Micro 440: Triplicate Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Witness Protection »

Hi all.

Hi Wisdom.

I choose to hold off RVS voting. I want to hear from the rest of my group first.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

Last time I played this set up, gm killed me off for the win.

@ PN I know how this game works, I just wanted to hear their voices before I decide if one of them is scum.
We
might be the Town bloc.

pedits @ Hopkirk We can vote/unvote until all three groups reach a lynch,
at the same time
. Then Tomorrow, things go back to being, uh, normal. When I have a feeling on who should be the lynch Today, I'll vote.

more pedits gm can be a tricksy one.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Wow, that was quick.

Do I get to claim before you lynch me? :P

Zebulin wrote:
In post 23, Scripten wrote:No hammers until all three sections have hammers, IIRC.
<br abp="718"><br abp="719">Alright, thanks for telling me.<br abp="720"><br abp="721">Why is Post 17 a scumtell? I see the logical fallacy (better to assume you have one of the scumblocs) but town could made the same mistake just as easily as scum.

We went through something oddly similar to this when I last played this game. The hydra that Sthar8 was in, mentioned looking for the all Town group and scum (ahem, gm) used it as their focal point the rest of the Day. Or it might have been Town that screamed it was scum. I don't remember.

I push a lot of Day 1 tinfoil theories, so I'll bite. I'm scum because I mentioned the all Town group. :neutral:

To be honest, I have no opinion yet on anyone in this game. I'm going to do a quick reread after dinner.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 am

In post 20, Scripten wrote:VOTE: Witness Protection

Witness Protection wrote:
We
might be the Town bloc.

Nice scumclaim.

This is his whole case. He hasn't varied from this theme since he jumped on it. He hasn't even explained why it's scummy. What would scum's plan have been? You tell me since it's your scum read.

In post 34, Scripten wrote:Perp feels like Perptown, but I haven't played with them before, so my meta divings are probably not super indicative.

PN seems to be playing according to what I remember of them. So it's pretty much verified that they are actually PN. I don't read them as anything but null ATM. What
exactly
gives you the Town read? Explain what you saw in their "meta".

In post 42, Scripten wrote:I tend to meta dive everyone I haven't played with before so I can get an idea of what their RVS play might mean. Perp stood out because their RVS scumplay looked significantly different from this game. I have been commenting on my own group. Haven't you noticed? Doesn't mean I'm not going to see what everyone else posts.

Then you should have this game sown up, if meta is all you need. I'm getting to the point I dismiss most "meta" reads out of hand, because "he's not playing the way he did in such and such a game" is such an easy place for scum to sit and just go "meta".

If you're going to use meta in your case, please do more that just say " he isn't playing the same as he did then." Show what is similar and what's not. Explain how that supports your read. Otherwise it's just an empty read.

In post 58, Scripten wrote:1 - I didn't know until after I went meta diving. Their posting was erratic and that can sometimes mean scum. Don't think it does atm.

Can you explain why erratic (their MO), is indicative of anything? What did you conclude from meta diving PN? Do you expect them to play to their meta?

In post 60, Scripten wrote:Because Perp's meta actually told me something.

Then why so reluctant to share it? If it would help sort PN faster, shouldn't you share?

In post 60, Scripten wrote:Did you miss my 42? There's potential scum motivation for saying what WP did,
though my vote didn't have much behind it because it was on page 1
. The only way I could see your statement working was if you were accusing me of bandwagoning BBmolla because he mentioned WP being scum before I did.

I missed BB calling me scum. What's the scum motivation to mentioning the all Town group? Was I(scum) trying to trick my group somehow? We still have to lynch one of us. That was what Sthar8 & Jingle (I don't remember the name of their hydra :oops: ) got accused of in my last Triplicate game. But it doesn't even make sense, pushing mentioning the all Town group as a scum tell. I'm all for tin foil theories, but you just say it's scummy, but never try to explain why you think it's scum.

@ gm
Was that you two pushing it? I don't remember.

In post 64, Scripten wrote:I must not be explaining very well here. I meta dove every player here that I haven't played with before to get an idea about RVS play from each of them, since D1 looks very important in this setup. Most RVS play is pretty generic, but Perp's stood out from their scum play, thus I mentioned it so that others would follow in my footsteps and check their meta.

I think I've mentioned I'm becoming more skeptical of "meta" as time goes by. Oh, I still read games to get an idea of someone's play. I just take most unexplained "meta" reads with a grain of salt, even holding it as a strike against a slot at times.

Why meta dive
anyone
to get an idea of their RVS play? I'm starting to believe you. I bet you did meta dive players in this game. For nefarious reasons.

In post 64, Scripten wrote:You're using some pretty strong language for all of three posts. You're also kinda ignoring that I actually found potential scum motivation behind WP's post.

No you haven't. All you've done is jump on that one post and say "it's scummy", you haven't exposed any scum motivation. All you did was point out my joke for why I wasn't going to RVS at that time, and my vote won't be RVS when I do vote. Because neither of you had posted a word yet.

In post 66, Scripten wrote:I think I mentioned this before, but it wasn't just that he mentioned the all-town bloc. It was that he put forth that he was in the all-town bloc. I definitely explained how this has potential scum motivation.

All our words are here for posterity, prove it, don't just say it. Take my post and show how it means what you're saying it means.

I'm going to laugh my arse off if we do end up the all Town group, but that'll mean only
one
of us will make it through the Night.

VOTE: Scripten

Sticks hard with an unexplained scum read. Town reads PN for "meta". He never explains what he got from the "meta", just says that's why he has reads. He looks like scum that's latched onto something they (scum) see as an easy push. I still need to ISO the other third of Wisdom, but from what I remember, he hasn't said much of anything. He did ask if Scripten was around once, then never followed up when he (Scripten )said he was.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:09 am

In post 78, Zebulin wrote:I think TvT arguments tend to be argued over semantics, with logical and precise reasoning on both sides over a point that was debatable in the first place (difference in play philosophy or NK analysis). TvM arguments tend to be all-out walls of text about hard evidence, and scum sometimes (hopefully) slips up in their fake argument. It's not a guaranteed system, but it's worked for all my games so far. The Witness vs Scripten argument is very wally and the posts contradict each other, so SOMEONE is lying.

Exactly. He keeps going on about how he's proven something, and I ask him every time to show his work that he says proves it, and he yells that he's already proven it.

Let's break it down. He says that me mentioning the all Town group makes me scum. He doesn't consider what was being said, he just jumped on the phrase "all Town group". I never said we were the all Town group. I said I wasn't voting until everyone in my group had posted.

As for this intent, what is it?
What
is it scum would get from tricking (?) his group into thinking it was the all Town group? Tricking both you and Serrapalidan into sacrificing yourselves because I was so generous as to call us all Town (before either of you had spoken) group?

He says I keep on about things, making it sound like I'm doing it, but I took all his posts and answered them in one post.

He refers to as his proof, but it's either he read the info wrong, or he's scum. How is saying one thing, going on about something? He keeps stuffing straw in his strawman, so I'm betting scum.

I don't know Serrapalidan, I have read his ISO, it's completely null. There's just nothing there. But Scripten's intent, where he's playing bulldog with one small phrase, looks far worse. I'd like to hear more from Serrapalidan (is there something shorter I can call you?), where do you stand on things?
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 am

In post 86, Scripten wrote:It's not strong, but it WAS ON PAGE 1. And since then, serrapaladin has not done anything that indicates that he is more likely to be scum than you. And you've been reacting more and more like scum the longer my vote is on you.

You keep misrepping the whole thing. You're the one blowing it up, then yelling that I' m doing it.

So you say that saying that was some long term plan thing. You think something said in RVS is actually going to have that large an effect, and that scum would rely on one statement for their entire play? You call me scum because I said "all Town", but you call me scummy because I defend myself from something I see as off the wall. That makes it a lot harder to Town read you. I just don't see how anyone taking something so null, and so steadfastly calling it scummy.

You admit it's on page 1, but then turn around and defend it by using Serrapalidan's play as
something
. If you weren't latched onto a phrase, maybe we could get more from him. His play's been so null. It isn't until recently (post wise) he's said anything of note.

@ Serrapalidan
Why should you be allowed to make it to Tomorrow? Please come out and give your opinion of what's happened so far. A little more than a short quip would be great.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:14 am

In post 89, serrapaladin wrote:Do you think my posts so far reflect a lack of engagement with the game?

Well, actually, yes. Your posts are short, and haven't said much at all until recently. It makes it hard to get a read from posts like your early ones. Your posts show your reading the game, and aware of what's going on in thread.

Your posting reminds me of Saki's play, and he's always a wildcard when I've played with him. I'd like to see more of you, I need to be reassured your not scum slipping under the radar.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 am

In post 89, serrapaladin wrote:Zeb could be town, actually. I think PN is more likely to be the scum in that group.

We agree on Zeb, but what's scummy about PN? They play to their name, or at least they did in Bulba's game. I think they should be left alone just for their comedic act! :lol: But seriously, what have they done that's scummy?

Do you realize that Zeb is scum reading PN too?

After going over his ISO, I'd like to ask Zeb to explain his vote on PN. He said it was because BB answered better. What exactly did BB say? So far he's casted a couple of votes, and called a few slots Town, and a few scum. I'm asking because I don't see what gives you the Town read on BB.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”