Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6050 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6049, Nero Cain wrote:I'll look it up sometime but feel free to remind me why Pine isn't
MAFIA

I'm also agreeing with him that your case on him is really bad. I mean you are "right" that he's scum but the reason presented is lol.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't recall being in a game with you ever?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

there was no reason for the Pine wagon to go from mafia pine to mafia flubber. It was a counterwagon. Flubber was a different alignment. Pine and Flubber are not the same alignment. Pine is a wolf.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

We are in an ongoing game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6052, Boonskiies wrote:there was no reason for the Pine wagon to go from mafia pine to mafia flubber. It was a counterwagon. Flubber was a different alignment. Pine and Flubber are not the same alignment. Pine is a wolf.

This is bullshit. You're suggesting that it was a counter wagon driven by my buddy, when the most I can have is one of those. One person does not a wagon make

Further, your case presupposes that Thor, the leader of the Flubber wagon, was the one doing that, all while attacking and being attacked by me

If you're so certain of Thor that you're using that deduction as a
starting point
for your case on me, you should logically be voting him first, especially given that there's significant support for him

No

You mouthed bussing of your buddy, and selected an entirely different
target
for your mislynch

Also, I'm not Mafia
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6052, Boonskiies wrote:there was no reason for the Pine wagon to go from mafia pine to mafia flubber. It was a counterwagon. Flubber was a different alignment. Pine and Flubber are not the same alignment. Pine is a wolf.

I don't think it was atleast I didn't feel that way, I was just more confident on Flubber. I was also suspicious of Axle and it was clouding my original judgement of the Pine slot.

+ your theory that Pine is wolf and I (since you are calling me mafia) would lead a CW onto my scumbuddy is all kinds of nope.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I assume we are going the "lets lynch a wolf so the mafia crosskills"?

I'm fairly confident that Boons is wolfscum but I am also heavily considering a no lynch. Discuss!

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Nero was the reason I was hesitant on Pine yesterDay. I think I'm blocked, but is there a possibility of Nero being a wolf? Because it's never crossed my mind.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6056, Nero Cain wrote:I assume we are going the "lets lynch a wolf so the mafia crosskills"?

I'm fairly confident that Boons is wolfscum but I am also heavily considering a no lynch. Discuss!

No no lynch. If mafia doesn't cross kill correctly, wolves win.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6057, Boonskiies wrote:Nero was the reason I was hesitant on Pine yesterDay. I think I'm blocked, but is there a possibility of Nero being a wolf? Because it's never crossed my mind.

So now I push my buddy (scripten) when he had no heat on him? I means its nice they you are "trying" but you are caught bro.

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Do you not fucking read, Nero? I said it's never even fucking crossed my mind that you were a wolf. God, I really hate that I think you are mafia because I think you are just too damn ignorant to have made it this far.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So why would you be asking yourself/the town the question if you aren't considering it?

Why HAVE you not considered me a wolf?

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

i got epic tunnel vision on mafia nero.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Pine, remind me of your top 3 scum reads and why.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6058, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 6056, Nero Cain wrote:I assume we are going the "lets lynch a wolf so the mafia crosskills"?

No no lynch. If mafia doesn't cross kill correctly, wolves win.

3/2/1

we no lynch

even if both factions kill a townie its a 1/2/1 game. Wich is still a town loss.

If we were to lynch a wolf today then we'd go into night as 3/1/1 but town would still lose unless there is atleast one crosskill.

So either way we rely on crosskills.

So my thinking was that a nl would give town an extra buffer incase we are wrong but then again I don't think I'm wrong on Boons but even Boon's scum flip requires crosskills so niether seems like a better strategy than the other...idk.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Post by Pine »

FUCK FUCK FUCK

That's the second goddamn time I've lost this post. Spent almost an hour on it, then lost battery. Plugged it in, started typing, moved to a different chair, forgot to plug it back in, lost ANOTHER ten minutes.

Here's the TL;DR version

We lose if we kill Mafia today because we cannot win without at LEAST one crosskill. This doesn't mean Mafia should out themselves, it'd be anti-wincon because they'd get NKed. Even a no lynch requires at least one crosskill, because if both target Townies, 2:1:1 Wolf win. Best chance in half an hour of running outcomes is a Wolf lynch, because then we go to 1:3:1. This is especially true because Wolves still have PRs. That could easily fuck up our chances in the crosskill game. I have a lot more thoughts on this, but it's 3 AM, I have work in the morning, and have already typed it twice.

So, to answer your question, Nero, I had initially written a snarky bit about how looking for three suspects when there's only two wolves was dumb, but eliminating possible Mafia as lynchees is important too

So, Wolves. Unlikely to be TSO, that warning about LYLO at day start didn't sound like a Wolf about to win. So two wolves in {Thor, Slandaar, Boon, Nero Cain}. I have a preexisting scumread on Thor due to his antagonism towards the replacements, his eagerness with the Flubber lynch, and his constant worry that the scum theatre between him and Scripten isn't working. He can't be Mafia (leaping onto Flubber like that proves it) so he's Wolf. 5948, where he tries to draw out his remaining opponent, clinches it. That leaves his partner.

I've recently made my case on Boonskies as the other wolf, it needn't be repeated in detail so soon. The key piece is that he clearly selected a target,
then
made his case, instead of the other way around. He also pulled the classic bus-buddy/vote-Townie trick, and the cog-dis of his case further convinces me

Let's examine other possibilities anyway. I've had a pretty reasonable Townread on Nero Cain since the start, despite a hiccup at 5656. He might be a low-and-slow Mafia, but I'm getting a kind of frenetic vibe from him that fits with a smart Townie in a game that might boil down to kingmaker even if he plays all of his cards right. Slandaar's always been hard to read for me, since our first encounter in Rolling in the Deep. His reads are all over the map, BUT have a great deal of reasoning behind them.

In my opinion, Mafia is probably between TSO (who I'm holding off a deeper analysis of b/c today's focus is wolves) and Slandaar. {Thor, Boon, Slandaar, TSO, NC}. Thor and Boon are Wolves, NC is Town, Slandaar is scumhunting, TSO is hard to read. Gun to my head, I'd say Slandaar Mafia. He stayed away from that Flubber wagon like it was poison

Best guess?

Thor+Boon Wolves
Slandaar Mafia
NC, TSO, Pine Town

Thor's my choice for today

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by Pine »

:facepalm:

That was not a TL;DR version. I suck at those

The original was twice as long, and I hadn't finished

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 6046, Nero Cain wrote:So lets take a look at VCA sans Axle mafia biasness.

Scripten was voting for Cho, Thor and Josh B and Ren's slot has voted for TSO, Cho, and Thor. Flubber has voted Thor and Boon.

prob not mafia-Thor, TSO, Boon
prob not wolf-thor, pine

This makes me think that one of Slandaar/Pine is the last mafia. My guess is Pine.

Leaving Slan, TSO, Boon as containing the last two wolves.

Why are you clearing Thor?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Pine »

That confused me also

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6067, T S O wrote:Scripten was voting for Cho, Thor and Josh B and Ren's slot has voted for TSO, Cho, and Thor. Flubber has voted Thor and Boon.

so both teams voted him. I cleared Shiro for the same reasoning and that worked out fine.

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

HOLY FUCK IT'S THOR AND SLANDAAR!

unvote

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:16 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6069, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 6067, T S O wrote:Scripten was voting for Cho, Thor and Josh B and Ren's slot has voted for TSO, Cho, and Thor. Flubber has voted Thor and Boon.

so both teams voted him. I cleared Shiro for the same reasoning and that worked out fine.

This is weak. It wholly discounts the notion of bussing. People do it

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 6070, Boonskiies wrote:HOLY FUCK IT'S THOR AND SLANDAAR!

unvote

Translation: I picked the wrong target to fabricate a huge bullshit case on, better pick a different one. I know! Let's redirect to the more likely Mafia!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'm looking for wolves.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by Pine »