edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:36 am

Post by edion0 »

i'm still here if it's ok

i kinda got hit by hurricane humberto a couple of days ago and didn't have net, plus i forgot to check the night befor it hit, so i didn't get any of my PM's till just now.

have i been officially replaced yet, or can i still play?
so a robot, a cyborg, and a midget walk into a bar...
[url]http://www.geocities.com/the.commons[/url]
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:02 am

Post by edion0 »

vote: Edion0

yay! i have 2 votes too! *does happy dance*

not really, lol

unvote

*sighs* seems like if i vote for anyone (including myself) i might start a bandwagon...

@ joost: why ckillor?

FOS: joost
until i get a decent answer...
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:53 am

Post by edion0 »

that's fine by me if he was, but i'm curious to hear the reason if it wasn't that
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:16 am

Post by edion0 »

well, i'm happy now...

so...

<.< >.>

who looks scummy?...
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by edion0 »

vote: jennar
to see if it'll get him talking
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by edion0 »

ok, i admit that bandwagons aren't totally bad, but i've been in games where they've gone so insanely fast that by page 3 i think, someone was dead, and i just didn't want that to happen here.

unvote

*le sigh* D1's always are always tricky...unless a n00b royally screws up, of course- then it's pretty quick
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

Post by edion0 »

damn

um, i'm not sure if i'd call that rape, but Jennar, you definitely got shredded dude. i'd add to it, but ckd got everything as far as i can tell.

vote: Jennar

personal reasons for it: way too aggressive of a case with such little ground to go on. if you're just an aggressive player, admit that you were wrong and the vote will be gone...though i will be watching your actions closely from here on out.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

Post by edion0 »

wow. this changed fast...

sorry if i seem scummy, but what i said was what i honestly felt about ckd and jennar's argument there. by the point i had posted, jennar's case was pretty much gone and was refusing to admit it.

as far as my "bandwagoning" is concerned, i had left my browser on the bottom portion of page 4, hit F5 to refresh it, saw the final posts on there, and was writing a post out when i noticed that we had moved to page 5. i stopped my post, read page 5, and couldn't find any other textual evidence for my case that ckd hadn't already given. so, rather than make an entire post restating almost everything that ckd had, i sipmly said that i agreed with him. i stand by my feeling that jennar was just being too aggressive, and i will agree to disagree on if he was too aggressive or not (and yes, i realize that ckd was being fairly aggressive as well).

perhaps i'm too lenient w/ people about removing my votes, but at the moment i was still playing this game as though the mafia had a NK- ie, a mislynch is incredibly bad. , so i don't have to be so worried about removing votes at the slightest defense. i understand that ANY mislynch is a bad thing, but this isn't a 6 player game where a D1 mislynch could spell the end for the Town.

unvote

i guess i'll just sit here and watch for a few more days until i see something truly scummy to come by and hope not to get labeled as wagoning when i put my vote on, since agreeing with someone is now a dead-giveaway that you're scum.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:09 am

Post by edion0 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I pretty much argue in every game I am in...it gets the town talking, that might be why I have never survived to see endgame as town, but it gives the town something to reread later while searching for scum, so I feel like I am doing my part, dead or alive...I would like to point out that since Jennar and I have halted our discussion...this game slowed.

edion, any comment to my question?
um...what question was that? went back and looked and couldn't find where you asked anything really (not counting jennar stuff of course), though i may just be having one of my dense moments...
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:31 am

Post by edion0 »

alright, so i know that i haven't been the most talkative player this game, but i just wanted to let everyone know that i just got hired at a new job yesterday and will pretty much be going from sleep to class (9-1) then work (2- 9 or 10).

i'll try to be getting on every night to continue my regular play, but in case i don't and two or three days go by w/out my saying anything, i'm not lurking or avoiding q's.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 am

Post by edion0 »

sorry i haven't been able to get on here much...i start classes @ 9 in the morning every day, they end @ 115, and i started work @ 2 every day this past week, not getting home until 9 or 10+. needless to say, i've been kinda tired this week (actually got a little extra sleep- meaning i got up @ 8 for once- yesterday morning, then had other things to do btw, so i didn't have time to post).

i've been skimming through the posts of the past few days w/ the spare mins i have online, but i haven't had time to do a thorough reading, so i'm going to go do that now.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by edion0 »

ok, first things first:

@ white:
welcome to the game.

now, for my expose`:

i look like scum. this is beyond a "duh." the english language has yet to create a word that expresses the general scumminess of my mafia playing.
go look at my previous games- i've been town in nearly all of them and have looked exactly as i do now, and there's a really good reason for it: i'm an idiot.

now, that being said, i'm an idiot that's trying to become a better player, most notably by playing games and trying diff strategies now. in my current games (this one and the star gate mafia game) i'm taking my time between posts, trying to do careful read-through's of the posts before posting. i failed to keep that strategy when i A) voted for jennar and B) unvoted for him. i'm paranoid about large amounts of attention being given to me in actual posts since in the past they've meant my death not too long afterwards- yes lurking is a major scumtell and i'm pretty much guilty of doing it in a lot of the game's i've played if i remember right (if not all the time)

i skimmed the last page and a half looking for a vote count, so i'm not so sure about jennar's attitude anymore, but personally, i'm just tired of the general bad attitude that he's had through most of the game so far, especially when he started going "just lynch me and get it over w/" (joost calls it apathy- i call it poor sportsmanship and i should know since i've done it in the past myself).

now, i'm going to go give the last bit left a thorough read and will post about it later.

btw, i have tues and thurs off this week, so you can expect to see me at least on those days. i'm going to kill my "scumminess" as it is and stop "lurking" so much by giving A) my work sched for the week in advance so that it's known when i will and won't be able to post and B) start piping up about particular notes on each page or so

again, i may be a bad player as is, but i really am trying to get better[/url]
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by edion0 »

ok, another first thing to say that's kinda off topic- nice to have someone (esp the person who seems to suspect me the most) is giving near-instant feed-back on my posts, rather than me have to wait until tomorrow night to get it (this is of course granted i manage to get on tomorrow).

as far as the intent of my first paragraph, it was only really meant to state that although i'm bad, there's a consistency to it.

I'll do a full run-down of players later, but currently my scumdar is pointing to three main people:
Jennar
(obvious reasons here, though he's slowly coming down in "scum-score" with his most recent posts),
flying hawk
(will explain in full rundown), and
cdk
(it's wifom logic, so i'm actually just keeping my eye on him for now until there's more non-jennar related material to go on)
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by edion0 »

for what? everything you said is pretty much common sense. hell, the only reason that i'm not in a newbie game right now is that i couldn't even tell how long the wait for getting into a new game would be and i felt that i had learned enough reading skills during my absence from MS to be a better player period (and i can almost say that i was right- i'm not dead yet after all, lol)
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by edion0 »

EXACTLY! it's still D1.

ok, enough of the banter, i've got some 'splainin' to do:

the first few pages are really just a lot of joking around and stuff until page three, when the whole cdk/jennar argument gets started by mneme as far as i can tell.

yup- mneme's vote on bird1111 gets cdk talking. it's at that point that jennar comments that cdk and mneme are looking to him like scumbuddies. now, i know that we're all sick and tired of hearing about the cdk/jennar thing, but this have a point to it: mneme was actually the first one to make a deliberately offensive move once the random phase was over by-and-large. though not scummy in and of itself, it does have a strange vibe to it that makes me pay attention to it.

cdk's vote for mneme, as he admits later, was a bit hasty, but nonetheless, it got debate going.

there's a lot to comment on, but this in particular has merit:
Flyinghawk wrote:
mneme wrote:joost: Play your own game.

Personally? I'm happy to punish people who treat the random stage as a joke.

unvote
vote: bird1111

Unvoting your random just because the game seems to be stalling seems to be some wierd mutation of "unvote for no damn reason".

Morover, the entire attidude -- that there's some hard and fast stage between "random" and "exiting the random stage" when random votes are discounted is both artificial and seems to miss the point of random voting in the first place.
Why did you vote Bird but not Ckillo, who did the same exact option right above Bird's post? This seems very very odd to me.

Vote:Mneme
personally the vote seems a bit hasty here as well, but not much is said about it at all...

ok, i'm getting a major headache from having to dig through the cdk/j stuff, so i'll continue with all this tuesday...it'll make sense i swear
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Post by edion0 »

i stand corrected about your vote on mneme then...i'll go back and see if i can't figure out where i got that from...i thought you had said a little later that you should have just FOS'd rather than voted, but i may be confusing people and situations...

its not that i haven't read it or even just skimmed it (the cdk/jennar argument) its that there's a LOT of stuff to go through and read again, especially when trying to separate out the commentary from other people and any actions that might point towards someone being scum. i'd pretty much reread the entire game so far by the point i posted last, and on top of that, i had a friend irritating the hell out of me, so my brain was starting to lag so i'm pretty much taking a break and coming back to it all w/ a fresh set of eyes tuesday.

again, jennar's on my list for all of the evidence that everyone else had repeatedly put (and i will repost if you guys want me to- otherwise for the sake of clear reading and not beating a dead-horse any more than i absolutely have to at the moment, i'm just going to say what i think and not quote every little post) plus his attitude not too long ago (this rule of mine goes for any game that i play, not just mafia: i'd rather lose the game and have loved playing it rather than win it and hated to play it, and just one person w/ a bad attitude can kill just abotu any game).

again, cdk, you're on my list at the moment purely bc of the WIFOM logic of the situation w/ you and jennar- ie, i'm just going to be watching you closely.

flyinghawk's on my scumdar bc i saw something in the last page or two i think is fairly scummy and iwll be going through the previous pages to investigate further.

there are others, of course, but those are my top three for now.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:10 pm

Post by edion0 »

Flyinghawk wrote:
Edion0

He is the big lurker in this game. Made excuses to not talk very much at all for awhile. Lately, he has started to become more active, because his lurking seems to have to started catching up with him.
a SK possiblity?
lmao!

i wish!

reasons why i've "buddied up" with white: i was posting and he was posting back. the conversation became fairly casual obviously, but i'm extending no special privies to him that i wouldn't to anyone else on MS that's friendly.

@CDK: like i said when i first posted that you're in my top 3, the reasons are WIFOM logic and it really boils down to the fact that i'm just watching you in case you're just really, really good scum rather than a good townie.

i know this isn't the big explanation that i promised earlier, but i somehow got my days mixed up and thought i worked tomorrow when in reality i worked today (my boss wasn't exactly happy), so it'll be in tomorrow. plus, at this point, there have been some interesting notes made that i'm going to investigate first in case it means revising current ideas.

work: work thurs/sat, off fri. will update for next week's sched as soon as its available to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”