Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 am

Post by Slandaar »

It reads badly. Another way of saying this is Tone which is a popular argument in this game.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:40 am

Post by Shiro »

@Slander Dx Dont ruin the format you are supposed to say Day 4's point :/ And where am I ? I don't like the lack of spotlight on Shiro this episode ;~;

Regardless of that you didn't answer me. What are your thoughts on Thor's case about me ?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 am

Post by Slandaar »

Don't worry Shiro I have a great point to write up today all about you! That was just a quickie because it was for yesterday and wanted to use it at some point anyways.

I haven't actually read the last couple of pages so eh. I don't know what Thor's 'case' is - vote placement and gut? pretty bland but whatever it doesn't really matter.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:58 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor I hear you are currently looking for a guardian angel. I would like to apply for the position but unfortunately my credentials are quite bad, I was previously Peregrines Guardian Angel and he died horribly but I have learnt from this and grown as a guardian angel. I am sure I can do better this time. I expect the other applicants are going to have better credentials but I really think I would be the perfect person for it. Let me know either way.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 3149, Garmr wrote:Which makes me think you thought it was scummy. Can you explain how it's scummy?

It's not really scummy.

I am saying this AXLE because this relates to TSO's RVS argument on Anen which is very similar. Just because it isn't scummy per se doesn't mean it isn't suspicious.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:06 am

Post by Slandaar »

I mean the suspicion comes from the idea that scum can have a nervous/awkward entrance to the game hence both my argument there and TSO's being very similar in nature. Is it more likely from scum? yes I think so, is there any scum motivation? no.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

So you're town reading thor?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

Yes.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Slandaar »

I have read everything.
(just in case you are wondering due to my earlier post)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3130, Muffin wrote:
Your Pere quotes are pretty heavily padded out with conversation about Thor and you know it.
Hmmm, you're saying it's the quality of the mentions that matters now? I'm pretty sure I saw that mentioned somewhere already...
Muffin wrote:In before "yeah but it's the QUALITY of the mentions, on some subjective scale it's impossible to argue against because I just made it up"

How is my comment about quality?
I'm saying some of the quotes you provided are "padded out" (i.e. made larger seeming) by conversation about me.
That appears to be directly related to size - or quantity - moreso than quality.
How am I wrong here and am making a comment about quality?

In post 3153, Slandaar wrote:Thor I hear you are currently looking for a guardian angel. I would like to apply for the position but unfortunately my credentials are quite bad, I was previously Peregrines Guardian Angel and he died horribly but I have learnt from this and grown as a guardian angel. I am sure I can do better this time. I expect the other applicants are going to have better credentials but I really think I would be the perfect person for it. Let me know either way.

You either town read me or don't and you either want to defend me or don't.
I don't see any risk of me being lynched so I don't see the point of even asking, frankly.
Last I checked I was at L-8 or something.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:43 am

Post by Slandaar »

So, uh, did I get the job?

:good:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

The job offer is one you created - it is one that only you can choose to fill or to not fill. I'm not part of that conversation.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:01 am

Post by Garmr »

I don't get why you feel the need to ask thor slandaar you either do or you don't that's a pretty weird thing to do.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:33 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 3114, TierShift wrote:
In post 3104, goodmorning wrote:
In post 2953, TierShift wrote:
In post 2948, goodmorning wrote:It wasn't. That said, why would Scum-Thor make an easy vote, or at least a vote you perceive as easy?

Because it wouldn't have made me think he was scum. Scum can just farm an easy mislynch if that will not make them appear scummy.

Why should Thor care what you think of him? Why would he act based on your opinion?

It's not my opinion specifically; it's town's in general, as the second line pointed out. He wouldn't seem scummy.

Why do you think it wouldn't make him seem scummy, given that you seem to think he would have made it if he was Scum? You're implying that you would have found him scummy for making the vote (since you find him towny for not) so I really don't understand. You're thinking in circles and it doesn't make sense.

If you want some clean thought process, go look at my stuff on egg, please.

I have done. It's also weird.

:/ Please provide some more detail please

It looks like you were trying to work up to scumreading him, found you couldn't make a case, decided he was Town who just didn't make sense, and then decided he was worth sheeping? That's weird. That's a trajectory that doesn't make sense.

In post 3126, Thor665 wrote:@GM - yes, I am aware you said you would do it today. You also said you would do it weeks ago. Which lie would you like me to believe?

ahahahahahahaha here we go again

Me putting things off is super duper not indicative of alignment. This is the part where, as promised, I reference Shadows and Lights Mafia, in which I was VT and put off posting a case for an entire month.
But you can paint it as lies if you want. Goodness knows you don't seem to have any other defense.
In fact, the sheer amount of time you're spending calling me a liar rather than pushing any kind of case makes my case even stronger.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 3161, Thor665 wrote:The job offer is one you created - it is one that only you can choose to fill or to not fill. I'm not part of that conversation.

I see I am already the staff recruiter?! I can appoint the Guardian Angel myself?! I shall take the position then Thorsie!

I got this now Thorsie no problems!
In post 3162, Garmr wrote:I don't get why you feel the need to ask thor slandaar you either do or you don't that's a pretty weird thing to do.

If you want a serious answer: fun.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 3146, TierShift wrote:There's a thing I want to know, though. Yesterday, you were pretty much set for lynching pere and I believe you townread thor (didn't you?).

I think if you go back you'll find I got off the Pere wagon with time to spare, stating that I was no longer confident he would flip scum. With deadline looming and nobody else being a viable lynch candidate I guiltily voted Pere rather than no-lynch which IMO is just as good as a mislynch for scum.

Here is how my townread of Thor went during D1:

One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:29 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 3159, Thor665 wrote:I'm saying some of the quotes you provided are "padded out" (i.e. made larger seeming) by conversation about me.

They're direct quotes, I haven't padded anything.

If you think my analysis is incorrect, feel free to do your own and show me the error of my ways. I'm open to being convinced, but somehow I think you'll just keep going "NUH UH" instead of doing anything useful.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:45 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3164, Slandaar wrote:
In post 3161, Thor665 wrote:The job offer is one you created - it is one that only you can choose to fill or to not fill. I'm not part of that conversation.

I see I am already the staff recruiter?! I can appoint the Guardian Angel myself?! I shall take the position then Thorsie!

I got this now Thorsie no problems!
In post 3162, Garmr wrote:I don't get why you feel the need to ask thor slandaar you either do or you don't that's a pretty weird thing to do.

If you want a serious answer: fun.

This pings me a bit. Sure, a little fun can be good, but this would also make a nice intro to actually defending Thor under the guise of a make-believe angel role. After all, guardian angel and devil's advocate are not far apart. Maybe you're on the same scum team? This does come at a time that Thor's wagon is on the rise.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 am

Post by davesaz »

Ooh, a chart. Don't think I've seen a chart on this site before. ;)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 3163, goodmorning wrote:
Why do you think it wouldn't make him seem scummy, given that you seem to think he would have made it if he was Scum? You're implying that you would have found him scummy for making the vote (since you find him towny for not) so I really don't understand. You're thinking in circles and it doesn't make sense.

I would have thought it to be neutral for him to make the vote. He seems to me one of the players who votes for inconsistency and irrationality more than anything. But that's not my point. The majority of the players would not have thought him scummy for it. That's why it was safe to do it.

But it goes nowhere, as I'm mildly scumreading thor.

If you want some clean thought process, go look at my stuff on egg, please.

I have done. It's also weird.

:/ Please provide some more detail please

It looks like you were trying to work up to scumreading him, found you couldn't make a case, decided he was Town who just didn't make sense, and then decided he was worth sheeping? That's weird. That's a trajectory that doesn't make sense.

No, that's incorrect. I was sort of scumreading him at first for not doing shit, that's right. But then I ISO'd him and decided I liked his thought process and found him sheepable. You can see that in and . I have never thought he was town who didn't make sense.

Does the trajectory make sense now?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 3165, Muffin wrote:
In post 3146, TierShift wrote:There's a thing I want to know, though. Yesterday, you were pretty much set for lynching pere and I believe you townread thor (didn't you?).

I think if you go back you'll find I got off the Pere wagon with time to spare, stating that I was no longer confident he would flip scum. With deadline looming and nobody else being a viable lynch candidate I guiltily voted Pere rather than no-lynch which IMO is just as good as a mislynch for scum.

Here is how my townread of Thor went during D1:

Your paint skills are majestic.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:51 am

Post by davesaz »

In fact, the sheer amount of time you're spending calling me a liar rather than pushing any kind of case makes my case even stronger.

:up: Yeah, I noticed this too. And I think it might be disproportionate to other instances where people could be accused of lying. TSO comes immediately to mind, how many times did he promise a case on Anen? Yet it's been dropped while Thor is continuing to press you. Now Thor might claim he's just better at pushing people on this sort of thing, but I'm not so sure hammering on the same nail is the right approach for town, if other town aren't paying any attention to it.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Muffin »

In post 3170, TierShift wrote:Your paint skills are majestic.

Over 9000 hours in mspaint, bro.

Bow down to the master. :lol:
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:43 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 3169, TierShift wrote:

I would have thought it to be neutral for him to make the vote. He seems to me one of the players who votes for inconsistency and irrationality more than anything. But that's not my point. The majority of the players would not have thought him scummy for it. That's why it was safe to do it.

But it goes nowhere, as I'm mildly scumreading thor.

There are two possible responses for me to make for this.
The reasonable, sane one is thus: how do you know what a majority of players would or would not think?
The fun one is as follows: The majority of players wouldn't have thought he was scummy if he'd put on an "I'm Scum" hat and danced an "I'm Scum" dance on an "I'm Scum" table to the tune of "I'm Scum".

Anyway, he had a good tunnel going: what would be the point of doing anything else?

No, that's incorrect. I was sort of scumreading him at first for not doing shit, that's right. But then I ISO'd him and decided I liked his thought process and found him sheepable. You can see that in and . I have never thought he was town who didn't make sense.

Does the trajectory make sense now?

You plainly were not a huge fan of his thoughts on Pere.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:54 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 3078, reinoe wrote:
@Boonskiies
Were you really trying to draw a NK by claiming 2-shot bulletproof?

@Thor
Who's scum?

@Flubber
Who's town

@Goodmorning
Why's Thor scum?

Thanks Goodmorning!
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”