Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

So NFS: Rivals... boy I like the series but this game feels like it was shipped a few months before it was ready to be. There are so many glitches that make a couple particular events next to impossible without having to plan out exactly how to approach the situation so the glitch does the least possible damage. That's just non-game crashing ones too. Get a far more critical problem that forces a restart once every four hours or so of play.

Its annoying since some of the ideas they had were pretty inventive and with some polish could have made it a very solid game.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Anyone else been playing around with the Halo 5 Beta? This week its AR + Magnus loadout locked for those who don't like playing BRs.

Its decent enough, still get the feeling that they are adding new things to make it not be the same old game, but I miss Halo 2 and 3 still where it was very pure basic BR type play.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1586, theaceofspades wrote:i've been playing it a lot. BRs are up now which is a plus for me. I had misgivings about clamber but really it just seems to be a simpler crouch jump. I also like thruster pack more than i though i would. Move speed seems perfect again. and no AAs. I'm happy. As a guy who's not really been fully captured by a game since H3 i'm happy. Oh and the hydra is ridiculous with hover.

Rating system is still a pain, more based on winning than performance (recently lost rank on a game I went +19 on). Have issues with matchmaking balance as well where it just seems to at times put me in games I have no business being in both ways. H3 ranking was the best, Reach was the absolute worst which this seems similar to.

Breakout is fun, but needs either far more or less BR. Too many times a person who isn't good with it grabs it and that basically loses the round right there.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1630 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1588, theaceofspades wrote:I haven't actually noticed much team creating based on rank at all. Seems fairly random. Though it's possible i'm just not yet good at picking out stacks.

I reached the frustration part because I keep getting stuck in unbalanced against me games. Had a run of about an hour where everyone I matched was semi-pro or pro ranked. It does seem like its using an ELO type system where your team as a whole gain/loses points which get spread out by how you perform (had a -1 on a game where I ended up +2 in spread and all partners were -12 or worse). Wonder if how you play too (my "bad" games tend to be low kills low deaths instead of a large negative spread) that has me getting put at high opponents.

New maps are okay. Don't like Pegasus though, its too PR swingy. The circular maps are always my favorites just because its balanced enough.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1632 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

The other problem I have is that assists are too easy to come by. You basically just need to look at someone funny to get an assist, to the point where most games have someone hit 10 assists and its not too out of place to see someone push close to 20.

I dunno, its fun but they need to balance for skill better at release
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1646 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

So to save on HDMI slots on my TV... I now have a PS4 hooked up into an Xbox One that I can play it off of. Miraculously it didn't destroy the universe plugging these two into each other.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1650 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:25 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Somehow its just so much more enjoyable on a gut level to tell the xbox to watch TV and have it turn on the PS4 because I wired it through the TV input. I do actually use one of those between a WiiU and an old blu ray player though because I don't use them as much.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Just finished playing Wolfenstein The New Order. Its probably the best competent game I have played in a very long time, meaning that while it doesn't do anything spectacularly, it really doesn't have much of a weak point apart from things that most shooters have (few bad checkpoints, few areas that are able to be easily beaten by taking down a few enemies, grabbing ammo from the last room and then taking a few more). Also no real AI problems apart from one level where you and opponents have no guns and they just line up for throwing knife death essentially.

I would recommend it, no online play but a campaign that on the highest difficulty you could extract about 15 hours (or more depending on how close you want to 100% the game). It feels like 90s shooter for the most part with the absurdity of after a while double wielding shotguns and assault rifles with grenade launchers attached. Overall is just a solid game that actually for FPS has one of the better storylines I have seen since Spec Ops The Line (note its nowhere near SOTL for story but its still good). If you can borrow it or at this point you could probably get it for under $30, go for it if you liked the old shooters. It does what is expected, but it does it very well.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “The Arcade”