Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #180 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

Protip: If you think the game is crazy and confusing, but non-bastard, it's probably bastard.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #267 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 265, Isabella Swan wrote:
Moderators:
Equinox (as Isabella Swan) and Faraday (as whatever account he's logged in as at the moment)

Fixed an error in your signups ^-^
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #316 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

You cannot make a revolution with silk gloves.
- Joseph Stalin

A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past.
- Fidel Castro

Revolution,
n.
In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.
- Ambrose Bierce

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised,
will not be televised, will not be televised.
The revolution will be no re-run brothers;
The revolution will be live.

Mechanics:
What is a revolution if the revolutionaries do nothing? Every day, you shall strike a blow against your oppressors, sending out only your most trusted operatives. If the mission is successful, you will be able to wrest new resources from the iron fist of the dictatorship. If one of your 'trusted operatives' sabotages the mission, however, there might be dangerous consequences. Vital equipment may be lost, or operatives compromised and deleted by the most elite assassins. Send only the best. Success is vital.

If at any point the number of revolutionaries drops beneath the threshold necessary to successfully complete missions, the Revolution will have ended. Beware! This number is static, and does not depend on the number of remaining infiltrators.

Experience:
This game has nonstandard mechanics, and as such I'm going to require a fair amount of experience, basically as judged by me. This game will use WotM (Wisdom of the Mod) on whether a player is allowed or not. Less about being in previous games, more about being USEFUL in previous games.

Date:
Coming to a mini-theme queue near you soon!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #654 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Featuring:

• 13 Players
  • Single Enemy Faction (may be third parties)
  • Unique Mechanic
  • Interesting Roles
  • Flavor will be GothPunk
This will resemble a traditional mafia game, with no bastard features, and roles that should be fairly familiar, and only a single unique twist.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #835 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Choose Your Side: GreyICE is Lazy Edition

So, here I was, after the spectacular failures of my last two games thinking, "wow, I really should run a game". But I just don't want to design one. So you can do it for me! Pick whatever you want, and we will make this happen.

You will get to pick:

Your Side
: Town, Mafia, or Third Party
Your Role
: Flavor name from whatever. Alignment does not have to follow from flavor (so Hannibal Lector, town is fine)
The Mechanical Complexity:
Pick a number from 5 to 10, where 5 is an average complexity theme game and 10 is some Tarhalindur stuff. I'll average everyone's responses and make it to that!
Bastard Level:
This will determine how much fucking with the players is occurring. 1 would be straightforward "everything GreyICE says is true", 5 is "trust literally nothing"

Caveats (because there has to be some):

Town:
There will be more town players than Mafia players.
Mafia:
There will be a minimum of 2 Mafia
Third Parties:
There is no minimum of Third parties. The maximum, by my rules, would be 8. Third parties may win with the town, with the mafia, with both, or with neither (solo victory). No Third party will have a victory condition that exactly matches either the town or the mafia victory conditions.

If these numbers aren't met, I'll work with players to get there (it has to be a game of mafia). Most likely, they will be.

Game Status:
Bastard

There will be no alignment shifts (because that is against the concept of Choosing). Other than that, you may assume that nothing is off the table. Due to the nature of the third parties, and the ratios that may occur, even if I am not lying you may encounter extremely non-standard mechanics and setup that will lead to surprising outcomes. Join at your own risk.

Experience Requirements:
Two completed games, and a general sense that you're a decent player. Wisdom of the mod is in play. Proper punctuation and grammar will help your case! So will a history of not flaking, good posting, and generally being a player who puts effort into games. This is not to filter by "skill", but by commitment and general knowledge level.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Queue”