Mini 474 - Bergamo Bump-Off (Game Over!)

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:57 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Nelly632 wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:I didn't die last night because I'm a Bulletproof Townie, and, just in case it's relevant, being Bulletproof can't be effected by Roleblocks, since it's a passive ability (doesn't require a Nightchoice). I did not die last night, and I will not die tonight.

Oh, and since we're all on different teams, the very worst of luck to both of you...

Vote: No lynch
If you are really a bullet proof townie like you say you are then you should have trusted me when I say I am townie and we could have killed Muerrto.
I'm a bullet-proof townie, therefore you are either a scum or an SK. Why, then, would I have any reason to listen to you?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The shortest day in the history of the world comes to an end. The town chooses not to lynch anyone and instead let the Fates decide. See you all tomorrow...

Night Choices are due by Friday at 5:00pm EDT (a bit less than 24 hrs from now). I don't see the point in extending it any longer than that, although if someone requests it I will extend.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

The day dawns bright, yet cheerless. The sun shines without warmth, somehow failing to bring life to the little town outside of Bergamo.

somestrangeflea stands over the body of Nelly632, wiping the blood off his knife, watching Nelly's life trickle away down the cobblestone streets. Suddenly a slight noise betrays the presence of the last inhabitant of the decimated town.

"Heh, I've done wonderfully here, don't you think Muerrto? And now you're the only thing between me and happiness". flea turns slowly, the sunlight glinting off the knife in his hand reflected in the gleam of crazed depravity in his eyes.

Muerrto sneers at the cold killer. Killing without purpose serves nothing, forwards no one's goals. Selfish behavior - behavior of which the Family does not approve. It was too bad flea was insane, he'd make a nice addition to the Family.

"Sorry flea, but there's only room for one scumbag in this town", says Muerrto, raising his Colt .45, aiming it at flea's heart.

flea grins evilly as the gunshot rings across the village square. The force of the impact drives flea back and to his knees, yet he manages to miraculously survive. A high, evil cackle soon takes the place of the gunshot ringing across the square.

"I love bullet-proof vests! I've been wearing one ever since someone other than me started killing my sheep!". The gleam in flea's eyes is sharper now, a malevolent look of hate has tinted the madness in his eyes.

"Too bad a vest won't stop a shot to the head", Muerrto intones almost as if this was all beneath him.

flea's expression suddenly matches that of the glint in his eyes. He charges at Muerrto, a scream of raw, soul-wrenching hate issuing from him like the wail of some banshee.

A second shot rings out, and flea's blood mingles with that of Nelly's. Muerrto turns and walks off, like some black gunman from the American West. Now, he would rebuild, and remake this arm of the Family in his own image...

Nelly632, Townie
, Knifed Night 5.

somestrangeflea, Serial Killer
, Shot Day 6.

Muerrto, Mafia Roleblocker
, wins the game for the scum!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Role PMs:

Mafia Goon:

You are a member of the Mafia along with [name(s)]. Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You will designate one of your number to send in your choice for that night's kill. This is important in that there may or may not be Roleblockers present.
  • You win when the number of Mafia outnumbers the remaining players.

Mafia Godfather:

You are the Don of the family. The townsfolk have become a burden to your activities, and must be removed.
  • Your role is identical to that of the other Mafia, [name(s)], with one exception.
  • Due to you not taking personal action in your activities, you’ve maintained plausible deniability. This means that any investigations will return an innocent result.
  • You may only privately communicate with the other Mafia during the NIGHT cycle (via PM).
  • You and your fellow Mafia will designate one of your number to send in your choice for that night's kill. This is important in that there may or may not be Roleblockers present.
  • You win when the number of Mafia outnumbers the remaining players.

Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a Mafia Roleblocker. Your charms have a way of influencing others.
  • You have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
  • Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block.
  • You may communicate with your fellow Mafia [name(s)] only at Night (via PM).
  • You win when the Mafia outnumber the remaining players.

Serial Killer:

You are a Serial Killer. You are convinced everyone else is out to get you, so you’re going to get them first!
  • Your goal is to be the sole-survivor.
  • Each NIGHT you
    must
    choose to kill another player due to your psychosis. Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to kill.
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You will have permanent investigative immunity from investigative-type roles and will be un-night killable for the first Night that someone tries to night kill you.
  • You win when everyone in the game has been eliminated, both town
    and
    Mafia!

Townie:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right.
  • You win when all threats to the town are removed.

Cop:

You are the local law enforcement. You are vital to removing the threat of the Mafia.
  • Each NIGHT, you may enter the home of any other player to seek clues to help ascertain their identity as friend or foe. Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.

Doctor:

You are a Doctor, the town's saving grace.
  • Each NIGHT, you may visit another player's location and save them from death, if they have been attacked. Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.

Vigilante:

You are a Vigilante. Frustrated with the time it takes for mob rule to be imposed, you have decided to save the town on your own terms.
  • Each NIGHT, you have the option to kill another player in the town whom you believe does not have the town’s best interest at heart. Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to kill.
  • You do not have to submit a kill, if you so choose.

Inventor:

You are an extraordinary inventor, and have crafted three items to help the town in your hunt for the Mafia.
  • Those items include:
    • Battery-Powered Force Cage Generator (allows for a one-use Role-Blocking ability)
    • Medkit (allows for a one-use Doctor ability)
    • Know-It-All 2000™ Scanner (allows for a one-use Cop ability)
  • You cannot use these items yourself.
  • Each night, you may give one item to a player of your choosing. Once that item is given away, it is no longer available. Inform the Mod by PM of the item you are giving away and to which player you are giving that item.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Night Actions:

All night actions occurred simultaneously with kills occurring after all other actions.

death_omen - Cop:
  1. Investigate Malchonn
  2. Investigate Hjallti
  3. Investigate flea
DeathSauce - Inventor:
  1. 1-Shot Cop ability given to SeraphicMirth
Hjallti - Doctor:
  1. Protect Plessiez
  2. Protect Muerrto
  3. No Protection Received
SeraphicMirth - used 1-Shot Cop ability against Muerrto Night 2

Aimee - Goon:
  1. Kill DeathSauce
  2. Kill SeraphicMirth
Muerrto - Mafia Roleblocker:
  1. Roleblock death_omen
  2. Roleblock death_omen
  3. Roleblock death_omen, Kill Hjallti
  4. Roleblock flea, Kill flea
  5. Roleblock Nelly, Kill Nelly
somestrangeflea - Serial Killer:
  1. Kill Plessiez
  2. Kill Aimee
  3. Kill death_omen
  4. Kill Nelly
  5. Kill Nelly
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Great game to Muerrto and flea for making it that far, but I have to tip my hat to vampy. He figured out the best strategy for the town on Day 4, and wasn't afraid to sacrifice himself to give the town a chance, however small, to win. I'm putting vampy in for the best Town Play scummy award for that move. Great job!

The worst thing that could have been done in that situation was to let the conversation go on the way it did. It allowed Muerrto to slip up twice and tell flea, with 99% accuracy, who the last mafia was (although from the night choices I don't think flea believed it). Nelly, you should have hammered when vampy presented the strategy to limit the amount of talk the scum/sk could use to deduce who was who. Other than your frustrated townie play, that was your biggest mistake.

Muerrto had a Freudian slip in post 726:
Muerrto wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Shrug, IMO DO, myself, Hjalti, and Vampdog are cleared at the moment
Uh, why?
Because we're nowhere near LYLO right now with 1 scum floating. So since Aimee called out Vampdog and Hjalti and DO claimed cop they're currently cleared. What part of that is difficult to grasp?
Bolded for emphasis. He states with certainty that there's only 1 scum left, which raised my eyebrows, but I don't see that anyone else caught onto this.

The other huge error that jumps out at me was d_o's claim on Day 1. Way too early of a claim, and as you can see from the night actions it neutered him and effectively turned him into a townie for the entire game.

I honestly thought that the town would have an easier time, but the SK and Mafia made some really lucky kills (such as targeting SeraphicMirth before she could tell everyone the guilty result she would have gotten about Muerrto). Very interesting how it all worked out. The end game was interesting, and I was almost certain that the scum were going to win, because there was no way for flea to stop Muerrto from killing, but Muerrto could roleblock him on any night.

Overall, a great game everyone. Thanks for playing!

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Muerrto »

That was awesome! When Aimee died I was like oh crap I'm screwed. It was what, 6 people left, 1 scum. But somehow I was able to convince everyone I was town. I absolutely loved it. Aimee 'clearing' me then dying was great too because since she called out me and VH in the same post we were trying to figure out how the heck she'd play that off when VH was lynched and NOT get me lynched too.

Nelly's hammer was the perfect shield to hide behind for a while. Careful with that in the future man. And sorry DO for neutering your character. I was amazed when Flea lived last night but now that I see the PM I see why.

Great game all. Thanks a ton Vel for hosting. VH, Aimee, great job.

GO SCUM!!!
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Muerrto »

EBWOP: In MOST 12 person games there's 3 scum so I figured saying there was only 1 scum left was fine, not really a slip. I've never seen one with four anyway. Wouldn't that over power the scum?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I've seen several with 4, and 1 with 5. With all the town power roles I was considering doing 4 scum, but I just made one scum investigation immune and another a RBer and that helped to balance it out. - Mod

SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

OMG I *KNEWWW* Muerrto. It killed me that I got killed lol and when I got killed, the mod chose not to tell me what the result of my investigation was..so I've been watching the game, just going "Ahhh!! MUERRTOOO!!!" :P

Good game to watch, I really like how the end played out.
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Oh and to Vel, very nicely moderated..the narration is great :)
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Oh and also I am very pleased to say that I would play with any of you again. In a lot of games, people get too upset and end up being total jerks and ruining games. So, good sportsmanship all :)

OK so much to say for someone who replaced in and died night 2 but this was a good game lol
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Muerrto »

My only regret is that my pleas of 'my playstyle is the same I'm town' on the other site I play on will be ignored completely and might get me lynched for even mentioning it. Lol. I told you my playstyle wouldn't change if I was scum. And OMG it's sooo much more fun to be scum :twisted:
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm noticing a trend with the SKs in your games, Vel...
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
death_omen
death_omen
Goon
death_omen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by death_omen »

Yea nice game overall, dam you meurrto you used my rc to your advantage. In future I will be cautious when it comes to rcing so early on.

Thanks to the mod for modding this, you were great =).
The journey to your destination is often much more important than the destination itself.
-DO

Ps. God, I'm so wise some times.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I don't want to whine between the hammer of day 3 and the beginning of day 4 there was less then 72 hours during the weekend. I am aware that the rules of this particular game say each absence of 48 hours should be noted and I forgot to rewrite in my signature that I don't play weekends, but in another game it was stated that nights during weekends last longer. Is it common that mods make such a short nights?

This explains why I didn't get a night choice in night 3. But I doubt I would have chosen death_omen, although I was really putting the mafia role blocker theory up front. Muerrto's implicit denial of that theory was a scumtell, in hindsight.

Great game muerrto!
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Wonderfully run, and a great game all round!

Just out of curiosity, from the looks of the NKs, Muerrto bought my Bulletproof claim, meaning I'd've won if I'd actually decided to kill you!

C'est la vie...
Muerrto wrote:It allowed Muerrto to slip up twice and tell flea, with 99% accuracy, who the last mafia was (although from the night choices I don't think flea believed it).
Mhm. I now realise that there are some things in Mafia that can't be talked out of...
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Good Game people, nothing like being targeted by Two people on the last night LOL...
vampyrusddg
vampyrusddg
Goon
vampyrusddg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by vampyrusddg »

Great game all, I had you pegged at the end Meurrto, but by then all I could hope was other people had figured you out and get myself lynched to provide a small chance for the town. Though I was guessing you were the SK rather than the mafia RBer.

Seems you had a bit of luck with Aimee taking out SM on the night she investigated you, that could have gone very differently if you'd hit elsewhere.
"So we're going to die then"
"Yes... Hang on a minute what's this?"
"Where"
"Only kidding, we're going to die after all..."
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Erg0 wrote:I'm noticing a trend with the SKs in your games, Vel...
Actually, that role for SK is fairly standard. I checked with a few of the experienced game Mods here before I first used the role in our off-site game, and that's a typical set of rules for a SK.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:03 am

Post by Erg0 »

I meant getting to the last day and then losing. ;)
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:49 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Ah. Well, that's not
my
fault, now, is it? :wink:
Hjallti wrote:I don't want to whine between the hammer of day 3 and the beginning of day 4 there was less then 72 hours during the weekend. I am aware that the rules of this particular game say each absence of 48 hours should be noted and I forgot to rewrite in my signature that I don't play weekends, but in another game it was stated that nights during weekends last longer. Is it common that mods make such a short nights?

This explains why I didn't get a night choice in night 3. But I doubt I would have chosen death_omen, although I was really putting the mafia role blocker theory up front. Muerrto's implicit denial of that theory was a scumtell, in hindsight.

Great game muerrto!
In retrospect, I should have let the deadline go another 24 hours since it was the weekend. I don't like to make deadlines longer than 3 days, since it gets boring waiting for people to make up their minds, and 3 days is long enough to make decisions I think. In the future though, I'll be careful about instituting deadlines that occur on the weekends.

And Muerrto, your play *was* different this time around. Not overtly, of course, but it was different. Your attacks were much more subtle this go around, although I'm not sure whether that's due to you being scum or the fact that you're gaining more experience in the forum version of the game and are starting to naturally tone down and be less aggressive overall. I'm leaning toward the latter :D

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the game, I had a great time modding.

DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:20 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Wow, what an incredibly lucky choice that the scum decided to kill Seraphic on Night One!

Well played by everyone, it's been fun to follow along.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:39 am

Post by Muerrto »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:And Muerrto, your play *was* different this time around. Not overtly, of course, but it was different. Your attacks were much more subtle this go around, although I'm not sure whether that's due to you being scum or the fact that you're gaining more experience in the forum version of the game and are starting to naturally tone down and be less aggressive overall. I'm leaning toward the latter :D
Definitely the latter because the former was getting me lynched when I was town lol. But this is my current playstyle in all my games. Alot more laid back, but I still never let up when I see a slip up. The vig getting knocked out day 1 and DO having to claim day 1 was a HUGE boost for the scum.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 am

Post by Hjallti »

mod wrote: Ah. Well, that's not my fault, now, is it? Wink
No it isn't I just wanted to explain why I didn't have a night choice... I didn't notify, and that is my mistake, and I guess we couldn't have predicted the hammer falling so fast.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”