Mini 473: Urban Dead Mafia! Barhah! (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

No, it does not swing this in the town's favor. We mislynch, mafia kills and wins. Also, in all my game experience, SKs are always more likely than vigs when there aren't many power roles...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Just in case, we should figure out who the mafia is and direct the vig/SK to NK him. Then if we don't win already, we lynch the SK if we can.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

Looking at the wiki, the SK description mentions that often the mod will not allow an SK to forego a NK, so I think that explains the random N0 kill. I think it's safe to assume we have a SK and strategize from there. Directing the SK to NK the mafia seems to be our only chance to win at this point.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:05 pm

Meh. I think Zodiac is the SK. I don't know who the mafia is, either you or puffin.
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Zodiac »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Meh. I think Zodiac is the SK. I don't know who the mafia is, either you or puffin.
It could be you also.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Smashy »

puffinpoffin has been prodded
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:41 am

Meh. At this point Zodiac just pisses me off.

Unvote, vote Zodiac
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

Responding to prod - was away for the long weekend.

Pulsewidth
I find it interesting that you bring up these concerns at this point in the game rather than when they happened, or soon after. Now perhaps you were saving accusations until later when you thought too many of them had added up, but I think there were several points in the game where we had nothing to talk about... or rather we couldn't say anything more about what people had done. Why didn't you attack me then, and get some conversation going? This to me seems rather suspicious.

pulsewidth wrote:
Poppinpuffin:
poppinpuffin wrote: Agree that Hjallti seems to have reacted well... I'm still more suspicious of Hjallti than of most other players here, but unless something changes my mind, I dont think Hjallti is the play for today.
Why point out to everyone that you are more suspicious of Hjallti than almost everyone else? Seems like distancing.
I don't think saying I'm more suspicious of Hjallti than anyone else is distancing. I think it's exactly the same as saying "you're at the top of my list" or anything of the like. And it's kind of ridiculous if you would agree that being suspicious of someone is distancing. I think that distancing is being suspicious of someone just to go along with the crowd, or when scum preemptively distances before their buddy has actually done anything scummy.
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

ABR, I don't like that vote at all. Just several days ago you were saying that we should try to direct the SK to off the mafia, and now you're voting to lynch the top SK suspect.
poppinpuffin wrote: Pulsewidth
I find it interesting that you bring up these concerns at this point in the game rather than when they happened, or soon after. Now perhaps you were saving accusations until later when you thought too many of them had added up, but I think there were several points in the game where we had nothing to talk about... or rather we couldn't say anything more about what people had done. Why didn't you attack me then, and get some conversation going? This to me seems rather suspicious.
Pointing out possible scumtells is suspicious? Look, before the d3sisted lynch, you weren't really on my radar. However, now that we are reduced to 4 people, that makes it easier to do a re-read and see things that I didn't see or didn't think much of the first time around. If you had good reasons for all the things I pointed out, then you should have no problem addressing them, right?
poppinpuffin wrote: I don't think saying I'm more suspicious of Hjallti than anyone else is distancing. I think it's exactly the same as saying "you're at the top of my list" or anything of the like. And it's kind of ridiculous if you would agree that being suspicious of someone is distancing. I think that distancing is being suspicious of someone just to go along with the crowd, or when scum preemptively distances before their buddy has actually done anything scummy.
It's a common scum distancing technique to say that you find a scumbuddy very suspicious or scummy, but then never really pressure/vote your scumbuddy. You make it a point to say that you are MORE suspicious of Hjallti than everyone else, but you don't even FoS him. If it's exactly the same as saying "you're at the top of my list", then that would have made Hjallti your top scum suspect, yet you don't pressure him. That's what I find odd.

Incidentally, you didn't respond to my second question; the one about your camisade question. Response?
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:27 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

pulsewidth wrote:
poppinpuffin wrote: I really can't say I feel strongly about Camisade being scum. I know several people are very loud in their accusations of darko-cam pairing, I just don't see that much substance behind it. Might be the best we've got to go on for now though.
Can I ask who thinks Camisade needs a vote and who thinks Camisade needs to be lynched?

I don't like this question. Why are you asking people whether camisade needs a vote or needs to be lynched? You should be using your own deductions to determine that. This gives me a feel of scum testing the waters to see if it's safe to throw a vote out there.
Right, forgot to address this one.
I use my votes differently from some people in that I really only vote people if I want them dead. I find that heavy duty pressuring early on especially, leads to more mislynches and mistakes than I'm willing to be responsible for. I see its place in the game, but I don't like to take part. Be that as it may, I was hoping to find out who really wanted camisade dead and who was just pressuring at the time, seeing as we have been having a lot of trouble getting conversation going (myself included in the blame. *shame on me :(*). In retrospect I can see why that looks odd, but it's more important to get people's reactions out (which other townzpeoples can use later at endgame) than to keep yourself from putting your neck out there. Finding scum is more important than looking the most innocent of all people in the game.
Show
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Smashy »

Ok, I know there's only four people left. I also know that that is not an excuse for this kind of activity. I don't want to deadline the game at this point, but if the activity doesn't pick up in a hurry it will get a deadline, and it will not be a long one.
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Smashy »

Albert B. Rampage is voting Zodiac. Noone else is voting. That's your vote count.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:41 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

Well, I still think that a no-lynch is the best way to win the game. If we have an SK, our hope is that he gets the mafia. If we have a pro-town vig, even better.

Vote: No Lynch
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:15 am

Post by Zodiac »

pulsewidth wrote:Well, I still think that a no-lynch is the best way to win the game. If we have an SK, our hope is that he gets the mafia. If we have a pro-town vig, even better.

Vote: No Lynch
I second , that's a
Vote : No Lynch
is better than a lynch at this point since we really aren't sure of the scum.
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:12 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

pulsewidth... I thought you think that I'm scum.
why wouldn't you be voting me now instead of no lynch?
Show
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

poppinpuffin, go back and read the conversation between me and ABR concerning SK/Mafia win scenarios. To my understanding, if we have an SK, then even if we lynch mafia, that would leave us with 2 town, 1 SK going into night. SK makes a NK, and then it's 1 town, 1 SK; SK wins. Same scenario plays out if we lynch the SK; mafia NKs and then its 1 town, 1 Mafia and mafia wins. Of course, if we mislynch, game over. *If* we have a pro-town vig, then we can lynch the mafia and still win, but I don't think we have a pro-town vig based on the NKs.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:29 pm

At this point, I think the SK knows who the mafia is, and the mafia knows who the SK is, and they are both pushing for a no-lynch...
Smashy
Smashy
Goon
Smashy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:23 am

Post by Smashy »

Deadline: Friday, September 14th, 8 PM EST
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by poppinpuffin »

Vote: zodiac

D i e s c u m .
Show
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:30 am

Post by Zodiac »

Okay, that's it. Roleclaim: I am indeed the pro-town vig. Someone may question it, but i am. And this role has a special part , as i
have to kill
every night , and if i don't choose a target , it will be random.

If you still think i am scum , go for it and vote, but it's then your fault if the town loses.
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:32 am

Post by pulsewidth »

unvote

Voting without providing a good reason at this stage of the game is a no-no. Both ABR and poppinpuffin have not given good reasons for their votes, yet poppinpuffin's vote seems more opportunistic. I believe Zodiac's claim, mainly because of the way it's worded, so I'm deciding between ABR and poppin being the scum, leaning towards poppin.

FoS: ABR

Mega FoS: poppinpuffin
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:26 am

I'm almost sure he's lying about his role...

Like I said at the beginning of the day, before Zodiac acted so obnoxious, there is still 2 killing factions. Zodiac will most certainly die tonight, whether he is vig or else. But if Zodiac targets a townie, we lose...so I return to where we were, except the contingency of having a vig is added.......one that I do not believe to be true.

Zodiac, why did you kill the people you killed in the previous days ?
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

You know why I'm voting you Zodiac.
We should not be no lynching today.
If we need to boost activity or something to find scum, then we need to do that.
This is not a situation in which to no lynch.
Nonononoooooo.
Show
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Zodiac »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm almost sure he's lying about his role...

Like I said at the beginning of the day, before Zodiac acted so obnoxious, there is still 2 killing factions. Zodiac will most certainly die tonight, whether he is vig or else. But if Zodiac targets a townie, we lose...so I return to where we were, except the contingency of having a vig is added.......one that I do not believe to be true.

Zodiac, why did you kill the people you killed in the previous days ?
Gatorguy was at random. I didn't just know who was scum and who not, so i decided to let it go off random. And Hjallti was the scummyest person i came to see ,and decided to NK him, and he was scum afterall. The night 1 kill was at random.

And, as for the no-lynch, i think ill
unvote
for now still. Even if we don't lynch scum, i can still NK the scum, if i know who is the scum. But now i realized that if we lynch someone it is a higher probability for town to win, if we have only one scum left, and that has to be the situation.

Remember, i will have to NK , so that adds a factor, if i don't know who's the scum, it goes random, and that affects the game's result, if i don't know who's scum.
Zodiac
Zodiac
Goon
Zodiac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:46 am

Post by Zodiac »

Oh, and about one thing:

If it is 2 people left, me and the scum, which one will win?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”