Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 5620, DrippingGoofball wrote:What is the case on Josh/Pine? The putting off the game by Pine is really scummy.

It's a 200-plus-page game. I'm procrastinating reeeeally hard, and every deadline extension is only making that urge worse. Lemme get through the next couple of days of family shite and I'll be more active

I've been watching what's going on lately, though. Trying to view this as an outsider, but everyone's so entrenched it's hard to read anything decent.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 5598, Thor665 wrote:Oh dear gawd, I'm sorry - is asking you to express your reads troublesome? Very shocking, so sorry - didn't realize that was a faux pas in the game of mafia...which is...y'know, based on reads. Crazy talk, just me, sorry.

Well as long as you are sorry for asking then that's OK. I forgive you for asking an already answered question.
In post 5598, Thor665 wrote:
Why do you scum read Pine?

Garmr had a contradiction in his mentality where he was acting survivalistic but then decided to act like he isn't.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:01 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5627, Slandaar wrote:Garmr had a contradiction in his mentality where he was acting survivalistic but then decided to act like he isn't.

That's really not super convincing.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5618, Nero Cain wrote::igmeou: <----my face after learning that DGB replaced into a game with hoods after making a big fuss about games with hoods.

Eh, she also replaced into a game with me after we agreed to sort of avoid each other. I'm guessing she didn't pay any attention to anything.

In post 5626, Pine wrote:I've been watching what's going on lately, though. Trying to view this as an outsider, but everyone's so entrenched it's hard to read anything decent.

How is your reading going? I'd like an update on status and any thoughts gained thus far from what you have read. We're about to lynch you out of boredom here - that's kind of sad for us but shocking shameful for you.

In post 5627, Slandaar wrote:Garmr had a contradiction in his mentality where he was acting survivalistic but then decided to act like he isn't.

What was that? I don't recall it at all.
Apologies in advance for asking you something that (maybe?) you already stated.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 am

In post 5629, Thor665 wrote:I'm guessing she didn't pay any attention to anything.

Awesome conclusion.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you knew it was neighborhoods and knew I was in the game and made a choice to replace in regardless to play with a gamestyle you don't like and a player you consider absolutely terrible and anti-town?
Okay.
Why?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:15 am

No, I was aware of neither. Just saw a desperate request for a replacement in the queue.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:16 am

Is this question supposed to help figure out my alignment?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

So what did you pay attention to? Do you already have some reads and/or opinions to offer?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:26 am

I paid attention to my role PM, and I'm reading the game real-time.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:32 am

I am also still waiting for permission to view the neighbor PT.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Pine »

In post 5635, DrippingGoofball wrote:I paid attention to my role PM, and I'm reading the game real-time.

This was kind of my attitude, Thor, and generally my SOP for replacing.

There's less utility in reading a backlog than you think. By now, people have entrenched opinions. Scum can often be secure in a Townread, Town can often be screwed due to confirmation bias. The replacement's role is to look at things with new eyes, and that isn't helped if I rehash the old disputes and draw similar conclusions

So I'm holding off on going archive diving.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5637, Pine wrote:There's less utility in reading a backlog than you think. By now, people have entrenched opinions. Scum can often be secure in a Townread, Town can often be screwed due to confirmation bias. The replacement's role is to look at things with new eyes, and that isn't helped if I rehash the old disputes and draw similar conclusions

So I'm holding off on going archive diving.

A few thoughts;

1. I'm openly on record as not particularly being all about reading backlog stuff - I agree with you that it is of debatable use.

2. You were the one who said you would read the stuff, so why did you say that if you never intended to?

3. You also asked for people's entrenched opinions on joining...why do that if your goal is to not be trapped in them and instead discover new thoughts?

4. What new thoughts, if any, have you created? Because you appear to be doing spit all.

My vote on Pine may be less academic now and more serious.

@DGB - so my stated comment about what you didn't pay attention to appears to hold quite accurate. Thanks for being bristly about it. What's your read on Pine's recent response and my above commentary about it?

Also, if I could get a read from you on Flubber that would be helpful.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:29 am

I like Pine, there is a hypnotic, mellifluous quality to his posts. I need much more to judge.

Flubber seems legit.

Do we have a claim summary?

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5640 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:36 am

Post by T S O »

ello dgb
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #5641 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Pine »

In post 5639, DrippingGoofball wrote:I like Pine, there is a hypnotic, mellifluous quality to his posts. I need much more to judge.

Flubber seems legit.

Do we have a claim summary?

Flatterer

Thor, asking people for their opinions lets me know what the established lines are without contaminating my thought process with the backstory that caused them to get there. It also pushes people to commit to a read.

At no point have I said I plan to do a full reread. The only people I'm even going to read in any detail are flipped scum, and I've had about four hours of sleep in the last three days. It's not happening until tomorrow at least

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5642 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:14 am

Whoa, there are only 2 flipped scum?

Might be worth firing up the scumputer.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5643 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5639, DrippingGoofball wrote:Flubber seems legit.

Why? I, and a number of others, hold the opposite opinion. Can you describe how you got to this read?

I don't think you really need a claim summary at this point - the only one that matters is that Boon claimed BP Day 2.

In post 5641, Pine wrote:Thor, asking people for their opinions lets me know what the established lines are without contaminating my thought process with the backstory that caused them to get there. It also pushes people to commit to a read.

You asked 'what you needed to know' which is a bit different from asking for reads.
I was the only one who even came close to responding to you.
You have not asked for any other reads or thoughts since then.
Are you sure your strategy is what you are describing it as? Because if it is - you may need to work on your execution, yeah?

In post 5641, Pine wrote:At no point have I said I plan to do a full reread.

I agree.
At many points you did indicate you would read old stuff - do you disagree with that and/or have you changed your intentions?

In post 5641, Pine wrote:The only people I'm even going to read in any detail are flipped scum, and I've had about four hours of sleep in the last three days. It's not happening until tomorrow at least

No rush at this point, i've given up on getting quick feedback from you. Now I'm just idly curious if I can get you to L-1 prior to you managing anything proactive.
Maybe I can get Slandaar to vote you...

@Slandaar - any interest in voting Pine, the obv. avoid commentary slot?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5644 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 am

Fluber's thoughts seem honest.

Yeah I do need a claim summary, thank you very much.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5645 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5644, DrippingGoofball wrote:Fluber's thoughts seem honest.

Why did you specifically read Flubber?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5646 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:44 am

I was asked by Thor.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5647 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5644, DrippingGoofball wrote:Fluber's thoughts seem honest.

Yeah I do need a claim summary, thank you very much.

Which thoughts of his seem honest? That holds pretty empty for me as a tell also as, when scum, I generally try to avoid having to lie about anything for exactly that purpose. It's not even hard - especially in multiball. So can you expand on this some more?

Claim summary is - everyone who has claimed is either dead, a claimed BP, or me, who claimed 1 shot already used.
That's the summary.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5648 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:41 am

You claimed 1-shot what?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5649 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

jk
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”