Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:22 am

Post by Lowell »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lowell, why would you want a rival bandwagon so close to deadline ?
Honestly?

Cuz I'm bored.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

(sigh)

Mod: Can we get TrustGossip replaced before deadline ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

It is impossible to get a replacement at this stage before the deadline and receive an adequate response for a lynch in time. However, I'm extending the deadline to Monday, August 6. A no lynch will occur if a decision cannot be made.

Deadline Extension: August 6, Monday.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:58 am

Post by =Confused= »

Lowell wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lowell, why would you want a rival bandwagon so close to deadline ?
Honestly?

Cuz I'm bored.
Well at least I got a reason... :roll:

Mod: I think we could also do with a prod on Dusk and Sweeny as well. I think it's been a couple of weeks since they have both posted I think.

I'd also like to see STD to actually give some content and even a reason for his vote on me would be nice.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 am

Could you not use the mod's font to avoid confusion, confused ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Aimee »

8. Lowell

Right, I've not got much time, but here goes.

Lowell starts off by making what seem to be very random early game comments. Absolutely nothing out of the norm here, and I'm not supremely concerned.

I don't really have much to say about his day 1 behaviour. It's pretty flat out against ryan, Jordan and Albert, to some extent, yet his overall thoughts on lots of players are missing.

I'm more interested in his Day 2 behaviour, mainly this:
Lowell wrote:Innocent:
Lowell
Albert
STD
Jordan

Potentially Not Innocent:
Aimee
Dusk
=Confused=
Sweenytodd
TrustGossip
No reasons given for anything. I'm particularly confused about why Albert is in the innocent section, since Lowell was pretty against him until then.

Most of Lowell's play thus far has been gut-related. I've seen this in some other games too - I personally find it to be quite sloppy play, but it's his playstyle, and he ain't gonna change. Nonetheless, I don't find his play particularly outright - in other words, I don't think his play so far has had any real indication on his alignment.

I think a good indication of Lowell's alignment would be a TrustGossip lynch, since he seems to have tried to form a counterwagon against TG onto Confused, along with STD. I'd look more towards them if TG turned up as scum.
Dusk
Dusk
Goon
Dusk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Dusk »

I'm around, Confused. I don't need prod.

I still say get TG! Whose with me! My vote hasn't changed this Day.

Confused hasn't been around that long and Primoris didn't do much. I'd rather hold off on a vote on her. I haven't heard anything tell tell, and definite enough from me to lynch Aimee. So these other votes are not moving me.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Post by Aimee »

Here's an unofficial vote count.

TrustGossip – 3 (=Confused=, JordanA24, Dusk)
=Confused= – 3 (ABR, STD, Lowell)
Aimee – 1 (Sweeny)

Not Voting: Aimee, TG

I will definitely be away until the deadline - this will be my last time on until probably Tuesday (I'll be tanning in France for a while!), so I'm going to place my vote now:

Vote: TrustGossip

Not only is he the scummiest in my eyes, but it would be the most informative lynch - if he is scum we can look at those trying to form a counter-wagon on =Confused=. If town, we would look at everyone particularly who voted for TG, and pushed his wagon. So overall, I see no real disadvantages with lynching him.
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:36 am

Post by =Confused= »

I don't think ABR is voting me.

I'm pretty shocked at the lack of interest/activity with the deadline today, I would ask for an extension but I doubt we'd get one. Where is everyone?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:28 am

^ QFT

I was gone camping for the weekend, but now I'm back and I have a dozen games to catch up, sorry if I start off a bit slow!
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I will post a day/night transition scene extremely soon. The deadline is passed so I'm assuming the town has finally agreed to a course of action. The thread is locked until I tally up the votes and find out the
nolynch
results.

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Vote Count 1 for Day Two

Primoris (1) : Albert B. Rampage

TrustGossip (4) : =Confused=, JordanA24, Dusk, Aimee

Aimee (1) : Sweenytodd
=Confused= (2) : Save the Dragons, Lowell

Not Voting (1) : TrustGossip

The Maximals and Predacons bickered on how to combat the alien threat. After exterminating the first alien, they realized that there may be more among them. How to combat the threat, they disagreed upon. The Maximals wanted to do a scan and simply try to avoid all violent actions. The Predacons just wanted to exterminate and rip all suspects piece by piece. Due to their disagreements, they were unable to make a decision on what to do with TrustGossip. Before they could make a decision, several energon waves were detected from an unknown source and they set out to investigate.

Day Two ends in a no lynch. It is not Night 2. Please send in your night choices.

chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:15 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Day Three

After investigating the energon disturbances, you found out that you left behind Save he Dragons and Sweenytodd. Returning back to base you see them dead.

Save The Dragons, Megatron (Mason)

Sweenytodd, Vok (Mafia)

Got people complaining about the long night. Sorry, I've been busy with college move-in day and all sorts of crap. Since I got all the night choices, I'll just open the thread and have you people discuss. I'll edit the details later.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Vote: TG

Sweeny being scum further suggests that TG is (probably) our last scum, though, it looks like we still have an SK.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:40 am

Yeah but why does Sweeny's death increase the odds of TG being scum again ?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 am

Post by JordanA24 »

He voted Aimee rather than go on the TG bandwagon, and rereading his analysis (Post 624), he came up with this for TG:
Sweeny wrote:TrustGossip: I don't mind the pressure on Trust, I feel like he has slid under the radar thus far... I have liked his analysis of the game to this point, though I can see Confused's issue with fence-sitting... The one play which I didn't like was his end-of-day jump on Ryan. It seemed overly definative when I don't believe the evidence supported it...
He paints quite a scummy picture of TG, and yet, on his final scumlist, he puts TG...
Sweeny wrote:Aimee
STD
Jordan
TrustGossip
4th. Doesn't fit to me. He put this...
Sweeny wrote:JordanA24: Claimed RB, still un-confirmed. Seems to have backed off of his D1 play an awful lot, going from this:
JordanA24 wrote:
I've already posted all the evidence that there is for Lowell being scum, now it's up to the rest of the town to believe me. I'm willing to put my head on the line if Lowell isn't scum.
to this:
JordanA24 wrote:
TG, if you've been reading recently, you'd realise that I now think Lowell to be protown.
If anything, it seems that D2 has sobered Jordan a bit, he seems more tentative than he was D1. Would like more analysis from him atm, his D2 posts have been a bit lacking in content (I know, pot calling kettle black... bite me).
...before TG, which seemed scummier to you from that analysis, me or TG?

Couple that with how scummy TG has been anyway, I'm 99% sure that TG is our last scum. If we're quick, we can save the mod the trouble of finding a replacement.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 am

Btw who did you roleblock yesterday ?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 am

Post by JordanA24 »

TG. I didn't really have an idea who might have been his scumbuddy. Isn't it annoying how it becomes so obvious who it was when it's revealed.

Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:52 am

Post by Aimee »

Just to confirm, the Voks are the enemies?

And the Maximals are all good?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:53 am

Post by Aimee »

Also, we cannot yet lynch TG. We need to throughly discuss things.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:54 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Aimee wrote:Just to confirm, the Voks are the enemies?

And the Maximals are all good?
Yeah, well, there might be a Maximal/Predicon SK, but the Vok are the main scum.

=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:18 am

Post by =Confused= »

JordanA24 wrote:Couple that with how scummy TG has been anyway, I'm 99% sure that TG is our last scum. If we're quick, we can save the mod the trouble of finding a replacement.
I agree with Aimee that there is no need to be quick with our lynch today. I'm still thinking TG is the scummiest but it's been awhile since I've read this game. Gonna have to look back though what happened yesterday.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 am

I really dislike this:
Aimee wrote:
5. Sweenytodd

Sweeny is someone who has been, for many people, including myself, seen as highly pro-town
. I know several players like this, and the way they act so pro-town ends up making them unreadable. So, I'm going to be delving a bit deeper into his posts to try and spot anything even remotely scummy.

First up is his opening analysis.
As expected, it's pretty flawless - lots of good points
. I agree with every single point he makes in this post, which definitely gives me confidence that we are on the same wavelength. Despite this, I don't exactly like his conclusion:
Sweenytodd wrote:I am also suspicious of Teffc but I want to wait on a replacement... Most of Teffc's posts have made little sense to me so maybe another player will have a fresh perspective. I also would like to hear from Jordan about why he is so quick to defend Ryan and what the case is against Lowell, Your post #114 is pretty weak so if there is more of a case please point me to it.

People I feel neutral about are almost everybody... I can't read Albert well with his post restriction which frustrates me, I liked Aimee's summary but would like to see some follow up to it.

Person I feel to be town: Hackerhuck... throughout the game I have read his posts as very strongly town and looking for scum, he is the only one I have a strong feel about...
I get an odd feeling here - most players he basically feels are neutral,
which is quite a non-committal stance*
. I'm going to give him plus points for his HackerHuck comment, and minus points for his "I feel neutral about... almost everybody," which has a level of non-committalness that makes me uneasy. I'm also slightly leary of the way he backed down from ryan's pressure concerning sweeny putting him at -2. However, my initial thoughts are that he is incredibly pro-town - I am really nitpicking here.

That said,
he is very consistent, and is very helpful, asking good questions and following them up effectively
. He makes a case against Teffc and Jordan, and defends Lowell from ryan and Jordan. I agree with all his posts. One thing that worries me is that he hasn't given his thoughts on every player coherently - there's been a lot about ryan, Lowell, Teffc, with less on some of the quieter players (including myself and TG), even though he tends to ask everyone questions.
I'm not concerned he was on the Jordan wagon seeing as he justified his suspicions very clearly and concisely.

He was, as Lowell said an early voter of Fraggle, but even at the time I worried that he was sitting back after he voted, which was why I asked him how he felt about it.
His response was good and I was reassured.

After being absent for what seems like genuine real-life reasons, he comes back and (finally) gives clear thoughts on each player. I generally agree with his analysis of every player (with the exception of my own and Dusk). I don't really see how not voting for 10 pages is a particularly bad scum-tell - I am genuinely cautious with my vote. I also do not see how Dusk is the most pro-town - even though I think she is pro-town, I would not call her the most pro-town.

So, overall, I find Sweeny to be very pro-town like I expected. Although I have a few minor issues (the way he labelled most players neutrally in his opening analysis, and a few issues with myself and Dusk in his most recent one), I don't really see this as an inherent scumtell.

However, I would not at all clear Sweeny - I've got my eye on him, because as I have said before, people who always appear pro-town like this can become dangerous later, especially if everyone begins to trust them too much. At the moment, I do have no real issues other than the above with Sweeny. I think he is pro-town.
I have a huge problem with this post. Aimee flatters Sweeny and showers him with all the compliments in the world, and couples her "doubts" with really bad arguments.

Note the part in bold marked by a *

She says that he seems neutral and non-committal, while we can all agree that Aimee has said that everyone in the game is pro-town. The only two players she was suspicious of were Lowell and TG, two players of which she provided analysis extremely close to deadline.

Anyway, I think we should wait until TG can get replaced.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:32 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Alright, we'll wait for a TG replacement, but he deserves some votes on him at the very least, and the replacement probably needs to roleclaim.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:39 am

Well, that said, I don't think Aimee is Vok. I have a good pro-town feeling about Dusk; Jordan, well he hasn't been successful in any of his RB attempts but I believe him; Lowell is probably neutral, might be Vok, but odds are rather slim; Confused is rather unreadable for now; and TG, well...we haven't had anything on TG for a long time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”