Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6250 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6248, Boonskiies wrote:you and pine are wolves together. that's the issue.

Yes - anyone could be partners to Pine - how is that an issue specifically for me?

In post 6249, T S O wrote:I'll make it nice and easy to understand, Thor.

Okay.

In post 6249, T S O wrote:Pine could be Wolf, or could be Mafia.
Pine has claimed Mafia today, but we have to lynch a Wolf. Therefore, we can't lynch Pine if Pine's telling the truth or we lose.
However, Pine could be lying, and could be a Wolf - making our odds of lynching a Wolf quite low.
A silly man called Thor665 is auto-clearing Pine, because no-one has counterclaimed Pine's Mafia claim yet.
He does not understand that counterclaiming would be suicide for the Mafia player, and so there will not be a counterclaim.
Because there won't be a counterclaim, this means that Pine has been cleared, for nothing, with no proof.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Okay?
6. Yes.

What's the issue though?
Because as far as I can tell, the only way your fear matters (no mafia counterclaim and Pne is Wolf) is if we lynch Mafia - and if we start to lynch Mafia I am willing to wager we will get a Mafia counterclaim.

So...what's the issue?
How is this bad for town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I understand how it is frustrating if you are Mafia and now you know Pine is a Wolf, but besides that I don't understand why you are not okay with this.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6250, Thor665 wrote:
In post 6248, Boonskiies wrote:you and pine are wolves together. that's the issue.

Yes - anyone could be partners to Pine - how is that an issue specifically for me?

In post 6249, T S O wrote:I'll make it nice and easy to understand, Thor.

Okay.

In post 6249, T S O wrote:Pine could be Wolf, or could be Mafia.
Pine has claimed Mafia today, but we have to lynch a Wolf. Therefore, we can't lynch Pine if Pine's telling the truth or we lose.
However, Pine could be lying, and could be a Wolf - making our odds of lynching a Wolf quite low.
A silly man called Thor665 is auto-clearing Pine, because no-one has counterclaimed Pine's Mafia claim yet.
He does not understand that counterclaiming would be suicide for the Mafia player, and so there will not be a counterclaim.
Because there won't be a counterclaim, this means that Pine has been cleared, for nothing, with no proof.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Okay?
6. Yes.

What's the issue though?
Because as far as I can tell, the only way your fear matters (no mafia counterclaim and Pne is Wolf) is if we lynch Mafia - and if we start to lynch Mafia I am willing to wager we will get a Mafia counterclaim.

So...what's the issue?
How is this bad for town?

Is this a wolf slip I smell? How can he have a partner if you believe he's mafia?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 6251, Thor665 wrote:I understand how it is frustrating if you are Mafia and now you know Pine is a Wolf, but besides that I don't understand why you are not okay with this.

So, let's say we lynch town.

It's now 2-2-1 with Pine confirmed Wolf.

Mafia shoots Pine, Pine's team shoot ??? out of three people.

If Pine's team hit town, it's 1-1-1 and town automatically lose. We're basically relying on the Werewolf team to keep us in the game.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Boon - I also, in that same post, agreed with TSO that Pine could be lying. So if it's a slip I did it at least twice.

@TSO - Yes, we would be relying on the Werewolf team to keep us in the game if we lynch town today. Just like, prior to Pine's claim, we would have been counting on Mafia to do it if we lynched town. Town has not been in good shape for some time - I don't see why a possible town loss changes the optimal town play for the day though?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by T S O »

And it's cute you calling me Mafia, but I'm the one who's least likely to be Mafia here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 6254, Thor665 wrote:@Boon - I also, in that same post, agreed with TSO that Pine could be lying. So if it's a slip I did it at least twice.

@TSO - Yes, we would be relying on the Werewolf team to keep us in the game if we lynch town today. Just like, prior to Pine's claim, we would have been counting on Mafia to do it if we lynched town. Town has not been in good shape for some time - I don't see why a possible town loss changes the optimal town play for the day though?

Mafia would have had a 2/3 chance of shooting a Wolf - now Wolf has a 1/3 chance of shooting Mafia.

It's worse than it was.
-Marquis
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

either way, Thor or Pine have to be lynched toDay I feel.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by T S O »

Oh, goddamn it, I don't know, I fucking need to grill Pine or something to get some answers
-Marquis
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I wish NERO would post.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

unvote

let me analyze again....ugh.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 6257, Boonskiies wrote:either way, Thor or Pine have to be lynched toDay I feel.

Can you run me through the succession of events around your claim, Boon? I can't remember them.
-Marquis
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Uhm...day 1, i epic implied I had a PR. night 1 Izariael seemed super suspicious, so i tried to lure a NK. day 2 i came in thinking I was shot or never was going to be shot, so i just ended up claiming my role. that's the basis, I think. It was a long time ago, haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Pine »

I'm not Mafia (still VT). I was trying to draw out a Mafia soft-counterclaim while gauging potential Wolf bloodthirstiness

Thor has more or less claimed Wolf at this point. I am a little less confident in my Boonskies!Wolf read now. He could be Mafia (that instant NO YOU AREN'T and subsequent backpedal, but 2-shot BP in addition to the roleblock/rolecop we've seen doesn't make sense) but I don't give a shit about Mafia today. That's for the Wolves to puzzle out, and Town to deal with if we survive the night

So, the matter of Thor's partner. It's still not TSO, as much as his extreme interest in the Mafia kills and QT might make me want to think. That leaves Nero Cain and Slandaar, though Boon is still an option I suppose

Unvote
Vote Thor
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm willing to believe it's Thor and Slandaar. I'm not voting yet, though.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by T S O »

I have no idea how to take this. None.

I'm going to bed, hopefully my brain will work in the morning.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by T S O »

Mod: requesting immediate prod or force-replacement of Nero - this activity level is crazy.
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Pine »

Seconded. I'd prefer a good hard prod to a force-replace, nurturing a replacement at this stage would be nuts
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Thirded. Replacement will be detrimental I feel.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 5.3

[2]
Thor665:
T S O, Pine

[4]
Not Voting:
Nero Cain, Slandaar, Thor665, Boonskiies

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 5 deadline:
(expired on 2015-01-18 06:06:44)

Mod Notes

Nero Cain has been prodded.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 6256, T S O wrote:Mafia would have had a 2/3 chance of shooting a Wolf - now Wolf has a 1/3 chance of shooting Mafia.

It's worse than it was.

Except you're forgetting the wolf shot in the above.
It is not worse.

In post 6263, Pine wrote:I'm not Mafia (still VT). I was trying to draw out a Mafia soft-counterclaim while gauging potential Wolf bloodthirstiness

:neutral:

In post 6263, Pine wrote:Thor has more or less claimed Wolf at this point.

How did I do that - specifically?
By not being bloodthirsty about you?

In post 6269, Aegor wrote:
Nero Cain has been prodded.

:neutral:
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:16 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I think Pine's mafia. I don't think this setup has more than two VT's. Have TSO/Slandaar/Nero claimed? I think it may be beneficial if they did.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6271, Boonskiies wrote:I think Pine's
mafia
WOLF
. I don't think this setup has more than two VT's. Have TSO/Slandaar/Nero claimed? I think it may be beneficial if they did.

was thinking the word scum and mafia, yeah...I do NOT think he's mafia. I repeat. I do NOT think he is mafia.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm going to go watch a movie and be back later but just quickly I think exactly one of Boon/Thor is scum and my guess is Boon.

Leaving the other 2 scum in TSO/Pine/Slandaar. Both Pine and TSO are pretty scummy but if TSO were scum he'd be mafia so we aren't going to lynch him.

My preferred lynch list is Boon or no lynch.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 am

Post by Boonskiies »

No lynching leaves this game way up to chance. We aren't no lynching. It's Thor or Pine.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”