Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5271, reinoe wrote:Why do you think someone with an illness in the family and going on v/la in all their games should be vigged?

Actually I think they should replace out - but that is neither here nor there - he was a non-entity prior to the v/la.

In post 5273, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5255, Thor665 wrote:Beast's new claim is so bad he's kind of selling me.

Are you saying that you don't think scum would change their claim like that?

Yes.
Just as paranoia is a town tell, I find sturdy stubborness to be a scum tell.

In post 5273, Nero Cain wrote:Iz is good but I'd also be fine with bullets for GM.

Yes.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 am

Post by T S O »

Because your crumbing is shit and your claim magically happens to make you more useful than reinoe tonight.

And I have seen scum pull this shit before a la PA in fe. you were there too, fwiw.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:59 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 5275, Thor665 wrote:
In post 5273, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5255, Thor665 wrote:Beast's new claim is so bad he's kind of selling me.

Are you saying that you don't think scum would change their claim like that?

Yes.
Just as paranoia is a town tell, I find sturdy stubborness to be a scum tell.

I wish DGB were here to slap some sense into you.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:03 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 5276, T S O wrote:Because your crumbing is shit and your claim magically happens to make you more useful than reinoe tonight.

And I have seen scum pull this shit before a la PA in fe. you were there too, fwiw.

When I have ever been good at crumbing and how the hell would you have liked me to crumb?

Also, would like to point out that I am not PA but rather: "I am me and no one else!"

TSO, you know I am town so why are you voting me?

ALso, I am more useful than reinoe in general because I am freaking TOWN!!!!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 5277, goodmorning wrote:I wish DGB were here to slap some sense into you.

If DGB where here I would never have joined the game. It got too personal for my taste last time we played together.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

Post by T S O »

Beast, I don't know you're town. That's the thing. I always, always try to give you the benefit of the doubt due to you being p cool, which someday will fuck me over, but I was kinda believing you right until the change.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 am

Post by beastcharizard »

What did you want me to do? Keep my real role a secret and get lynched then have the whole game be like: "WHy the hell didn't beast claim his real role? That was stupid. I would have believed him if he said he was a prime night cop." I wasn't going to let that happen. Prime night is an odd role variable so in general it is harder to believe which is why I tried to crumb it. I decided to not truthfully claim my modifier because I thought I would get Reinoe lynched then have another chance to find scum tonight.

I claimed my real role as a last resort so we at least get a scum lynch today and scum HAVE to shoot me tonight.

After we lynch reinoe the chances of me being alive are slim to none. There is a much greater gain from a reinoe lynch and a much greater loss from a me lynch. You should see that this is the case.

If I were scum this would literally be a suicide mission for no damn reason. I know I could have gotten out of being today's lynch as scum.

Also, you not seeing that I am town is going to fuck you over right now today.

If I am not dead tomorrow then we can lynch me for all I care. I just want the reinoe lynch today. I probably won't live to tomorrow anyway because I have caught half the scum team already and they need me to be shut up.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5282 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by reinoe »

beastcharizard wrote:What did you want me to do? Keep my real role a secret and get lynched then have the whole game be like: "WHy the hell didn't beast claim his real role? That was stupid. I would have believed him if he said he was a prime night cop." I wasn't going to let that happen. Prime night is an odd role variable so in general it is harder to believe which is why I tried to crumb it. I decided to not truthfully claim my modifier because I thought I would get Reinoe lynched then have another chance to find scum tonight.

I claimed my real role as a last resort so we at least get a scum lynch today and scum HAVE to shoot me tonight.

After we lynch reinoe the chances of me being alive are slim to none. There is a much greater gain from a reinoe lynch and a much greater loss from a me lynch. You should see that this is the case.

If I were scum this would literally be a suicide mission for no damn reason. I know I could have gotten out of being today's lynch as scum.

If I am not dead tomorrow then we can lynch me for all I care. I just want the reinoe lynch today. I probably won't live to tomorrow anyway because I have caught half the scum team already and they need me to be shut up.

And the academy award for overdramatic actor goes to...
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5283 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Ren, what do you think of GM *clearly* calling Beast scum and not hammering thus artificially prolonging the game?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5284 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5274, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 5272, T S O wrote:prime night cop

how about fucking no, beast

vote: beastcharizard

no idea if I was doing this already but seriously what the fuck

So you are going to lynch me because you don't like my actual role? Tell me how any of what I have done equates to scum me.

Think for a second TSO, I actually tried to crumb some sort of hint to this. Do you think I planned this all along as an elaborate claim change for town credit or is it more likely that what I said is true and that I claimed even night so I could be kept alive and get another result?

Also if I am kept alive scum have to shoot me or run the risk of being copped.

Hi.
Spoiler: crumbs
FYI crumbing works like this. You crumb something that when viewed in hindsight matches what you claim and not a lot else. Normally that is hard as you have to crumb something everybody knows to look for however in your case you claim you were blessed with the unique possibility of crunbing something seriously unbelieveable, hence unexpected, a prime night cop.
There are 7 ways you were lucky with that. In that if you had been delayed because of your prime rib roast dinner. or 3 blind mice could have found your crumbs. And the prime candidates for that would have been .... and FFS there are 17 different ways that is arse up. 5 days a week Id have believed you, but i get weekends off. 19 days to my birthday woot.
and if the first 6 or 7 prime numbers were somewhere in your posts... and the word prime, then it would be holy WTF maybe he at least always planned this.
but math as crumb for prime... come on.
math is the crumb for fibonacci, perfects squares triangular numbers, ... there is no aha moment.
BTW, I do understand and expect all my crumbing will forever suck, even though I know that ^^^^, so I expect wont play and try to rely on them

and nope I dont think you planned this all along, and i dont think you crumbed prime. I think you went back and found it.

I also think you noticed my argument earlier that, as an even night cop, you not getting shot would not even look surprising as you wont get another check until N4 and even then with two teams you are a threat to both, how do they decide which one shoots you and avoids the double tap. Thus you needed a way to not be that, so you changed your claim. What was odd was you changed your claim then claimed that somehow made a difference to who we ought vote, but you never explained how or why you had outed that you claim you had another check tomorrow.

Thus as claiming even cop, does not put a target on your back, you claiming cop with red check on a guy you think is from the other scum team, made total sense as scum.
upping your risk only when close to lynch also makes sense.

Does you claiming cop as town make sense?

yes you went through the motions of trying to get your read lynched. but did it feel like a genuine effort that tried like towny until you gave up in frustration? Nope, it looked half hearted to me.

yes (as scum or town) you thought that Reinoe was on the other scum team yesterday and scum read him yesterday, so no that is not uniquely towny either.

basically from might point of view. That you claimed a red check means we are forced today to 1v1 you and reinoe...
but other than that
I am ignoring it and lynching the scummiest guy first.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5285 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5281, beastcharizard wrote:I claimed my real role as a last resort so we at least get a scum lynch today and scum HAVE to shoot me tonight.

If its MB which team would have to shoot you?

I dont know that, indeed as you were at L-1 and as you pointed out GM was all up for lynching you, you appeared to be on tic toc time for me.

Also
What the actual fuck.

I know I could have gotten out of being today's lynch as scum.

So as scum you claim you know you could have got out of the lynch and so .... we would have lynched... err Aegor? no wed have lynched Reinoe and you *
know
* you could have done that as scum?

Pray tell.

Why didnt you do that as town?

another scum claim....
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5286 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5272, T S O wrote:prime night cop

how about fucking no, beast

vote: beastcharizard

no idea if I was doing this already but seriously what the fuck

In post 5276, T S O wrote:Because your crumbing is shit and your claim magically happens to make you more useful than reinoe tonight.

how come you appear to be making more sense than anyone else?
you must have stopped beating your wife or something... am I rite.
yeah its rhetorical.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5287 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 5285, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 5281, beastcharizard wrote:I claimed my real role as a last resort so we at least get a scum lynch today and scum HAVE to shoot me tonight.

I dont know that, indeed as you were at L-1 and as you pointed out GM was all up for lynching you, you appeared to be on tic toc time for me.

Also
What the actual fuck.

So as scum you claim you know you could have got out of the lynch and so .... we would have lynched... err Aegor? no wed have lynched Reinoe and you *
know

Pray tell.

another scum claim....

My goal as scum would have been to not be lynched. My goal as town is to get scum lynched hence why I claimed when I did and what I did. You wouldn't have lynched Reinoe without me claiming and you know it.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5288 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 5285, AxleGreaser wrote:If its MB which team would have to shoot you?

If there are two then it would be both. There might just be one, only flips will tell.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5287, beastcharizard wrote:
Spoiler: quote history
In post 5285, AxleGreaser wrote:

Also
What the actual fuck.

[quote="continued from inside spoiler: Axle Wrote:
know

Pray tell.

another scum claim....

My goal as scum would have been to not be lynched. My goal as town is to get scum lynched hence why I claimed when I did and what I did. You wouldn't have lynched Reinoe without me claiming and you know it.[/quote]

Your post was on the topic of you making your prime night role claim

In post 5281, beastcharizard wrote:What did you want me to do? Keep my real role a secret and get lynched then have the whole game be like: "WHy the hell didn't beast claim his real role? That was stupid. I would have believed him if he said he was a prime night cop." I wasn't going to let that happen. Prime night is an odd role variable so in general it is harder to believe which is why I tried to crumb it. I decided to not truthfully claim my modifier because I thought I would get Reinoe lynched then have another chance to find scum tonight.

After we lynch reinoe the
chances of me being alive are slim to none
. There is a much greater gain from a reinoe lynch and a much greater loss from a me lynch. You should see that this is the case.

So, in the above up to there, you are talking about your prime night claim (not the original and the red check)
(and NO,
your even night claim was not suicide mission
, which you made when the threat of your lynch as smaller)

As previously explained you being WW claiming check on mafia Reinoe is
not a suicide mission
, best case is Reinoe is mafia, and the mafia team believe your claim and dont even bother shooting you as they think you are just a nerfed town cop, without even a check until n4. (and even that check is risk to both factions, so why should mafia waste a shot.) (not suicide at all)

Your subsequent prime night cop claim does up the risk for you, as scum.mafia faction is probably very sure you are scum.WW, or at worst a cop with claimed N(3,5,7,11)check. but hey lynching him instead of you is strictly a better option at this point in the day.

Spoiler: hypothetical scum thoughts
(frankly i believe scum even if they know you are town, would still think you were an eve night cop) So your suicideness has not in practice changed for me.

If I were scum this would literally be a
suicide mission
for no damn reason. I know I could have gotten out of being today's lynch as scum.

Also,
you not seeing that I am town is going to fuck you over right now today

ReallY? "
" I thought you were convinced i was scum and part of that half of the scum team you had caught.
You appear to know i am town...

Your ducks don't line up, you're scum.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5290 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5288, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 5285, AxleGreaser wrote:If its MB which team would have to shoot you?

If there are two then it would be both. There might just be one, only flips will tell.

but then there would always be the excuse for you not flipping and getting shot that both teams thought the other would shoot you...
so yeah even with the prime night claim, there will be nothing but WIFOM.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5291 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

That was to TSO! You can't just choose that my messages are at you.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5292 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5291, beastcharizard wrote:That was to TSO! You can't just choose that my messages are at you.

what was? If I stuffed up the quotes pls tell me. (I dont do that as any alignment == its lame)
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5293 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

@THREAD

yep mea culpa
I fsked up and mistook beast reply to TSO as being to me. sry.

Although this post does not mention TSO in context it is clear it is too TSO.
In post 5281, beastcharizard wrote:Also, you not seeing that I am town is going to fuck you over right now today.

In post 5289, AxleGreaser wrote:ReallY? "Also, you not seeing that I am town is going to fuck you over right now today." I thought you were convinced i was scum and part of that half of the scum team you had caught.
You appear to know i am town...

Your ducks don't line up, you're scum.

yep the rest of the ducks don't line up but that one is a fsk up by Axle.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5294 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

WIFOM is probably true no matter what.

Lets go with the scenario that we lynch Reinoe. Reinoe flips scum so we at least know I am not on Reinoe's team. I made the assumption reinoe was mafia at first, but lets say that reinoe flips WW. What then?

Lets say I get another guilty tonight. I would have already gotten one scum lynched so a second one would have to confirm that I am at least some type of cop. If they aren't the same team then it is impossible for me to be scum.

If this is SB then I will never be in the clear until we win or I am lynched and flip town.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5295 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I have a problem about not addressing posts to people.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5296 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Axle is once again pushing a really dumb angle. If he's a town cop or if he's a a scum cop the chances of that not dying is p slim. Like that's just very basic mafia theory. Now scum sometimes will keep a pr alive so all the dumb townies are all like "why isn't that dead. it must be scum!" but the chances of that getting shot are p high.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5297 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5296, Nero Cain wrote:Axle is once again pushing a really dumb angle. If he's a town cop or if he's a a scum cop the chances of that not dying is p slim. Like that's just very basic mafia theory. Now scum sometimes will keep a pr alive so all the dumb townies are all like "why isn't that dead. it must be scum!" but the chances of that getting shot are p high.

rubbish

If the game is MB then a town cop is threat to both factions which wastes the shot they could be eliminating the other faction with by shooting the cop? Especially when he (before last even less believable claim) he wasnt an actual cop until N4. The threat he may cop check one of your team and not the pother is was less than the immediate threat of the other scum team wiping your team out.
Shooting preferentially at the other team instead of the cop is entirely plausible excuse for the even night cop not to die tomorrow.

hence I make the argument the play was not suicide.
Not a dumb angle at all. Beasts defense of himself is the play is suicide, I show its not necessarily so.

When you say "Now scum sometimes will keep a pr alive so all the dumb townies are all like "why isn't that dead. it must be scum!"" you are drawing on your experience from sb ball games, and in those yes its true that scums usually shoot cops automatically. So the chnaces if the game is SB are pretty high of getting shot eventually. My point was however, it is not a suicide play by beast.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5298 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

What do I have to do to get reinoe lynched?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5299 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5294, beastcharizard wrote:WIFOM is probably true no matter what.

Lets go with the scenario that we lynch Reinoe. Reinoe flips scum so we at least know I am not on Reinoe's team. I made the assumption reinoe was mafia at first, but lets say that reinoe flips WW. What then?

Lets say I get another guilty tonight. I would have already gotten one scum lynched so a second one would have to confirm that I am at least some type of cop. If they aren't the same team then it is impossible for me to be scum.

If this is SB then I will never be in the clear until we win or I am lynched and flip town.

Lots of ifs.

reasons to think it is more likely than random to be MB.
Yes you did say the game was MB originally. You stopped saying it was MB well after I pointed it was not suicide play by you if it was.
Reinoe also claims it is MB.
(there is some chance one of you is town and telling the truth.)

That a WW (instead of mafia) has flipped indicates better than random odds its MB.
That a WW has flipped and you claim the host did not go with the more thematically normal seer, (but cop and guilty) indicates better than random odds its MB. (hosts frequently give town an even break and let at least some member know that it is SB. If this is SB, with WW and a cop that gets guilty, then this host decide to make it impossible and tad misleading for town to decide if it is MB or not. That is Possible, not bastard, but less likely than random.

There are even more if's

What if Beast flips rolecop?

As previously stated I am lynching what I see as the scummiest guy. I also like that I think you are on the short stacked scum faction. I reckon that (at a guessed 3:1) that will make it game theoretically imperative for factions to shoot at one another. Mafia can end a known effective WW.Vig, and WW would need to shoot at Maf, to even it up.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”