Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:52 am

Post by Mert »

Vote: Patrick
. Too many broken promises :(
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:19 am

Post by Mert »

He promised Shanba and I in Scumchat that if we signed up for this game we could all be scumbuddies. I feel betrayed... betrayed I tells ya :cry:
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:13 am

Post by Mert »

Unvote, Vote: Ms Piggy
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Mert »

Shanba wrote:town wants to lynch scum.
That's such a WIFOM point.

Unvote, Vote: Shanba
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Mert »

I prefer the Xyzzy wagon to the Shanba wagon, if I'm honest.
Unvote, Vote: Xyzzy
. We need more wagontasticness though, fo' sho'.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Post by Mert »

HH, please don't mistake my vote-hopping for attempts to quicklynch. Votes => wagons => reactions => information. I don't believe this game has got past the random voting stage particularly and that is because there hasn't been any real drama to speak of to get the game moving. My votes will become more "serious" once we start getting some decent reactions from people. Right now, this game needs more wagon, definitely.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Mert »

Xyzzy hasn't contributed a single post to this game that wasn't a one-liner joke of some kind.

Let's look:
xyzzy [16] wrote:Bandwagon
vote: Patrick

Lynch all liars.
xyzzy [21] wrote:Obviously, since he didn't know why Patrick is lying.

They're scum buddies, for sure. :D
Okay, we're still in the random vote phase so I guess these are excusable to a point. But let's continue.
xyzzy [25] wrote:WIFOM!
So starts the Xyzzy-Shanba WIFOM debate (for the record, Xyzzy was wrong).
xyzzy [27] wrote:Thinking about how scum might respond to a tactic - "Can't use it too often though, scum might think up a way around it" - is WIFOM. Duh.

FoS: Shaba
, for pretending to not notice the blunder.
It's not WIFOM as Shanba pointed out far more elegantly than I would have done...
xyzzy [39] wrote:WIFOM: One of Shaba's hobbies, apparently.

He's obvious scum. Why are we wasting time discussing the issue?
Le sigh.
xyzzy [49] wrote:Rishi is scum for not starting the discussion on his own. He's the obvious lynch choice today. If you disagree, you're an idiot.
Erm, right. Reasons phail anyway, let's just not bother with them. The one reason he does give is incredibly weak.
xyzzy [55] wrote:No, I was using my favorite start of game tactic: attempt to start a crapwagon on someone and then explain that, wait, no, that's how I always play.

I fail to see how that's how you play; you lead the town toward the middle of day one. I do it immediatley then watch what it starts.
So your tactic is to be totally scumtastic and then, rather than even seeing who jumps on it which might have
some
merit, you would just say you always act scummy at the beginning. Erm. Don't do that, unless you love getting lynched on Day One for some reason.
xyzzy [63] wrote:Not a quicklynch, but vote hopping just the same.

Mert: i herd you liek mudkips?
This comes dangerously close to some content, but just saying "you're vote hopping" isn't really good enough, given the lack of any other content at all so far.

So Xyzzy, you've made nine posts so far in this game and
every single one
screams "lurking in plain sight" to me. So come on, before you end up being wagonned to death,
who do you think is scum and why?
Try to give a non-flippant, non-single line answer.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Mert »

Oh and claim too while you're at it.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:21 am

Post by Mert »

Yes, Heaven forbid that someone might want to try and play Mafia in this thread :roll:
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:18 am

Post by Mert »

xyzzy wrote:Oh, you're right! There's only one protown playing style - your's of course - and anyone who doesn't have that playstyle (me) is obvious scum.

Golly, since I use these basic tactics every game, I must always be scum, which is strange because I'm not.[/sarcasm]

Mert, stop being a frickin' moran.
Well done for managing to make another post whilst again not contributing a single thing toward finding scum. Seriuosly, congratulations. Just for clarity, is your playstyle you just refusing to actually play?

Can you find me posts you've made where you're genuinely looking for scum or trying to help the town? You can't blame refusing to help out your playstyle and then say I'm a moron for not liking the fact that you're doing that. That be craplogic.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Mert »

somestrangeflea wrote:I sooooo want to vote, but I think you'll kill me if he's Townie...

Because, and I don't know why, people seem to notice the person who puts someone at lynch-1 than the person who actually hammers...
FoS: SSF
. This looks to me like someone in defense mode... if you are protown then your job is to help the town. If you believe Xyz to be scum then you shouldn't fear your personal death if he's town, you should concentrate on the greater good of the town.

This post reads like you know he's townie... hmmmm.
Unvote
while I mull this over.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Mert »

Patrick wrote:Oh man. I can tell this is going to be a frustrating game. We seem to have so many oppotunistic people. I agree that SSF's mindset is scummy though I've seen it from some inexperienced town as well. But the vote's still happy on Mert, since he's ignored my question and I feel like he'd know better than to ask for a claim based on so little.
On the contrary, I'm coming around to the idea that one claim on Day One can actually be very beneficial for the town in terms of information. Not particularly on Day One itself, but as we approach endgame it can be very interesting to see reactions to the request for a claim (ie. who supports it, who thinks it's stupid), reactions to the claim itself and the true alignment of the claiming and requesting players if they die before that point.

It clearly wouldn't be appropriate in all games, but I believe that in this one it certainly could be. We're already getting some information from the request for a claim and my reluctance to answer your question immediately stemmed from the fact that this was essentially an information-gathering exercise that I didn't want to put a stop to too soon.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Mert »

Patrick, I'll concede that my asking for a claim that early was a gambit but I plan to reread all the posts regarding the claim in a couple of days once we know more. If I'm totally honest, I wasn't particularly expecting him to claim immediately, at least not without at least a few other players asking to, so the way other people react to my post will be useful info later. Except that's kind of stopped now people know my intentions, but I think we might have something we can use, if nothing else. Even those who posted but ignored my request for a claim are giving us info.

On another note, I've been thinking about this a bit... I think it's probably unlikely that scum would choose Cop and Doc for the power roles due to the power this'd give, so in my opinion there's probably a vig out there someplace. This could help us in the coming days, for sure. Pure conjecture/WIFOM/whatever, but I'm just thinking aloud right now about the setup.

Thoughts?
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by Mert »

Haha, note to self: read the other roles in the game before spending time trying to work out the setup :oops:

Please ignore the latter paragraph in my previous post.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Mert »

I hope everyone has made a note of SSF jumping off the Xyzzywagon and on to mine, giving me three votes and Xyzzy two. Avoiding a non-existant deadline by hopping off one three vote wagon to create another seems noteworthy.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by Mert »

SSF, why bring up a deadline or the possibility of one if it was not for the purpose of putting us in "we might get deadlined" mode. You could have merely pointed out that you were worried about it being a possibility or tried to generate discussion by asking questions / taking action.

The thing is, the fact that you both attempted to put everyone in deadline mode
and
tried to start a wagon that was, by your own admission, completely baseless says to me that you'd subtly convince everyone to get into bandwagon mode, increasing the possibility of a quicklynch.

I'll probably vote for you once we've had a votecount.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Mert »

schismatized wrote:@Mert: when you refer to "you both," who do you mean? I dont think you were talking to me but who knows?
I mean he did both things, not "both people". He did both
a
and
b
. I can see how my post might have seemed ambiguous, but I wasn't aiming it at anyone other than SSF, I promise :lol:
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Mert »

Go town!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”