Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Guardian »

Hi. If I were to vote at this point, it would be xerbez or The Fonz, the former for his extremely jumpy nature, and the latter just because with each non-me lynch I have an almost 50-50 shot at hitting scum, and The Fonz, in my experience, is damn good at being scum ^_^. However, they have a few votes on them, and I don't think more are warranted at this point.

Eh,
vote: Rishi
. He wasn't getting any love (votes).
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by Guardian »

Guardian wrote:with each non-me lynch I have an
almost
50-50 shot at hitting scum
So Rishi... bad at reading, or do
you
know something we don't know?

Rishi, it seems like you were trying to throw suspicion in my direction... just because you thought you could. Coincidence that I just voted you?

I'm happy with my random vote (well, as happy as one can be with a random vote) :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Guardian »

AlSleet, your defense of Rishi when you had no reason to defend him
yet
-- he has not yet responded himself and his wagon is at lynch -3 -- has been noted.

Giving him reassurance that he is safe(r) because you don't find him scummy is just bad play.

I don't
think
you as scum with Rishi would be that obvious, but think before posting, especially when responding to things aimed at other players.

Hi cpe :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

Rishi wrote:
Guardian wrote:AlSleet, your defense of Rishi when you had no reason to defend him
yet
-- he has not yet responded himself and his wagon is at lynch -3 -- has been noted.

Giving him reassurance that he is safe(r) because you don't find him scummy is just bad play.

I don't
think
you as scum with Rishi would be that obvious, but think before posting, especially when responding to things aimed at other players.

Hi cpe :).
It was just a reading error.
OK. I wish AlSleet hadn't mentioned that it could have been just a reading error, but that can't be helped.
Rishi wrote:I was skimming the post a little fast. Besides, I was mostly kidding when I threw some suspicion at you.
That I take issue with. You are backtracking from your suspicion... and how did you give any indication that you were joking? First, you imply that your suspicion was real (and is now gone because you misread), and then say that you were just joking. That doesn't sit well for me.
Rishi wrote:However, I will take note that you're being kind of aggressive and defensive today. Hmm.
Aggressive? Sure -- being aggressive and pressuring players helps find scum imo. Defensive? I get defensive if I need to, but I don't see how I am being defensive in this game, yet. Where do you see that?

I again note how you are casually throwing suspicion at me by saying "oh look at Guardian. hmm, aggressive
and
defensive. let's be careful with that one."
Rishi wrote:Have we already exited the joking phase? That was fast.
I love joking, but I really dislike the joking phase. Games I am in tend to move fast ;).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by Guardian »

SirWario, again, why defend Rishi?

By saying I am being too aggressive you make him feel even safer still. I accepted at face value that his reading error was just a reading error. I am now asking him questions for other reasons.

How is being aggressive in scum hunting scummy?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Guardian »

AlSleet wrote:
Guardian wrote:SirWario, again, why defend Rishi?

By saying I am being too aggressive you make him feel even safer still. I accepted at face value that his reading error was just a reading error. I am now asking him questions for other reasons.

How is being aggressive in scum hunting scummy?
There's being agressive and being anal. You were being kinda anal before with the reading error.
He hadn't yet said that it was a reading error. I wanted to see what he said in response to my aggression.
AlSleet wrote:But I can see why you're pressing him now after he kinda made a questionable post.
Thanks for not giving Rishi a cover as you did earlier :).
AlSleet wrote:Besides, being really agressive can be you covering for the fact that you're scum yourself.
Eh, it can. Your reasoning is not bad.

Slops for again responding to a question addressed to someone else before they had a chance to address it though, in this case SirWario. :(.

---
SirWario wrote:Guardian, I assumed we were still in the haphazard voting stage.
That's odd, as you gave a reason for voting me.
SirWario wrote:But i understand the need to press people to find scum.
Me too ;). You seem to be backing off that being aggressive is scummy -- are you, or no?
SirWario wrote:I'll keep my vote for now though.
Hm. Why? I agree you should pretty much always keep your vote
somewhere
day one, to indicate who your most likely scum candidate is -- am I your most likely scum candidate? Why or why not?

SirWario, you have not addressed either of my questions directly. Why defend Rishi? And why is being aggressive scummy?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by Guardian »

SirWario wrote:Guardian, i wasn't defending Rishi.
Maybe you didn't know you were, but by saying my attack of him was scummy, you were easing the pressure on him.
SirWario wrote:In my opinion his mistake didn't seem too important, but you made a case about it anyway.
I disagree. He found me scummy because of his mistake. People finding other people scummy and their reasons for doing so is
very
important. Also, at the time I made the case, I had no way of knowing if it was a reading mistake or not. You are all inferring that it was a reading mistake -- what if he had responded "eh, well almost 50/50 is pretty much the same as 50/50, and you are wrong". Then we would have a whole avenue of things to explore.
SirWario wrote:I only think aggression is scummy when it is over something trivial like a reading error.
Again, we didn't know that it was a reading error. I thought it could have been, and I also thought he could have been making a weak case even though he understood me.
SirWario wrote:You could be trying to bring suspicion on to Rishi. Those were my thoughts.
I am trying to bring suspicion or Rishi right now (pending his response), though not for the reading error anymore. Is that a bad thing?

Also, you have not responded as to if I am your main candidate, and why/why not? Do you have a strong feeling about me, or anyone else in the game?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Guardian »

Rishi wrote:
Guardian wrote:OK. I wish AlSleet hadn't mentioned that it could have been just a reading error, but that can't be helped.
It wouldn't have changed what I said. I might have used different terminology if AlSleet hadn't said anything, but the gist would have been the same.
OK. I see no reason not to take this at face value. One question though -- how might have your terminology been different? I'm curious.
Rishi wrote:We're having a conversation out in public here. I'm not asking anyone to jump to my defense, but if anyone has an opinion, I invite them into the discussion. I'm not sure why you just want a response from me and me alone.
Envision a scenario for me: I am town, and I want to figure out your alignment. You do something that could be seen as scummy, and I ask you why you did it and if you support it and what your mindset is when you did it.

Then, another player jumps in and says "oh, well Rishi obviously did that because of XXXX, his post wasn't scummy at all, move on." You could be scum, and hadn't even thought of XXXX. This other player just provided you with an easy defense when he had no reason to do so (unless you are scum and you are his partner).

So, when I ask people questions (or when anyone asks anyone else a specific question) it is generally a bad idea to comment upon that question before the person it was asked to gives a response. It is fine to comment on whether you find someone scummy (or not scummy -- but only if they are under attack -- in small games with no doctor randomly saying you find someone pro-town is very bad!), but not to address questions asked of them before they have a chance to address them.
Rishi wrote:
Guardian wrote:That I take issue with. You are backtracking from your suspicion... and how did you give any indication that you were joking? First, you imply that your suspicion was real (and is now gone because you misread), and then say that you were just joking. That doesn't sit well for me.
The indication that I was joking comes from the fact that my logic was completely and utterly ridiculous there. Being bad at math is not a scumtell. That's like saying, "Oh.... typo. Let's lynch him."
I am not seeing that -- you found my mistake suspicious, and directly said you wondered if my mistake stemmed from being scum and not having a clear perspective on how things would look from a townie perspective.

I am really not seeing how it was a joke. That being said, I will consider the possibility that you meant it as such... Just saying that it "was a joke" is an easy way to back away from something. Again, this is why I hate the random phase.

For the record, from my perspective, the random phase is definitely over now. Any future "jokes" must be clearly labeled as such, or I will view them as being serious.
Rishi wrote:
Guardian wrote:Aggressive? Sure -- being aggressive and pressuring players helps find scum imo. Defensive? I get defensive if I need to, but I don't see how I am being defensive in this game, yet. Where do you see that?

I again note how you are casually throwing suspicion at me by saying "oh look at Guardian. hmm, aggressive
and
defensive. let's be careful with that one."
I think you're being defensive because you're attacking the first person who said anything remotely negative about you.
Eh, that is somewhat reasonable, but I didn't defend myself hardly at all -- I pointed out that your attack was bad and attacked you for having such a bad attack. Whether or not I am being defensive or not is not
particularly
relevant to me, so whatever.
Rishi wrote:I always view aggression as a form of defensiveness. But, that might not be fair. You admit you're being aggressive. I will reserve judgment on whether or not you're being defensive.
That is very reasonable.
Rishi wrote:
Guardian wrote:I love joking, but I really dislike the joking phase. Games I am in tend to move fast ;).
Fine with me. I think we get along well enough that we can skip past the conviviality. Though I'm not sure how Simenon will react when he returns if he finds that the game is already over.
I'd love to see the look on his face. If we can do that
and
get a town win, I'm all for it.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by Guardian »

The Fonz wrote:I really don't like Wario thus far. Stating as fact that Rishi's '3/7 is not 50/50' was a reading error doesn't sit well.
Why not?
The Fonz wrote:
Al wrote:Besides, being really agressive can be you covering for the fact that you're scum yourself.
Don't like this one bit. How exactly does it 'cover up' for that fact? Being aggressive draws attention to yourself. I don't exactly consider it a town tell (because most players are either aggressive or not depending on playstyle, regardless of alignment) but it does make for better games imho.
Point well made.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

The Fonz wrote:
Guardian wrote:
The Fonz wrote:I really don't like Wario thus far. Stating as fact that Rishi's '3/7 is not 50/50' was a reading error doesn't sit well.
Why not?
Because he couldn't know for a fact what another player's motivation/ thought process is. This means that he is jumping to conclusions at best.
Hm.

Do you also find AlSleet scummy for the same reason? He also said Rishi definitely misread.

Also, do you think that it was unreasonable of SirWario to think Rishi's mistake was a misread?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:31 pm

Post by Guardian »

And you think SirWario was scummy despite Rishi's claiming that it was in fact a reading error?

I'm just not seeing why you are finding it suspicious of SirWario to think I was making something out of nothing -- I
wasn't
, but I can see him thinking that I was -- Rishi making a reading error was, to me, by far the most obvious inference that could be made from his statement, and he confirmed that it was a reading error.

mFoS: The Fonz
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:21 am

Post by Guardian »

xerbez, do you find me the most likely player to be scum? If so, why?

ac1983, I think we've established that I've been anything
but
defensive -- where are you getting that from?
I'm sick of the joking phase. The joking phase has long been over in my mind. Jokes should die. <-dry humor, but true :P.

I am still wondering what I think about The Fonz's stance on Rishi's misreading to me. I thought by far the most logical thing to assume was a misread. I asked to get things started and see if Rishi responded that it wasn't a misread.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Guardian »

Neither did SirWario :P.

Your attack on me made it seem that you were pretty sure he misread. Are you not that sure??
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Guardian »

cpe, yeah, you might want to look over the vote count :x.
Guardian wrote:xerbez, do you find me the most likely player to be scum? If so, why?
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:27 am

Post by Guardian »

xerebz, I want you to explain why you find Rishi's "awkward" defensiveness scummy. Quote his posts, and explain.

Why unvote me? Why vote me in the first place? Did you find me scummy? If so, why?

I want you to help us get inside your head.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Guardian »

V/LA posting in all threads: Hey, I might post here once or twice more before going -- but FYI tomorrow I am leaving on a V/LA Thursday-Sunday. Expect me to check this and all threads Sunday evening. Hope you manage without me ;).

Expect a re-read and analysis when I get back :o.
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:27 am

Post by Guardian »

Bah!
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:18 pm

Post by Guardian »

Rishi wrote:I think you killed Guardian because you thought he was a good player. Anyone who has played with Guardian before knows this isn't true. So killing Guardian is a newbie mistake. You're the most newbish here. (Sorry, Guardian, if you're reading this...)
Rishi wrote:I feel good about this. I really am town.
If you are town, you are so, so wrong, and I pretty much hate you. In like 2/3 of my finished games, at least one person complimented me on my play.

If you're town, I am almost certain Wario is scum. Rishi, if you as town think that VitaminR is scum at this point... then wow, seriously, just wow.

Quick hammer = town? lol.

If you're scum, then I retract my hate, and well played :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:33 am

Post by Guardian »

Yah, imo Sir Wario played well, all his kill choices made a lot of sense.
Do not lynch me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”