The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17750 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Test server is back with the following changes:
- Sanguimancy removed.
- Pam's HarvestCraft added (see doc for link)

You do not need a new config file at this time.
Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art is cool.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17751 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Klazam »

maaaan

just visited old vanilla. fishy's jungle temple still best MS build
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17752 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17747, Maestro wrote:'14's askin' for stuff
#gerroffmahlawn

I demand that Maestro gets a bigger lawn. It's getting uncomfortably crowded.
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #17753 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 17750, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Test server is back with the following changes:
- Sanguimancy removed.
- Pam's HarvestCraft added (see doc for link)

You do not need a new config file at this time.

Just curious, maybe there's some process going on here I haven't heard about. Why is the information under the "Changelog" tab RE: Pam's HarvestCraft no longer important enough to warrant not including it in the pack? It's another worldgen-heavy mod that doesn't offer anything other than food options. It literally changes nothing about the game other than you now have an overabundance of things that can produce the "chomp-chomp" sound and the particle effect that happens when you eat. There's nothing special about most of the food, and if it crowds out mods that're actually useful like Botania, BoP, Natura, and others...I just don't see how it's any better than Metallurgy.

"don't need"
:wink:
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17754 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:46 am

the way the mod works changes my biggest issue with it, which was full inventory of seeds when I just want wheat. they don't drop from grass anymore. you have to find them. and most of the other players like and want it so it's not a big deal since that change was made. :]

also the change log tab hasn't been updated in a while. I've been busy with school but I'm gonna do some work on it this weekend so it should be updated by then.
Art is cool.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17755 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17753, Maestro wrote:I just don't see how it's any better than Metallurgy.

Pams HarvestCraft:

Pros: Awesome, fun food options, including some that increase saturation, and others that fill lots of food for low effort. Pretty fruit trees that work with MFR fruit picker. Does not clutter inventory anymore. World gen is unobtrusive. More than a few people specifically asked about it several times and want it in the pack.

Cons: It's just food.

Metallurgy:

Pros: Pretty shinies! Unique armors. Platinum = TE shiny metal. Expanded metals for Tinker's construct. Cheap early game crusher.

Cons: Clutters the fuck out of the ore table. Disabling things fucks with other stuff. Does not handle oregen properly.

The pros in Metallurgy are solved by other mods. Unique artifacts adds things that can satisfy your need to collect stuff, and the effects you can find are more fun than a pretty ingot that does nothing more than sit in your ore chest. We have enough unique armors from other mods, that also add other effects on top of being different than Vanilla armors. Unique Artifacts also adds armors with new enchantments and different looks. TE has added shiny ore to world gen and with digiminer and Thaum cinnabar, among other solutions, shiny metal isn't, and never really was, a big issue. Tinker's has more than enough metals to satisfy what it's used for. AE grinder is one option for early crushing. Tinker's smeltery, now that you can create one as small as 1x1x1, can double ores and is relatively easy to get early on. There are other options as well but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

The pros in Pam's aren't really offered by anything else we have in the pack. The only thing that really comes close is BoP's apple trees. You know Natura's fruit bushes are a crock of shit. They help you survive early but they aren't a long term food solution. Even making them into berry medlies only fills a few food bars. The best thing about Natura's berries are the saturation aspect.

It no longer crowds the world gen. The author adjusted it a lot for 1.7.10 to address the kinds of complaints most people had about it in 1.6.4. You can't even really tell it's in the pack unless you come across a patch of food plants. Botania, BoP and Natura all have their place just fine.

(This is more for others than for M since I know he's just bitching at me about missing shinies :P You'll take your unique artifacts and you'll like it! ♥)
Jangle and ESL!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17756 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:38 am

Post by davesaz »

I haven't had tons of time to do testing, so it's going pretty slowly. I'm doing SSP, and haven't reached any of the tech stuff yet.
  • Iron seems a little more plentiful than before.
  • Coal looks like it's seriously down from SP3. Maybe just unlucky though.
  • Tin and copper are way down but that's to be expected with trying to limit oregen to one mod per ore.
  • If tin and copper are really this scarce, then bronze will be a bottleneck. Not saying that's a bad thing, we need a bottleneck now and then. The plentiful amounts in SP3 were crazy so maybe it's just by comparison.
  • Diamonds may be up slightly from SP3, or I might just be luckier this world.
  • AE grinder is acceptable for early ore doubling, and the pain of having to stand there holding down the button is a good motivator to get some kind of power running.
  • Was yellorite nerfed compared to SP3? I haven't found a single vein yet.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17757 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:50 am

Post by Klazam »

In post 17756, davesaz wrote:I haven't had tons of time to do testing, so it's going pretty slowly. I'm doing SSP, and haven't reached any of the tech stuff yet.
  • Tin and copper are way down but that's to be expected with trying to limit oregen to one mod per ore.
  • If tin and copper are really this scarce, then bronze will be a bottleneck. Not saying that's a bad thing, we need a bottleneck now and then. The plentiful amounts in SP3 were crazy so maybe it's just by comparison.
  • AE grinder is acceptable for early ore doubling, and the pain of having to stand there holding down the button is a good motivator to get some kind of power running.

Iron is standard
Finding coal at normal rate
this is fine imo
^
haven't found a diamond vein
Agree
Found some veins of yellorite
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17758 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Impossibear »

Spoiler: ETL's responses
In post 17756, davesaz wrote:I haven't had tons of time to do testing, so it's going pretty slowly. I'm doing SSP, and haven't reached any of the tech stuff yet.
    It is, but it should be on par, or a little less, than SP3. In SP3 iron gen was through the roof. SP4 iron generation should be more relevant for its uses.

This could be. I do have a note to bump coal generation up to the same values as iron. This has generally been a good setting for us.

Will update. After disabling tin/copper oregen from like 4 other mods, it's expected that some tweaking will need to happen for these to get it right.

Oregen in SP3 is close to what we want for tin/copper. See note on last point for this - will adjust.

In my SSP testing, Diamonds were way too scarce. I'm surprised they are more plentiful than SP3 - our current server has an overabundance of diamonds; it was buffed a bit too much but I couldn't change it by the time I realized. I'll need to do some more testing on this myself as it's hard to gauge how you did in your mining. Diamonds are not as critical for advanced crafting in modded - ender pearls are the new diamonds :P - but they are used in a few useful recipes that shouldn't be impossible to get, so having a higher than usual generation here is ok. Will check.

LOL I AGREE! I hate that stupid crank.

Depends on the y-level. In SSP I found enough to get started. I made no direct nerfs to the generation (and I didn't change gen values for SP3), so if it seems less than SP3 that could be the mod author's own changes. I will look into it. Big Reactors is going to be mid to late game power, and likely end up powering people's bases for the duration once obtained, so if it's a bit difficult to get at first that's ok. Digiminer will quickly resolve any deficit in Yellorite collection.

Excellent feedback, Arch. This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to know about. Responses in red.
Jangle and ESL!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17759 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 am

Post by davesaz »

As a more controlled study, maybe I'll go NEI in a digiminer and find out the actual numbers. The sample sizes from strip mining may not be big enough to be accurate. ;)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17760 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 17755, Impossibear wrote:This is more for others than for M since I know he's just bitching at me about missing shinies

Uh, ok. I asked you what had changed since the information on that tab of the Doc and I wasn't bitching about anything. If there were changes made that made it no longer a shitty mod that's what I was asking about, since I obviously only have an opinion of the mod based on what I saw in SP3 or previous.

That said, my desire for Metallurgy isn't just to collect shiny things. It's not nearly as much random-useless-Ore as Pam's is/was random-useless-food. Besides that, I think it's odd to have a hierarchy list of ingots/tools/armor that's about 5 things long. Sue me for wanting other stuff with different options to break up the monotony of ZOMGEVERYTHINGMUSTBEMANYULLYN.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17761 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:17 am

Post by Maestro »

Anyway, how does one switch to Survival and back on the Test Server?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17762 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 17759, davesaz wrote:As a more controlled study, maybe I'll go NEI in a digiminer and find out the actual numbers. The sample sizes from strip mining may not be big enough to be accurate. ;)

Heh. I feel like doing this too.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17763 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 17761, Maestro wrote:Anyway, how does one switch to Survival and back on the Test Server?

You can't unless OP. I made Klaz and Dav OPs, so they OP others if they are around too. Being OP really can't break anything on the test server. There's no whitelist so I think it's fine.
Jangle and ESL!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17764 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:35 am

Post by davesaz »

sp4 (not counting dense ores)
prairie biome

diamond 273 (equal)
gold 461 (up slightly)
iron 1702 (down slightly)
tin 647 (up some)
copper 790 (around half)
yellorite 427 (about 3/4)
coal 848 (way down, less than 1/4 as much)
osmium 867 (down a little)
ferrous 197 (less than 1/2)

sp3 numbers for comparison
diamond 258
gold 305
iron 2080
tin 440
copper 1315
yellorite 559
coal 3808
osmium 961
ferrous 62
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17765 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Impossibear »

Hmmm...

copper definitely needs to get buffed more.
coal bumped a notch.

i buffed ferrous for sp4 intentionally. in my ssp testing, i saw practically none of it. but it could get bumped back down a notch. doesn't need to be THAT high.
Jangle and ESL!

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17766 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:18 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

All of the dimensions work just fine (I obviously didn't test large amounts of Myst ages), but none of them crash the server.

I tried to test some blood magic stuff but I couldn't get the orb of testing to work, so if anyone can figure out something there I'd be very grateful.

Structures spawn correctly. I haven't found any bugs with any world gen structures and they seem to be rare enough to not intrude on building but common enough to not have to run a million blocks to find them.

Lucky blocks spawn correctly.

RogueLikes spawn differently according to biome, apparently. Found a nifty ice one.

Umm, let's see...
The RF Baubles mod works, but I'm not entirely sure
how
it works. I'll do some research and properly test it. Blocks dont crash the server though, so that's a start.

Botania stuff works, as expected.

Ludicrite is ludicrous, but it works.

TT works

TF works and is beautiful as always. All the bosses work (and hurt. ow.)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, AE2 works :D
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17767 (ISO) » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks dav!

ScumPack 4.0 is ready!

The blog has been updated with the new information for the SP4 server. There is a download link there as well. I'll be uploading a copy of the SP3 world for anyone who wants it.

The OP has also been updated - please note that the modded server IP is different! Come to the IRC to join us!
Art is cool.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #17768 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 17762, Maestro wrote:
In post 17759, davesaz wrote:As a more controlled study, maybe I'll go NEI in a digiminer and find out the actual numbers. The sample sizes from strip mining may not be big enough to be accurate. ;)

Heh. I feel like doing this too.

i calculated this once. too bad i dont remember what it all was..
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #17769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Nexus »

Have set up a massive field for crops.

Am making about three stacks of bread per day or so, plus other stuff.

If you want food, please feel free to come to my house (coords will be added later) and take some.

I accept payment in ores or whatever, or take it for free if that's what you want.

If you decide to empty the field out, though, please replant what you take.

Ta.
Trans rights are human rights.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:22 am

nexus is so nice!! thanks nexus :)

I will bring you gifts.
Art is cool.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #17771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Nexus »

Also planning on making more fields for more crops.

Will end up with more wheat than your bodies can handle.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Maestro »

Nexus I haven't yet found words to express my love for your avatar
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #17773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Nexus »

Eucalyptus doors are fuck ugly.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #17774 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Xalxe »

*whistles innocently*

I was going to ask for a whitelist on the Vanilla server but it let me log on anyway. Is your whitelist broken?
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Return to “The Arcade”