Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Boonskiies »

@Pine - what are your thoughts on Slandaar?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

Honestly, Pine's reaction feels the most town of the pair of you even if he is then having to sell a weak town setup because he needs both Boon+Thor to be wolves to justify his stance.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 6423, Thor665 wrote:Y'know, you and Pine are really wringing hands about this idea of mine without paying much attention to the actual reactions to it outside of trying to vaguely sell me on being an idiot/scum for thinking I'm right.

I have Boon and TSO bought in to it, and I'm not a likely Mafia, so that really starts to twist what alignments the other two theoretically are at that stage.
Nero (an unlikely Wolf) is also at least buying into the idea that the setup spec has merit though he seems to maybe disagree with my conclusions. So, again, what relational alignment does that bring into the play?

I have literally no idea what it is you are trying to say here but it doesn't really matter.
In post 6424, Thor665 wrote:I still suspect Boon of being Mafia, so...?

He was 7th on a wagon where there are no other mafia present. It's incredibly weak reasoning.

Show me this wagon analysis.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:50 am

Post by T S O »

In post 6421, Slandaar wrote:
In post 6419, T S O wrote:Pattern one has symmetry within the scumteams and good set-up design.
Pattern two has no symmetry at all and is terrible set-up design.

A setup doesn't have to be symmetrical to be well designed?

No, you're right. It most certainly doesn't.

Unfortunately, your set-up would never, ever get through the review. Let's just clarify:

Mafia:
Even Night Roleblocker
Odd Night Rolecop
whatever the third is, but non-Neighbour and probably a PR

Wolf:
1-shot JK Neighbour
2-shot BP Neighbour
Goon Neighbour

Town:
Tracker Neighbour
Prime Night Cop
JOAT (BG+Commute)
2-shot Vig Neighbour
A shitload of VT Neighbours
A shitload of VT's

Town's investigative powers n1 is one Track. n2, Track and Cop. Scum factions can boast a Jailkeep, a Roleblock and a Rolecop, as well as 4 kills. That's not even counting Vig, which could blow up town power either.

How the hell is this fair to Town?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6425, Boonskiies wrote:@Pine - what are your thoughts on Slandaar?

I'm back to him being the most likely Mafia candidate. Boon threw me for a bit, but his reversion to collaborating with you and my version of setup spec puts it back to Thor/Boon vs Slandaar

TSO: Why does your third Mafia have to be a PR? It's more likely a Goon. Neither scum setup is really especially powerful, and neither has anything to block investigation.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6429, Pine wrote:

I'm back to him being the most likely Mafia candidate. Boon threw me for a bit, but his reversion to collaborating with you and my version of setup spec puts it back to Thor/Boon vs Slandaar

TSO: Why does your third Mafia have to be a PR? It's more likely a Goon. Neither scum setup is really especially powerful, and neither has anything to block investigation.

Who do you mean by you? I was the one to ask you the question, and I can't really collaborate by myself.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

@TSO - it's not fair to town. By no means do I think there are 4 VT's in this game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6430, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 6429, Pine wrote:

Who do you mean by you? I was the one to ask you the question, and I can't really collaborate by myself.

Clearly I was referring to you and Thor, whom I have been observing you work with all week, my poor phrasing notwithstanding

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I feel we've both been going through T S O more than anything. Also, the main reason for us communicating with the other is solely based on the fact we're the most active. If you guys want to step up and become more active, we'd most likely interact with you just as much. But it's hard for a wolf like you to put actual content or analysis at this point.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Pine »

No, TSO is the one you've been working so hard to manipulate. TSO is clearly the free agent here (reinforcing my perception that TSO and NC are my Townbuddies) and appears in the uninformed minority

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6434, Pine wrote:No, TSO is the one you've been working so hard to manipulate. TSO is clearly the free agent here (reinforcing my perception that TSO and NC are my Townbuddies) and appears in the uninformed minority

NC's not town.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6435, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 6434, Pine wrote:No, TSO is the one you've been working so hard to manipulate. TSO is clearly the free agent here (reinforcing my perception that TSO and NC are my Townbuddies) and appears in the uninformed minority

NC's not town.

What left field did you draw that conclusion out of?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

you don't read at all. I've been giving reasons for Nero mafia since Day 2.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Also, I went on a giant quote spree stating the reasons for why I think so also like 5 or 6 pages back.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6381, Thor665 wrote:But, as a serious question, would you expect more sensible logic from Boon if he had a town alignment?
If the answer is 'yes' - why?
If the answer is 'no' - then how does this point really suggest Slandaar as scum?

yes...no...idk. My one game with him his night actions were really bad and he just sorta gave up and stopped defending himself when he got ran up. Part of me wants to say "yes" he'd have better logic as town 'cause I think there's a load of scum motivation to push one person over another.

In post 6382, Boonskiies wrote:@Nero - I could ask you the same the regarding to Pine. It feels as if you are doing EVERYTHING you can to try and get focus off of Pine.

Except I don't think Pine is a wolf and town shouldn't be lynching anyone but the wolf faction thus our situations are not similar at all but your pushback gets you an F for effort. We both agree that Slandaar is wolf scum so I can't see you not wanting him lynched unless he is your buddy.

In post 6390, Pine wrote:Then you should be voting Boon. He's bulletproof, and can't be crosskilled

My Slandaar vote was only to prove that Boons wouldn't vote his buddy.

In post 6403, Thor665 wrote:Not sure about Nero/Boon for Mafia,

Did you not see Ren trying to lynch the fuck out of me and me leading a lynch on Flubber?

In post 6423, Thor665 wrote:Nero (an unlikely Wolf) is also at least buying into the idea that the setup spec has merit though he seems to maybe disagree with my conclusions.

Remind me what I'm buying again? Do you accept debit cards?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Slandaar and I as the wolf team?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well you are still calling him wolf but refusing to vote him. What should I think?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6388, Slandaar wrote:Neighbours
Script
Thor
Boon

all wolves 1 in each hood.

he's even calling you a wolf lol

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'll vote him, but the off chance Thor/Pine are actually wolf buddies, and Slandaar is mafia, which is a possibility, i don't to be voting quite yet.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So now Slan is possibly mafia? What happened to me being mafia?

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by Pine »

This is incredibly frustrating.

I feel like 3-player coalitions on the identity of the wolves keeps popping up, but failing to get that fourth vote.

In is case, Nero, Slandaar and I are all in agreement about Boon. Thor's not on board because it's his buddy. Boon won't vote for himself. And TSO is off the reservation doing whatever he thinks this day of the week

Thor + Boon
Mafia is probably Slandaar, though I wouldn't feel offended if people were guessing it to be me

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What is your take on Boon calling Slandaar wolf but being so hesitant to vote him?

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6447 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 6428, T S O wrote:How the hell is this fair to Town?

You are overvaluing townpower in multiball. Town power in multiball always seems low to me I shall provide an example to demonstrate.
Link

This is a good example because it is also a large normal with 2, 3 man, scum teams.

Setup
Town
Doc
Vig

Scum 1
JK/Goon/Goon

Scum 2
BP/1 shot Exe/Goon

It looks low, yes, but it passed review. The multiball aspect balances the setup. The town to scum power ratio is greatly different in multi/non multi games. It's slightly old but I don't play much multiball so eh deal with it, the way people think of balance won't have changed dramatically. If you want to argue that my proposed setup wouldn't pass review provide an example (or two) showing why as my example clearly shows it would.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6448 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 6431, Boonskiies wrote:@TSO - it's not fair to town. By no means do I think there are 4 VT's in this game.

It's a large NORMAL game.

Why wouldn't there be 4 VT's?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6449 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 6442, Nero Cain wrote:he's even calling you a wolf lol

Have been all day.