Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am

Post by Shiro »

Can someone give me a brief of the case on thor in one post everything neatly placed.

Cause to me this whole thing people hang him over is well kinda stupid since I kind of did talk more about anen and voted pere afterwards (although I did explain why) Why would he inetentionally be ambigius to stir this whole thing up when he was trying to make people vote me. It makes no sense. None. In fact it apparently made him look horrible. Why would scum do it ?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3524, Izariael wrote:And yet, not once did you present your statement as it was supposedly intended until afterward.

Yeah...except, y'know, when I originally said it.

I feel like I'm going insane here. There is *nothing* there that says 'name' there is *nothing* there that says 'number of posts'.
It says thoughts.
Y'know, ideas expressed in words on a forum. It was weird as hell that Muffin took it the way he did, and I was more focused on figuring out what his purpose to that translation was than in trying to go back and explain what I meant when I said 'thoughts'.
But I think it's pretty fething reasonable to suggest I didn't mean 'number of times a name was mentioned in an iso not counting pronouns' which is what Muffin fething did apparently take it as.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3525, Shiro wrote:I kind of did talk more about anen and voted pere afterwards

No you didn't - count the names.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

Scum Thor wouldn't have expected this to "make me look horrible" though.
Regardless of my alignment I am befuddled and baffled by this angle of attack.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

By befuddled I mean confused. By confused I mean unsure. By unsure I do *not* mean count up how many times I have used unsure and if it's less than or equal to befuddled it is then an angle on my part to deabte the quality of my confusion rather than the mere existence of it.

By confusion I mean befuddled.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3529, Thor665 wrote:By befuddled I mean confused. By confused I mean unsure. By unsure I do *not* mean count up how many times I have used unsure and if it's less than or equal to befuddled it is then an angle on my part to deabte the quality of my confusion rather than the mere existence of it.

By confusion I mean befuddled.

You won the thread xD I am laughing so hard right now xD
Izariael
Izariael
Goon
Izariael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Izariael »

In post 3525, Shiro wrote:Can someone give me a brief of the case on thor in one post everything neatly placed.

Cause to me this whole thing people hang him over is well kinda stupid since I kind of did talk more about anen and voted pere afterwards (although I did explain why) Why would he inetentionally be ambigius to stir this whole thing up when he was trying to make people vote me. It makes no sense. None. In fact it apparently made him look horrible. Why would scum do it ?

My scumread on Thor has nothing to do with what YOU did or didn't do.

It is based on his chronic obsession with invalidating others' interpretations of his statements rather than clarifying.

It is based on his constant stalling and limiting of the exchange of information.

It is based on his behavior of consistently devaluing the scumreads of others on him by saying they are "terrible town" or "a useless slot" instead of countering the argument systematically.

It is based on his inability to hold himself accountable for his own actions or the impact they've had on the gamestate, and his distinct preference to point fingers everywhere else.

It is based on his voting habits, which appear to be sheer OMGUS on PeregrineV, Muffin and myself. Woe be unto those who question the mighty Thor and his infallible gameplay...

It is based on my belief that he is not genuinely scumhunting, as nearly all of his scumreads have come from reactivity rather than proactivity.

And it is my inability to see how all of the above characteristics stem from a town motivation that has led me to the conclusion that Thor is scum.
I have the comprehensive ability of a vegetable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I hear you talking - the most I get is "I am voting Thor because he bugs me"
I am pretty sure that's not a scum case.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 3531, Izariael wrote:It is based on his chronic obsession with invalidating others' interpretations of his statements rather than clarifying.

-snip-

It is based on his behavior of consistently devaluing the scumreads of others on him by saying they are "terrible town" or "a useless slot" instead of countering the argument systematically.

-snip-

It is based on his inability to hold himself accountable for his own actions or the impact they've had on the gamestate, and his distinct preference to point fingers everywhere else.

In post 3532, Thor665 wrote:I hear you talking - the most I get is "I am voting Thor because he bugs me"

I'm gonna pull a Thor here.

:neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh how shocking and totally unlike most people's town games not to like a scum game on oneself.
Are you kidding me?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hey, Scripten, if I were to make a scum case on you - your response would be 'that totally makes sense and I have no issue with it. You are an insightful player who has made a good analysis of the game and assessed my pro-scum play accurately, correctly, and reasonably.'

Y'know, as we all do.

He's basically saying 'Thor is playing the game' in a narrowed focus way and then acting like it's a scum case.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 3515, reinoe wrote:He "dismantled" the part that was a typo and literally ignored everything else.

This is p much what he's been doing since I got a real case.

In post 3525, Shiro wrote:Can someone give me a brief of the case on thor in one post everything neatly placed.

If you check out the first post I was talking to Axle in, it's all there.

Why would scum do it ?

Because he's desperate, and also he probably didn't think it would look bad on him.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 3531, Izariael wrote:
It is based on his constant stalling and limiting of the exchange of information.

It is based on his voting habits, which appear to be sheer OMGUS on PeregrineV, Muffin and myself. Woe be unto those who question the mighty Thor and his infallible gameplay...

It is based on my belief that he is not genuinely scumhunting, as nearly all of his scumreads have come from reactivity rather than proactivity.

Actually, I'd respond to those points which hold a decent amount of water like the ones I've highlighted above. I wouldn't want to give other town players reason to doubt my motivations and mislynch me, since that would be pro-scum. I wouldn't summarily dismiss the entire case because I feel myself above it, since that would probably distract from finding actual scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Those don't hold a decent amount of water though.
I have *never* been town and found someone's case on me to be anything other than paranoia, derp, or scumminess.

As I said, how do I even respond to that "Sorry that I don't think your case on me is fething brilliant?" That's illogical and silly to expect - and it's certainly not scummy that I didn't - and that's kind of stupid to have to respond to as a claim.

Hey, Scripten, you're scum for asking me a question - please justify my case and make me feel like a special snowflake as you respond to it and you're not allowed to say the case is silly because it's a case - it deserves respect!

Derp.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3537, Scripten wrote:
In post 3531, Izariael wrote:

Sure, I'm game, let's do these one by one.

1. I "stalled" explaining what I meant by the word "thoughts" when Muffin thought it meant "names"
No - that is Muffin wasting time with a stupid bit of...I dunno. I also did n't stall anything, i said immediately that it wasn't what I meant. I didn't realize I needed to define the word "thoughts" I think it's STUPID AND UNREASONABLE to suggest I should have - and it would have been even more insulting, frankly. I actually gave him the benefit of the doubt by calling him scum.

2. I specifically didn't OMGUS Pere and it's silly to suggest I did - but I guess I need to address this, I probably need to ask what he means by OMGUS to see if it's the same as what I mean, I also didn't OMGUS Shiro either. SO I OMGUSed two people thus far...except I didn't unless you take the most basic meaning of the term as "voted someone who was voting him".
Sorry I slowed things down by not addressing something that is provably not true and acting as if it didn't need to be justified - how sloppy of me.

This is actually sort of the second point again, and other than that is just an empty point. What do I even say to this? I am scumhunting - so either he doesn't take what I consider to be scumhunting as scumhunting, or he does and is scum. In neither situation can I convince him I'm scumhunting - and he hasn't really shown lack of scumhunting, he's just saying it. I think if you look at my votes and questions it screams scumhunting...but...what, am I supposed to say "read my ISO?" Yeah, brilliant rebuttal there. it's a dumb and empty accusation that cannot be functionally challenged due to its empty nature. it's his opinion - other people will agree o disagree with it but *debating* it? That's stupid and wasteful.

Wow - amazing points.
How shameful of me not to have addressed the *meaningful* ones instead of just dismissing the case.
Silly, really.
Mah bad!

This is weird. Why are you asking me to do this - none of those points were impressive, non were supported by facts, and a few are blatantly incorrect if you bothered to look for the info yourself. Why do I need to waste my time addressing that?
Did my addressing it change anything?
Because all you have now is my opinion on his opinions and you *still* need to go do the research yourself and draw your own conclusions - which you were capable of doing without my providing of a detailed response.
Also - a non-detailed response, which I gave, was just as functional. I calimed the case was silly. When I got specific all I did was state *why* I thought it was silly.
But the only thing that matters is whether people think it is or is not silly - that's the info that matters. the why is just detail work if you're confused by their conclusions.
Are you confused by my conclusion that the case is silly?
Like, you think the case holds water? You think I did OMGUS on Pere? You think being dismissive is a scum only trait and town never do it? You think I'm 'stalling' in some manner that hurts town?
Meh - then say so and back up your own words. Because I didn't, it isn't, and I'm not, and this is silly.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3537, Scripten wrote:I wouldn't summarily dismiss the entire case because I feel myself above it, since that would probably distract from finding actual scum.

Hint: Many times - you *are indeed* above the case on you.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3518, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3383, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 3373, Nero Cain wrote:I'd pl this slot. His case on PV yesterday was all sorts of horrible.

@Nero

This looks rather a lot like you are claiming scum. Are you claiming scum?

You say today on D2, "His(Thors) case on PV yesterday was all sorts of horrible."

Please show me where on D1 you pointed out that all sorts of horrible?

I dont remember you doing that, and i just I looked and i didnt see you do that.

If it was all sorts of horrible, where were you ?

Well, since we are ignoring the fact that I didn't vote PV which should tell you that I didn't like the PV case....

here I state that Thors PV case doesn't sway me.

Ok now you claim it was all kinds of "horrible"

yesterday you described it as merely
In post 1295, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1268, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1258, Nero Cain wrote:your case on PV is that:
he has bad reads
you feel he lied to you
and he thought you were scummy for bringing up MB?

My case is more eloquent, but, yes, you have functionally simplified it down - though I think the third and the first point are the same point - as the only read I cited as bad enough to be scummy is the read involving multiball, and I have no other scumtell associated with the multiball point other than inability to defend his belief in it being scummy. I also would note the lie is one I said he directed at town in general, not me in particular, though I will agree I was amongst those he lied to.

ok well...
TBH that case doesn't sway me but ok
, lets say that I'm wrong and PV is scum. Who are the non PV scum in this game?

Your claim today about that case in no way matches the views you expressed yesterday.
You are making stuff up to suit your needs.

If it was all sorts of horrible, where were you ?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 3519, Thor665 wrote:

In post 3516, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor what are you trying to showcase on your wagon?

You found a bunch of names highlighted in green, including Muffin, while others are in black, including the person I'm voting, to be confusing as to my point?
I must be making another quantity vs. quality commentary - I'm so hard to understand and I never realized it.

THE NUMBERS THOR. WHAT DO THEY MEAN.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 3532, Thor665 wrote:I hear you talking - the most I get is "I am voting Thor because he bugs me"

Yes it is.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

The real question is why the fonz is defending all of Thor's derp.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 3536, goodmorning wrote:If you check out the first post I was talking to Axle in, it's all there.

If you then check out the responses you will see my issues with it and Good mornings play in general.

here for example is a sample of Goodmornings D1 case on Thor
In post 927, goodmorning wrote:I can't speak of any games with Anen, no (to all who asked).

On Thor is mostly a tone-based read as I think I've made clear. I don't expect anyone to believe/follow me and I'm fine with that (to all others who asked).

I continue my reaction test. I begin to despair of it working.

no substance at all, nothing that cant be walked away from (whats the case on Thor again? sheesh.)

at that time GM could find no specific wrong in Thors filter, (there was wagon on town PereV at the time)

today.... Yep suddenly alittle bit of a re read and GM has all kinds of things to say about D1 and Thor.

convenient.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3542, Flubbernugget wrote:

In post 3516, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor what are you trying to showcase on your wagon?

You found a bunch of names highlighted in green, including Muffin, while others are in black, including the person I'm voting, to be confusing as to my point?
I must be making another quantity vs. quality commentary - I'm so hard to understand and I never realized it.

What numbers?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3493, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3490, AxleGreaser wrote:goodmorning, [
Muffin
]
TierShift
, Izariael reinoe
Flubbernugget davesaz garmr

My thoughts.

@Flubber - I thought you were asking about this.

I have no idea what the "numbers" thing is.
Quote it and I'll explain what I meant.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 3546, Thor665 wrote:
In post 3542, Flubbernugget wrote:

What numbers?

It's a thing from COD.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm guessing COD is some other game and this si some vague joke reference that he tagged onto the answer of his question to reward me by showing he was going nowhere with his question then?
Joy.

You gonna go anywhere with that *brilliant* set of case points you had me address, since now I'm not just waving them away...or rather am waving them away in a specific as opposed to generic sense? Or is that going nowhere also?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”