Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3580 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Venmar »

^ That is just cruel.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4071 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 4066, mastin2 wrote:
In post 4057, mcqueen wrote:
Naive Mastermind Role PM wrote:
Role:

You are a
Naive Mastermind

Role Description:

You know everyone else's alignment, but not your own. You are aligned with one of the factions currently in the game. (This faction is pre-determined by the Moderator.)

Abilities:

(1) Each Night, you act as a RoleCop. You may target a player, and you will be notified of their Role.
(2) If you are investigated, role investigated, tracked, etc., by any other player, that player will receive "Null," no matter if they investigate, role investigate, track, etc.
(3) If you are roleblocked, jailkept, etc., by any other player, you may not perform your Night Action that Night. You will not be notified of this; you will not receive a result from the Moderator at Dawn.
(4) Even if you are aligned with the Mafia, or any other faction(s) involving QuickTopics, you will not have access to them.

Win Condition:

You win if your faction wins.
Play as if you're a survivor, UNTIL lylo, in which you play as if you're town.
You're town-aligned? You lynch scum and win.
You're scum-aligned? Well, hope you did a good enough job being town to avoid the lynch when it comes to 3P lylo.
You're a serial killer? Same thing, really.

Cant you just count the number of mafia players and see if it's the right amount for that game? Right amounts = you being town, wrong amounts = you being mafia?

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4420 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Venmar »

^ i approve this message

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4426 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Venmar »

You are a
Town Vote Generator

Your vote on a wagon slowly grows and duplicates due to some weird voodoo magic. Every few real life days, your vote on a wagon will grow in weight by 1. Changing your vote to someone else will reset you and lower your growth back to the equivalent of 1 vote, from where you will have to wait again for it to start growing again. Your power will disappear in LyLo.

You win with the town.

( Basically a player that slowly grows into a doublevoter, then a triplevoter, then a quadvoter, and so on, for being on someones wagon consistently )

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4765 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Venmar »

Those seem to have no function other than being Named Townies with wacky descriptions to boot.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4770 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Venmar »

Again those ar-

Nvm.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5006 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Venmar »

These are a couple role ideas: They're not inherently "Worst", though I am curious what people think of them.

You are a
Sniper
. During the night, you can decide to
"watch"
(not an actual Watch however) a particular player. If that player is visited by a killer, you will reflexively wound (poison) the killer (though not stop the kill, nor will you be told who the killer is). The killer will succumb to their wounds the following night unless they receive a doctor protection. (The alternate version where this role simply kills the killer seems a bit too strong, though is also viable as a kind of "aggressive doctor" variant.)

You are a
Mercenary/Private Contractor.
You are a Third Party role and can win with either alignment; depending on the use of your power. During Night 1, you must "sell" your services to a target player (this is not an action and so is not trackable or watchable; it is simply designating a player). Target player is not told of this interaction. Every night (including Night 1) you may perform a kill on anybody but your employer. You win with the alignment of your last Employer (you are not told the alignment of your "Employer", nor who their teammates are if they are a member of the Mafia). If your employer is killed or lynched at any point in the game, you must sell your services to a new player at the first possible night, changing your win condition to the alignment of your new employer. You win with the alignment of your Employer, whatever that is, and if your Employer is alive at the end of the game (if you are killed, you better hope your last employer doesn't die.) You lose if your employer's faction is defeated, or if you die employer-less (for example, if your employer dies during the night and you are lynched the following day before you can declare a new employer the following day).

^ This is basically a Serial Killer that can win with either the Town or the Mafia depending on the alignment of the person they attach themselves to. They are never told the alignment of their employer, so they have to scumhunt their kills (functioning as a vig) if they believe their target to be town, and scumhunt to avoid killing the teammates of their target if they believe their target is mafia. Ideally this role would be in a setup without a multiball or other third parties.

---

You are a
Police Tazer
. During the night, you can roleblock a target player by tazing them. There is a 50% chance to kill your target if they are not performing an action.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5013 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Venmar »

^ I'll admit that actually sounds like a cool role

Return to “Mafia Discussion”