Votecount

YogurtBandit
(1)
Crub

Not Voting
(4):
Rishi, YogurtBandit, Guardian, Somestrangeflea

III.
Last edited by Mert on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:42 am

Post by Rishi »

YogurtBandit wrote:Well, What do you want me to do it on?
If you read the thread carefully, you'll know. Consider that part of your assignment.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by Guardian »

YB, you have less than 24 hours. Read the thread carefully and do what was requested of you. From what I know of your other games, none are under a deadline or you are needed or whatnot. This should be your #1 mafiascum priority.

I am fairly sure you will be checking this site tonight or tomorrow. You have a me-imposed deadline here.

Do what was requested of you, or my vote will be going back on you. If you
need
an extension let me know. Otherwise, get your job done, or my vote goes to you sometime tomorrow evening.

If you are somehow town
and
don't do this, I will be very, very angry with you mate.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Guardian »

Vote: YogurtBandit

You are posting all over the site and not here. I expect a good explanation. Well, sadly, I don't expect one, but I sure would like one. If you are a townie getting mis-lynched, you really need to reconsider how many games you are playing in and your commitment to them. :|.
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

I know, you are right... and I would be a townie gettinhg mislynched.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by Guardian »

Oh yeah? Care to spend the next hour reading the thread and doing what we asked you to do a week ago to prevent this?
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Rishi »

We've given YogurtBandit more than enough chances to defend himself. I think we've been more than fair. YogurtBandit obviously doesn't care if he wins or loses. It doesn't even matter whether or not he is town. If he is scum (which I think is semi-likely), then he could have won the game for the scum by posting something semi-reasonable.

Vote: YogurtBandit
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

You feel good about this lynch Rishi? Kinda fast :x. I hope YB is scum.
Do not lynch me.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 pm

Post by Mert »

Day Three Final Votecount

YogurtBandit
(3)
Crub, Guardian, Rishi

Not Voting
(2):
Somestrangeflea, YogurtBandit

That's a lynch!
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Mert »

It wasn't long before the accusations started flying about YogurtBandit's role. Amid cries of him having had enough time to respond, you decide that enough is enough and string him up. Unfortunately, you later discover that he was nothing more than a simple
Townie

YogurtBandit, Townie, Lynched Day Three

~~~

It is now Night Three - get your choices in to me before 6pm BST, Friday 27 July (just a touch less than 48 hours from this post).
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Mert »

What a few days it has been. So far, many people have lost their lives. You fear that last night was probably no different and you find that you are right, as
Somestrangeflea
is as dead as they come.

Somestrangeflea, Cop, Killed Night Three

~~~

It is now Day Four. With three alive, it's two to lynch!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Rishi »

Huh. I thought somestrangeflea was Mafia. Who the hell was he investigating?

Also, I was half-expecting to be dead, so I am not sure what to do here. I probably should read this thread again.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:15 pm

Post by Crub »

Well that was completely out of left field. Guardian is away for another day I think, so I'm going to reread and wait for him to come back.
Moo?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Rishi »

Oh I didn't realize Guardian was away. I never check the vacation thread. Yeah, we should definitely wait for him before we do too much here.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Post by Crub »

Ok, I've re-read and assume that you're back Guardian. (In the next 12 hours at least)

This sucks, I was convinced that one of us 3 was going to be dead today and flea was the remaining scum. I cannot believe that flea targeted DGF and ripley for his investigations, but there is no other explanation why he wouldn't have claimed yesterday.

Having said that considering I have to pick one of you two I'm going to say that after the re-read Guardian is the last scum in my opinion.

On Day 1 it appeared as though AmeliaLi was trying to defend HH's actions:
AmeliaLi in post 28 wrote:Ummm.... Hmm! You guys need to remember five votes arent a lot and its easy to put someone at 2 away....
As for right now I have no vote.
AmeliaLi in post 54 wrote:
DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Lateralus... His third vote came with the words "out of randomness." Like he had to say that? Like he had to try to remind everyone that it was random? Lateralus removed his vote with "I like yogurt." Um... Okay?

HH didn't remove his vote. He bandwagoned on my random vote (which I reasoned with I don't like fleas) with a reason for voting for SSF, something about him jumping the gun? It was a vote with dice, a random vote. I got voted for because they don't think fish should be in mafia. Those are random reasons. Giving an actual reason or saying "it's random" seems... Odd to me.

Not sure which one is scummier... I'll vote when there's more reason to vote rather than beginning-game mistakes...

FOS Lateralus
FOS Honorary Hitchiker
I like your point about the explination of the random vote by saying it was random. It really doesn't make much sense. But I don't think that is enough to FoS them.
On Day 2 AmeliaLi didn't do anything except for hopping on the Lateralus bandwagon without an explanation other than to agree with what Rishi said
AmeliaLi in post 129 wrote:I agree with what you say about Laterus. DG might've been hitting too close to home with the scum and they thought they needed to get rid of her. With that my vote goes to Lateralus, for now.
Vote: Lateralus
On Day 3 Guardian replaced in and voted YB right off the bat. He also lied about his read on AmeliaLi
Guardian in post 158 wrote: I think I am town, from my read -- AmeliaLi seemed town to me. If I get a scum role PM I will be quite surprised.
Guardian in post 169 wrote: Lol, to be honest, I was lying that I would have been surprised to get a scum role. I am really surprised to get a pro-town role. The voting history spoke volumes to me, but... I'm town xD.
Guardian you were also wishy washy with your scumdar yesterday it's like you were keeping your options open for a you/me/rishi endgame:
Guardian in post 158 wrote: Yeah, I think if YB isn't scum, it is probably Rishi (or me, lol, I still have no role PM yet. I am playing assuming that I am town...). Crub and ssf seem town like.
Guardian in post 178 wrote: Crub -- he feels townlike, there is one post of his that gives me pause -- where he blatantly defends HH. I am not sure about him, but though I thought he was townlike earlier, he could be scum. Watch out for him in endgame if I'm dead :P.
Rishi -- I think he is town, because of his hammer on HH. Scum tend not to hammer their partners....
YB, any last defense, or any claim, would be nice. I think he is our last scum, with an outside chance of Crubscum or Rishiscum.
Guardian in post 181 wrote: Maybe I am making too much out of it, but it leaves just a bit of suspicion in my mind that Crub could be partnered with HH.
However, as it gets later in the game, I do wonder why Crub is still alive...
Guardian in post 242 wrote: If YB is not scum, either SSF, Rishi, or Crub bussed HH day one.
Crub I don't think did it, because his vote was on from so early and for so long, it just seems unlikely.
Rishi, I think is also unlikely to have been busing - he hammered. His play has also been townlike.
Guardian in post 259 wrote:You feel good about this lynch Rishi? Kinda fast :x. I hope YB is scum.
Also I found your insistence to go last in the claim order a bit scummy.

I feel that Rishi has played a consistent pro-town game the only things that raise minor suspicion to me is his hammer on HH without new information after advocating waiting for more content. His over friendlieness yesterday, and the hammer on YB yesterday. Considering though he had 2 other opportunities to quick-hammer YB yesterday I can't see Rishi being scum.

Guardian I'm going to wait until you post before I vote you, but do you have anything that can persuade me to change my opinion on you or Rishi?

Rishi what do you think?
Moo?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 am

Post by Rishi »

Crub wrote: Rishi what do you think?
Not lurking, but off to work right now. Expect a post when I get back, within the next 8-10 hours.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Guardian »

Hmm, you have given me a lot to address.

I have a really good explanation for lying about my read: I lied about my read because I thought I was going to be scum. When I replaced in, I found out, to my surprise, that I was not scum. Townies have no incentive to lie, ever, so I revealed the truth.

Consider this very carefully: If I got my role PM, and was
scum
, I would have had no incentive to admit that I was lying. Only because I was town and I didn't want to confuse anything more than it already was confused did I admit that I had lied.

About A-Li: I think A-Li's play was rather indifferent. Her voting pattern looked/looks really scummy to me, but in terms of her words and actions, they can be read as disinterested townie.

About me setting up a you-Rishi endgame. Frankly, were I scum, Crub would be dead right now. Rishi was so convinced that ssf or YB would be scum, I would not have considered letting SSF live. SSF coming up as cop was quite a surprise to me.

Sidenote: I am guessing SSF wasn't
that
terrible at picking his investigation choices, and instead had an innocent result and messed up claiming :(. If that is the case, add him to YB to the people to be annoyed with if we lose.

More about me setting up a Crub-Rish endgame. My opinions definitely changed. I read the game, considered different things, and my opinions of others changed. If you want to hear more on that, go ahead and ask.

I am sill unsure as to which of you two is the last scum, though I am leaning Rishi, but only slightly. His hammer day one seems so good, but then again so does Crub's sitting on the wagon all day. I don't blame either of you two for day two, but I do find Rishi's hammer day three very quick -- I was hoping to finally maybe convince YB to post -- I ask again, Rishi did you feel good about the hammer and why make it before YB had a chance to respond to me?

Crub is a not a bad candidate because his voting history is much too perfect, and frankly because he is alive right now. I am WIFOMing myself to death with this, but it is so hard to see Rishi killing SSF last night. Really, it is about a tossup for me as to which of you is scum.

Honestly this is quite a hard endgame for me to figure out... I am currently 0/2 in endgames as town, and I would very much not like to go 0/3.

As for my insistence to go last in the claim, I think the whole claiming process looks good for me, not bad for me :?:. I mentioned the claiming process, and was instrumental in making the claiming happen. I think that having a good claiming process and getting us to claim was very good for the town, and though SSF was either a very unlucky cop or messed it up for us, my setting up the process (should have) helped the town.

As for wanting to go last particularly, I've explained that. I am a vanilla townie, and I knew I was going to claim that, and I wanted any potential fake claimers going before me. I would have expected everyone to want to go last, but maybe you all were less familiar with the claiming process than I am. In any event, you
agreed
to the claiming process, and when it was suggested that I go third instead of last I happily obliged.

Crub, this is not really relevant to you in making your decision, but as per my feelings on it I am quite torn. If you vote me and are scum that is great, because I was not leaning that way, Rishi will not quickhammer, and
he
will have to make the decision that you are scum, and not I. However, if you are town, I urge you to try and convince me of this and to not vote for me. I would very much like to get my first pro-town victory.
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by Rishi »

Well, the main thing that anyone said about me was my "quick" hammer on YogurtBandit. YogurtBandit had been hanging on by a thread for DAYS and we kept giving him more and more time. If you want to make an argument that YogurtBandit would have put together a good defense if we gave him another day, then either you're using incredibly bad logic or you're really naive. Since I don't think either is the case, it feels like Guardian is grasping at straws here.

I have not found it looking through somestrangeflea's posts, but someone must have picked up a coptell from him and that is the main reason he is dead right now.

So, when somestrangeflea turned up dead, I said to myself, "Okay, someone is going to use this as an argument.
Someone
is going to say they had no reason to kill somestrangeflea, so they can't be Mafia." Well, the truth is that none of us had a reason to kill somestrangeflea unless there was a coptell somewhere. I don't understand Guardian's argument. Sure, I agree that Guardian's best target, if he was scum, would have been Crub. My best target, if I was scum, would have also been Crub. Crub's best target, if he was scum would be either me or Guardian. So the kill doesn't make sense for any of us. I don't think we can use it to arouse suspicion.

There are only a couple things that strike me as suspicious about Crub. First of all, I wonder why he isn't dead. Also, he does seem to be hanging back a lot and is certainly being less overt than Guardian. A lot of times, the people who are scum are subtle in their methods.

But the evidence against Crub is so slight compared to the evidence against Guardian. There's AmeliaLi's voting patterns; there's the way that Guardian came out gunning before he claimed to have received his role PM; there's the way that Guardian has been subtly levying against every other player in the game to keep his options open; there's the fact that Guardian kept insisting on going last in the Cop Claim yesterday; and now there's the not-so-subtle begging to let him win.

If I get outplayed by Crub, I'll just shake my head and say, "Wow, good game. You outplayed me." If I get outplayed by Guardian, I'll feel incredibly stupid because the signs were all there and yet I chose to ignore them.

I will give Guardian another chance to defend himself, but I can't honestly see myself wavering from a vote on him.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, this is difficult. Both of you can't be scum, but both of you are suspicious of me :|. This doesn't do much to help me differentiate between the two. I am not going to focus on that right now though -- I will focus more on hunting if you like, but I feel that it is more important for me to focus on not getting mislynched right now.

As for my "case" on you Rishi -- the sad thing is if I decided I wanted to make a case on either of you I could do so convincingly. However, when I'm town, I tend to be unsure of myself and I don't like making cases unless I am pretty sure I am
right
. When I am town I sway more, which is what is happening here. I don't feel I am "grasping at straws", though I see how you could see it this way.

I agree with you on ssf, though someone could have killed him just for the wifom nature of his being killed. Your pointing out that you thought someone would bring this up makes me wonder if you've spent too much time thinking about this :|. Other than that this post by you feels townlike though.

I too wonder why he isn't dead. I don't think that me being "overt"/agressive is a scum tell, that is just me.

A-Li's voting patterns are bad. I can't really say much about that. The only thing is that if you look at when she posts and when the hammers happen, she can definitely be seen as uninterested townie -- and I guess that was the case.

I keep my options open as town -- I don't know for sure who is scum! As scum, I tend to do the opposite.

If you want to confirm the metagame of me on this, feel free to look at my wiki -- AM mafia day four is a perfect example of me doing what I am doing here as town. Mafia and Werewolves is a great example of how me being single-minded can be indicative of my being scum.

As for me not receiving my role PM, ask the mod about it. I am not sure if he will be willing to confirm it (though I hope so) but I guarantee that he won't say that he sent me my role PM before he said he did.

Me insisting on going last in the cop claim yesterday -- I already explained this. And I didn't go last, even when Crub said "SSF, go". I went third, because that was what we agreed on.

I am begging for a town win here. Whichever of you is town, I implore you not to vote for me, as a quickhammer will ensue. At the very least, give us a few pages -- if you end up voting me, I will understand, but if you vote me without giving me a chance to explain myself you will be added to YB & SSF in clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rishi, if you are town, you should feel bad if your play here results in a loss, regardless of me being the more "obvious" choice. I really am not going to be pleased if you are town and you quicklynch me and then go "oh well, Crub outplayed us." I also disagree that "all the signs are there" and that you would be choosing to ignore them. I don't think my play in this game is very indicative of me being scum, at all!

Again, I implore whichever of you is town not to vote me quickly. At the very least, for a page or so, don't vote me
first
. It is incredibly ironic how well I can build a case when I know who needs to be lynched :P -- and if someone votes and the other player doesn't hammer, then that player will be guaranteed to be town.

Any questions you have, please ask. If you are town and put a hasty vote on me, you are going on my
bad
list.
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Rishi »

Guardian wrote:Well, this is difficult. Both of you can't be scum, but both of you are suspicious of me :|. This doesn't do much to help me differentiate between the two. I am not going to focus on that right now though -- I will focus more on hunting if you like, but I feel that it is more important for me to focus on not getting mislynched right now.
You know, there's more to finding scum than just pointing the finger back at someone who is accusing you.
Guardian wrote:As for my "case" on you Rishi -- the sad thing is if I decided I wanted to make a case on either of you I could do so convincingly. However, when I'm town, I tend to be unsure of myself and I don't like making cases unless I am pretty sure I am
right
. When I am town I sway more, which is what is happening here. I don't feel I am "grasping at straws", though I see how you could see it this way.
You have not made a convincing case on either me or Crub yet. If you're really town, then you would give me a good reason to vote Crub. But you haven't given me such a reason.
Guardian wrote:I agree with you on ssf, though someone could have killed him just for the wifom nature of his being killed. Your pointing out that you thought someone would bring this up makes me wonder if you've spent too much time thinking about this :|. Other than that this post by you feels townlike though.
I have been spending a lot of time thinking about this. I hope you would to. We're at an important stage in the game. I don't think somestrangeflea got killed for the WIFOM argument. I think he got killed because someone suspected he was a cop. Then, I figured that someone could use the WIFOM argument to explain why somestrangeflea was killed.
Guardian wrote:I too wonder why he isn't dead. I don't think that me being "overt"/agressive is a scum tell, that is just me.
Fair enough.
Guardian wrote:A-Li's voting patterns are bad. I can't really say much about that. The only thing is that if you look at when she posts and when the hammers happen, she can definitely be seen as uninterested townie -- and I guess that was the case.
A disinterested townie or a scum flying under the radar.
Guardian wrote:I keep my options open as town -- I don't know for sure who is scum! As scum, I tend to do the opposite.

If you want to confirm the metagame of me on this, feel free to look at my wiki -- AM mafia day four is a perfect example of me doing what I am doing here as town. Mafia and Werewolves is a great example of how me being single-minded can be indicative of my being scum.
I don't care how you played other games - I care how you are playing THIS game. It's very easy to change up your playstyles between games and then point to another game as justification of your role.
Guardian wrote:As for me not receiving my role PM, ask the mod about it. I am not sure if he will be willing to confirm it (though I hope so) but I guarantee that he won't say that he sent me my role PM before he said he did.
I am inclined to believe you that you didn't receive your role PM at first. However, you were playing the game without knowing your role. You seemed sincere when you were doing that, and you seem sincere now. I think this actually works against you. It shows that you can seem pro-town even when you are lying through your teeth. It's a good trait to have, but it makes me less inclined to believe you right now.
Guardian wrote:Me insisting on going last in the cop claim yesterday -- I already explained this. And I didn't go last, even when Crub said "SSF, go". I went third, because that was what we agreed on.
You went third after I pushed for it. I was trying to get you to go FIRST and you refused. You were not being a team player during that claiming exercise - you were merely looking at things from your own perspective. That is what makes me suspicious.
Guardian wrote:I am begging for a town win here. Whichever of you is town, I implore you not to vote for me, as a quickhammer will ensue. At the very least, give us a few pages -- if you end up voting me, I will understand, but if you vote me without giving me a chance to explain myself you will be added to YB & SSF in clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.
I will not vote for you quickly. If Crub votes for you, I will not hammer without some discussion from you. But you have to set a reasonable length of time. I say that, if Crub votes for you, I will give you 48 hours to convince me not to hammer. If that sounds too short, let me know.
Guardian wrote:Rishi, if you are town, you should feel bad if your play here results in a loss, regardless of me being the more "obvious" choice. I really am not going to be pleased if you are town and you quicklynch me and then go "oh well, Crub outplayed us." I also disagree that "all the signs are there" and that you would be choosing to ignore them. I don't think my play in this game is very indicative of me being scum, at all!
Your opinion on your own play hardly proves anything. Heh. In my opinion, I am a handsome and sexy man. It doesn't make it true. I will feel bad if I lose, but I will feel a lot worse if I lose to you than if I lose to Crub.
Guardian wrote:Again, I implore whichever of you is town not to vote me quickly. At the very least, for a page or so, don't vote me
first
. It is incredibly ironic how well I can build a case when I know who needs to be lynched :P -- and if someone votes and the other player doesn't hammer, then that player will be guaranteed to be town.
I said I wouldn't hasty vote.
Guardian wrote:Any questions you have, please ask. If you are town and put a hasty vote on me, you are going on my
bad
list.
Aww, man. If I am on your bad list, does that mean I won't get a Christmas card and won't be invited to your birthday party? That kind of threat didn't work on me in 2nd grade and it doesn't work now. This is a game. For example, if one of my friends absolutely sucks at chess, that doesn't mean he's no longer my friend. Don't toss out-of-game threats at me for something that happens in a game.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:25 pm

Post by Crub »

Guardian, I am even more convinced now of your scummy-ness than what I was in my previous post. To me your defense seems to be a mixture between wifom arguments and appealing to emotion.

If you want me to change my mind, I think now is the time you should decide to make a convincing case on Rishi (I'm sure Rishi would want you to provide something on me).
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by Crub »

simul-post but similar opinions.
Moo?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Crub »

EBWOP: I know 25 minutes is a long time to claim simul-post but I'm posting from work and when I first loaded this page rishi hadn't posted. I gotta learn to use preview :(
Moo?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”