New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4, Otolia wrote:I'm still interested in how to give back results from an action towards a Commuter. Do you say : your target was nowhere to be found ?

Same thing as being roleblocked. Your action fails.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #89 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:37 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I can't remember if I opted for hiders being allowed or not, but I don't really have any qualms about them being gone.

Its such a weird role compared to everything else in normals.

I like Hiders, they are one of my favorite roles to use as a mod and ARE my favorite role as a player.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

1) Yes FN's can be roleblocked

2) We don't have a standard but something like "You learned that Player-X is aligned with the Town and is a Friendly Neighbor"

3) Encryptor is only normal for mafia although I suppose a town encryptor could work as a non-normal allowed role. Mafia Encryptors only affect mafia chat.

4) No, the whole point of that list is to be 100% complete. Yes, that'd be appropriate.

5) Hmmm, that is a question that I'm not entirely sure on, but I would tend to think that having a modifier means you are NOT vanilla.

6) Yes, I think you can do that. I don't think you can have a Miller JoaT though since a miller qualifies as a role and not a modifier (at least in a normal sense, in non-normal games you can do whatever you want with it). You can have every role in the game be a JoaT with arbitrary abilities though. (Not that we'd approve that for balance if you did)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #101 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:48 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 99, Wake1 wrote:Are Day abilities considered Normal? Like an Odd-Day Vanilla Cop?

No. They aren't explicitly non-normal though either. So you could have one in a mini and two in a large I believe.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ascetic would generally be a more pro-mafia role. Its a more reasonable substitute for a godfather since it causes 'no result' instead of misleading results. Also extremely powerful against watchers and trackers, so use with caution. But ya good role, hope it sees some use.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #193 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Since when are Hiders complicated?

Well. They are complicated in that they can be confusing for NAR if you have weird roles or don't know what you are doing. I don't recall seeing more than 1 variant of hider ever though.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”