Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm. I know the mod's away, but I would like to see a votecount before deadline. I'll vote for either myself or CTD, depending on who's winning.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:07 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Yosarian2 wrote:Hmm. I know the mod's away, but I would like to see a votecount before deadline. I'll vote for either myself or CTD, depending on who's winning.
Why depending on whos winning?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:40 am

Post by Guardian »

Xdaamno wrote:I'm more sure of CTD.

Anyway, take all votes off guardian for the time being :P

That includes you, Korran. Forgot if your vote is still on him or not.
I like how you're directing the town, especially Korran, who is new. :roll:.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:I'm more sure of CTD.

Anyway, take all votes off guardian for the time being :P

That includes you, Korran. Forgot if your vote is still on him or not.
I like how you're directing the town, especially Korran, who is new. :roll:.
You're taking it too literally. Note the :P , which is designed to make it less informal and more of an opinionated joke.

I specified Korran because I forgot whether his vote was still on him, and I knew if it was he's probably trying to agree with everyone but keep his vote on you under-the-radar. Korran could of been anyone.

If you overreact, I'll overreact :P
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Hmm. I know the mod's away, but I would like to see a votecount before deadline. I'll vote for either myself or CTD, depending on who's winning.
Why depending on whos winning?
Because I want either me or CTD elected, I don't want Guardian elected because I don't trust him at the moment. So if (hypothetically speacking) Guardian is first in the votecount, CTD is second, and I'm third, I'd vote CTD.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Guardian »

:\ This game is kinda hosed. Out of me, YB, and Korran, I am sure that no more than 1 is scum, and am almost sure that none is scum. Yet we seem to be the most suspected.

Out of Xdaamno, CTD, and Yos, I suspect that 1 or more is scum, yet somehow they seem to be in the clear. Xdaamno I get the most town read on, but I really dislike how his whole game contributions have been "No, Guardian bad!"

If push came to shove, I'd rather have Yos as director than CTD.
Do not lynch me.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote::\ This game is kinda hosed. Out of me, YB, and Korran, I am sure that no more than 1 is scum, and am almost sure that none is scum. Yet we seem to be the most suspected.

Out of Xdaamno, CTD, and Yos, I suspect that 1 or more is scum, yet somehow they seem to be in the clear. Xdaamno I get the most town read on, but I really dislike how his whole game contributions have been "No, Guardian bad!"

I'll agree I've been a bit close-minded on you guardian. My mind has been set in stone, which I just realised, but you're still not exactly my top candidate :P

I'll push for CTD or Yos, mainly CTD, and probably with the other as director.

We have until tommorwo to decide.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:08 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I'll push for CTD or Yos, mainly CTD, and probably with the other as director.
Though I REALLY don't like CTD's idleness. I'll be willing to change if it comes to the end of the day and Yos needs it.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP:
with the other as
deputy
director.
Fixed.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:28 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Xdaamno wrote:Though I REALLY don't like CTD's idleness. I'll be willing to change if it comes to the end of the day and Yos needs it.
You think I've been idle? I've actually been giving this game more attention than others, although I have to admit being a little disencouraged by the fact that 3 people still haven't checked in and the mod has shown no sign of doing anything about it.
Guardian wrote::\ This game is kinda hosed. Out of me, YB, and Korran, I am sure that no more than 1 is scum, and am almost sure that none is scum. Yet we seem to be the most suspected.

Why? And I ask not only in regard of the last part, I'd like you to explain all of it. Did you even consider that there are 3 people we haven't even heard of when you speculated on those scum numbers?

Mod - please read this
:
There are 3 people who have not posted yet at all. I want all of them to have at least 1 post in before the pre-game is over, or else have them replaced. We may not even be able to reach a majority in this directorial election without them. I strongly suggest extending the deadline under these circumstances.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:33 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Here are a couple of question I think everyone should answer, in order to give the Director (whoever that may be) an idea of where everyone stands:

1. What do you think the most important role (besides Director) is?
2. Which player would you like to see in that position?
3. Which player do you trust least?
4. What role, if any, would you like assigned to that player?

Please explain your answers.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Xdaamno »

TBH, excellent questions.
IMHO, cryptos. If we misplace the cryptos, we lose. They need to be assigned to those we believe are the most pro-town, I think.
Who do I think is most pro-town? At the moment, I'd like to see Yos/CTD as director/backup director, but apart from that I haven't actually got a good reading on many other players. I'll review a few more people later.
At the moment? Guardian ;)

Pushes too hard on the I'm-pro-town wagon, in various ways including the director wagon.
I'm thinking of White-House liason at the moment, unless anyone else has better ideas.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

CrashTextDummy wrote:

Why? And I ask not only in regard of the last part, I'd like you to explain all of it. Did you even consider that there are 3 people we haven't even heard of when you speculated on those scum numbers?
I know I am town. I think I have a good read on YB and am getting a lot of flak for that in other games, but I stand by my read and I think he is pro town here. I think Korran is very new, and I think that his actions regarding me, and then even by letting Xdaamno direct him, are very new town like.

I am not as confident as my scum speculations as I am on my town speculations, but I just get bad vibes from all three of you, you the most CTD. I would need to re-read to see if these feelings are justified or if they are just feelings.

The three lurkers could be scum. They could be town. I don't know how many scum there are, not did I make speculations about scum numbers. What I am saying is of the frequent posters, I think CTD Yos and Xdaamno are more likely to be a part of the scum group.
CTD wrote:
Mod - please read this
:
There are 3 people who have not posted yet at all. I want all of them to have at least 1 post in before the pre-game is over, or else have them replaced. We may not even be able to reach a majority in this directorial election without them. I strongly suggest extending the deadline under these circumstances.
QFT.
CrashTextDummie wrote:Here are a couple of question I think everyone should answer, in order to give the Director (whoever that may be) an idea of where everyone stands:
These questions are a good start, and a great idea. I am responding to them in terms of what is important and the beginning of the game, because I feel having more liaisons will be more important later. I will try and think of more questions later, this asking questions for everyone to answer is a great idea to start discussion and leave a paper trail.
CrashTextDummie wrote:1. What do you think the most important role (besides Director) is?
Important is a tricky word, and without qualifying it I don't feel I can answer that question properly. Roles that are very important to have pro-town players in are Crypto agents. Crypto agents who lie will lose us the game. Roles that are very important to have competent players that are probably pro town in are the counterintelligence agent and the FBI liaison, and to a lesser extent the SIAs because they all have to make important independent decisions of who to investigate. And obviously, the deputy director should be the second best choice for director, as they may have to take over at any time.
CrashTextDummie wrote:2. Which player would you like to see in that position?
Crypro - YogurtBandit and Korran. I am pretty sure they are town. FBI, CIA, SIA: I would like CDB, Yos, CTD, (Me) because if they are town they will help the town out in those positions.
CrashTextDummie wrote:3. Which player do you trust least?
I am not sure. I have a healthy level of suspicion on everyone besides myself and YB and Korran. CTD I am most suspicious of, I guess, but I do not have particularly good reason for those suspicions, and this last post of his strikes me as helpful to the town.
CrashTextDummie wrote:4. What role, if any, would you like assigned to that player?
I think we have to assign every player to a role at all times. Players we think are town but not the best at rooting out scum are crypto. Players who are probably town and probably good at guessing who to investigate go to those roles. The best and brightest and most pro-town are directors. Those we think are scum are field agents, and we assign them to bodyguard the crypto or the director or whoever we think are pro town. If the person they are supposed to be protecting dies, we lynch them. Everyone who doesn't fall in the above categories fills in the gaps, but you want liaisons as people you can probably trust, because I think we will get valuable intel from those agencies.

I think I would be a great director, or deputy, or FBI agent. I could do one of the other laision positions, or SIA or CIA too. The first three jobs are my preferences, but anything besides field agent and crypto would be fine with me - those two jobs would be a waste of my ability/initiative.

I find it very odd Xdaamno trusts me the least and wants me as a liaison position. Liaisons who fail to do their assigned tasks or fail to report information they receive from the agency as very dangerous.

Those are my thoughts as of now....
Do not lynch me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

CrashTextDummie wrote:

Counter Intellegince, We definetly dont want to place scum in there.

Guardian.

Not sure, Probably the lurking ones.

Field agent Bodyguards.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Spambot »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Here are a couple of question I think everyone should answer, in order to give the Director (whoever that may be) an idea of where everyone stands:

Please explain your answers.
1. It depends on which win condition we want to focus on. We can either lynch all of the scum or help Jack Bauer defuse the bomb. If we want to do the latter, then crypto's are probably more important. If we just want to catch all the scum (without knowing more, this seems our best course of action to me), then probably the counter-intelligence agent.

2. I think I'd be alright with either Yos or CTD in that spot.

3. Guardian; the way he is been lobbying for Director and trying to cast doubt on the other leading candidates makes me very suspicious of him. His posts have also had a very medium-sized feel to them.

4. Probably one of the liasions. If he is town, we can't afford to have a good player in a completely useless role. I think all of the lurkers should be put in spots where they can do the least harm, whether it's intentional harm or not. I don't trust Guardian, but I think the amount of harm he could do as a liasion is probably not too high.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

The most important single role is probably the counterintellegence agent. The crypto roles are also vital.

Hmm. For counterintellegence agent, I'd want someone who looks pro-town to me and is already trying to figure out who the scum are. Perhaps Xdaamno or CTD. Whoever it is, we'd want to leave him in that position for 4 days, and defend him with bodyguards and such, so it'd have to be someone we trust and who's active and paying attention.
At the moment, probably guardian, yogurt, and the lurkers.
Field agents aren't bad, although we might not want ALL the field agents to be lurkers/scummy players. Some of the liason positions seem like they couldn't hurt the town directly if a scum gets his hands on it, although they might be able to sabatauge us on the "Jack Bouer" side of things, so we'd have to play that by ear. Making someone suspicious looking a signal intellegence analysist might put him in a tricky position if we direct him; I'll have to think about that. In any case, I would give everyone some position, I think; the risk of giving a scum power is balanced out by the info we can get by watching how people use their power.

Strange as it may sound, I'd also be tempted to make Guardian assistant director, in the hopes that if he is scum we might be able to get an investigation on him before the director dies and lynch him if he's scum, and a scum assistant director can't really do any harm on his own; and OTOH, if he turns out to not be scum Guardian might not be a bad director. He's at least active and thinking about stratagy.
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Korran »

Hey cool one person trusts me.
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

Because I care VC:

Yos2: Cdb, Eyceking
CTD: CTD, Xdaamno
Guardian: Guardian, YB

I believe the above is correct.

Not voting:

Off the Mark
Albert
Spambot
Korran
UltimaAvalon
Yosarian2

Not
posting
:

Off the Mark
Albert
UltimaAvalon

Bullied off voting me by Xdaamno because Xdaamno "has his eye on me":

Korran

Yos2, that last bit about me being deputy director can be read two very different ways. More on that tomorrow.
Do not lynch me.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Post by Spambot »

I'm voting for Yos.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Bullied off voting me by Xdaamno because Xdaamno "has his eye on me":
Korran
:twisted:
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:53 am

Post by Eyceking »

I do believe we have 4 hours until the deadline for voting Director. If Spambot is right, then that means Yos is going to get in with 3 to 2 to 2. As for the questions CTD posted, here are my answers:

Counterintelligence Agent. They, along with the Cryptos, can get a definite result on a players allegiance.

Someone who knows the players well and can read their tells and so forth, thus making the best choices on who to investigate for scumminess. I'd say CTD seems pretty good on taking this approach so far this game.

The lurking ones. Who haven't posted. At all. Other than that... maybe I don't know. Too early in the game to be certain about things like that.

Field Agent. Something that I believe will be important later in the game - but not something we need to worry about right now.
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:59 am

Post by Guardian »

I lack the time needed to adequately explain how I feel about Yos right now, re: his thoughts about making me deputy.

If he is town, then it is a good idea, it shows healthy suspicion of me, and acknowledges that I have had some good thoughts about how to run the director position. It does "waste" an investigation on me, as my idiocy in skimming the first post shows me to be vanilla, but I suppose a clever scum could fake such a thing or whatnot.

If Yos is scum, however, he is very unlikely to be killed, and putting me in the deputy director position parks an enthusiastic and capable player into a position in which they do basically nothing - and scum Yos would be very unlikely to die all game - so I would basically have no role.

I still think I am the best candidate for director as I am pro town and I am unsure about Yos and CTD; I feel that much of the reason suspicion was thrown on me is for Xdaamno's
flimsy reasons
reasonless IGMEOY.

Anyways, Yos if you do get director, I think I would be well suited to be FBI liaison, or maybe White house liaison. I would not want to be in the deputy position until we got more of a pro-town read on
you
Guardian wrote:Vote for me ;)!
I'm out for now.
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok; if the voting's that close, then I might as well
vote:Yosarian
for director.

Anyway, Guardian, I would never put a player I don't trust in the position of FBI liasion, as the FBI liasion also has the ability to "arrest" other players; I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's not a power we want in the hands of the scum.

(On another note, perhaps I'm paranoid, but something about his last post makes me wonder if Guardian might be trying to set up a long-term "If Yos dosn't get killed it means he's scum!" trap for me.)

Anyway, we need to have a deputy director, and it'll be a tricky position to fill; if the director puts an active player there, then he's not doing anything, but if he puts a lurker there, then if the director dies the town loses a lot of flexability. Putting you there, Guardian, is about the best compromise I can think of; do you have a better suggestion?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Mod Update

I've extended the deadline for Day 0 to June 25th because I'll be on a plane back from China and will have regular access again at home.

I've prodded the three missing players and will replace them if they do not post in 48 hours.

Directors do assign Liasons to their respective posts so he will choose if a Liason is working with the CIA or FBI.

This is the current votecount, remember that you do not need a majority to elect, a plurality will do.

4 Yosarian(CDB, EyceKing, Spambot, Yosarian)
2 Guardian(Guardian, YogurtBandit)
2 CTD(CTD, Xdaamno)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm here, please don't replace me. Looks like I have some reading to do.

I don't think I ever got the initial PM from Pooky.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”