Mini 444 - Reverse Mafia Vanilla (Stopped)

yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:49 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The amusing thing is, asking for a deadline won't do much, since even if you are revived Yos, then that still doesn't generate discussion.

How about you, someone who is considered by some people to be a good candidate for revival, to pick someone else to revive, and explain why we should revive them? Then, the majority chosen pro towners, pick people.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Zindaras »

[quote="Zindaras"]Looking at it, it would seem that LML, Yossy, Vel-Rahn Koon, logictitus, yellowbounder and I are the most named candidates for revival. We should discuss those candidates and narrow the field. I'd like you all to weigh in on them all.[/quote]

The response to this question is underwhelming:

Response List:
johhan
Relph
Vel-Rahn Koon
Yosarian2
LoudmouthLee
logicticus
DeanWinchester
KaleiÐoscøpe
(has not directly answered my question, but Post 140 will suffice.)
Patrick

yellowbounder
Machiavellian-Mafia
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:38 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Zindaras wrote:Looking at it, it would seem that LML, Yossy, Vel-Rahn Koon, logictitus, yellowbounder and I are the most named candidates for revival. We should discuss those candidates and narrow the field. I'd like you all to weigh in on them all.
Fine. I'm not going to talk about myself, since everyone wants themselves alive. No questions about that.

Brief impressions, will post more hopefully later today:

V-R K: Didn't post last page.

Yossy: The player with too many posts (as in intimidating :D), and one that has a case partially based on that experience. Makes fairly logical, consise arugments, so I'm not against. But, could be scums. I mean, look at his post count! [/newbieparania]

LML: Bad karmaed me. Grrr.

Zindaras: Considers me a potential player for revival. I'm chuffed, honestly. Pro town. Ish. Maybe. Will check.

But, the problem with just voting Yossy on the bench, is that even if suddenly, he is alive, it's not going to spark discussion, is it? We don't get knowledge from the mod of his alignment, nor does it actually affect the next day 0.5 in anyway.

Just randomly running in and voting someone isn't the answer here, if you want your vote to spark discussion.
Of course the counter point is that the sooner we get to the interger day stages, where the revivies can vote only, is when it's going to get interesting. But there's no point in reviving someone just to spark discussion, because it won't.

And:

MOD: WILL YOU DO SOMETHING? PLEASE?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, do we have a mod here?

Anyway, looking at the list of people Zind wants us to comment on:

Zinderas: Eh, his latest posts are good pro-town play, trying to get teh conversation going and get comments on specific people. Dosn't mean he's pro-town, of course, but at least he's helpful. I'd consider reviving him.

LML: Needs to post more; he's been lurking for quite a while now. His early posts at least make sense and seem reasonable, but that's dosn't really say much about his alignment as he's quite good at sounding reasonable when scum. From my point of view, I guess I consider him voting for me to be revived while he was also a revival option to be a weak pro-town tell, but nothing I'd bet the farm on. I'm pretty much neutral on him right now, and definatly would not consider reviving him early unless he becomes more active.

Yellowbounder: I like the way he's thinking in general, and he's quite active. It's really hard to get any definate readings on anyone in this game, but if I had to guess, I'd say more likely pro-town then not. Might consider him for revival.

Vel-Rahn Koon: Meh. Some reasonable posts early on, but nothing that screams town to me. Has been lurking since the 4'th. I would not vote to revive him early without a lot more activity from him.

logicius: Again, like most of the game, hasn't posted enough lately. That being said, I don't really get a scum vibe from his posts. He dosn't really seem like scum to me.

Basically, my second choice to be revivied at this moment (after me, obv) is probably Zinderas, and my third is probably Yellowbounder, although hopefully we'll have more to go on then we do now by the time we get up to the third revival.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm here. Nothing else to really add. I do think we need to start reving poeple.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

DeanWinchester wrote:I'm here. Nothing else to really add. I do think we need to start reving poeple.
Come on DeanWinchester, is that the best you can do?
What about the people you consider protown, or any vibes you're getting, or how you think we should do this revival process differents, instead of just stating the
point of the game.

Bad Karma: DeanWinchester
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:02 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Zindaras wrote: Looking at it, it would seem that LML, Yossy, Vel-Rahn Koon, logictitus, yellowbounder and I are the most named candidates for revival. We should discuss those candidates and narrow the field. I'd like you all to weigh in on them all.
LML: Supporting Yos early with nothing to back up that support makes me suspicious. I also note from Yos' list that he's the person that Yos had the most to say about. Not sure how to interpret that since it's been suggested that Yos and LML are linked.

Yos: Most of the posts so far have been strategy-type posts - helpful but lacking substance as far as actually looking for someone to revive. Also early on, LML was a viable candidate for him to revive, but with the current list, that's changed a bit. What's happened?

Log: Out of all the suggested candidates, he's gone the farthest towards actually looking for people to revive. When read in isolation, has several good points about the Yos/LML links. As of now Log is my #1 candidate for revival.

YB: I've agreed with his stance about self-voting being a non-productive way to run the game - it's basically a nul tell. He's had some good discussion, but there have also been some things that have made me take pause, such as the random vote for Yos when the game seemed to be slowing down.

Zin: Zindy has taken a lead in the discussion, which I'm ok with since I believe he's town. His posts have been along the same lines as Log, except he's focused on DeanWinchester. Another person for revival.

As of now, I think Dean is my main "absolutely not" person for revival. Not liking the lack of content, or the defensiveness in his posts.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:57 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Log: Out of all the suggested candidates, he's gone the farthest towards actually looking for people to revive. When read in isolation, has several good points about the Yos/LML links. As of now Log is my #1 candidate for revival.
How about a post by post analysis of logicticus, and I'll try and be as devil's advocate as possible.

First Post
"Self voting is pointless and bad, and isn't that what happened last time?"

Second Post
Relph wrote:Anyway, why would you give me bad karma if other people have previously done the same?
"No one's random voted you know, apart from you." - (actually, in an amusing twist of irony, in my last post, I voted randomly for logicticus)

Third Post
"Yes, Yos, LML would be excellent to revive. But only if he's town. OMG, WHAT IF WE REVIVE HIM AND HE'S SCUM!

Post in the Middle Which I Didn't Notice
"LML, people think you're scummy because both you and Yos want each other alive, while wanting yourselves alive."

Fourth Post
Self hammaing is bad, unless there's been some discussion, and you've stayed at R-1. We should discuss who not to revive right now, although we need to revive someone, at some point.

Fifth Post
Dealing with suspected/practically known scums on the live bench is something we will do when we get to it.

Sixth Post
So I guess what I have come up with from all of this is that I dont like the foundation that LML is linking himself to Yos2 and I like Zindys thinking.
Seven/Eighth Posts
"Prod and I'm sorry for not posting."

Okay, logicicus has made one fairly large post about the possible links between Yos, and LML, and how LML seems to be a bit eager to revive Yos, and visa versa.

Let's use the logic that LML and Yos are linking each other with in a different way.

When reading logicticus' posts, I see that he's made, and shares the same feelings for, self voting. Even if logicticus has the same logic as myself, does that mean that I'm going to be waving the
Revive Logicticus Today!
flag all the way down the bandwagon?

Sure he uses the same logic, but that doesn't mean that he shares the same views.

In response to him being your #1 candidate, he's not posting that much at the moment, kind of quietly sitting on the sidelines. *goes to check the date*. Okay, he hasn't posted in 8 days. That's a long time, especially since his last post was promising content.

Sure, he seems townish, but I'm not really for reviving people who don't post very much.

Of course, the mod prodding people would be fantastic!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: Yos: Most of the posts so far have been strategy-type posts - helpful but lacking substance as far as actually looking for someone to revive. Also early on, LML was a viable candidate for him to revive, but with the current list, that's changed a bit. What's happened?
Note I never actually said LML should be revived. All I said was that if we were going to revive an experenced player, he wouldn't be a bad choice, but that I didn't have a read on his alignment yet.

Well, I still don't have a read on his alignment, the lurking is not helping, and there are other people who now look at least somewhat pro-town to me. And like I just said, I'm not going to vote to revive a lurker, especally not this early in the game when we really need the first 3 revivals to be active players because they'll be the ones with the votes.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:43 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I've said who I don't like.

YellowBounder and Zindaras.

I still have a pro-town feeling off Yos.

My oppinions havn't changed which is why I have nothing else to say.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:10 am

Post by yellowbounder »

It's just one word, Yellowbounder! No capitals in it!

DeanWinchester, what about your opinions of other people that have been mentioned? Sure, your opinions (that you've never given any reason for apart from "gut") haven't changed, but that's just three people. There are quite a few other people currently under discussion.

I would bad karma you, but that would be impolite.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:28 am

Post by logicticus »

If I had to rank the 6 that are being discussed (not including myself, of course). It would look like this:

1) Zindaras - I like the way he challenged LML early on regarding the assumption that Yos and him were making good logical sense. This lead me to my pbp anaylists earlier on.

2) VRK - Although there are at least 3 mentions of RL kicking his ass (which I can view as making excuses for not posting which tends to be a scum thing to do), his tone of posts and the information he is conveying are town like. While a lot of rereading this game has been reading the same concept written by 4 different people, few of his posts were like that and I like original thought.

3) Yos2 - Kind of the info guy of the game. From the first reverse mafia, he gained some experience and has been relaying that on to us. Defending random voting as not completely worthless when many people were railing against it. Taking unpopular stands and the logically backing it up always looks good to me.

4) LML - First post discussed developing a solid game plan that we follow, which we never did (I would like to open this up to a little more discussion. VRK later stated it was a bad idea because the scum could poke holes in it and exploite it, but developing a game plan and talking strategy are not the same). Accuses YB and Relph of being scum and not a fan of MM. Of all the players, has taken stances against the most. Very quiet lately which seems unlike him. I already discussed why I thought his linakage between him and yos2 were bogus.

5) YB - Not much content in posts. When I went through and made notes, I noticed there just wasnt much there. The one thing he did mention was a sort of kingmaker style where the person with the most karma puts someone up for nomination and I guess we all vote. I am totally against this empowerment. While I understand the frustration that we all feel because the pace of this game is slow, it is always in the towns favor to discuss more and not be rash. This is even more true in this game.

vote zindaras
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

It's not a gur feeling. Its the fact that you two are heavily trying to get revived by making me out to be a bad guy. You have done a lot of mud flinging and bagering the mod, to try and look good.

And zindaras push to narrow the feild feels like a push to get him or a scumbuddy revived.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Patrick »

Why is badgering the mod a bad thing? We sorely need him around if this game is going to survive.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I think yellowbounder shouting for the mod to prod twice in five posts in about 24 hours is extreme no matter what. Not to mention yellowbounders tone.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:06 am

Post by yellowbounder »

DeanWinchester wrote:I think yellowbounder shouting for the mod to prod twice in five posts in about 24 hours is extreme no matter what. Not to mention yellowbounders tone.
I know the guy in MeatWorld. I'm allowed to have a tone.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

DeanWinchester wrote: And zindaras push to narrow the feild feels like a push to get him or a scumbuddy revived.
(shrug) I think he was just listing everyone that people had said they were in favor of reviving. If there's someone else who's not on Zind's list who you think should be revived, I'd be interested to hear it.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Patrick wrote:Why is badgering the mod a bad thing? We sorely need him around if this game is going to survive.
QFT

So...

MOD!?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I'm going to contact MeMe. Delly's disappeared in Stargate SG-1 as well.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:45 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Massive
apologies for absence. I am back now, and there will be vote count/karma count/prod activity today. Pinky promise.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 am

Vote Count:

Yosarian2 5 - (Yosarian2, johhan, DeanWinchester, yellowbounder, LoudmouthLee)

Zindaras 2 (Patrick, logicticus)
KaleiÐoscøpe 2 - (Relph, KaleiÐoscøpe)
logicticus
LoudmouthLee
johhan
Relph
Vel-Rahn Koon
DeanWinchester
Patrick
yellowbounder
Machiavellian-Mafia

7 to revive.

Karma Count:

Yosarian2 ~ 2

KaleiÐoscøpe ~ 1
yellowbounder ~ 1
LoudmouthLee ~ 1
logicticus ~ 1
Vel-Rahn Koon ~ 1
johhan ~ 0
Zindaras ~ 0
Patrick ~ 0
Machiavellian-Mafia -2
DeanWinchester ~ -3
Relph ~ -4
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:10 am

I will be issuing a blanket prod so I don't have to go and check everyone's individual last post times. Don't be offended if you receive one but are active.
#greenshirtthursdays
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, very cool, glad you're back CD. We're probably going to need some replacements, but I guess we'll see who responds to the mass prod first.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm still here guys, and willing to the play the game if we've got enough interest and a mod.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:28 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Still here. Nothing further to say.