RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Garmr, E is still alive. Don't blame her because Jeanne was a crappy player.

Also, without looking at the rest of the DT, my prediction for the scumteam is pisskop, Green Crayons and Peace.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

That Skold wagon was a real travesty. I should've fought it harder. I didn't want to come off too strong against it because I thought I could assuage Sotty and ABR. I did not know Sotty would be so stubborn nor did I know ABR would check out. ABR ought to replace out. He's literally killing the town.

BBT, Sotty and ABR need to form a bloc. ABR voting BBT straight away is so sad.

My guess is the scum will win this game. Leaving E alive is ballsy though. If the town has hope, I think it lies in E and BBT working together.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Who knows, maybe Sotty is scum. That would explain her coming after me. My gut and my brain tell me she's town, but you never know.

If I'm right and Sotty, ABR and BBT are all town, then the scum really did right to shoot me. I can almost guarantee you I wouldn't have lynched those three and would've worked very hard to get them to follow me in a pisskop or a Green Crayons lynch.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Err, yeah, I forgot. Sotty and Green are masons then. I was thinking Sotty was a cop that investigated Green.

Okay, I revise my prediction to pisskop, Juls and Peace.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

pisskop, really? I haven't read the spoiler, but y'all aren't convinced by my case at all, Reg?

I maintain pisskop is scum. I see no way a scumteam could exist without pisskop. I may be wrong about ABR being town... but pisskop has to be scum. I'd stake money on that. There is definitely three scum based on the power so far.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I think ABR is town. Strongly, strongly misguided town, but town nonetheless. Especially after just playing with him as scum. Let me put it this way, if ABR is scum, then meta is dead to me forever. I already dislike it, but it's really, really dead to me going forward if he is scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I knew you were town, BBT. I don't think your play was particularly bad at all.

That lynch was a travesty. Maybe ABR is scum after all. I don't understand his going after you after the dialogue you two had on D2.

I don't know. I kind of wish I hadn't have replaced in. The Jeanne/Equinox slot. I got to be honest, I am not satisfied with that performance at all. Surely E was just too busy to be effective, but I wish she'd have replaced out. The scum gamble to keep that slot alive has so far proven to be an extremely wise decision.

Gamr, you hardly have room to talk about "pretty much having it right" when you quickhammered a VT before he had a chance to claim less than 2 days into D1. That was an incredibly poor decision and it hurt the town significantly.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 34, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I think I need to play more with you RC. You always say what I want to say but you say it clearer than I ever could and I want to learn how to do that. I'm trying to start playing more with some people whose game I respect immensely and you're one of the people on that list (town game at least, don't believe I have seen you as scum) so would like to improve my own game through playing with you.

I appreciate you saying that, BBT. That's very sweet. <3 I actually don't think I have a particularly strong town game. I actually strongly dislike being town and always prefer being scum. In fact, I only play Mafia for the opportunities to be scum. I wish I could somehow getaway with never being town. :twisted:

Personally I think you play very well, but I may be bias because I think our town playstyles are very similar. I can tell you some other players to look toward, however. You may know/have played with some of these people already:

DGB - In my opinion, she's the best town player on this website. She's succinct but extremely perceptive as well. If you see an opportunity to play with her, I strongly recommend it.
Nachomamma8 - He has seemingly unlimited stamina for Mafia. He can play in 10 games at a time and be competent in all of them. He's very down-to-earth and can write in a way that relates to most anyone.
Regfan - Extremely thorough and will impress you with how detailed he can get in arguments.
Empire - Fun guy to play with that is straightforward.

Other notable people: shos, StrangerCoug, zoraster, Vi, springlullaby, Sotty7 (I don't think this was her best game, but she's a very solid player), Zachrulez, Incognito, popsofctown, camn, roflcopter, TonyMontana, Rhinox, qwints, LlamaFluff, hiphop, d3x, Hoopla, elvis_knits, hitogoroshi, Cyberbob, Faraday, curiouskarmadog, pablito, AlmasterGM, AurorusVox, Percy, ... there's a ton more that I am leaving off, but if you see any of these players, you should certainly seek them out as they are all very solid players to interact with on this website.

Garmr wrote:Red tbh i pretty much thought the guy would flip town but the environment that was set up made me want to die so i rushed to night phase to do so.

Whatever. If that's how you approach games, then do me a favor and never sign-up for a game I am in.

You need to learn to be a bigger person and play to your win condition regardless. You are ALWAYS going to have players on your team that may be "weaker" or an "environment" that may be hostile to you. You have to play through it and play to your alignment regardless.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

1) Equinox now has the opportunity to turn the tables. If she doesn't, I will be very disappointed. Not shooting her on N2 was a gamble that paid off, I think... but not shooting her on N3 was a bad move. I think this is overreach and could very well blow up in their face.
2) Sotty, I still love you. I didn't realize until very late in D2 that you had other information on sns/GC (the post I changed my vote was when I realized it). I wish you hadn't used it to antagonize me, but you did so-so overall. The game is still winnable. It hurt that we couldn't get that Scarab/pisskop lynch off though. I felt really strong about that and I hated that I couldn't get you/ABR/E to join me on that.
3) I don't care who gets the credit as long as the town gets the win!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 38, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're doing yourself a disservice then. I have seen you multiple times as town and you were pretty solid every time. FWIW, I also enjoy being scum more :)

I have played with DGB once I think, I was scum and she lurked pretty hard. Just recently finished a game with Nacho, I was scum and he lurked/wasn't great (though, the whole of town were pretty shit tbf).

Played with Reg twice. Just finished a Team Mafia game with him and we were both scum, he was pretty fucking good. In my first ever game on MS, I fooled Reg (I was scum, he was town). I'm still very proud of this given the respect I know a tonne of people on this site have for Reg's game.

I think, IMO, the top 3 townies I have played with are You, Green Crayons and zMuffinMan. ZMuffinMan is IMO the best scum hunter on his site.

Muffin is killer. He's really good. We butt heads a lot, but I very much respect his talent. I haven't played with GC before to my knowledge, however.

I'm very surprised with your interactions with DGB and Nacho though. I find them to both be very strong, but YMMV. If you sign up for any micros/minis, do let me know. I'd be happy to join you. Also if you mod and you want me as a player, I'll be happy to join. Although right this very second is kind of bad as I've told you about in PM because I've got a lot on my plate right now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Goodness, if E could find a way to dedicate a couple of hours to the game she'd be so on point... I know it. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I... I just don't know if I can ever love Equinox again if she breaks my heart this game. I don't care if she gets it wrong... but if she doesn't even try at all after the scum team left that slot alive so long, I will truly be heartbroken. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I take it that ABR is scum by the way y'all are talking. So ABR/Juls/pisskop then, I guess? I underestimate ABR, I think. He's a pretty damn good player. If he's scum this game then this will be the second game where he has totally fooled me as scum.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Juls is scum? Really? That's freaking intense for a scumgame... I still haven't spoiled it for myself. D:

Return to “Completed Game Topics”