ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Checking in:

I'm still trying to catch up. I'm up to page 11. And also trying to keep up with the current posts, which are rather confusing to me having not read what led up to now yet.

It would be nice if you all held off on lynching until I'm caught up.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Also, seriously, get a new crypto. If Spambot is the only trusted one at this point, it defeats the purpose of having 2, and now the poor guy is backed up on stuff
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yos I asked you to become a field agent pages ago...still waiting on it.
(shrug) All right, I can switch Albert with one of the field agents. OTM and kenetic both look rather pro-town to me at the moment. Anyone have any preference about which one becomes the new crypto? I'm especally interested in what the SIA's think, as they'll be working with him.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, I'd still like Albert to explain why what he quoted proves FA is scum. The bolding really dosn't help; are you saying I should have yelled at you and spambot the first time you two started talking about who was sending messages to who?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ibaesha wrote:Checking in:

I'm still trying to catch up. I'm up to page 11. And also trying to keep up with the current posts, which are rather confusing to me having not read what led up to now yet.

It would be nice if you all held off on lynching until I'm caught up.
Glad to have you in the game, it's been a while. :)

We can't wait too long; we have to lynch before the end of hour 9, about 6 real life days from now, or I believe we lose a lynch, if I added right.

Let's see...

Yeah, we have to lynch hour 9, and if we can lynch hour 8 it's probably be better, just in case we lose another hour somewhere down the line. So while I'd love to hear what you have to say, we might not be able to wait long before we lynch.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Guardian »

I agree with Yos2 on this one. I will re-read again if possible, but we need to make a lynch. I thought he was trying to hurt the town with this earlier, but whether Yos2 is scum or not, I think that this does help us.

Think of this game as a speed game (which it
is
) with 8 days max and 9 irl day deadlines. We pretty much
should
be lynching every 9 days, as even though this is flavored and all it is still mafia and we can still win by lynching all the scum. Missing a lynch due to deadline is just as bad here as it is in a no theme nightless game with 12 players and 9 day deadlines.

I still like the FA play at the moment. No, the case isn't that strong, but I don't find anyone else to be a better play.

One thing I note, with pj and Ibby replacing in, I am quite scared if they are inheriting scum roles.
IGMEOY
you two (and Yos, sill), just because you are quite good players and I personally need to watch you closely if I am to find any of you as scum :P.

fyi: I will be on v/la for 5 days starting Wednesday -- I may be able to post once or twice, so not much of a problem, but when on vacation the question is if I will
want
to post :P.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

I still feel strongest about Guardian.
Vote: Guardian

I took it off earlier to try and see if something else would get going, but nothing did. I'm also not convinced that FA is any more scummy for RPing than Albert is for scummy being a dick. Granted they're higher than normal on my scum list, but that alone doesn't seem like reasons to lynch them.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by Kinetic »

As for the crypto position that Albert wants to vacate, I honestly don't think OTM is scum, he seems pretty town to me so I don't care if it is him. I am concerned by his association with Albert and Guardian, Guardian being my chief suspect and all, but I really don't have any problem with OTM at the moment.

I think I might have an idea that will make everyone happy, since suspicions have also been raised about FA (and I'll tell you the truth, I'm not completely convinced about him one way or the other), why not put FA as the other Field Agent, and put OTM or myself in the SIA position.

Also, Yos, I have a couple more questions, if you could invite me to your office when you get a chance.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:28 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic wrote:I think I might have an idea that will make everyone happy, since suspicions have also been raised about FA (and I'll tell you the truth, I'm not completely convinced about him one way or the other), why not put FA as the other Field Agent, and put OTM or myself in the SIA position.

Also, Yos, I have a couple more questions, if you could invite me to your office when you get a chance.
Hmm...I guess I could do that, but that would mean Albert was a SIA, which if he is scum is almost as dangerous as a crypto.

Anyway, sure.
Kinetic, I'd like to see you in my office
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

nono, that's not what I meant. I meant move both me and OTM off of Field Agent, move both Albert and FA to Field Agent, then move both OTM and I to either Crypto and SIA. That way we'd sort of nail two birds with one stone.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:09 am

Post by Spambot »

Actually, I didn't notice it before, but the result on Yos is phrased a little differently than the rest I've gotten. It's worded much more vaguely. I don't know if Pooky did it intentionally or it was a mistake on his part, but it might mean that the hacker sent the order. If the scum can do that, though, we are in serious trouble. Being able to screw with our info roles and ordering Jack to do bad things is pretty sick, even if the speculation that they are giving up kills to do it is right. If that's the case, that means the scum are focusing more on killing Jack Bauer or making sure the bombs goes off. Something to keep in mind.

That's pretty speculative, and the simpler answer is just that Yos is lying to us. It's definitely possible, but I'm still reading him as very strongly townie at the moment, so I don't think it's likely.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Checked out the Library of Congress. Nothing there.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:18 am

Post by ibaesha »

I have the next two days off of work and plan to be fully caught up within those two days. That should be enough time to lynch someone before deadline, I believe.

While it's been a consistent theme for Guardian since the start of the game to mistrust and cast suspicion on more experienced players, I find his latest post somewhat scummy. While he suggests the possibility of more experienced players in scum roles has him concerned, it's interesting that he fails completely to see the other side of the coin. More experienced players in town roles can also be extremely helpful to the town. It makes me wonder what Guardian is really worried about.

In addition to the above, I will state that Guardian is my #1 suspect from the first 11 pages and I completely see why my predeccessor chose him as his first investigation. The sheer number of times Guardian stated 'I am town' was the primary thing that caught my attention. The other is this consistent theme of his as mentioned above. While I understand that mafia is a game of suspicion, immediately trying to cast suspicion on experienced players for simply that raises my eyebrow.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

There's no deadline but we should lynch asap to get the most deaths possible in.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Reminder - we don't want scummy players in field agent roles. They can seriously mess with Jack Bauer.

I'd rather give suspicious players like FA no job.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm...lot of interesting suggestions here, but I think first of all I'd better make sure I get the move in, before hour 8 ends and the SIA's are sending more info. So first, I'm going to switch Albert and Kinetic, and we can figure out where else to go from there.

OTM: Even if FA is suspcicious (and I'm not really convnced by the case against him, but whatever) I'd rather have him being a SIA agent then have him with no role. We can take whatever results we get from him with a grain of salt, certanly, and re-evaluate later if and when we find out his alignment, but eh, it's probably better then getting no info at all from him, and it's always possible that if he is scum we'll catch him screwing with the results and prove it that way.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:36 am

Post by Spambot »

I still don't think turbo lynching is at all the way to go (this is the only thing I'm finding scummy about Yos currently), but I no longer think that lynching Guardian would be a turbo lynch. He's done so many things that have bothered me that I think it's more than worth the risk.

Vote: Guardian
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Off the Mark »

vote count?
I'll lynch Guardian hour 9 if it's a choice between that and a no lynch. Then if he comes up town, like I expect, we can go after FA and possibly Yos, depending on what has transpired in the meantime. Yos still looks pro-town to me. The only reasons I suspect him are CDB/FA's support of him and maybe he faked the hack. Besides that, I got nothin'.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:10 am

Post by Guardian »

ibaesha wrote:While it's been a consistent theme for Guardian since the start of the game to mistrust and cast suspicion on more experienced players, I find his latest post somewhat scummy.
Woah -- Ibby -- while I disagree with the constant theme bit, if you find that I have been doing that all game,
why do you only find this instance of it scummy??
If I saw someone doing that for only those reasons, I would find all of it scummy -- no!?

That being said, I am not even "casting suspicion" on you here -- I want you watched closely. Are you uncomfortable with that?
ibaesha wrote:While he suggests the possibility of more experienced players in scum roles has him concerned, it's interesting that he fails completely to see the other side of the coin.
Eh, the good scum side of the coin worries me more. That's why I said IGMEOY, I don't want to be duped by great scum. If you are great town, it will show by your finding scum for us. Yos2 has failed to make any great strides at doing so (sorry Yos :P) and you two are yet untested.
ibaesha wrote:More experienced players in town roles can also be extremely helpful to the town.
I repeat, if you are town, it will show. In the meanwhile, I am going to watch you closely. mmmk?
ibaesha wrote:It makes me wonder what Guardian is really worried about.
Not losing to good scum...?

I notice people voting me. I think I am pretty obviously town, and I've stated why. I didn't bother to read the first post, and I didn't get a role PM, and said so. If that makes me an idiot, or too jumpy, or whatever, that's fine, but it also makes me a bad lynch. I think I've responded well to any cases brought against me, and I think that, even objectively, a me-lynch is pretty obviously a mislynch.

That being said, the case on FA is not great either -- I just feel that he hasn't been helpful, has lurked, has tried to get us to buy a meta-defense that he always lurks, and while I will miss the roleplaying deeply I find his not helping us find scum to be scummy.

Note how I have a town tell on YB and defended him all game as obvious town and he got lynched. Note how I still stand by my read on Korran even though Kinetic is extremely misguidedly attacking me. Spambot I am not sure about, but if you read his posts you will see most of why he is attacking me is his disturbance about me voting him and unvoting him.

Again, I think I am pretty obviously a bad lynch. Someone has to be lynched, and if it is going to be me, then them's the breaks for the town. If I do get lynched, remember to look carefully at the people who are pushing my wagon (it is a discredit to my play that my wagon is almost always an easy wagon to push. whatever, it is an easy wagon to push, and I ask you to look closely at those doing so). Remember to not let the three "experts" glide by, and look closely at FA for "tomorrow's" lynch.

Eh, I
always
find it scummy when someone adopts a defeatist attitude, but here goes. This game has been the least fun for me of any game I've played in on here, largely because I have no clear idea of who the scum are -- nor do I even have a great case/idea on anyone. Also, I lost the director race, and have been the only player in a flavorless, vanilla role, the whole entire game. In a game with such a great theme, that is honestly quite infuriating and de-motivating.

I don't want to be mislynched in that I would very much like to win this game, but if you do want to lynch me and knowing me to be town will help you a lot in finding scum, then go for it.

I honestly think the wagon on me is *obviously* misguided, and as this post and me going v/la probably isn't going to make it much less easier for people to lynch me, I really ask that if I am lynched you look at the people who tried to start it and the people who jump on.

I think FA is a better play than me today, because I've contributed, and tried, for what that's worth, while FA has lurked and hid behind his roleplaying that he isn't really doing anything to help try and find scum. I will be on v/la Starting tomorrow, if you have anything you want to address, ask me tonight -- if you just want to hop on the easy wagon, go ahead, but I really hope the town looks at you with great scrutiny tomorrow.

I honestly think we had 6 obvious town in this game, in me, korran, yb, and the three latecomers. If more than one of those is scum, I'll be really surprised. Somehow, in my absence, we managed to lynch one of those, and it looks worse and worse that the town is going to waste a lynch on another. Whatever, honestly. If my lynch helps the town because the town can see how easy the lynch was and how people are jumping on just because they aren't willing to look hard for scum, then all the better for the town. If my mislych just hurts the town and we lose, honestly y'all deserve it.

Nightless typically has 4 scum 8 town. Maybe it is 3 scum 9 town here, but those are pretty much the only two options imo. For all I know, a wagon of 4 with 3 scum could lynch me at this point. SO again, watch the wagons closely.

If you manage not to mislynch me and instead lynch FA or some other good candidate, I will be due for a re-read Monday when I get back and continue to do my best to help find scum.

In sum, don't be idiots, and find someone else to lynch. Failing that, when I turn up town, look close as shit at those who join my wagon and stubbornly refuse to go after FA or anyone else.

That's my piece.

ps: I know I used the word honestly three times. Deal with it.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 am

Post by ibaesha »

Guardian wrote:Woah -- Ibby -- while I disagree with the constant theme bit, if you find that I have been doing that all game, why do you only find this instance of it scummy??
I don't 'only' find this instance scummy. It simply added to my other suspicions from reading the first 11 pages. You did read my post in it's entirety didn't you? And why would you disagree with it being consistant theme of yours? Did you not start off the game with stating suspicions of the most experienced players? Aren't you doing it again now?
Guardian wrote: That being said, I am not even "casting suspicion" on you here -- I want you watched closely. Are you uncomfortable with that?
In my mind, saying IGMEOY is about equal to a FoS so it is casting suspicion. Perhaps it's an opinion, but there it is. And no I'm not uncomfortable with being watched closely. I expect it, it's a part of mafia. Does it appear that I'm attempting to fly under the radar? I don't think so.
Guardian wrote:Eh, the good scum side of the coin worries me more. That's why I said IGMEOY, I don't want to be duped by great scum. If you are great town, it will show by your finding scum for us.
A healthy dose of paranoia I'll give you, but assuming all experienced players are naturally great scum is also a fallacy. I certainly wouldn't put myself in that category. As far as me (or anyone) being great town showing by finding scum, that's also a fallacy. People who are great town players can also be wrong on occasion and being wrong doesn't make someone scum. Just like being right doesn't make someone town. That said, I'll do my best to hunt some scum even if I am rusty after being away from mafia for the last 10 months.
Guardian wrote:I repeat, if you are town, it will show. In the meanwhile, I am going to watch you closely. mmmk?
Really? Doesn't that contradict your worry that you'll be duped by 'great scum'? Just sayin'.
Guardian wrote:Not losing to good scum...?
Or being caught by good town if you are scum. ;)

As for the rest of your post. I'm not ready to lynch anyone (including you) until I finish reading the game in its entirety. I do find that the healthy dose of paranoia you show in one area (experienced players) is completely absent when you're willing to essentially clear a full SIX people as town. Metagaming the entire first post/PM thing is a dangerous avenue to take, IMO. I know that it's been explained how any of those people could've manipulated the situation to make themselves look innocent.

Now then I still have about 30 pages to read, which I'll get to within the next couple days as I've said.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay. I haven't read much of the thread still -- I keep getting bored out of my skull when reading through the "director election" stuff -- but after asking Pooks about my role choices, I am already ticked off.

I am assuming everything EyceKing did was public, so I don't think I'm revealing super-secret information here.

I was apparently assigned to be a White House Liaison from Hours 1-4, and it took 4 complete hours to finish my job. But I was
switched away from my job at the end of Hour 4 thereby making all of those hours wasted
. From my understanding, Yos2 is the person who controls job switching. I want an explanation for why I was switched away from doing this, and
immediately
. I don't care if you've explained it before - you
will
type it out for me again. Switching me away
right when I was about to finish a mission
is completely stupid, especially since from my understanding even if I were scum I could not do anything to sabotage it, since lots of the other roles talk about how results could be tampered with, but there is no such qualifier for the White House Liaison.

Secondly. My next job was apparently, during Hour 5, to be an FBI Liaison. Funnily enough, my earlier job (White House Liaison) was apparently supposed to speed up FBI investigations by
three hours
(would have been helpful!) because I "put pressure on them" as a White House Liaison. I was then going to investigate Spambot, but then I was
switched again
!

Thirdly, I've apparently had to spend 2 hours investigating Convention Centre, because the first investigation was nebulous, but now it is confirmed (so long as sanity applies?) that it is undoubtedly clear from having a nuke.

So chop chop! Why has my role been made completely useless for an entire 5 hours (possibly 6, if you count the uncertain result for the first investigation of the Convention Centre)?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:01 pm

We were sabotaged, all the investigative roles were switched, all the jobs were canceled.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

PJ, you'll see what happened when you get to that part of the game, but I did not order the roles to be switched. Someone at CTU, some kind of scum hacker, hacked in to the director's personal computer, and sent 3 orders out in my name, disrupting the power roles and sending Jack Bauer into a trap.

The relevent events happened on hours 3 and 4; the first attempt by the scum to hack into my account failed, the second one, on day 4, suceeded, followed by the 3 orders hitting at the end of hour 4. Also relevent is the fact that, dispite the mod saying the scum can kill every 4 hours, the scum have not killed yet, which makes me supect that the hacking action took the place of the scum kill.

Anyway, you'll see it when you read that part of the game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

._. You can't be serious.

Could you link me to the post where this happens so I have a milestone to get to while reading? Argh.

Also, I don't consider the White House Liaison an "investigation role"; my function seemed to be a motivator for the FBI. That said, I don't see why my role was switched (nor how somebody could sabotage so many departments at once?).
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:09 pm

petro, we seriously don't have much time in this game, the days pass incredibly fast, could you finish reading as soon as possible ?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”