, I'm going to keep my vote on you for the time being.
You may not agree with the vote, but do you agree that JMar hasn't said anything of worth all game?
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Mirth wrote:I do agree that Jmar hasn't said anything particularly useful, yes. Neither have a couple other people.
So at least we agree on that. It's page eight. He's had plenty of time to say SOMETHING meaningful. He hasn't. I don't understand why you're voting for me when you agree with my evaluation of JMar.

(JMar, if you're reading this, now would be a great time to post something about your suspicions or the like)
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:41 pm

dybeck wrote:
Unright wrote:
dybeck wrote:That's reassured me of Unright's pro-town credentials.
Good to know. You've yet to reassure me of yours.
It was sarcasm. The fact that you jumped on the first passing bandwagon with such relish was not, amazingly, a strong town tell.
*sigh*

I wish I was as good at this game as Dybeck is. Did you guys hear how awesome he is? On a scale of 1 to 10, he's so good!
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:41 am

I think it would be a really good idea for everyone to list their top 3 suspects along with an accompanying list of reasons for the way you feel the way you do. Otherwise, we aren't going to get anywhere.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:42 am

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:Top 3:

1. JMar- You've made lots of posts, but I don't think you've made one game-relevant post yet. You're lurking in plain sight.
3. Flameaxe- You haven't said much recently and you're on a 4 player bandwagon without explanation.

Here's my list just for organization's sake.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Jesus fucking Christ, this is like pulling teeth. Please post your suspicions
with reasonings
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:03 am

Everyone keeps saying there's "nothing to go on" etc. but that doesn't change the fact that we have to be lynching someone today. Sitting here with our thumbs up our asses isn't going to accomplish anything. If you guys are waiting for someone to jump up and admit that they kill people at night and need professional help will be sorely disappointed. It is page 10, people. Do something.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm still here. I just flat-out don't like where this game is going. There's been extremely little game chatter and a whole lot of people bitching at each other. When this happens, it only benefits the scum and I don't like being at a disadvantage because some people feel like comparing e-penis size instead of playing the game.

That being said, I definitely don't want to persue a Peers lynch and I'm undecided on Flameaxe. The people we need to be looking at, in my opinion, are JMar, Unright, and Originality, in that order.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 am

jmar wrote:I did think Peers' statement was hypothetical, because I didn't read it closely enough. Originality explained it to me- his theory makes no sense unless he had a power role. I'm sorry, but the whole "maybe I said it to confuse the scum" defense is really weak in my opinion. I'm not letting him off.
Unvote, Vote Peers
. If my vote count is correct, that's 5 on him, but mod, can we get a vote count please?
I can't believe we aren't killing you.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 am

JMar is scum. More on this story at 11.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 pm

jmar wrote:Still waiting for my question to be answered, but thank you, PlaysWithSquirrels, for your continuing lack of adding anything valuable to this game.
You'll have to tune in at 11. :teach:
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm

jmar wrote:We're four pages in and we've gotten nowhere. I for one am not happy with a random lynch- in my opinion it shouldn't even be up for discussion.
This is the post that first made me suspicious of jmar. Posts that say things that appear to be helpful but really just state a basic truth/common knowledge are really suspicious.
jmar wrote:That's an interesting accusation coming from someone who's barely posted at all yet. You just made 4 posts that could have easily been one, and you had one before that which didn't say anything. But the reason I haven't said too much is because nothings really happened so far. The first 3 pages are discussions about random lynchings and people being pissed off at each other, then there was the whole power claim which I also offered my thoughts on. But there's not much to go on yet, so far I have no idea who could be scum. You say stop with the speculation on the setup, yet you offer no alternative? What would you have us discuss?
After I stated my suspicions, here is what jmar replies with. This is a pretty intense reaction from my simple declaration that he seems the scummiest. I'm pretty sure he's a new player so maybe he's just overreacting because of inexperience. This isn't particularly damning, but it doesn't make me feel better about him.
jmar wrote:I've already defended myself against PlaysWithSquirrels' accusations. If you still wanna bandwagon me I've got no problem with it. But I'm gonna unvote, vote: PlaysWithSquirrels, because A, he seems like a jackass, and B, he's really pushing for a lynch when he has very little to go on. Plus he showed up around the 5th page and accused me of lurking. So, yeah.
Apparently he refuted everything I said. I just got owned. OMGUS ensues. Nice job.

That's about where I am at the moment. I'd like to see jmar hang.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:39 pm

Mirth wrote:So basically, you don't actually have a case PlaysWith?
I mean, there it is. It's basically the only analysis anybody has done in the game thus far.
Oh hai.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Flameaxe, cut it out please.

I'm almost tempted to hammer Peers.
Oh hai.