Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4860, AxleGreaser wrote:@GM I know you claim not to be reading my posts, but if you (
actually are
<OMG maybe he lied too>) are there are questions I would like to ask you.

You can ask them. I may or may not answer depending on what they are.

I will say that, expanding/slightly altering your point
If beast is WW, and WW consensus last night was that Reinoe was in the mafia team, then if under pressure, WW faking red check on guessed scum Reinoe, would be ... cleverish? (not crack?)

If beast is Rolecop, and got an "Even-Night Cop" result on reinoe, it would be very smart play for him to claim first, especially given that he was/is about to be lynched.
Fake guilty on reinoe would be clever regardless given that reinoe has been fairly townread but this game is full of strange people whose opinions will turn on dimes.

In post 4867, beastcharizard wrote:
In post 4826, reinoe wrote:You'll all be happy to know that I got a not-mafia result on boonskies. Because that's how cops in multi-ball get results. Not in the forM of "guilty" "not guilty".

This post can literally only come from scum. Multiball can't be confirmed until a flip of mafia is seen. They know they are mafia so they know it is multiball.

COPS GET GUILTIES ON MAFIA. THERE IS A WEREWOLF FLIP.

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

@Izariael: That's true, but in multiball games you 99.9999999999% of the time will get Mafia/Not Mafia, especially in a Normal.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 4868, reinoe wrote:What do you think about his "point" now Slandaar?

It's genius.

I don't think he even knows how good it is.

He asked 'who is town and who is scum?' to everyone. That is fine, no problem, he is in effect asking for a reads list from people.

You asked Flubber specifically;
Who is town?

Why you asked Flubber specifically doesn't matter but what are you asking him who is town for? what is the point to it? Why not ask him his scumreads? You then later made this a big deal when Flubber didn't respond by bolding it as if this was some super important question which has huge relevance. Guess what?

This is the response you got:
In post 3260, Flubbernugget wrote:Anyone that isn't a scum read of mine and isn't a lurker gets to be town for my sanity.

That was it. Question answered. That one line.

Guess you should have asked him who is scum if you actually wanted an answer to this very important question, hm?

Also, I just found this;
In post 3098, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 3078, reinoe wrote:
@Flubber
Who's town

Nero, teir, and maaaaaybe gm. everyone else that isn't scum is null.

In post 2264, Flubbernugget wrote:Egg is hard town for keeping up with the game, and for overall strong scumhunting.

Muffin is town for his scumhunting.

2 of his strongest Townreads (he only had 3 the other being GM who is now a maybe) vanish over the 800 posts it's possible but... It is some serious read changing. The whole thing of answering Reinoe twice in different ways as he did is bad though. Town generally just say they already answered etc.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 4875, goodmorning wrote:COPS GET GUILTIES ON MAFIA. THERE IS A WEREWOLF FLIP.

@Izariael: That's true, but in multiball games you 99.9999999999% of the time will get Mafia/Not Mafia, especially in a Normal.

You greatly exaggerate.

Cops can get guilties on wolves provided the pm is worded to accommodate all anti town factions turning up guilty.

Lets assume it's multiball as it most likely is. If we have a cop who only finds Mafia then he is a lot weaker than a cop who can find all anti-town factions the limited versions are very swingy as you can investigate a WW and get a 'Not Mafia' which just is terrible. It is much better to have a catch-all at least in my opinion - an even night one so he isn't too powerful? seems really good to me.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

Even night is also good in this sense because it gives the scum a couple chances to kill them.

A couple chances to kill an even night cop who only finds mafia? what? make him a 1-shot or odd night etc. Even night just makes the PR so weak.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 am

Post by Slandaar »

Because technically a Mafia/Not Mafia cop is half the strength of one which can find both Wolves and Mafia.

The role is already limited to a fair degree with the even night thing and having to avoid 3 night kills and 2 lynches to actually have a result. You cripple the role if you make it mafia/not mafia the Cop is rewarded for playing well. The scum are rewarded for finding the cop. It's good, it makes sense. Imagine the cop who only gets Mafia/Not and investigates a wolf after avoiding 6 nk's and 2 lynches/not claiming for 2 days.

Lynch Reinoe.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4876, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4868, reinoe wrote:What do you think about his "point" now Slandaar?

It's genius.

I don't think he even knows how good it is.

He asked 'who is town and who is scum?' to everyone. That is fine, no problem, he is in effect asking for a reads list from people.

And I have found that asking a generic question like that to the entire town is less likely to get answered. Secondly, his whole point about the question was that the question was asked. He makes that very clear that it's the question he has a problem with...a question he asked to everyone. Again you haven't refuted that point at all, you've just added a bunch of words.
You asked Flubber specifically;
Who is town?

Why you asked Flubber specifically doesn't matter but what are you asking him who is town for? what is the point to it? Why not ask him his scumreads? You then later made this a big deal when Flubber didn't respond by bolding it as if this was some super important question which has huge relevance. Guess what?

Yeah so? I didn't see his answer and I bolded it because I asked him a question. Why are you ignoring the fact that I did the same to BOONKIIES AND THOR? Because it had to do with the fact that the question wasn't answered. Again, I also put my questions to Boonskiies and Thor in big bold letters as well. Also that question to Nero and TSO is in big bold letter too...

This is the response you got:
In post 3260, Flubbernugget wrote:Anyone that isn't a scum read of mine and isn't a lurker gets to be town for my sanity.

That was it. Question answered. That one line.

Guess you should have asked him who is scum if you actually wanted an answer to this very important question, hm?

I asked thor who is scum. Remember? And guess what, I asked him a second time too in big bold letters. Again, why are you ignoring this? Oh yeah, I also asked nero and TSO questions about what Scripten talked about in the neighborhood in big bold letters. Do you think the significance is that I'd like answers or do you want to make up something out of thin air like you're doing now?

Also, I just found this;
In post 3098, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 3078, reinoe wrote:
@Flubber
Who's town

Nero, teir, and maaaaaybe gm. everyone else that isn't scum is null.

In post 2264, Flubbernugget wrote:Egg is hard town for keeping up with the game, and for overall strong scumhunting.

Muffin is town for his scumhunting.

2 of his strongest Townreads (he only had 3 the other being GM who is now a maybe) vanish over the 800 posts it's possible but... It is some serious read changing. The whole thing of answering Reinoe twice in different ways as he did is bad though. Town generally just say they already answered etc.

Are you not paying attention? His EGG read is a joke because Egg was dead at the time and confirmed town. His Muffin stance is an addition to the previous read. Herp a derp are you even reading? Instead of conjuring up fantasy explanations why don't you just re-read everything.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:50 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4878, Slandaar wrote:Even night is also good in this sense because it gives the scum a couple chances to kill them.

A couple chances to kill an even night cop who only finds mafia? what? make him a 1-shot or odd night etc. Even night just makes the PR so weak.

Or there's a similar odd-night role like...a seer or another cop or a gunsmith or jailkeeper...I could go on but some people don't need PR to win in a game of wits.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:54 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4851, reinoe wrote:Could someone voting me explain how beast's play this game is town
--->without the PR<---

Like if Beast didn't have a PR was anyone townreading him?

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 4880, reinoe wrote:a question he asked to everyone. Again you haven't refuted that point at all, you've just added a bunch of words.

It's a different question.

In post 4880, reinoe wrote:I asked thor who is scum. Remember? And guess what, I asked him a second time too in big bold letters. Again, why are you ignoring this? Oh yeah, I also asked nero and TSO questions about what Scripten talked about in the neighborhood in big bold letters. Do you think the significance is that I'd like answers or do you want to make up something out of thin air like you're doing now?

You asked Flubber a 3rd time.

Let's move to the conclusion though.

Flubber said 'anyone who isn't scum'

Why didn't you ask who he thinks is scum if you wanted an answer to your questions so badly you repeated it 3 times?

:]
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 4880, reinoe wrote:Are you not paying attention? His EGG read is a joke because Egg was dead at the time and confirmed town. His Muffin stance is an addition to the previous read. Herp a derp are you even reading? Instead of conjuring up fantasy explanations why don't you just re-read everything.

Well that was off the cuff, maybe it was a joke, I was just getting the response to you from his ISO and noticed it.

It doesn't matter too much I can check it later the main point was the interaction with you obviously :]
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:01 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4884, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4880, reinoe wrote:Are you not paying attention? His EGG read is a joke because Egg was dead at the time and confirmed town. His Muffin stance is an addition to the previous read. Herp a derp are you even reading? Instead of conjuring up fantasy explanations why don't you just re-read everything.

Well that was off the cuff, maybe it was a joke, I was just getting the response to you from his ISO and noticed it.

It doesn't matter too much I can check it later the main point was the interaction with you obviously :]

I was being too harsh because in retrospect I misread your question.

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 4881, reinoe wrote:Or there's a similar odd-night role like...a seer or
another cop
or a gunsmith or jailkeeper...I could go on but some people don't need PR to win in a game of wits.

Yes, OK.

So, is an odd night seer balanced with an even night cop? nope odd>>>even. Gunsmith doesn't work as wolves don't use guns, right? jailkeeper is... Thor.

Enlarged text: :cool:

Wasn't your argument cops can only find mafia?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:18 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4886, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4881, reinoe wrote:Or there's a similar odd-night role like...a seer or
another cop
or a gunsmith or jailkeeper...I could go on but some people don't need PR to win in a game of wits.

Yes, OK.

So, is an odd night seer balanced with an even night cop? nope odd>>>even. Gunsmith doesn't work as wolves don't use guns, right? jailkeeper is... Thor.

Enlarged text: :cool:

Wasn't your argument cops can only find mafia?

In an earlier post yes. In post 4881 my point is that there could be an odd night role similar to cops. It's a short list of roles that could be used for investigation.

Selkie
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

An odd night cop to find mafia? You then need an odd and even night seer...

That is a lot of power.

Multiball generally doesn't have much from my experience (it's generally incredibly low power levels for town considering the numbers of scum)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

The reason that is so powerful btw is the 4 can confirm each other as town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Slandaar »

So, you have 4 guys who can get results while also confirming each other as town. Way too much especially with Tier's role and then we have Thor and a vig presumably and that isn't even everyone claimed...
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:43 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4890, Slandaar wrote:So, you have 4 guys who can get results while also confirming each other as town. Way too much especially with Tier's role and then we have Thor and a vig presumably and that isn't even everyone claimed...

Uhmm no, I was just going over possibilities. I think it's likely there's a role similar to cop on the odd night. Nothing more nothing less.

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:52 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4844, reinoe wrote:
In post 4840, Josh_B wrote:I believe beast.

Why?

@JOSH

Selkie
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 4883, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4880, reinoe wrote:a question he asked to everyone. Again you haven't refuted that point at all, you've just added a bunch of words.

It's a different question.

In post 4880, reinoe wrote:I asked thor who is scum. Remember? And guess what, I asked him a second time too in big bold letters. Again, why are you ignoring this? Oh yeah, I also asked nero and TSO questions about what Scripten talked about in the neighborhood in big bold letters. Do you think the significance is that I'd like answers or do you want to make up something out of thin air like you're doing now?

You asked Flubber a 3rd time.

Let's move to the conclusion though.

Flubber said 'anyone who isn't scum'

Why didn't you ask who he thinks is scum if you wanted an answer to your questions so badly you repeated it 3 times?

:]

Not saying his "who is town" question is a good one but to challenge him about not asking for my scum reads when my pushes were fairly transparent is unfair.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4740, goodmorning wrote:Oh, and also dave was obvtown so everyone really really needs to stop being in thor's cult of personality or joindate awe or hero worship or whatever the fuck it is.

this seems like a strange thing to say about your scumread.

In post 4770, AxleGreaser wrote:
If
the host generates the scum and the hoods randomly then, the number of people you have seen flipped in the hood has absolutely no impact on whether the next one is scum too.

In post 4770, AxleGreaser wrote:people do actually alignment indicative things like claim roles

how are claiming roles "alignment indicative"?

In post 4779, reinoe wrote:Did Scripten discuss anyone a lot or refuse to discuss anyone in the game?

I don't think so...

says he has a moderate scum read on Axle
thinks there are two scum on the PV wagon and was starting to read muffin as scum
I ask him about Iz, Fonz and Garmr. His response is that IZ hasn't done a whole lot but he's not scum reading Iz. Says that Fonz is fluffy but not scum motivated. Has a scumread on Garmr.
thats p much all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4826, reinoe wrote:You'll all be happy to know that I got a not-mafia result on boonskies. Because that's how cops in multi-ball get results. Not in the forM of "guilty" "not guilty".

I really do not think this is true.

I'll look around later to see if this is true but I think its more about a mods personal choice in language.

In post 4835, reinoe wrote:Three kills in one night and Beast is pretending we don't all know it's multiball +vig.

3 kill=//=mutliball. Other than Boons claiming to know its MB....what makes you think its multiball? Or are you counting sk+ww as multiball?

@Boons-can you explain how your role confirms MB?

Well, the reason I voted Iz is 'cause I'm pretty sure there is scum in that hood. I remember not liking that Beast wagon at all yesterday and hating everyone on it. In my hood last night I had said that I wanted to kill Tier, IZ, and Scripton. Would scum have shot Tier to discredit/discourage me?

But maybe I'm wrong and scum are GM+Shiro.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:10 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4877, Slandaar wrote:
In post 4875, goodmorning wrote:COPS GET GUILTIES ON MAFIA. THERE IS A WEREWOLF FLIP.

You greatly exaggerate.

Cops can get guilties on wolves provided the pm is worded to accommodate all anti town factions turning up guilty.

Lets assume it's multiball as it most likely is. If we have a cop who only finds Mafia then he is a lot weaker than a cop who can find all anti-town factions the limited versions are very swingy as you can investigate a WW and get a 'Not Mafia' which just is terrible. It is much better to have a catch-all at least in my opinion - an even night one so he isn't too powerful? seems really good to me.

Typically even-night implies odd-night in site meta though not always.
As I've said, Cop implies Mafia-detecting-only in current site meta almost 100% of the time.
There are games that specifically use limited-investigative mechanics like this - Jungle Republic, for instance.

As I've said, I don't believe either of them.

In post 4894, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4740, goodmorning wrote:Oh, and also dave was obvtown so everyone really really needs to stop being in thor's cult of personality or joindate awe or hero worship or whatever the fuck it is.

this seems like a strange thing to say about your scumread.

It probably would be, if I'd been scumreading him.

Oh, you meant Thor? I don't know what else can explain people voting for the wagons he wants them to vote for and ignoring how 20000% scummy he is.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 am

Post by beastcharizard »

In post 4896, goodmorning wrote:As I've said, I don't believe either of them.

Then you have to believe both of us are scum in some fashion. Why would town lie in this situation?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

@BEAST

In post 4869, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 4867, beastcharizard wrote:Also, lynch me first. IDGAF. I found scum and I got the town rolling.

egads that is a tempting thought.

especially seeing as you already assessed your own contribution to the game as
In post 4820, beastcharizard wrote:Since I have no credibility I should just claim.

AKA if you are as you claim town then primarily useful as an outed PR scum need to shoot soonish.

@
town!beast
:
Please answer

4866 may clarify part of 4858 which you may feel you have answered but I have specific questions about.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by T S O »

I'm conflicted about this, even though I normally just go with the first claim and really want to do so here as well.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”