The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17746 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Impossibear »

I require a large ocean. If there is not a large ocean, I will stage a protest. That is all.
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17752 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17747, Maestro wrote:'14's askin' for stuff
#gerroffmahlawn

I demand that Maestro gets a bigger lawn. It's getting uncomfortably crowded.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17755 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17753, Maestro wrote:I just don't see how it's any better than Metallurgy.

Pams HarvestCraft:

Pros: Awesome, fun food options, including some that increase saturation, and others that fill lots of food for low effort. Pretty fruit trees that work with MFR fruit picker. Does not clutter inventory anymore. World gen is unobtrusive. More than a few people specifically asked about it several times and want it in the pack.

Cons: It's just food.

Metallurgy:

Pros: Pretty shinies! Unique armors. Platinum = TE shiny metal. Expanded metals for Tinker's construct. Cheap early game crusher.

Cons: Clutters the fuck out of the ore table. Disabling things fucks with other stuff. Does not handle oregen properly.

The pros in Metallurgy are solved by other mods. Unique artifacts adds things that can satisfy your need to collect stuff, and the effects you can find are more fun than a pretty ingot that does nothing more than sit in your ore chest. We have enough unique armors from other mods, that also add other effects on top of being different than Vanilla armors. Unique Artifacts also adds armors with new enchantments and different looks. TE has added shiny ore to world gen and with digiminer and Thaum cinnabar, among other solutions, shiny metal isn't, and never really was, a big issue. Tinker's has more than enough metals to satisfy what it's used for. AE grinder is one option for early crushing. Tinker's smeltery, now that you can create one as small as 1x1x1, can double ores and is relatively easy to get early on. There are other options as well but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

The pros in Pam's aren't really offered by anything else we have in the pack. The only thing that really comes close is BoP's apple trees. You know Natura's fruit bushes are a crock of shit. They help you survive early but they aren't a long term food solution. Even making them into berry medlies only fills a few food bars. The best thing about Natura's berries are the saturation aspect.

It no longer crowds the world gen. The author adjusted it a lot for 1.7.10 to address the kinds of complaints most people had about it in 1.6.4. You can't even really tell it's in the pack unless you come across a patch of food plants. Botania, BoP and Natura all have their place just fine.

(This is more for others than for M since I know he's just bitching at me about missing shinies :P You'll take your unique artifacts and you'll like it! ♥)
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17758 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Impossibear »

Spoiler: ETL's responses
In post 17756, davesaz wrote:I haven't had tons of time to do testing, so it's going pretty slowly. I'm doing SSP, and haven't reached any of the tech stuff yet.
  • Iron seems a little more plentiful than before.
    It is, but it should be on par, or a little less, than SP3. In SP3 iron gen was through the roof. SP4 iron generation should be more relevant for its uses.

• Coal looks like it's seriously down from SP3. Maybe just unlucky though.
    This could be. I do have a note to bump coal generation up to the same values as iron. This has generally been a good setting for us.

• Tin and copper are way down but that's to be expected with trying to limit oregen to one mod per ore.
    Will update. After disabling tin/copper oregen from like 4 other mods, it's expected that some tweaking will need to happen for these to get it right.

• If tin and copper are really this scarce, then bronze will be a bottleneck. Not saying that's a bad thing, we need a bottleneck now and then. The plentiful amounts in SP3 were crazy so maybe it's just by comparison.
    Oregen in SP3 is close to what we want for tin/copper. See note on last point for this - will adjust.

• Diamonds may be up slightly from SP3, or I might just be luckier this world.
    In my SSP testing, Diamonds were way too scarce. I'm surprised they are more plentiful than SP3 - our current server has an overabundance of diamonds; it was buffed a bit too much but I couldn't change it by the time I realized. I'll need to do some more testing on this myself as it's hard to gauge how you did in your mining. Diamonds are not as critical for advanced crafting in modded - ender pearls are the new diamonds :P - but they are used in a few useful recipes that shouldn't be impossible to get, so having a higher than usual generation here is ok. Will check.

• AE grinder is acceptable for early ore doubling, and the pain of having to stand there holding down the button is a good motivator to get some kind of power running.
    LOL I AGREE! I hate that stupid crank.

• Was yellorite nerfed compared to SP3? I haven't found a single vein yet.
    Depends on the y-level. In SSP I found enough to get started. I made no direct nerfs to the generation (and I didn't change gen values for SP3), so if it seems less than SP3 that could be the mod author's own changes. I will look into it. Big Reactors is going to be mid to late game power, and likely end up powering people's bases for the duration once obtained, so if it's a bit difficult to get at first that's ok. Digiminer will quickly resolve any deficit in Yellorite collection.

Excellent feedback, Arch. This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to know about. Responses in red.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17763 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17761, Maestro wrote:Anyway, how does one switch to Survival and back on the Test Server?

You can't unless OP. I made Klaz and Dav OPs, so they OP others if they are around too. Being OP really can't break anything on the test server. There's no whitelist so I think it's fine.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17765 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Impossibear »

Hmmm...

copper definitely needs to get buffed more.
coal bumped a notch.

i buffed ferrous for sp4 intentionally. in my ssp testing, i saw practically none of it. but it could get bumped back down a notch. doesn't need to be THAT high.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17795 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Impossibear »

SO BEAUTIFUL MAESTROLY
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17804 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Impossibear »

DING DONG THE LAG IS DEAD!!
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17805 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Impossibear »

MYST AGES!

Only 3 ages per player, and
unclaimed ages will be deleted every Sunday at 7 pm EST
. This means you need to tell me the age numbers you are keeping, or add them to the doc to avoid losing something you wanted to keep.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17843 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17842, fuzzybutternut wrote:Exceeding allotted server space wouldn't give an Error code when trying to sign into the CP, though.
We've exceeded server space before and we could still log in to view the servers and everything, we just couldn't start the servers.
Now we can't even log in. Simply clicking the "Servers" tab gives an Error 500, as does trying to sign in to the account.

Dav - this happened once before and happened exactly the same way. When we ran out of space, we couldn't even log in.

I gave them the list of myst ages to delete but haven't yet heard back if that was done yet. If I don't hear from them by 2 I will ask for an update.

ETL
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17844 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17838, Oso wrote:[Add-on edit] Yes, the universe's present for my birthday was to give me a monumental chest cold...must have built up some really bad karma over the last year.

I would suggest kicking fewer puppies.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20029 (isolation #11) » Sun May 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Impossibear »

In post 20028, Maestro wrote:Explain?
which part
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20041 (isolation #12) » Sun May 20, 2018 11:50 pm

Post by Impossibear »

pams no longer drops from grass m :P

as far as stones and stuff, i generally restrict dirt/gravel below y-32. quark marble is the only one that's getting fully disabled so far. but once we got everything on server i can do a profile
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20085 (isolation #13) » Wed May 30, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Impossibear »

Yes, it is INTENDED to be that way for a reason. Flight for the cost of a few mundane blocks is too easy.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20091 (isolation #14) » Wed May 30, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Impossibear »

It has always been 40% - it's meant to be that way. It's absolutely possible to make a realistic "pirate" ship with these ratios. This isn't really a config that I've ever considered changing because it works and is balanced in my opinion. Making certain things "easier for aesthetics" is something to consider more for SSP, and not really for a mod like this on a multiplayer server.

And really, to gain flight IRL you would be talking about at least a 60% ratio depending on what you're hauling. I think the 40% is generous and fair in this regard, especially when you're talking about moving all your containers full of everything you own in one trip, instead of ??? however many it would take on foot or even by teleportation.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20093 (isolation #15) » Wed May 30, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Impossibear »

Maru can yell at me :]
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20167 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Impossibear »

yes when it goes live I'll update the OP with final links etc.

Having it done this weekend is a realistic goal. I will work on it tonight/tomorrow. Sunday I'm busy most of the day so my goal would be to have it done by then. :]

Arch will have to do the twitch thing.
Jangle and ESL!

Return to “The Arcade”