Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Why are you boasting that the wagon on you has stalled?

Well, I'm not boasting about it - but I am stating my belief - and why is it an issue that I am? Why would it be an issue if I was boasting?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:The wagon formed on you totally legitimately.

Well...sure, all wagons do, because if they are formed illegally the mod should do something about it.

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Also if you flip scum, the reason why the wagon could be stalling would be because one or more of your buddies is running interference.

There is already interference being run - are they my scumbuddies or no?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Your "this wagon has stalled" excuse is poor.

It's not an excuse - it's a statement.

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Also to re-emphasize the point...Muffin is conftown and was highlighting many of the things other players have pointed out and mentioned.

So?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:You've repeatedly tried to denounce or discredit the people voting you but the case on you is solid.

No - it is not.
Describe the case on me please. I think that will showcase my point.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3600, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Why are you boasting that the wagon on you has stalled?

Well, I'm not boasting about it - but I am stating my belief - and why is it an issue that I am? Why would it be an issue if I was boasting?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:The wagon formed on you totally legitimately.

Well...sure, all wagons do, because if they are formed illegally the mod should do something about it.

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Also if you flip scum, the reason why the wagon could be stalling would be because one or more of your buddies is running interference.

There is already interference being run - are they my scumbuddies or no?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Your "this wagon has stalled" excuse is poor.

It's not an excuse - it's a statement.

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:Also to re-emphasize the point...Muffin is conftown and was highlighting many of the things other players have pointed out and mentioned.

So?

In post 3599, reinoe wrote:You've repeatedly tried to denounce or discredit the people voting you but the case on you is solid.

No - it is not.
Describe the case on me please. I think that will showcase my point.

1. Because I'm starting to come around to GM's "tone" argument.
2. Another attempt to discredit by wordplay.
3. I'm not doing associatives pre-flip, hence the "if". Stop trying to twist things plz.
4. Ok it's a statement. I still don't like it. And I still don't like how you're trying to manipulate words. You're trying to make some sort of connection between "illegitimate" and "illegal" now? Really?
5. Conftown means that the case can't possibly be as scummy as you're trying to portray it as.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

I still would like you to state the case that I am painting as scummy.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Thor I don't just randomly decide I'm going to out reads but apparently thats a thing so okay
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Thor you sound like a lawyer and lawyers are always scum.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Lets lynch lawyers because they all suck.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 3574, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3573, Flubbernugget wrote:How is being this fucking opaque pro town

Well if thats (opaque) a criteria for you.

please explain how much of problem you have with GM being so opaque about his reads?

I've only seen her act opaque with Thor because he deserves it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3603, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor I don't just randomly decide I'm going to out reads but apparently thats a thing so okay

So the concern was that I was randomly offering my reads and opinions on people?
How odd of me.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:15 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3607, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3603, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor I don't just randomly decide I'm going to out reads but apparently thats a thing so okay

So the concern was that I was randomly offering my reads and opinions on people?
How odd of me.

TBH I had trouble parsing Flubber's "out reads".

This response is one that I can agree with, in part. Well founded reads are not sufficient to make someone town since scum can also do that, but I find unfounded reads to be scummy. Even if it's just gut, or tone, or total player contribution, I like to see an explanation.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Aegor »

Votecount 2.8

[7]
Thor665:
goodmorning, TierShift, Izariael, reinoe, Flubbernugget, davesaz, Garmr
[4]
Garmr:
Scripten, AxleGreaser, Slandaar, Shiro
[2]
Flubbernugget:
Nero Cain, The Fonz
[1]
Boonskiies:
T S O
[1]
Izariael:
Thor665
[1]
reinoe:
Boonskiies

[1]
Not Voting:
beastcharizard

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 deadline:
(expired on 2014-11-19 18:27:52)

Mod Notes

Searching for replacements for T S O and Garmr
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 am

Post by Boonskiies »

still here. catching up.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:21 am

Post by TierShift »

Thor, .
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Tier, 3507
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3609, Aegor wrote:[7]Thor665: goodmorning, TierShift, Izariael, reinoe, Flubbernugget, davesaz, Garmr
[4]Garmr: Scripten, AxleGreaser, Slandaar, Shiro
[2]Flubbernugget: Nero Cain, The Fonz
[1]Boonskiies: T S O
[1]Izariael: Thor665
[1]reinoe: Boonskiies

[1] Not Voting: beastcharizard

It's frustrating to me looking at this - because Iz is really the only person with votes on them I suspect is scum.
Flubber looks like derpy town. Boon looks...well, derpy, but as far as I can tell the wagon on him is mostly 'you play bad, so you should die to answer our confusion'.
Here's another thought - he's actually a perfect cop investigate because you know he won't get NK targeted and if he comes up clean it's a wonderful FU to scum. Or...y'know...we could lynch him...for reasons?
Garmr looks town off the replace out and for Day 1 play and I couldn't really describe the case on him (story of the day)
The wagon on me is a joke - pick some scum off it.
Reinoe...eh, actually i guess I'm mildly okay with this one, but I don't think there's a case there either.

Beast should get into play, and anyone not on the Thor wagon should start selling their current vote or join the Thor wagon and make your intent clear.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:58 am

Post by TierShift »

Right.

VOTE: slandaar

Yadda yadda yadda I think thor's not scum.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:59 am

Post by TierShift »

I base that of 3507 and his latest post.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:08 am

Post by TierShift »

Thor I'm totally not interested in either iza or shiro. What do you think of slanderman?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3616, TierShift wrote:Thor I'm totally not interested in either iza or shiro. What do you think of slanderman?

I am undecided.

The defense of me was weird (and I actually agree with the concept that probably one of my defenders was scummy, and he certainly came at it in a weird way)
I also didn't like his interactions right around the end of yesterday.
The thing is that I don't particularly have any issues with him beyond those two points. He's looked reasonably fighty with 'big names', appears to have somewhat unique reads that are not just sheeping of the core, and looks willing to express his thoughts.

I don't really think any of that particularly screams scum. I'd generally oppose his lynch methinks.
Why do you think Iz is a poor lynch choice? If you think I'm town then it's basically assured at least one scum is on my wagon at this stage, and probably more than that. So?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:34 am

Post by T S O »

fuck it, Aegor, I've been feeling bad about this ever since I did it, so I'll replace back in.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:37 am

Post by T S O »

also to spite nero but mainly cause ily
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:38 am

Post by T S O »

In post 3614, TierShift wrote:Right.

VOTE: slandaar

Yadda yadda yadda I think thor's not scum.

yadda yadda I haven't followed your thought process from Thorscum --> Thortown and I'd like to see it.
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:58 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 3617, Thor665 wrote:Why do you think Iz is a poor lynch choice? If you think I'm town then it's basically assured at least one scum is on my wagon at this stage, and probably more than that. So?

Yeah, there's scum on the wagon, even if you are scum, lol. I townread everyone on the wagon, so I should re-evaluate.

What I liked about iza is that he was showing in a post my EXACT thought process wrt you.

What I remember from slandaar is that his play looked a bit safe at times. I'll read his ISO to see whether I agree with your interpretation that his reads are unique and that he has fought with the bigger names.

What you see as unique reads, I see as a deliberate lack of focus on the major events. Which is scummy as fuck. But I'll reread, as said.

I want to stress that his defence of you was completely out of proportion and had a very awkward focus.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by TierShift »

@TSO: yadda yadda yadda

In I thought Thor was trying to shift suspicion onto garmr without explicitly stating it. That's why I asked why he asked. Then, in thor says where it's actually at: just as he is, I'm townreading garmr for the replace-out. However, I wasn't very open about it, basically because everyone was yelling at me it wasn't true. (wait I'm totally noting that I think there is scum in one of those nay-sayers).

3507 made no sense at all for a scum player. Not only was he stating a townread on the (only) counterwagon (which can be done for towncred), he was also actively trying to get other people (me) to townread garmr.

Then in 3613 I see him stating something that looks like final reads, without trying to take credit for doing so. Instead, he is encouraging people to join his wagon, if only to do something with their vote, to show where their intentions lie. Not trying to push counterwagons but trying t get other people to do somethong so he can read them.

Tl;dr: he's close to getting lynched and gives no shit about that, but DOES give a shit about why he's getting lynched. Scumhunting still in the face of getting the noose.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by TierShift »

So I just read the part where garmr replaces out and I don't think anyone's reacrion to that is scummy, maybe shiro's. Shiro, why do you think garmr is scummy for his replace-out?

I also noticed missing this post:
In post 3464, Scripten wrote:Tiershift, why so singleminded for the Thor wagon? I mean, I was starting to like it, but Garmr's recent actions must have been enough to get you onto his wagon. Do you really find his replacing out to be -that- alignment-indicative. I'm all for waiting for his replacement to see if miracles occur, but this makes that Thor wagon look mighty wrong to me.

What do
you
think of his replace-out? I think it's telling enough to push him to somewhat above null.

I try to have a single focus in a game this big: where my vote resides. When there is such a big amount of data to process for everyone, I'd like them to know where I am going and why they have to vote with me. I also don't have the capability to focus on too many things at once here.

What do you think of the garmr wagon? You've been on there for quite a time, without doing shit. Why aren't you doing more to get your scumread lynched?

Also, why does my singlemindedness mean the thor wagon is mighty wrong?

I'd like you to answer all of these, I'm getfing badfeels from you.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Post by Shiro »

He claimed he had found 3 scums almost certain (Which is solid reason not to be fed up and bored)
He was in good enough mood to reread game and conclude thor is scum which implies he was scumhunting(I mean he found 3 scum,4if we add scripten)
He got cornered
He was contradicting himself
Suddenly bored and in no mood to scumhunt
AtE BS
Replaces out

Break down to me how that progression is town

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”