Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Felissan »

Looks like a lot has happened already.
VOTE: mykonian
I just don't get a town vibe from you, myko - let me do a breakdown of your ISO:
: instead of starting straight away with a RVS, you question the flavor in Keyser's. Not starting with RVS is weird, questioning something as insignificant as the reason for a RVS is weird too. Nothing read-worthy by this point, still.
and : that's your RVS. A bit convoluted and arbitrary, but hey, that's a RVS.
: you admit to your vote originally being a joke. That's perfectly normal. But then, you say "lolwut is going on" is a scum slip from herrcombs? I just don't get it.
: you provoke BBT about not following on your wagon. Now that's just weird: the reasons behind a RVS aren't the kind of thing worth questioning, and that's the second time you do it. Again, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe.
: everyone's favorite post! You answer Dwlee who was saying it was too early to have an actual read, by showing him an "actual" reason for a read - but first, the reasoning behind that read just doesn't hold together (this post has already been shot down for that by Dwlee, herrcombs, Keyser - nothing to add to what they already told), and second, if you actually read Garmr for that, why would you keep your vote on herrcombs? Your vote on herrcombs was originally based on a joke and an ethereal scumslip, so how would that be less scummy than an actual point?

Before anything else, I have a few questions for you: what was the point asking people about RVS? What was herrcombs's scum slip? And also, everything ever said about 37.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Felissan »

Rule number one of reading anything i say: there may be an euphemism in there. If you didn't understand that as "I do them all the time", then don't even bother reading what I say.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Felissan »

In post 63, mykonian wrote:Doesn't really matter feli. It's a glorified gut read and it's wrong.

It's not a gut read anymore since I caught up to post 34, and you saying it's wrong just doesn't bring anything to the table. Think of some relevant stuff to say before pushing that Submit button next time. Also, make sure you don't contradict yourself in one post like you did in , might be useful if you don't want to be obvscum in my eyes for the rest of your life.

If you want me to justify what implosion thought to be questionable, without any euphemism this time: first, remember i tried to show my reasoning as I re-read your ISO. I put in post 8 through 16 because they just complement with the other things that were wrong with your play, to show those weren't just one-time weird stuff happening. I don't say anything about them straight away, but they do make later posts into stuff that makes the buzzer go beep.
implosion wrote:I really don't see any reason at all to care about myko vs Dwlee. It seems unproductive.
Anyway, let's actually look at the points in this post:
In post 48, Felissan wrote:Looks like a lot has happened already.
VOTE: mykonian
I just don't get a town vibe from you, myko - let me do a breakdown of your ISO:
: instead of starting straight away with a RVS, you question the flavor in Keyser's. Not starting with RVS is weird, questioning something as insignificant as the reason for a RVS is weird too. Nothing read-worthy by this point, still.
and : that's your RVS. A bit convoluted and arbitrary, but hey, that's a RVS.
: you admit to your vote originally being a joke. That's perfectly normal. But then, you say "lolwut is going on" is a scum slip from herrcombs? I just don't get it.
: you provoke BBT about not following on your wagon. Now that's just weird: the reasons behind a RVS aren't the kind of thing worth questioning, and that's the second time you do it. Again, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe.
: everyone's favorite post! You answer Dwlee who was saying it was too early to have an actual read, by showing him an "actual" reason for a read - but first, the reasoning behind that read just doesn't hold together (this post has already been shot down for that by Dwlee, herrcombs, Keyser - nothing to add to what they already told), and second, if you actually read Garmr for that, why would you keep your vote on herrcombs? Your vote on herrcombs was originally based on a joke and an ethereal scumslip, so how would that be less scummy than an actual point?

Before anything else, I have a few questions for you: what was the point asking people about RVS? What was herrcombs's scum slip? And also, everything ever said about 37.

8: "weird, but not a scumtell"
12 and 16: purely information, no analysis.
20: "I just don't get it."
34: "Just weird, not alignment-indicative, but giving me a scum vibe."
37/the rest of it: some basic questions to myko.

The analysis of 34 is so hedgey. Not indicative, but giving a scum vibe anyway? If something is giving you a scumvibe then by definition you think it's indicative that the person in question is scum. There's so much description of myko's play as weird rather than scummy. No analysis in that post seems worthy of justifying a myko vote to me, it just feels opportunistic. Plus there's what I already said about the "i don't get a townvibe" part.

8 shows that 34 wasn't just a (admittedly dumb, someone's early vote is theirs) joke but something with your overall behavior, and 12 and 16 don't have much to say about them by themselves - but again, they showcase the same "I need an occasion to vote THAT person" attitude as 20.
For 20, I said I didn't get what the hell you meant when you said herr did a scum slip. Again, let me quote that post.
In post 18, herrcombs wrote:lolwut is going on

Your reaction to that was "but now that scumslip. This is actually interesting." I don't see a scumslip, and if there is one, it's not "interesting": it's an average RVS post from someone who has already voted.
In 34, when I said it's not indicative, I meant it's not something that would seem scummy out of context. But you don't plant a nail with one big hit, you do it with several small ones. Analogies work like euphemisms, btw.
Everything after that was not just some basic questions - I showed further how 37 was absurd than people did before, and I asked not just basic questions to you: I was asking what you thought you could possibly be doing with all these posts that made you look scum to me.

Also, finally, this post is just wrong as a whole - it was not analysis, it was just pointing out the words I used. It doesn't say anything about my reasoning. Plus, it doesn't make sense in the first place how he saw I said "I just don't get a townvibe from you" without carefully reading the entire non-vote-tagged part of the post.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Felissan »

I'm really sorry for my inactivity, I was pretty busy today. I did do my best to at least read the game, expect more tomorrow.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Felissan »

Mod, could we get a votecount? I'm starting to get consused right now.

Since the last time I could be active in-thread, mykonian has pretty much redeemed himself - I can see how him being trigger-happy on the early-game poking is just a tactic to get more info, and he's pretty much done his best to shape the debate to encourage people to be more active and speak of the important topics. I'd still like him to answer some questions that were asked a long time ago, and some posts still feel unnecessary in the middle... (I'm looking at you, ...)
UNVOTE: mykonian

I've definitely got a scum read on Garmr now, but I'll put it on the back burner for now - I'll wait for it to be really blatant before wanting him dead, we wouldn't want to lose a legit PR if it turns out we're wrong, even if it's just a BP.
My read comes from a few points: first, his original mykonian vote just felt overly defensive, and he stood on the wagon for no more explicit reasons than that early read from him. Second, he's been pretty agressive about the myko wagon, in particular with and - it sounds like he expects people to join his wagon for great justice without even considering the fact that we may have different reads on myko, which just sounds like a lazy approach to scum-hunting. And of course, his claim was just the icing on the cake - spontaneously claiming a PR is apparently not something that's particularly scummy, but if he was meaning to soft-claim in , why did he immediately claim when questionned about it? And why did he claim BP right after that, even though it breaks the whole purpose of being one?

For now, my vote will go somewhere completely different...
VOTE: Hieirama
The wording in some of his posts just has a feel of uneasy scum (constantly insisting on whether his play is scummy or not, worrying too much about not doing enough) - I mainly think of these lines:
In post 118, Hieirama wrote:I made that readlist, you're right, to contribute a little bit more than a one-liner. I'm not sure how that's scum-oriented?

In post 168, Hieirama wrote:Scum can casually give opinions on recent events too, though, its not just a Town thing.

-snip-

Kind of. I'll restate it: "I'll attempt to form an analysis even though I don't fully get what's going on, because it's much better than lurking around."

I'd like to put a bit more pressure on him, hence my vote.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Felissan »

Sorry about inactivity again - busy with studies, tired from being sick, all that kind of good stuff.
To give a quick update on my reads from what happened lately, I have a town read on BBT (gave a lot of effort catching up on the game, giving new points on old posts) and a null read on Lalendra (I like how she's been more active, but she just gives some neutral opinions on many things without judging a lot).

PEdit:
Lalendra wrote:I would still prefer to lynch Garmr but I would not be opposed to Dier as a compromise lynch, because yes, I am undecided and would be interested to see how he reacts.

Did I just read that right? I don't see how you would agree with a lynch on someone you don't have an opinion on...
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Felissan »

Prod dodge...
I'm not that good at keeping up with the game, I'm actually considering replacing out.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Felissan »

I've taken my decision. I was unable to do anything constructive in the game for all D1, so I don't think I was ready to go back into a game.
Mod, I'll replace out.

(I took this decision before coming back home, I didn't know pistachi0n was hammered)
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”