Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3995, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3993, Shiro wrote:Hey what do u think on my case on slandar ?

dont like it

kk can you tell me why ? If someone can be nice enough to tell me

"Shiro your case is shit because A,B,C"

Then I am willing to go try and do something else. The problem with gamr case is that gamr is not with us anymore. Pushing someone who wont caught up to the game before deadline is impossible.
The wagon died when Gamr replaced and people town read that replace for w/e reason. If people reconsider that stane I am willing to lynch him

Hey GM you said at some point that you would be willing to lynch slandar as well as Thor. Can you perhaps help me push that ? Cause it appears I am not as succesful as I would have wanted to be. If not can you do what I asked axl above?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 4000, Shiro wrote:Then I am willing to go try and do something else. The problem with gamr case is that gamr is not with us anymore. Pushing someone who wont caught up to the game before deadline is impossible.

And yet people say that there's no scum motivation in replacing out. (I personally think it's kind of a gambit in poor taste. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though.)

I don't understand why Thor just refuses to vote Garmr when his scumreads are based on such weak criteria.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 4001, Scripten wrote:
I don't understand why Thor just refuses to vote Garmr when his scumreads are based on such weak criteria.

Meant Garmr's slot here, of course.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Shiro »

@Scripted I see his replace in as a flat out scum move and expressed so . The majority thinks it is not. Without gamr to push and stuff it is sadly impossible to press the issue.

You said Slander is the least likely person for you to vote from the current people being pressed. Can you tell me why ?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Scripten »

Technically, that would be Thor, for reasons I've stated before, but alright.

Basically, I find GM's play to be empty (hilarious that she's calling me useless) and with Thor's claim, her case on him is just not looking good. Feels like there may be scum motivation there. Beast is just not feeling at all useful. I don't usually push for policy lynching lurkers, but that slot just... ugh. Also, Heph was totally scum in Open 570 and acted just like he did here before he was replaced. Slandaar's play is weird and I'm not sure if I like it, but I don't think he's past my lynch candidate line.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3999, davesaz wrote:Really? And you expect anyone to vote that?
Tell me again, what are your contributions other than yelling very loudly?
I mean, is it really that much of a distinction that people listen? Last I heard by way of vote count, fewer were listening to you than GM. :lol:

My contributions are not sitting around doing nothing and acting like it means something.

In post 3998, AxleGreaser wrote:
How about you post a nice case on GM and see what happens.

I gave my case on GM.
You gave *your* case for GM.
Your current wagon is a load.

Wake up - be proactive.
Hell, be proactive on that load - again, who are the people about to vote it? Go get them if they exist.
If not, move and compromise.
This game is stall derp city.

In post 4001, Scripten wrote:I don't understand why Thor just refuses to vote Garmr when his scumreads are based on such weak criteria.

Because I have weak criteria town reads.

Why not vote GM now and make the game more exciting?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 am

Post by davesaz »

<Dave thinks some in the shower>
CLICK!
:idea: :!: :!:

VOTE: goodmorning

Reason: Gamestate ephiphany

Thor, how certain are you that GM is the right player to wagon at this time? Just a sniff, rock solid, somewhere in between?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Board frustration.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

Bored - even.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:49 am

Post by davesaz »

No, really.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not kidding.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:10 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3805, Thor665 wrote:Though actually I have to admit that Dave's AtE is working on me.
Admission of utter wrong is not something scum usually care to do to themselves.

Unvote: Dave
Vote: Goodmorning

How many OMGUS votes is that for me now? :lol:

In post 4005, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3999, davesaz wrote:Really? And you expect anyone to vote that?
Tell me again, what are your contributions other than yelling very loudly?
I mean, is it really that much of a distinction that people listen? Last I heard by way of vote count, fewer were listening to you than GM. :lol:

My contributions are not sitting around doing nothing and acting like it means something.

In post 3998, AxleGreaser wrote:

I gave my case on GM.
You gave *your* case for GM.
Your current wagon is a load.

I see your last vote on GM and everything in between.
Before that anything you said before that did not make GM your most lynch worthy person or you would have been voting him ... right?

So to see what now makes him most lynch worthy for you I look after your vote right?

and yeah I made posts stating my problems with GM's play.
If you agree with my points you could say so which ones and why.

I still find Garmr to be scummier.

You appear to be telling me I should play my town game, like some people play scum, and find some wagon that is popular and park my vote there.

I have indeed been and will continue pursing people to vote the Garmr. If it remains major wagon, then people will default vote it at the end of the day.
You were claiming you were likely to get lynched as default if no other wagon took off. Surely if you are off the table that wagon that will in the end get lynched if nothing else happens is Garmr.
You appear to be trying to save Garmr. :/

Indeed :/ :/

Most recently I pursued davesaz, at least in part because I was concerned about his alignment and wanted some indications
I found Daves responses that tend to produce large amount of fluff stalling and filling the thread with pointless crap to be problematic.

Daves insistence i answer all his questions at and yet when I do it turns out they were all bullshit do nothing waste time questions that eh then has no further interest in
and then at trying to paint me as the problem is kind a funny. Well it would be except other people didn't even notice.

That dave is capable of writing this summary and yet in this post asks a big bunch of pointless obvious questions that he (as stated above) demands get answered is also telling.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Josh_B »

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what's going on in this game. I really feel like I should be reading up on this game further unless everyone want to join the Fonz wagon with me that hasn't started yet.

VOTE: the Fonz

I'm feeling like Thor and Dave are attempting to WK if a non present garmr lynch happens. From what I can tell of scripten's case, he seems genuine, but it's wrong. It seems obvious that he's tunneling on a "null-scum" read that he pointed out from earlier in the game.

GM is being rather direct this game compared to the vagueness she usually uses as scum. This push that's building up on her seems scum motivated, I would still easily support a Thor lynch if fonz wagon doesn't pick up in the next couple of days.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4011, AxleGreaser wrote:You appear to be telling me I should play my town game, like some people play scum, and find some wagon that is popular and park my vote there.

I'm actually encouraging you to unpark last I checked.
And, yes, I am encouraging you to work to get scum reads lynched as opposed to not doing that.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:23 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4004, Scripten wrote: and with Thor's claim, her case on him is just not looking good.

Phone posting. Everyone who Reads the above section of scripten's post should have major major problems with it.

1) Firstly Thor hasn't actually claimed shit. He's comment about being a PR is less than useless.
2)Scripten is using Thor's non-claim to push Gm. He ignored Muffin's 100% confirmed town status and his push on Thor. How are you going to use someone's non-claim to push a case while Ignoring conf-town's case on someone else? That's bullshit.
3) the case on Thor is solid.
4) there's a lot of flurry going on to find a credible counterwagon to Thor. Wtf is this shit.

Ebwop: Josh that Fonz wagon is doa. If you think the Gm push is scum motivated then your vote should be on Thor.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4014, reinoe wrote:3) the case on Thor is solid.

Remind me what it is again - because I'm still pretty sure everything I've heard is 'playstyle'.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4015, Thor665 wrote:

Remind me what it is again - because I'm still pretty sure everything I've heard is 'playstyle'.

You can hear what you want, but what's been said and what you choose to hear are not the same thing.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:41 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4000, Shiro wrote:Hey GM you said at some point that you would be willing to lynch slandar as well as Thor. Can you perhaps help me push that ? Cause it appears I am not as succesful as I would have wanted to be. If not can you do what I asked axl above?

To be honest, I'm beginning to reconsider Slandaar since he's started actually speaking usefully. I think he could just be misguided Town looking for a strong ally to be a crutch.

Your case is fine, I'm just not really feeling it at present. Now, if you wanted Fonz... but it's not happening today. Thor is happening toda

In post 4014, reinoe wrote:
In post 4004, Scripten wrote: and with Thor's claim, her case on him is just not looking good.

Phone posting. Everyone who Reads the above section of scripten's post should have major major problems with it.
1) Firstly Thor hasn't actually claimed shit. He's comment about being a PR is less than useless.
2)Scripten is using Thor's non-claim to push Gm. He ignored Muffin's 100% confirmed town status and his push on Thor. How are you going to use someone's non-claim to push a case while Ignoring conf-town's case on someone else? That's bullshit.
3) the case on Thor is solid.
4) there's a lot of flurry going on to find a credible counterwagon to Thor. Wtf is this shit.

This is exactly what I was going to say, especially #1. ilu reinoe

In post 4016, reinoe wrote:

You can hear what you want, but what's been said and what you choose to hear are not the same thing.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3988, Shiro wrote:And if so can u tear my case to pieces so I can consider joining yours instead ?

@Shiro

If I do it will you come back to vote garmr?
Spoiler: Shiro's Slaandar case.
In post 3954, Shiro wrote:
Axl wrote:
Garmr was looking for some nice quiet place to park his vote, and then not really push the lynch.

Hint What slander has been doing as well

Day 1 Gm (Never really pushed)and then joke over hammer
Day 2 Me (Never strongly pushed me since he broke his points to 24 hours gaps,werent all that strong and never truly tried to convince anyone to vote me) and now Gamr ( Not a single push attempt)

Oh fun fact I noticed. Both days he felt the need to protect leading wagons and to add when Thor said he found his defence of him odd slander....stopped cause u know he wanted to save thor.
He also felt the need to announce at the end of day 1 that he tried to save pere yet never really tried to push anyone else in order to create a reasonable alternative

Oh about the contradiction I mentioned
One imples he found the lack of reason scummy
The other says it find the uterior motive of passing responsibility scummy

They contradict because the first implies that he cannot see a reason thus founds the vote off and scummy
The other says he sees a uterior motive and sees that reason as scummy.

Lots of the thread has been doing that, (parking somewhere safe. Its driving me to tears as quite few must be town.)

A difference however is you can find Slaandar doing things. He clearly didnt like the PereV wagon and did poke around on GM finding interesting scummy looking points.
(I am sure i can dig up other things he did do that were towny.)
GMs csaero read appeared out of thin air, which GM explains as Oh I was pressuring him then i reread and it all seemed towny after all.
GM seems to do afair bit of this convenient flipping positions after a re-read. So thats good stuff by Slaandar.

GARMR

Your turn go find good stuff Gramr did? Hmmm?

He weak sauced a push on Boon (he even had already previously agreed that Boon had answered his RVS point! )
/ Crap pushed Anen for bad made reasons / OMGUS'd me as 85% scum / then voted boon thus >85% / then voted Thor for ? / then ran away (replaced out)

back to your case on Slaandar.
And why should his(Slaandars) points that he pushed you over be strong? Are you claiming scum?
Slaandars points on you, if you are towny should feel like this: He pushes (perhaps even with not real good reason)
Then at some point if you start to make sense, he backs off for what appears to be areal reason. Scum may push and back off for nothing. Slaandar pushed and backed off for real reason. ergo he is townier?
(Thats TBMK we can go look and see if I remember right if you like)(it will be waste of time (clog thread) I am quite sure.. but if you want make specific claims about him backing off you (who know you are town) in a scummy way please do so.)
Claiming that Slaandar never made headway in making a case on your self who is town, is default towny point in my book. (It smells like scum hunting, found town, then stopped.)

The time at which Slaandar stopped defending Thor was a time I thought a towny Slaandar with a town read on Thor should have. The style of the defence especially at the start felt weird. Weird people are weird people and I don't know why it was scummy as TBMK no one has ever said why.

I don't follow your contradiction claim. If I understand it correctly I claim I am town, and I held both views (to some degree). I thought you were short on clear reasons for voting PereV, and when I read it the vote shift also did some blame shifting.
I had slightly different evaluation of how scummy you looked for it. I was however glad someone was pressing you about it. I was even glad that Muffin took the other side, although the bollocks of the arguments basis (counting bad stuff badly and not very alignment indicatively) was upsetting, (to my inductive inference sensibilities)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 3994, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3980, Thor665 wrote:The Garmr wagon last had life about a week ago - if that doesn't make it dead I don't know what does.

How about you vote GM just to see what happens?

VOTE: GM
VOTE: Garmr

Not much.

So despite it being nice case you still want to dismantle this wagon?

I tend yo vote people who are scummy based on nice cases.

"
ooo the Garmr wagon was so last week,
"

doesnt really cut it as a scum read, or a reason to vote someone else.

and yeah while I am prepared to vote GM today, for the reasons I posted in the thread.

because unless I see a better case on someone other than Garmr I wont be voting anyone else, until it becomes required.

(oh and nice case, for me, has specific details not hand wavy generalisations)

You feel thor has presented a bad case and you respond by voting for garmr?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 4019, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 3994, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3980, Thor665 wrote:
The Garmr wagon last had life about a week ago
- if that doesn't make it dead
I don't know what does.

How about you vote GM just to see what happens?

VOTE: GM

VOTE: Garmr

Not much.

So despite it being nice case you still want to dismantle this wagon?

I tend to vote people who are scummy based on nice cases

"
ooo the Garmr wagon was so last week
"

doesnt really cut it as a scum read, or a reason to vote someone else.

and yeah while I am prepared to vote GM today, for the reasons I posted in the thread.

How about you post a nice case on GM and see what happens
because unless I see a better case on someone other than Garmr I wont be voting anyone else, until it becomes required.

(oh and nice case, for me, has specific details not hand wavy generalisations)

You feel thor has presented a bad case and you respond by voting for garmr?

The four purple bits combined make a joke (or two).(but one that is game related and relevant) sorry if that wasnt clear enough.
(other colours now match up other related thoughts and counter points)
My vote was on Garmr and remained on Garmr after the post.

I claim an argument of the form
ooo the garmr case is so last week
is not a good one.
and no I have not seen Thor commit himself to a case on GM.
I believe I have done more specific(details) posting about why GM is scummy(but less so than Garmr), and I am not even voting him... huh?

When he had no PR claim to use a shield I could understand Thor Not stepping up to the plate again on D2 as he did on D1.
Indeed a towny aiming for that much thread control when they do in fact have good scum game is likely to raise paranoia.
Letting other people steer the day for a bit made sense. (Thor waffling around the edges ,driving discussion on various OMGUS votes D2 was towny!!!!! to me OMG.)

That Thor is currently seemingly, trying to specifically dismantle the Garmr wagon by brute force(bluster) rather than reason (unfortunately that is his town game style too. :| )
is more problematic.

I am challenging Thor to actually post a current case with reasons, rather than trying get people to vote GM because it is what the cool kids are doing.

I too dont like GMs filter and it looks quite scummy, and my reasons are in the thread and no they dont look as bad as Garmr.

@Flubber

So why specifically dont you want to lynch garmr?
What do you find wrong with the various points I have made on him (here are some)
Good reasons to vote garmr #3 #2 #1
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2264, Flubbernugget wrote:Garmr is null because I haven't bothered to parse a single post of his yet.

addendum. here is a tip. When you do parse Garmrs posts they will be scummy.
previous post has a 3 step reading guide.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3946, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3940, reinoe wrote:Axle is trying really hard to distract from the thor wagon. And the people saying thor is town have done a rather poor job of explaining how he's town.

Well, the people calling me scum have also failed.

That said, I think *everyone* is doing a pretty good job of distracting from the Thor wagon (including you and this weak nothing post) because STILL NO ONE HAS PUT ME TO L-1 OR BOTHERED TO WORK ON CREATING A COUNTERWAGON.

What the hell is wrong with all of you?
It's like you're *TRYING* to make a deadline wagon?

Screw you all and the horse you rode in on.

Claim: Power role - I'll claim the rest if someone can put me to L-1 with a hammer intent *or* we can start up a counterwagon and pretend we know how to play the game.

No-one's trying Thor? Really? What the hell do you think I was trying to do in ask if you'd join me on Flubber? Have a nice chat?

Anyway. People oughta unvote. I'm intrigued as to what Thor can do if he's not holding back the tide of derp.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3975, Thor665 wrote:

In post 3972, The Fonz wrote:Please don't call me a Smurfing lurksack.

Then stop being one.

I'm not one. Asshat.

In post 3972, The Fonz wrote: For one, I've provided more actual content than Flub.

Congratulations, you are less of a lurksack than another lurksack?

Given that your stated preference for me or TSO (who's requested replacement) over Flub is that 'You'd rather lynch a lurksack like me' that the alternative I'm pressing is more of a 'lurksack' is at least somewhat relevant.

In post 3972, The Fonz wrote:But mostly, when you're absurdly pressed for time and spending half your waking, non-working hours on a game, it's annoying as Smurf. I'm obviously giving my Smurfing everything to scumhunting here, and other people having more free time does not make me a godSmurf lurksack.

It is not obvious that you are giving everything.
The game day is almost over, you are on a useless wagon, and you are not doing anything to advance an L-1 situation or to press the action, or to affect a deaadline lynch of a player you claim to read as town.

Ex-fucking scuse me? Why is my wagon useless? It isn't a one-man vanity wagon, and the only clearly more viable counterwagon is Josh. Which is clearly better than yours, but still not good. So although I'll vote Josh to save you, and I'm also willing to vote beast (more so than Josh) Beast seems no more viable than Flub. I reached out to a player I thought might be receptive, and got cold shouldered. Join me, and I believe we can make Flub viable. Make Beast viable, I'll join you. Just don't try to claim I'm pushing an unviable wagon when there's no clear counterwagon I like. If there were, I'd be on it.
Last edited by Aegor on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 4016, reinoe wrote:

So in other words - yes, I'm correct.

In post 4022, The Fonz wrote:No-one's trying Thor? Really? What the hell do you think I was trying to do in ask if you'd join me on Flubber? Have a nice chat?

Who else did you ask?

Want to vote GM, Beast, Slandaar, or me now?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”