Super Smash Bros

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ive been trying to get better at smash4 playing for glory as a Yoshi main, but just the skill difference between players is a bit much. Seems like maybe one out of five people you get matched with are of generally equal level. Rest of the time there is a noticeable split in skill where for one side to lose it usually takes a well punished error.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 57, BROseidon wrote:Does the online matching system not have any sort of MMR?

It supposedly does, but if I play for an hour or so I will run into at least a few people who I can two stock and a couple who are going to be two stocking me. Most matches seem to be around the 70-30 split for who is winning.

Other problem is lack of characters you get to play. Easily 50% of all matches are one of ten characters.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 60, BROseidon wrote:
In post 58, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 57, BROseidon wrote:Does the online matching system not have any sort of MMR?

It supposedly does, but if I play for an hour or so I will run into at least a few people who I can two stock and a couple who are going to be two stocking me. Most matches seem to be around the 70-30 split for who is winning.

Other problem is lack of characters you get to play. Easily 50% of all matches are one of ten characters.

Having 10 characters take up 50% of what's being played is really good for a fighting game. Melee has 13 characters you can play in tournament and not get laughed at for playing, and that's huge.

The fact that its that many show where I stand in ratings. Still have people using Lucina over Roy and things like that. Its almost all: Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Rosalina, Sonic, Mewtwo, Mac, Mario, Lucina, Link, Ness, Villager. When someone is using something else, they tend to either be really good, or really bad at an alarmingly high rate.

There are some characters like Peach, Bowser Jr, Olimar and PacMan who I have no clue when I saw last
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 77, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 73, Vi wrote:Sm4sh may as well be called Super Grab Bros. though.

That might be because every character and their mother has a counter.

Good thing about people who counter too much is you can punish them very hard by baiting it out. I find people throwing out two quick counters is more dangerous due to the inherent online lag.

I have also found if you grab someone at a ledge sometimes grab release will get a kill just due to people trying to immediately DI out of what they think is going to be a throw. Its another one of those good little Yoshi troll kills like neutral B
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “The Arcade”