It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:23 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Polter and YB still have yet to post.

Lemming:
Lemming1607 [24] wrote:sorry, he voted for the 3rd person on the bandwagon, not the second...didn't see Emp there
Actually, he did vote for the second person as well (me) in [8]. Which you certainly did see, given that you quoted it in [22]. Rather, the player on Samruc’s “bandwagon” who Samruc didn’t vote for was *you*.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Unvote: Samruc

I don’t like Lemming or Shanba. Actually, I don’t like Lemming *and* Shanba. They’re both trying way too hard.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Sir T:
Participate or ask for replacement. Or be lynched. This is not acceptable.

Khelv:
Likewise, except your options seem to be participate or be lynched.

Simenon:
What are your current thoughts about Shanba?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:42 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I'm serious.
Vote: Sir Tornado
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:43 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Sir T:
Sir Tornado [66] wrote:You do realize that I voted for YB
before
any one else voted, don't you? At that time, he had zero votes on him.
Absolutely. But you maintained your vote on him until he hit lynch-2 without ever explaining your reasoning. You kept an opportunistic silence while posting elsewhere on the site multiple times per day. Which is not to say that you’re wrong about Shanba’s lack of talent at distancing, but next time explain it to your mafia partner by a pregame PM.

Lemming:
The mod is placing vote counts at the top of each page (ie every 25 posts). Which this post of mine will induce. So, what’s your new excuse for not contributing?
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Lemming1607 [77] wrote:<snip>What have you done besides call out lurkers and play town leader?<snip>
Let’s clear some things up right now about this game, for Lemming just as much as for everyone else.

There are no cops. There are no protown nightabilities. There are 3 confirmed innocents. That’s it.
The town will not win unless they can deduce mafia from dayactions.
(I’m going to ignore the possibility of mafia stupidity resulting in a town win, because in that case it almost doesn’t matter what the town does.) That requires players to be active during the day- *all* players. (Strictly speaking, the masons do not have to be active, because their alignment can be ascertained otherwisely; but it’s foolish for them to act differently.)

Now, examine the join dates of the players of this game. Mine is by far the earliest. So, barring replacement shenanigans, I expect to be a high profile target. I think there is a good chance I will not be alive D2. So if I want any chance of affecting the game, I’m going to have to do it *now*.

Look at who’s posted recently. Compare that to who I’ve been calling out. Then compare who hasn’t posted with who I’ve not. It’s an interesting enough correlation (albeit not perfect) that I think I want to follow up [60] with
unvote: Sir Tornado
and
vote: Khelvaster
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:33 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Simenon:
Simenon [81] wrote:<snip>
You don't expect the mafia to go after the masons first?
They might. They also, assuming the masons are all playing with a hint of intelligence, shouldn't know whether I'm a mason or not by N1.

Sir T:
Sir Tornado [82] wrote:EmpTyger: It is not my fault that others started building up the YB wagon. I feel odd that you call me out for not giving reasoning for YB vote sooner, and then ignoring my reason altogether (do you find my reason for voting YB scummy?)

Also, I see that YB is lurking more than I was. You haven't called him out for lurking either. May I ask why?
You had been posting significantly in other threads on the site. It was your silence I found suspicious, not your initial vote.

For some reason when I was checking posting rates I thought that YB hadn’t been posting anywhere else one mafiascum; rechecking now I see that he hasn’t. :? This does change things, but I have to run now- will rethink later. Thanks for pointing this out.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Simenon:
Simenon [84] wrote:<snip>In a game where the only power roles are masons, are you suggesting that the masons will be challenging to pick out?<snip>
If played correctly, yes, at least initially. As the game proceeds, perhaps not.

And, let me turn it around: In a game where the only powerroles are masons (who know that they’re the only powerrole), are you suggesting that the masons *won’t* be challenging to pick out?

Lemming:
Lemming1607 [77] wrote:Ok firstly, just because someone has a earlier join date to this site does not mean they are new to mafia...for example me. I've played on other forums quite a few times, and am not new to mafia. Be very careful treading down any, "I'm the earliest join date so therefore this stuff will happen" roads.
Good for you. Now, when the mafia are deciding who to kill, and who’re threats, do they have any idea about your personal history? No. If you want me to point to recent relevant precedents, I can.
Lemming1607 [cont] wrote:Talking about who the scum will kill is WIFOM, and just leads to WIFOM arguments later in the game.

You're right about there being no cops, but even if there were investigation roles, that is still not an excuse to lurk. Vanilla townies are just as important to the game as cops, docs, or masons. The less discussion there is the easier it is for the scum to win.<snip>
I completely agree about this. I wasn’t advocating doing something based on what the mafia would or wouldn’t do. Rather, I was defending myself against your “what have you done for us” accusation. Because I’m not got to lurk quietly around because it’s only page X and day Y. I’m not going to assume that I’ll be around to share my thoughts on a later day. If I see something suspicious, I’m going to state it.
Lemming [cont] wrote:Also one thing that scum did in the last Friends and Enemies game was "buddy up" to players, and try to fabricate false connections between other players. Just something to keep in mind.
Do you feel this has happened in this game, either in general or in a specific circumstance?

YB:
Still not sure how I missed your lurking, but Sir T is entirely right. I still like my vote on Khelv at the moment, but that may change if you do not start contributing.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #93 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

<shrug>

Masons:
Don’t be stupid.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:29 am

Post by EmpTyger »

I’m going to be rather busy until Friday, and am not sure whether I will get a chance to post before Saturday. Apologies in advance. I trust the town will manage to have lurkers called out and be led should I be absent.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

For the foreseeable future I do not think I can reasonably expect to be able to participate in this game. I have apologetically asked the mod for replacement. Good luck and have fun.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”