Would this be a draw game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mark640
mark640
Watcher
mark640
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:12 am

Post by mark640 »

Well really, it depends on the win condition.

1) Mafia win condition: Reduce all enemy factions down to your own living population/You win when you match or outnumber the Pro-Town players.
In this case, if it was 3 mafia vs 3 town = Mafia win.
=> In small games (fewer than 5 mafia), I'd say this win condition is appropriate. As usually, only one mafia would have died (assuming they start of with 4) or no mafia would have died (assuming they start of with 3). In which case, it would be a deserved victory.

2) Mafia win condition: Reduce all enemy factions down to your own total population.
In this case, lets say there were 5 mafia members in total.
1 mafia vs 5 town = Mafia win.

3) Mafia win condition: You win when you eliminate all the Pro-Town players/ You win when there is no possible way Pro-Town players can win the game or no way mafia can lose the game.
=> This is what I usually do for games where I include 5 or more mafia, however ONLY if mafia have 2 or more kills. If they have 1 kill only, then you should do 2).

3) Mafia win condition: You win when you outnumber the Pro-Town players/ when you control the lynch.
In this case, we are discussing what happens when a vote is tied for lynch. This doesn't just have to be during the end of the game, any tie throughout the game this applies to and you should always make it clear in your rules, what will occur in case of ties.

Solutions to a lynch tie:
1) RNG (Random Number Generator) / Flip a coin etc...
2) First to reach X votes, ends the day phase.
3) All candidates tied are killed.
4) No lynch occurs.
5) If more than one tie, then no one is lynched. If there is just one tie between 2 players, then both are killed.
-> I usually do either 4 or 5. Games with fewer than 5 mafia members (or fewer than 13 players), I'd say No lynch occurs. Games with 5 or more mafia (usually 20+ games). I'd do number 5.
Last edited by mark640 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark640
mark640
Watcher
mark640
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:22 am

Post by mark640 »

In post 9, eyestott wrote:you do realise what necromancy is, correct?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9791
The commonly asked questions sticky thread, led to this thread to discuss.

I doubt it really matters whether or not we 'necromancy it', as all discussion about a topic (as important as this), should be discussed in one place IMO.
Easier to reference.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”