Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5575 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Boon - how do you feel about my two expressed thoughts as regards Iz;

1. That I don't see him as scum with Scripten.
2. That I would prefer a Flubber lynch today of the pair.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5574, Boonskiies wrote:If this wasn't multiball and Nero still had his vote on Iz there is no way I'd be voting Iz. I hate multiball.

VOTE: Iz

I've explained my reasoning toward Iz since the beginning of Day 2.

Hi, please check that i have the right reasoning, that i found near the start of D2.

In post 2563, Boonskiies wrote:Anenien was very prominent in our neighborhood last night, along with Iz. I claimed that I have a protective role in the thread, and also asked who people thought would be worth protecting.
I did not claim any role, nor will I be doing so toDay
. The way I said it made it seem like I had a limited use, which Iz pointed out in the thread also. I feel Iz thought he could get some town cred by not killing me after I claimed that I was a protective role, since he most likely thought I was just some noob not knowing what to do, and since he thought I slipped that I had a limited power role, he'd be fine not killing me. I expect there to be at least one scum in my neighborhood, since we are the biggest neighborhood, and Anen is now dead. Goodmorning, Shiro, and Iz have at least one scum there, and I'm banking on it being Iz.

Is that correct?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5571, Thor665 wrote:There was a period of time I was against lynching Reinoe also - being wrong is part of being town. What about the reason specifically says scum intent to you? Also, does this mean you're clearing him of being Wolf/Mafia whichever Reinoe wasn't?

You mean other than the fact that he's blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other? And his reason for doing so is quite silly. He's worried that Beast will be seen as town and not shot at night. That looks like a scum whine to me. I think the only argument you could make is that he wouldn't do something so obviously scummy. Is that what you think? What do you think is the town motivation here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5577, Nero Cain wrote:You mean other than the fact that he's blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other? And his reason for doing so is quite silly. He's worried that Beast will be seen as town and not shot at night. That looks like a scum whine to me. I think the only argument you could make is that he wouldn't do something so obviously scummy. Is that what you think? What do you think is the town motivation here?

I wasn't aware that he was blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other - which faction is he focused on?
I don't follow the Beast complaint.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5577, Nero Cain wrote:You mean other than the fact that he's blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other? And his reason for doing so is quite silly.
He's worried that Beast will be seen as town and not shot at night.

bullshit
read the thread.

that was not just the reason... (that was an explanation of why it was a plausible scum play)
hence it was involved, but not just the reason.

you seem to have left out, the primary reason, which was making sure the scum teams had high motivation to shoot at one another. (at 3:1 that would have been so)
are you not reading or incapable, or purposefully mis characterizing what I said.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5579, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 5577, Nero Cain wrote:You mean other than the fact that he's blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other? And his reason for doing so is quite silly.
He's worried that Beast will be seen as town and not shot at night.

bullshit
read the thread.

that was not just the reason... (that was an explanation of why it was a plausible scum play)
hence it was involved, but not just the reason.

you seem to have left out, the primary reason, which was making sure the scum teams had high motivation to shoot at one another. (at 3:1 that would have been so)
are you not reading or incapable, or purposefully mis characterizing what I said.

okay?

not that "lets lynch a werewolf so they have more motivation to shoot at mafia!" makes a ton of sense either...

I also posted this earlier today.

In post 5488, Nero Cain wrote:

In post 5318, AxleGreaser wrote:No if this game is MB, and beast is WW, and he claims a red check on guy he thinks is mafia. Then when the mafia flips he looks by standard play (in SB) to be conf town. If he gets away with that and no one notices then after a maf!Reinoe lynch, then town will likely think he(beast) is town. Maf will (may) also think he(beast) is a real town cop who wont have another check until night 4. In that situation Maf who will be shooting for WW somewhat (at 2v2) may purposefully shoot around Beast because they assume he is cop and not the real threat that WW are.

I'm assuming that this is his "reasoning" for wanting to kill Beast over Ren but I think that's a bunch of bullshit.

He also said:

In post 5135, AxleGreaser wrote:I think town wincon is best aided by lynching beast the WW first

which is really vague. But I assume that if I ask why he'll point me to 5381.

If I'm misrepping your reasoning for wanting to lynch the wolves why did you not take offense then?

Can you show me your post that talks about you wanting to kill Beast so the wolves have more motivation to shoot mafia?

If 5381 is you explaining plausible scum play...why is it so overjustified? I mean we're all going to understand the concept of scum fakeclaiming a guilty to get a role lynched so why did you feel the need to explain it? Honestly, it comes off more like you whining about Beast living past that day. The last line is especially interesting: (according to your theory that Beast was WW amd mafia might think he's a cop) he'd still be a threat to so they wouldn't kill a guy that can investigate 'cause.....

but the bottom line is, regardless of your "justification" you are arguing to lynch one faction over the other and I really don't think that has ANY town motivation.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5578, Thor665 wrote:I wasn't aware that he was blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other - which faction is he focused on?

He wants to lynch wolves.

Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 4.4

[3]
Izariael:
Nero Cain, Slandaar, Boonskiies
[3]
Pine:
Thor665, Shiro, AxleGreaser
[1]
Boonskiies:
Flubbernugget
[1]
Thor665:
Izariael

[2]
Not Voting:
Pine, T S O

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 4 deadline:
(expired on 2014-12-31 05:24:51)

Mod Notes

A three-day extension has been granted because of Christmas, etc. The day now ends New Year's Eve.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you should prob replace IZ

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:20 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5580, Nero Cain wrote:not that "lets lynch a werewolf so they have more motivation to shoot at mafia!" makes a ton of sense either...

Hmm we are playing mafia that you claim it doesn't make sense to you, woild be perhaps becuase you didn't read (or claim not to have/ or claim not understand)the explanation back then of why.

In post 5580, Nero Cain wrote:If I'm misrepping your reasoning for wanting to lynch the wolves why did you not take offense then?

Lets see whether or not you are misrepping what i said is fact determined by examining what i said and what you represented.
Whether or not i respond to any one particular misrep depends on a variety of things. (most of which are win con related, sometimes I just get pissed off<but its only a game so i try not too>.)

I am pretty sure that while many of your posts could have been responded to and rebutted, I dont hold them or your views in high enough regard to do so. Sorry?
Well I would be sorry except you set the standard for my required civility to you, with
In post 5440, Nero Cain wrote:I have no intention of going to look through your iso but I'm positive that you did say that.

which means that when you post yet more made up crap i can just assume you also still have not bothered going back through the thread and are relying on your demonstrated to be wrong memory of what happened.
I also can assume the thread and the rest of town will also notice that, as i pointed it out rather bit...
So either you are just making noise for effect, and will be ignored, or town deserves what it gets, if listen to your claims, knowing you claim not to have read thread, nor been willing to back up your previous false claims.

Demonstrating that over and over again is now for me just noise.
So I am concentrating on lynching a scum i believe i can get lynched.

At present I expect it is 2v2, so lynching any scum from any faction is fine with me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*yawn*

Axle still scum. Is mafia that got caught defending Ren. Axle legit hunting werewolves=//=town.

AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:28 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5580, Nero Cain wrote:Can you show me your post that talks about you wanting to kill Beast so the wolves have more motivation to shoot mafia?

I wish to point out, you are explicitly claiming to know the reasons I do things are bad/shit/whatever
<Nero: not that "lets lynch a werewolf so they have more motivation to shoot at mafia!" makes a ton of sense either...>

yet here you explicitly state you dont know where I did in fact explain that.
So you have in effect claimed you just made it up without even knowing what I actually said?

Spoiler: My previously stated reasoning fro why Lynchign a WW was betetr for town than lynching a mafia. yesterday
I believe this was the first place I described it.
In post 5054, AxleGreaser wrote:Right now I consider Beast more likely to flip scum, specifically WW. At 3v1 I expect the 1 WW to shoot at Mafia as they are the WWs biggest threat.
(if maf get to effectively control the lynch and their shot the one WW is basically doomed)
As that one WW can still shoot one maf a night, mafia need to finish of the WW team.

and if I had only said it once it might be reasonable for town player trying to figure the game out to miss it.
In post 5313, AxleGreaser wrote:(1)If I thought Beast and Reinoe were exactly equally likely to flip scum, id still lynch the one I thought was from the short stacked (currently prob 3:2) team. I have never played multiball nor read enough mutliball(any?) scum QTs to be sure but I think one team being at 3:1, gives lots of reason for the 1 team to shoot at the 3. because the one team is hooting at them the 3 team also has incentive to end that. From the 3 scum teams point of view yes townies are dangerous as they have votes and are trying to lynch them. The 1 one left in the other team is no effectively a known vig(as he has one nk and is gunning for them)

I prefer that to the situation with 2v2 as I believe it is possible the scum teams may not be quite as likely to shoot at one another in that case.

and then for good measure I said it third time
In post 5318, AxleGreaser wrote:(3) At the end of the game for scum to win they really want to become a voting majority. At 3v1 the short stacked scum team knwo their only chance of victory is to kill all the other team before they simply lynch him, with thread presence or actual majority. The one man WW!scum would have to have rocks in his head not to be shooting at the mafias. As he is shooting at them, he is effectively known to exist (unlimited shot)vig, The mafia team has to have rocks in their heads not to be shooting at him, and merely hoping the WW's shots actually hit Town.
This may even still theoretically apply at this point with 2v2 but I don't know the scum will see what they really ought be doing to maximize their scum teams chances of winning(aka eliminate the rival who has both a gun and a vote).

But hey I agree in MB the scum teams dont want the other one ended too early, as the game gets longer inf the nks go down too soon. However at 3v1 I pretty sure its rocks in the head or shoot at the other guys time.

and nope while i can do that sort of thing, (and i just did)
given this
In post 5440, Nero Cain wrote:I have no intention of going to look through your iso but I'm positive that you did say that.

I have no desire nor reason to pander, to your wishes for me to shit up the thread by restating things not all that relevant anymore. If you want q
So you can make your baseless claims, and I will trash whichever of them I please.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:31 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

that previous post was being edited near the end when it submitted.

Pretty sure i was trying to add
I have no desire nor reason to pander, to your wishes for me to shit up the thread by restating things not all that relevant anymore. If you want quotes you can go find them yourself.
So you can continue to make your baseless claims, and I will trash whichever of them I please, takes my fancy. (I am a bit in holiday mode, and my reasons are already in the thread...)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

The only reason the boons wagon died is because of his activity. Why did everyone lose interest?

Nero is there a reason you keep screaming that axle is town but like the iz wagon more?

Also garmr wagon is terrible
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:33 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 5571, Thor665 wrote:What is your current read on those three slots?

Do you really need me to answer this?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:47 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5588, Flubbernugget wrote:The only reason the boons wagon died is because of his activity. Why did everyone lose interest?

I didn't have any as i didn't like the cases.
I am however currently asking a question, I want an answer to.
I believe boon is likely to remain a highish risk lynch and we _>really<_ want to lynch 1 scum today, at 2v1 scum have an game theoretic imperative too shoot at one another.
The one scum team can pretty much only win if he shoots both of the other team, or gets them lynched.

Want to explain what bit you don't like about it?

preemptive guess. Even, If scummy people are voting it, they can be on the other team...
Indeed under number of scenarios (depending on how exposed or not a scum team thinks they are) driving to lynch the other team then shoot he last one tonight, may be a good MB play.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5581, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5578, Thor665 wrote:I wasn't aware that he was blatantly trying to lynch one faction over the other - which faction is he focused on?

He wants to lynch wolves.

So you agree with me, then, that he is fairly clearly not a Werewolf - so you really wish to lynch someone who is 50% cleared at this stage?

In post 5589, Slandaar wrote:
In post 5571, Thor665 wrote:What is your current read on those three slots?

Do you really need me to answer this?

Yes.

Also, your opinion on my Iz = not Wolf thing would be nice as well. Your connection to the game is starting to feel very tenuous. I do not like it.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 5590, AxleGreaser wrote:[

Want to explain what bit you don't like about it?

preemptive guess. Even, If scummy people are voting it, they can be on the other team...
Indeed under number of scenarios (depending on how exposed or not a scum team thinks they are) driving to lynch the other team then shoot he last one tonight, may be a good MB play.

Garmr and josh were the same slot right?

Recent complete games show garmr as playing to his town meta here. Josh didn't get the opportunity to come up with some insane lynchworthy theory and he's too easy to scumpaint. Pine idk.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5592, Flubbernugget wrote:Recent complete games show garmr as playing to his town meta here.

Expand on this please?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5592, Flubbernugget wrote:Recent complete games show garmr as playing to his town meta here. Josh didn't get the opportunity to come up with some insane lynchworthy theory and he's too easy to scumpaint. Pine idk.

So which specific Garmnr games were you seeing.

And what about those games match what I saw here.

D1. Garmr, was "holy over sensitive soul" when a PBP list poster mentioned him in passing and criticised his points on boon but provided others.
FGarmr who was not seriously pushing boon at the time (go look how wishy washy he was...)
Later says that Anen was chainsawuing or later wking Boon. Neither make much sense nor look like what happened.

On a later day.
I was pushing him and he decides 85% I am scum and wants to 1v1 me. Then he gets better read and swaps onto them.. (woot Garmr has two reads >85%)
he then (IIRC) swaps onto Thor....
I call bullshit. he replaces out. (from memory perhaps the orders little screwed)

Exactly how does someone so sure they caught so many scum.. and not just making stuff up. Decide to replace out?

I tried min 1621 (real quickly), and it didnt to me look much like what i saw here.
I will have other stuff, I want to see meta substantiation of, but something would be start.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5594, AxleGreaser wrote:Exactly how does someone so sure they caught so many scum.. and not just making stuff up. Decide to replace out?

:neutral:
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 5591, Thor665 wrote:Yes.

T/S/S in that order.

I assume you have obtained something useful from this?
In post 5591, Thor665 wrote:
Also, your opinion on my Iz = not Wolf thing would be nice as well.

They can be buddies; Scripts lack of vote can easily be distancing. That said I linked Iz to Reinoe yesterday and I do expect that connection to prove correct.
In post 5591, Thor665 wrote:
Your connection to the game is starting to feel very tenuous. I do not like it.

My connection to the game doesn't really exist currently as I don't have the time. I have tried to keep somewhat active though. Dislike it, but what has it got to do with anything?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:09 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5595, Thor665 wrote:
In post 5594, AxleGreaser wrote:Exactly how does someone so sure they caught so many scum.. and not just making stuff up. Decide to replace out?

no idea what you are neutral about...

In post 3447, Garmr wrote:i'm town but I really don't want to play this game and
I can't be bothered hunting.
SO going to let you guys if you want to mislynch me or for me to replace out.

(Axle Bolded for Emph.)
Where is the bothered to scum hunt come into it,
he was "1v1" sure that I was scum, which he set at 85%, but it is still 1v1 sure. (even it was just boasting for his ego...)
In post 3429, AxleGreaser wrote:Thor is scummier than Boonskiies, who is scummier than me(Axle) who you already set at 85% likely to flip scum (AKA really 1v1 sure)

So why hunting?
he just caught 3 scum according to towny!him.

BS.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5596, Slandaar wrote:
In post 5591, Thor665 wrote:Yes.

T/S/S in that order.

I assume you have obtained something useful from this?

Oh dear gawd, I'm sorry - is asking you to express your reads troublesome? Very shocking, so sorry - didn't realize that was a faux pas in the game of mafia...which is...y'know, based on reads. Crazy talk, just me, sorry.

Why do you scum read Pine?

In post 5596, Slandaar wrote:My connection to the game doesn't really exist currently as I don't have the time. I have tried to keep somewhat active though. Dislike it, but what has it got to do with anything?

Well...it has to do with the game - another crazy thought. Why the hell is that remotely unexpected to you? Of *course* I don't like it when someone playing the game is disconnected from it - derp?

In post 5597, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 5595, Thor665 wrote:

no idea what you are neutral about...

You find that to be a valid and fair tell?
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Aegor »

Izariael is being replaced. He has until a replacement is found to post. Deadline may again again be extended based on the stated need of the replacement.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”