Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6975 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

Let's look at ISOs.

Literally the only scum Josh voted was reinoe - off an odd buy-in to Beast's claim. Which, frankly, looks like Wolf knowledge to me.
Garmr never voted scum at any point in the game unless Boon is, indeed, scum.
You voted Flubber as your only known on scum vote, and spent a massive amount of another day pushing me as a lynch as an alternate to a now known Wolf.

I see some evidence for your slot to maybe not be Mafia...maybe.
But you make brilliant sense as a Wolf.
And remain okay as a Mafia as the Reinoe vote was the only 'awkward as a bus' vote in my opinion.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6976 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and almost forgot, you claimed Mafia at an advantageous moment for Wolf to claim Mafia.
yes, you then backtracked and claimed it as a reaction fish for town purposes - but the only fish you got, apparently, was me, in a very unexplained bit of reasoning that, oh, Slandaar the wolf also agreed with.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6977 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am

Post by T S O »

In post 6203, Pine wrote:Fuck it

I am a Mafia Goon

Lynch me and Town loses

Thor + Boon

In post 6207, Boonskiies wrote:He's lying.

In post 6208, Boonskiies wrote:As a wolf, a mafia claim is golden.

In post 6209, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 6208, Boonskiies wrote:As a wolf, a mafia claim is golden.

in this situation. I feel the fact that he wasn't going to be lynched quite yet shows that he just thought up the fake claim and the possibility that it would work. It gets people off his lynch because we don't want to lynch mafia. he's a wolf!!!!!!

In post 6214, Boonskiies wrote:I don't think he's mafia. I honestly don't.

In post 6215, Boonskiies wrote:If you look back on both mafia lynches, Pine was on both of their wagons. He joined on the Reinoe wagon right in the middle. He hammered flubber. Scripten had put his vote on Pine, but Scripten was the only one there, which I feel he was just voting his buddy for later vote count analyses.

Within minutes of Pine claiming there is this huge knee-jerk reaction from Boon which is basically him screaming that Pine isn't Mafia.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6978 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am

Post by T S O »

Thor, can we stop interacting with confscum and come talk to me?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6979 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

About which?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6980 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 am

Post by T S O »

#6977.
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6981 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Not much to say about it. I agree with what you see but don't consider it a home run.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6982 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I explained that I was trying to soft claim mafia yesterDay to take a wolf shot, and to dissuade mafia from shooting me. Even if my BP had been used, I would have died and helped confirm some reads on people.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6983 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 6981, Thor665 wrote:Not much to say about it. I agree with what you see but don't consider it a home run.

It's not the full thing, don't worry.
-Marquis
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6984 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6964, Thor665 wrote:Since I am not listing TSO as a scumspect it was a dead conversation to me - he doesn't worry me. I don't get the point of the question.

You made it seem like it was wrong of me to not suspect TSO. If he doesn't worry you I'm not really sure why you were up in arms about me not being very worried about him. Lets compare notes-why are you not worried about him?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6985 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6984, Nero Cain wrote:You made it seem like it was wrong of me to not suspect TSO.

I think you grossly continue to lack the ability to discern between 'why do you clear him' versus 'it is worrisome that you don't suspect him!'
You have also continued to be kind of weird in how you described how you cleared him - it does not make me happy and *that* is what bothers me - not the conclusion, but rather the method of reaching it.

I asked the one, not the other.
My TSO thoughts are outlined here;
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p6516551
Which would you like to discuss?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6986 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6982, Boonskiies wrote:I explained that I was trying to soft claim mafia yesterDay to take a wolf shot, and to dissuade mafia from shooting me. Even if my BP had been used, I would have died and helped confirm some reads on people.

If either you or Pine are town - I really am fascinated by the idea you got in your heads that claiming scum in thread somehow translates to 'good town play'.

Hint: it is not.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6987 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6985, Thor665 wrote:viewtopic.php?p=6516551#p6516551

I find it absolutely hilarious that just a few pages ago you were claiming to have forgotten that you were agreeing with me about why TSO isn't wolf scum but YOUR reasoning for clearing TSO as wolf was you agreeing with me :igmeou:

I am unclear on why you think TSO is not mafia. Explain pls.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6988 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Pine »

In post 6986, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6982, Boonskiies wrote:I explained that I was trying to soft claim mafia yesterDay to take a wolf shot, and to dissuade mafia from shooting me. Even if my BP had been used, I would have died and helped confirm some reads on people.

If either you or Pine are town - I really am fascinated by the idea you got in your heads that claiming scum in thread somehow translates to 'good town play'.

It is, actually, though you'd be right in almost any other context. It has the distinct possibility of drawing out a soft (or even hard) counterclaim, it had the chance of highlighting wolves who smelled victory, and it didn't harm Town at all when it was quickly retracted and explained.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6989 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6987, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6985, Thor665 wrote:viewtopic.php?p=6516551#p6516551

I find it absolutely hilarious that just a few pages ago you were claiming to have forgotten that you were agreeing with me about why TSO isn't wolf scum but YOUR reasoning for clearing TSO as wolf was you agreeing with me :igmeou:

I am unclear on why you think TSO is not mafia. Explain pls.

...Oh dear gawd - as we already discussed I misunderstood which interaction you meant, but that said my clearing of the Wolf thing was more based around the theory interaction with Scripten paired with your specific interaction; not with your reasoning for the clear and certainly not over an explicit awareness that the conversation happened in a QT - which is what I later discussed with you as not remembering.

My Mafia clear of him is based around the interactions he had with Flubber.
To be specific, this; http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p6317252
I don't see that as Mafia/Mafia there.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6990 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

fair enough

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6991 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6988, Pine wrote:

It is, actually, though you'd be right in almost any other context. It has the distinct possibility of drawing out a soft (or even hard) counterclaim, it had the chance of highlighting wolves who smelled victory, and it didn't harm Town at all when it was quickly retracted and explained.

No - it is not.
No - it doesn't matter that it was quickly retracted.
And also, as showm literally the only thing you claimed to get out of it was a reaction that I was Wolf - which is, at this stage, blatantly a wrong read - so it didn't even help you scumhunt and, if you are town, helped you tunnel town all day and defend wolf based off the reactions of your bad play scum claim.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6992 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Pine »

In post 6991, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6988, Pine wrote:

No - it is not.
No - it doesn't matter that it was quickly retracted.
And also, as showm literally the only thing you claimed to get out of it was a reaction that I was Wolf - which is, at this stage, blatantly a wrong read - so it didn't even help you scumhunt and, if you are town, helped you tunnel town all day and defend wolf based off the reactions of your bad play scum claim.

Look, we can argue about whether it was constructive in post game. You're saying that there's no way that Town would do it, and I don't appreciate the fact that you're foisting your own opinions onto me and judging my actions based on what you would have done.

I thought it was a good idea. I did it. End of story

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6993 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Boonskiies »

No one ever said I make good town decisions. Remember my hammer on you in Ninja Mafia? That was HORRIBLE, especially because I was super town reading you the whole day. I was town. Granted, you flipped scum, but still. No one would say I make good town plays.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6994 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6992, Pine wrote:Look, we can argue about whether it was constructive in post game. You're saying that there's no way that Town would do it, and I don't appreciate the fact that you're foisting your own opinions onto me and judging my actions based on what you would have done.

I am not saying there's no way town would do it.
I'm saying town who do it are playing badly.
If you were a Wolf it was good play (though I don't think you should have recanted) if you are town it was TERRIBLE play.

In post 6993, Boonskiies wrote:No one ever said I make good town decisions. Remember my hammer on you in Ninja Mafia? That was HORRIBLE, especially because I was super town reading you the whole day. I was town. Granted, you flipped scum, but still. No one would say I make good town plays.

I don't care so much if you make bad plays.
I care if you don't learn that they were bad plays and improve your game.
Also - I consider you capable of making bad plays as scum, for the record.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6995 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Pine »

In post 6994, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6992, Pine wrote:Look, we can argue about whether it was constructive in post game. You're saying that there's no way that Town would do it, and I don't appreciate the fact that you're foisting your own opinions onto me and judging my actions based on what you would have done.

I am not saying there's no way town would do it.
I'm saying town who do it are playing badly.
If you were a Wolf it was good play (though I don't think you should have recanted) if you are town it was TERRIBLE play.

In post 6993, Boonskiies wrote:No one ever said I make good town decisions. Remember my hammer on you in Ninja Mafia? That was HORRIBLE, especially because I was super town reading you the whole day. I was town. Granted, you flipped scum, but still. No one would say I make good town plays.

I don't care so much if you make bad plays.
I care if you don't learn that they were bad plays and improve your game.
Also - I consider you capable of making bad plays as scum, for the record.

So...either way, I made a bad play...but you're choosing to scumread me for it

Super logic bro

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6996 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oh, I'm much better scum than I am town, haha. Mimicking my town play is easy.

Also, I second what Pine said. We do learn from it.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6997 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6995, Pine wrote:So...either way, I made a bad play...but you're choosing to scumread me for it

Super logic bro

How does you making a bad play preclude anyone from deciding it was an alignment indicative play?
Also - I'm not town or scum reading you over that play - I was simply citing it as bad.

In post 6996, Boonskiies wrote:Oh, I'm much better scum than I am town, haha. Mimicking my town play is easy.

Then your town play needs improvement.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6998 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Pine - I should suppose I should clarify - I'm scum reading you for what you did *after* that play, not the actual claim, but the claimed results you got. I am calling those scummy.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6999 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Eh, I always hit scum as town for the most part in late game. Now I just have to figure out how to explain my reasonings.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”