Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Sefer »

While there hasn't been as much posting as I'd like, a few players have put a lot of effort into their posts, and so I'm going to extend the deadline to one week from today,
Monday, July 30th
. This will be the only extension; that is the final deadline.
As a reminder, I will be at comic-con from the evening of the 25th to the 29th. This will give me very limited access, so please continue to treat each other curteously and keep posting while I'm gone. If anyone wants to post updated vote counts during this time, feel free to do so; only scum would intentionally mislead the town with a false count, of course. Any pressing questions should reach me before Wednesday evening (Pacific time).

Day 3, Fifth official vote count:

Occult (3): Thesp, gorckat, Paradoxombie
somestrangeflea (1): Peter Venkman
Paradoxombie (1): Occult

Not voting: Occult, Aimee, Lateralus, somestrangeflea

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Sefer on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Post by Occult »

heh.

There is a simple answer to my lurking: I forgot about this game.
Hammer: Was accidental (Horrible mistake on my part).
PZombie: Is scum.
My out of the blue vote was an attempt to help conversation a bit, I haven't done much in awhile maybe my lynch (and a bit more discussion on it) could help the town.

Right now I'm at -2, I would suggest some more discussion before you lynch me but whatever you think would be the best.

Just remember that if I'm town (and I am) Lynching me puts you in a lynch or lose situation (4 on 2, assuming there are three scum) tomorrow (which is why a bit more information would be useful).
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 pm

Post by Aimee »

Why are you so vehement that Paradoxombie is scum?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:13 am

Post by gorckat »

Occult wrote:Just remember that if I'm town (and I am) Lynching me puts you in a lynch or lose situation (4 on 2, assuming there are three scum) tomorrow (which is why a bit more information would be useful).
I think he just confirmed himself as scum. Or he's drunk posting, because his math makes no sense.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:15 am

Post by gorckat »

If it is 5v3 now, then lynching town makes it 4v3 and a succesful NK endgames us (barring special abilities, although given the recent MD thread, even that is up in the air) at 3v3.

If its 5v3 and we hit scum, it goes to 5v2 and the NK makes it 4v2.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:13 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

I'm still learning this game.

If someone's math doesn't make sense, he is scum?

Gork... you really seem busy bussing.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 am

Post by gorckat »

I'm not bussing, I'm pointing out facts- I'm not scum. If he's a townie, how does lynching him make it 4v2 like he said?

What I meant was his math doesn't make sense as a townie. What he said makes perfect sense as scum, per my examples.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Occult wrote: There is a simple answer to my lurking: I forgot about this game.
Hammer: Was accidental (Horrible mistake on my part).
The fact that you only say these things now is pretty damn scummy. What kind of person accidentally hammers but doesn't point out there own mistake for a month? In the same vein it's odd to forget about a game and not mention how you forgot when you start posting again. I think it's obvious that you are calling your actions accidents once they are pointed out as scummy and not immediately after you make them as any authentically mistaken townie would/should.

Also, I agree with Gorckat's reasoning, but I can't decide if such a slip is worthy of consideration as a scum tell. It's close.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by gorckat »

I start moving tomorrow. I didn't want to bring it up while the deadline was the 25th because I didn't want the scum to know I'd be afk, so to speak. Since the deadline is pushed back to Monday, I'll have guaranteed access by then and am comfortable saying so now.

I don't know exactly when I'm gonna break down my PC, but I could be back on as soon as Friday, plus any peeks while at my brother's, since he's helping me move and I'll be picking him up and dropping him off.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:46 am

Post by gorckat »

So no other opinions on Occult's LYLO math? Or anything?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by Aimee »

I'm highly unimpressed with Occult's answer, and subsequent lurking. I shall probably place a vote nearer the deadline.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:07 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

gorckat wrote:So no other opinions on Occult's LYLO math? Or anything?
Oh, Occult's LyLo math fails.
paradoxombie wrote:Also, I agree with Gorckat's reasoning, but I can't decide if such a slip is worthy of consideration as a scum tell. It's close.
IMHO, it is a scum tell.
Occult wrote:My out of the blue vote was an attempt to help conversation a bit, I haven't done much in awhile maybe my lynch (and a bit more discussion on it) could help the town.
I really don't think that conversation was actually
lagging
that much, simply because Aimee's analyses had already sparked discussion. Seemed to me like a desperate attempt to throw suspicion elsewhere...

Vote: Occult
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:59 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Occult>

How do you feel about Gorckat and SomeStrangeFlea voting on you?

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Thesp »

I've got to pack before I fly out. I'll be back Sunday evening. Sorry. :(
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Occult »

I was under the impression that we had killed a scum already. I don't see why that matters too much.

I really don't like SSR's vote, it feels like he's distancing himself from PZ in the case I don't get lynched or the NK doesn't go through.

Gorc is pushing every BS reason he can to get me lynched. It does raise my suspicion of him even though I had felt better about him before.

Because this is a LyLo situation (I thought we were in better condition) I'm going to guess that most, if not all scum are on my wagon (not a hard conclusion to reach)

If I had to name who was scum I would say: Pzombie and SSR
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:17 pm

Post by Aimee »

Occult wrote:I was under the impression that we had killed a scum already. I don't see why that matters too much.

I really don't like SSR's vote, it feels like he's distancing himself from PZ in the case I don't get lynched or the NK doesn't go through.

Gorc is pushing every BS reason he can to get me lynched. It does raise my suspicion of him even though I had felt better about him before.

Because this is a LyLo situation (I thought we were in better condition) I'm going to guess that most, if not all scum are on my wagon (not a hard conclusion to reach)

If I had to name who was scum I would say: Pzombie and SSR
I asked earlier why you were so vehement that Pzombie is scum. You still have not answered this question.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Aimee »

No more posting? I guess I have heard enough.

vote: Occult
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Post by Sefer »

Day 3, Sixth official vote count:

Occult (5): Thesp, gorckat, Paradoxombie, somestrangeflea, Aimee
somestrangeflea (1): Peter Venkman
Paradoxombie (1): Occult

Not voting: Occult, Lateralus

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Occult has been lynched. Lynch scene soon.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Post by Sefer »

The town continues to discuss amongst themselves. A few settled on Paradoxombie as scum, until Lateralus spoke in his defense. Only Occult seemed unconvinced.
"He's scum, I tell you!"
"Well, that makes me think you're scum."
"What? Don't lynch me! If you do, there will be two scum left tomorrow."
"That's pretty much what we're aiming for."
Alas, after lynching Occult and examining his body, though, you discover that he was simply a vanilla townie that was bad at math. Your daily trip to the saloon turns out about the same as the last two did.
Occult, vanilla townie, has been lynched day three.

Night three has arrived. Anyone with the ability to communicate outside of the thread may do so from now until I announce day. Anyone with night choices, please get them to me in the next 3 and a half days (84 hours). Failing to get a choice to me by then means you will not act night three.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:10 pm

Post by Sefer »

Lateralus sneaks through the bushes around gorckat's house, intent on investigating him, unaware that he was being followed by a shadowy figure.
Reaching the house, he peers into the window, just in time to see gorckat shot down! He rushes inside, catching somestrangeflea with a gun in his hand.
"Ha! We've finally found one of you out! You're sure to be lynched today, I know that kind of gun can only be fired once a night!"
"I wouldn't be so sure about that," says Aimee, stepping in through the doorway and shooting Lateralus in the back.
"I'll save you, Lateralus!" shouts Paradoxombie, who'd been following Lateralus all night in the hopes of keeping him safe.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that, either," says Thesp, stepping out of his own hiding place to finish off the town's nurse.

Peter wakes up and stumbles to the town's meeting place. He is met by the rather disconcerting sight of three scum, weapons drawn, grinning widely.
"It was you all along! You killed them all!" Peter screams, pointing at Thesp.
"Hey, I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy," says Thesp as he points to Aimee. "That was her. But you're right that I was in charge all along."

gorckat, vanilla townie, is killed night 3.

Lateralus, deputy (cop); Paradoxombie, nurse (doctor); and Peter Venkman, vanilla townie, are endgamed.

Thesp, godfather, and somestrangeflea and Aimee, goons, win! Congratulations, scum!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

I knew Thesp was scum (and told him so, over the phone xD) -- the other two I was dead wrong about.

Well played scum! Good modding Sefer.

It is funny how half my games as town I get N1 killed for being too townie and the other half I get D1 lynched for being obv scum...
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Sefer »

All scum players had this as their win condition:
You win when at least half the remaining players are part of your mafia.

The godfather (DLMF/Thesp) had this additional text:
You’ve killed the sheriff because he was the only one that might have a chance of detecting your evil. Anyone remaining with an investigative role will detect you as innocent.

The deputy (John/TeamQuiggan/Lateralus) had the town win condition and this:
You are the local deputy. With the sheriff dead, you are doing your best to take his place. Each night, PM me the name of a player, and I will respond with a Guilty or Innocent result.

The nurse (Ichigo/Paradoxombie) had the town win condition and this:
You are the local nurse. With the doctor dead, you are doing your best to take his place. Each night, PM me the name of a player and that player will be protected from being killed for that night. You may not protect yourself.

I had the godfather (well, in theory; Thesp had a knack of disappearing when night choices were due, so I was accepting them from whichever scum sent them) pick who among them would kill each night. This didn't really matter, with no tracker, roleblocker, or similar role that would affect outcomes differently based on who killed, but other than the hint in the godfather role that he'd be investigation immune I didn't want scum to know what power roles the town might have.

The flavor of the cop and doc dying before the game started was intended to make the town less likely to believe doc and cop claims, since the doc/cop combo can be very powerful if the cop claims early.

Night actions were as follows:
N1:
Mustafa15 kills pickemgenius
Paradoxombie protects Peter Venkman
TeamQuiggan investigates Peter Venkman (innocent)

N2:
Mustafa15 kills CrashTextDummies
Paradoxombie protects Thesp
Lateralus investigates Paradoxombie (innocent)

N3:
somestrangeflea kills gorckat
Paradoxombie protects Lateralus
Lateralus investigates gorckat (innocent, but moot)
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:25 pm

Post by Sefer »

Guardian wrote:I knew Thesp was scum (and told him so, over the phone xD) -- the other two I was dead wrong about.

Well played scum! Good modding Sefer.

It is funny how half my games as town I get N1 killed for being too townie and the other half I get D1 lynched for being obv scum...
Thanks, Guardian!
I think it's your icon that makes people suspicious. Don't you know that mafia players think backwards?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

Well, thanks for a fantastic game all, and a personal commiserations to Occult who I
just
managed to out-town!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:52 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Nice job scum! Well played. Thanks for the game Sefer, even if I have been sitting out the last 15 pages :(
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”